UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Results] UGX-Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest 2015 Winners!

HOTPINNED
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by treminaor
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Dude. All I'm suggesting is a fairer voting system, I'm not trying to completely re-organise how the contest is run... I never "actively tried to seek problems with it", I'd rather you didn't accuse me of such.

And what's wrong with suggestions anyway? Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?
lol but thats my point

look ugx thought of something

now lets all just point out everything wrong with it

everytime

lol anyway i aint making a deal, im just saying its so typical
Date Registered: 30 June 2014
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Welcome i am killingerk
if you like my videos please like and subscribe for more.if you guys like me to make a video I will make it.
if you need help on one of my video ask in the comments or add me i will help you if the link doesn't work tell me I will fix it.
Have fun play game and more be save by .
thanks for all the maps you guys made for us good job guys winning the contest
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
As long as we're all talking about things that should have been different about the contest, my personal opinion is that we should have not allowed the same consecutive winner for a mapping contest.

I see your point about the voting system, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of editing SMF's voting system. We can't really switch to a third party polling system because then we have no way of verifying that each vote is from a legitimate person and that no one is abusing the system.
Date Registered: 30 June 2014
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
As long as we're all talking about things that should have been different about the contest, my personal opinion is that we should have not allowed the same consecutive winner for a mapping contest.

I see your point about the voting system, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of editing SMF's voting system. We can't really switch to a third party polling system because then we have no way of verifying that each vote is from a legitimate person and that no one is abusing the system.
that's okay I didn't know you had to vote or common. I can see a lot of people making accounts to cheat if it was a vote button
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
But, trem, then Jbird would have no reason to come back.  :troll:
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
Had lots of fun participating, glad I at least won 3rd, thanks for anyone who voted for me, mainly entered to win to get a better laptop to make better maps for you guys in the community, just ran out of time with moving and getting my license this year, hopefully next contest I can focus more, have a much better PC instead of a standard walmart one, and we can do it with bo3 mod tools :D
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links

Yeah, my opinion obviously isn't worth more than anyone else, especially not yours, but I think that would be doing a disservice to the community.  Skilled mappers shouldn't be penalized.   They set a high bar, and create challenges for others to break.

Personally I think it would be better if winners and losers are chosen by staff that are impartial and non-biased, but that might limit your number of judges to a handful of people that can be trusted.  The obvious downside of judging is it can impact personal relationships.

Just my point of view, maybe it's good feedback or not, I've said enough already. lol
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Personally I think it would be better if winners and losers are chosen by staff that are impartial and non-biased, but that might limit your number of judges to a handful of people that can be trusted.  The obvious downside of judging is it can impact personal relationships.

Just my point of view, maybe it's good feedback or not, I've said enough already. lol
This was how we handled our last UGX mapping contest and it didn't really turn out any better.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Congrats to all the people that participate on the contest!  8)
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
This was how we handled our last UGX mapping contest and it didn't really turn out any better.
There's really no way to handle it without people disagreeing on the results. If we had chosen the winners ourselves then we would have chosen differently than the results of the contest and people would be upset. And now we left it up to the community to decide and big surprise people are still upset lol.
I understand your POV of this, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'd like to say:

IMHO the most important thing isn't how happy the public is by the turnout -- they'll never be happy. To me, the most important aspect is the fairness of the contest.

The fundamental flaw with public voting is that 99% of the population DOES NOT play every map. Most people probably play only one or two of the maps, then vote.

I played most of the contest maps: however, I refrained from voting, as I felt it would be unfair if I voted without playing every map.

The saddest thing, to me at least, is that casual players who visit UGX once every 3 months, posting nothing and only DL'ing maps, are able to hop onto the contest page, say

"Oh there's Jbird/Chroma/whoever else (no offense to these 2, just examples), I know them so I'll play their map and vote for it"

And then these players promptly vote for said map without playing any others. It sucks, because just imagine if the best map was one with an unflashy title and WiP, made by an unknown, and nobody played it for said reasons and it lost despite its quality.

So, I would just like to bring that up in case you maybe didn't think about it. Anyway, I REALLY appreciate the work UGX and ZomMod staff and mappers put into this, so please don't take this as shit-talking, just wanted to say how I feel.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
The saddest thing, to me at least, is that casual players who visit UGX once every 3 months, posting nothing and only DL'ing maps, are able to hop onto the contest page, say

"Oh there's Jbird/Chroma/whoever else (no offense to these 2, just examples), I know them so I'll play their map and vote for it"

And then these players promptly vote for said map without playing any others. It sucks, because just imagine if the best map was one with an unflashy title and WiP, made by an unknown, and nobody played it for said reasons and it lost despite its quality.

So, I would just like to bring that up in case you maybe didn't think about it. Anyway, I REALLY appreciate the work UGX and ZomMod staff and mappers put into this, so please don't take this as shit-talking, just wanted to say how I feel.
believe me we're already aware of this and it's sad.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
i voted for encampment it had a bit much foliage but i liked the layout so congratulations to all the contest maps, they was fun to explore and discover. People voiced their opinions and the maps that won did not directly win because they ware BAD rather the opposite if nobody enjoyed them they would vote for something else.  the maps with most effort put into them deserved to win.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
believe me we're already aware of this and it's sad.
Yeah, I figured you guys did. Congratulations to all of you for the successful contest nonetheless, it brought a lot of new maps to the community: I just hope that the mappers will follow up in good faith and work to update/improve their maps with time. Anyway, as Radi said, I still feel like the contest results were pretty fair, and I guess nothing is perfect.
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
All other maps submitted are eligible for the runner-up $10 prize.

Does this imply we all get $10 basically for just participating or will there be another vote for the runner up(s)?
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Congratulations to the winners! I don't think I will ever join one of these contests, but if I did, I would want them to be voted on and judged the way this one was done. I think you guys did a good job in letting the community choose.

Only thing I would think of adding is separating prize moneys by giving categories. Best mapping, best features, best custom content, best whatever, then give multiple voting poles, rather than 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, or along with, idk. At least I hear people break down maps this way anyway, especially in the review section.

I only had time to play one of the maps so that is what I voted for. :( Guilty. Keep up the good work.

Loading ...