Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Guard Dogs --Beta Version-- [ 19-06 New update + POLL added ]

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by BluntStuffy

Poll

Question: Should i continue expanding the guard dogs with new abilities / options?

No, please stop. It looks like a big distraction to the actual game, and get's over-complicated.
I like what i'm seeing, but not sure about the functionality.
Yes, keep doing what you're doing and go mental!
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Wait, there was beta button? :fuuu:

It's Ok, Hitman, we can all crash at my house since they won't let us in.  :ok:
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 4 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
It's Ok, Hitman, we can all crash at my house since they won't let us in.  :ok:

:lol: its a fun map as well, you guys are missing out, though the map isnt detailed it is well designed and layed out
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
:lol: its a fun map as well, you guys are missing out, though the map isnt detailed it is well designed and layed out
Yea Smasher, I thought the map was really fun too. I was playing for a while and actually forgot about the guard dog drop and just wanted to open things up and look around  ;D
The guard dog drop is TOTALLY badass though.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Yeah, the dog it kick ass. I could see so many options too once you release it in a tut. Different health systems for the dog, or a dog revive option where you can revive your dog. Maybe upgrades for the dog, like a emp blast, or he makes the last zombie a crawler for you and then keeps him busy lol, like people always do on coop, lol. Maybe a sack for the dog where he holds a gun for you, lol. Mounted turret on a dog! Just kidding, or am I? So much potential for growth and customization for an already awesome idea.
Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:45:36 pm by MakeCents
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Yeah, the dog it kick ass. I could see so many options too once you release it in a tut. Different health systems for the dog, or a dog revive option where you can revive your dog. Maybe upgrades for the dog, like a emp blast, or he makes the last zombie a crawler for you and then keeps him busy lol, like people always do on coop, lol. Maybe a sack for the dog where he holds a gun for you, lol. Mounted turret on a dog! Just kidding, or am I? So much potential for growth and customization for an already awesome idea.
Lol, loving these ideas ;D
Date Registered: 10 October 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'U 'Avin a Giggle der' M8?'
Signature
Loading Fucks to give....50%
GdayitsVishnu's Groups
GdayitsVishnu's Contact & Social Linksgunitmaynejezzayhayza
Or like buried how you can use Leroy to open things for you, maybe this guard dog feature can be elaborated upon and the dog/dogs can break down doors for you, or if you fed it dog food it will grow and can eat a zombie or carry the crawler or bite its legs and make a crawler who knows what the possibilities are, they are endless!
Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:04:40 pm by GdayitsVishnu
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
hey stuffy, when are you gonna finish Relinquished ( Project Nova ).
Is almost a year now :'(
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Time for an update, it's been some time since i gave out the beta and got some nice feedback from about half the participants..
The biggest problem seemed to be the dogs died to easy, specially in higher rounds. Also got a lot of nice ideas from some people, some
are being worked on allready, and others are on the to-do list. Thanks for all that!

What i've changed so far:
-most of the HUD moved to menu-files to save hud-elements
-Increased dog's health, and changed health system
-Added powerups that only have impacts on dogs, and can only be picked up by dogs
-Added waypoint when the dog gets far away from the owner
-Increased effectiveness of the retreat ability to make the dog 'smarter'
-You can no longer acces the menu from another players dog

Powerups for the dogs i've currently added:
( NOTE: all models/shaders etc for the dog-powerups in the vid below are placeholders for now! )
----Health ( add x amount or full health )
----God Mode
----Add xp /or/ Dog 1 Level up
----Explosive touch
----The xp your dog earns, you get awarded as points

Other additions to the beta map ( if people notice problems with any of these in the 1.2 version that will be released this weekend prob, please report back to me :) )
-Multiple gibbing ( as far as the available gib-models allow, at least twice per zombie. So if you shot off a zombies arm for example, you can still gib ( one of ) the legs too )
-Instant killing Nuke's ( are actually in the current version, forgot to mention b4 )

I'm planning on adding more skill-levels for the dogs to level up, and have some abilities become available with that that make the dog more
usefull. Also want to add other powerups, and try and make interacting with the dog easier and faster.
examples of new abilities that become available when leveling up:
   -carry extra ammo
   -carry an extra weapon for you
   -go and buy ammo for your weapon ( wall-weapon )
   -go and pap your gun
   -become a 'living monkey-bomb' ( not exploding ), a moving poi distracting the zombies
   -keep a crawler/zombie busy at the end of the round
   -gun mount: mount a (sentry-)gun on your dog's back ( this may be a powerup instead )

All of this is still subject to change though, and i'm also open for other suggestions as well.

A little vid with some gameplay of the updated version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNtNyFgBUcU&feature=youtu.be

hey stuffy, when are you gonna finish Relinquished ( Project Nova ).
Is almost a year now :'(

Rlly? Time flies when you're having fun  :troll:
I'm rlly not sure, atm i'm thinking of releasing Greenhouse first and that's also the map i've done most work on in the past months. Last time i worked on Relinquished/PN was before the xmas contest. I have some work-related stuff going on for the past few months taking up quite some time, and you might have noticed by now i have a hard time focussing on one project, so making no promises whatsoever  :D

Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:35:48 pm by BluntStuffy
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Nice man! Looking really good. Love the dog specific power ups. Now we can make a perk that gives my dog a second life, or that allows us to revive him, lol. Call it trainer or dog whisperer, lol. Can't wait to see a turret mount power up!
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
actually yeah a perk specific to the dog would be quite cool

dog jug
dog stamin up

lol  ;D
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
+1 for the profile pic
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
+1 for the profile pic

Same. Even for your picture
+1.                          +1
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Looking at the poll most people think i should go mental, so i will  ;D
Added another dog-powerup while messing with the sentry-gun and not making too much progres there.
Alltough this one is not really related to the dogs, it does give them a huge advantage in higher rounds when they are up against fast zombies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YFka7G_8s&feature=youtu.be
Date Registered: 10 October 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'U 'Avin a Giggle der' M8?'
GdayitsVishnu's Groups
GdayitsVishnu's Contact & Social Linksgunitmaynejezzayhayza
can i suggest adding in the sound for the powerup you get to get the dogs, you know how in mob of the dead when you finish feeding the dogs on the wall it makes that "dun dun dun" sound, when you get the dog powerup it should have that play idk just an idea id like to see if its possible!
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
can i suggest adding in the sound for the powerup you get to get the dogs, you know how in mob of the dead when you finish feeding the dogs on the wall it makes that "dun dun dun" sound, when you get the dog powerup it should have that play idk just an idea id like to see if its possible!

Rather have WaW sound: "Dogs inbound" MOTD sound would not fit in that :please:

Loading ...