My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
Can you give me one single instance, in the history of CZ, where someone has donated to a mapper to show appreciation?

the point is we would rather have  feature for donating to a mapper, than for a map
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
you really do not have a rational opinion in you do you? you are a liar you know fine well you said it i have 2 chat mods as back up to that bro come on really..

I dont see why you would care where the money is going, you either like the map and think it's worth donating $4 to gain EARLY acces. If you dont, you dont pay and you wait..
Why does it matter if UGX or Stevie or whoever get's the money??

I personally didn't like the idea when Stevie told me about it ( and i spend hundreds of hours on this map prob ), but if you think about it there's nothing really wrong with it. I would personally prefer an optional donation button for all mappers instead of this paying for beta-acces becomming the new norm, but if 1000's of people decide to pay and play then i see a lot of mappers who will prob try and do the same in the future..
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
i can agree with a donation button on the topic's but not a release thread that says "donate to get "map"." a donation should be made to the mapper for appreciation in itself not a donation for the actual map files

Double Post Merge: September 02, 2015, 05:16:48 pm
oh im sorry i didnt know you made this topic? dont get your boots too full mate ;)

I think the button should be added above the "add respect" button on the left of mappers profiles thing
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
None, that's why we need that button.
I agree. However UGX has a permanent donate button on the site, available to all. Funny how it saw barely any action until Requiem came out isn't it?
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
Has this become the topic for adding the donation button now? What color should the button be is purple I say
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
I agree. However UGX has a permanent donate button on the site, available to all. Funny how it saw barely any action until Requiem came out isn't it?

i'd say it saw quite a bit of action
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I don't like the whole situation of having to pay for a beta. Mappers are doing this in their free-times as a hobby, not as a job. If you really need money, then go ahead, get a job. We do this for free as a hobby, we shouldn't be payed to do it. If you want to donate to your favorite mapper, sure, its fine. But don't make it, so that: "Donate to me and you get beta of my map!" That's a dick move.
For example: I was offered 100 dollars by someone generous (not telling his name) for rights for Hotel V2. I refused, since I did the project for free and I enjoyed doing it. I could have gotten the money, but it would have felt wrong, that I would get payed for something I would do for free. I will probably not gain any money from Project C, which is anticipated map and has been in works for over year now, and I'm happy about it. Because at the end of the day, I did something I can be proud of and that a lot of people will enjoy playing it and I will get to see some people play it, their reactions and such, and I don't care, if they get money off from it, that's their business, not mine.
If we start to think payed betas is way to go, sooner or later official releases will be fined to be payed and then we have to pay for everything. If BO3 mod tools comes out, I hope we don't take this there also and just leave it behind.
I also agree with Chroma, small donation button would be better solution, pay-to-play beta system is not way to go.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
Unfinished product that costs < Finished free product.

For me it's like people who work at a game company to test the developers new game. They don't have to pay to test the developers game, they are getting payed FOR testing their game. Even though I wouldn't like if the finished product had to be donated either (in the custom zombies case). :P

My opinion.
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:26:27 pm by Ege115
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
The conundrum is that most modders don't think making money off this hobby is good period, for many reasons, not lets figure out how more people can make money. Money isn't a motivator for me to do this. Money doesn't really motivate me at all actually, but that's a different topic. I need it, so I work, that's it. Anyway...

I want to say and agree with those that say pay if you want and don't if you don't. Cause really, I don't care, lol. Yes, youtubers make money, from advertisement I think, but they provide more than just the map, there is commentary and what not, I am sure the people that watch them enjoy. Otherwise, logically, the mapper that is paid would then have to pay those that helped them and those that they got assets from for them and so on or they are now just like the youtubers people protest so much. Where does it end? ... Fine, I can buy that, they did the work of putting it together. UGX got involved cause this stuff cost money, I get it. I can get past that thought...

But then, I remember, yes I'm old, games were cheap before. You bought the game and that was it. Then game prices elevated, mmo's charged, then dlc weeks after release, sometimes sooner. I stopped buying games period. I'm modding on WAW for pete sake. How old is this game, lol? That's my response to all that. But I'm afraid that is not the popular response. People have money and are willing to pay. Look at the free to plays. Look at companies that stop making new games and concentrate on dlc. That's the way things are going. :( Is this discussion a slippery slope to just more of this? Or, is this a way to privatize what people want more, and bring the cost back down? It is hard to say. Everyone needs paid, I know, I just would hate to see all gaming go Madden.

I think maybe some of the downfall of this was it's promotion method. Perhaps if "Early Access" was used rather than "BETA" it would have been easier to swallow for some. I hear beta and I think I am helping you test your work, not you are letting me play early. Semantics really, whatever. Hell, make a forum just for this and make the forum only for donators. That gives them even more exclusivity for their sacrifice. And like minded people would be in the same area, so you would get less arguments. I think Requiem was done similar, yeah?

And ps, how you guys handle the money, is up to you. You guys sacrifice the time, and can do whatever you want with it. Thank you for a site to come and have a hobby that keeps me out of trouble, lol.

Edit: If game makers start seeing money go towards this kind of thing. You think mod tools are going to come out for newer games? Or do you think they will find a way to capitalize on it more...?
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:34:02 pm by MakeCents
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I don't like the whole situation of having to pay for a beta. Mappers are doing this in their free-times as a hobby, not as a job. If you really need money, then go ahead, get a job. We do this for free as a hobby, we shouldn't be payed to do it. If you want to donate to your favorite mapper, sure, its fine. But don't make it, so that: "Donate to me and you get beta of my map!" That's a dick move.
For example: I was offered 100 dollars by someone generous (not telling his name) for rights for Hotel V2. I refused, since I did the project for free and I enjoyed doing it. I could have gotten the money, but it would have felt wrong, that I would get payed for something I would do for free. I will probably not gain any money from Project C, which is anticipated map and has been in works for over year now, and I'm happy about it. Because at the end of the day, I did something I can be proud of and that a lot of people will enjoy playing it and I will get to see some people play it, their reactions and such, and I don't care, if they get money off from it, that's their business, not mine.
If we start to think payed betas is way to go, sooner or later official releases will be fined to be payed and then we have to pay for everything. If BO3 mod tools comes out, I hope we don't take this there also and just leave it behind.
I also agree with Chroma, small donation button would be better solution, pay-to-play beta system is not way to go.

I do agree with everything your saying hitman, We should do this as a hobby and not doing it for money :)
Date Registered: 7 May 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
CraftBrewMan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
CraftBrewMan's Contact & Social LinksCraftBrewManCraftBrewMan
I am all for making donations and even paying for certain beta maps (as i do).  I think some of the issues is that some of the user community does not understand there is a website to maintain, technology to constantly update and mappers that are investing personal funds to make this happen.  This all takes dollars!

We literally have 100s of free maps between a few zombie sites.  If you think about having to pay 15 bucks for 1 dlc, it is amazing how much free playing we all have done with all this free content.  We all should be happy with this and with no complaints.

- CraftBrewMan

The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links

My thoughts exactly, +1.  I dont think we should have to pay for custom maps at all, but charging for a beta of a map but then releasing the complete version for free makes even less sense, hence why betas tend to be free as you're not getting the finale finished product. With Requiem it was different, as access to the beta of Requiem was  a perk of being a donor - even though many people viewed it as paying to pay the map - that is what is happening here by the looks of it, I donated cause of all the awesome UGX videos i saw and all the great stuff they were/are doing. When V1.1 comes out that will also bring out many new excellent maps that have been on hold for months/years cause of V1.1. This is one map and once the hype is over and everyone has played the map it wont be a big thing anymore. The last thing I want to see is other people adapting this idea on their maps.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
My thoughts exactly, +1.  I dont think we should have to pay for custom maps at all, but charging for a beta of a map but then releasing the complete version for free makes even less sense, hence why betas tend to be free as you're not getting the finale finished product. With Requiem it was different, as access to the beta of Requiem was  a perk of being a donor - even though many people viewed it as paying to pay the map - that is what is happening here by the looks of it, I donated cause of all the awesome UGX videos i saw and all the great stuff they were/are doing. When V1.1 comes out that will also bring out many new excellent maps that have been on hold for months/years cause of V1.1. This is one map and once the hype is over and everyone has played the map it wont be a big thing anymore. The last thing I want to see is other people adapting this idea on their maps.
So the problem here is the semantics of the difference between a map and a mod? So if I was releasing a public 'Oil Rig' mod for people to use, then there would be no issue with it then? ???
Date Registered: 19 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
Signature
Bloodsport :- RELEASED -:
-WIP- Cabin Unique :- 75% -:

TheScotchGuy's Groups
TheScotchGuy's Contact & Social LinksTheScotchGuyy
So the problem here is the semantics of the difference between a map and a mod? So if I was releasing a public 'Oil Rig' mod for people to use, then there would be no issue with it then? ???
a public use mod helps the community create more content, 1 map doesnt help anything or any other person than you and the ugx paypal =)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

I also agree with your point here. In UGX, by donating, you are supporting official release for a mod, that anyone in community can use, when its released. This will boost up community a lot, since then people can make awesome maps with awesome mod. Meanwhile what donating to Stevie gives you? One map and tiny bit of money goes to UGX, which I believe is very small amount. And besides, if for example I would have donated only for Requiem, I would have donated 4 dollars, not 25. I donated, because I want to keep this site alive and want to see 1.1 happen, so we can see maps with higher potential.

Loading ...