Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
UNR34LxPyro, I know that every new mapper has a first map and that is fine, but this has been done a thousand times. One window and then nothing that could be even remotely called a feature. Your best and only strategy is to play this map with one hand while your other hand is doing something...well, much more satisfying. Please no more of these.
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:48:00 am by tomikaze
broken avatar :(
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UNR34LxPyro, I know that every new mapper has a first map and that is fine, but this has been done a thousand times. One window and then nothing that could be even remotely called a feature. Your best and only strategy is to play this map with one hand while your other hand is doing something...well, much more satisfying. Please no more of these.

I agree with you but i have seen really bad first maps. (Like mine "RUN" ). Anyways UNR34LxPyro, keep on mapping if you use your skills and expand on em you will make good maps. Like have doors in you next map.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.

Dear Tomikaze,
...a map being your first map doesnt excuse it being shit. If you really want to deliver a good map (this goes out to every mapper might reading this btw) just get your shit together and make one. Id love to do bad things to everyone whos mindset is like: "oh a boxmap without custom guns... Well its his first map at least he tryed to give something to the community" and im just like : "yeah he took 2 minutes doning AWESOMENESS for the community FUCK YES PLAY HIS MAP GUYS" (tbh the community would be better off without that)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I wanted to bite my tongue on this one, but I have to get it off my chest.

This map is everything that is wrong with the custom community. There is literally hundreds of 'One Window' maps out there, and we simply do not need another one. I have barely any mapping experience and I have made two maps to date that took me less than a few hours that are better than this!

I hate criticizing mappers as a lot of them tend to take it the wrong way, but this type of work is simply lazy, or an attempt by mappers to get their work shown over on an NGT stream just so they can tell their friends.

It is not good enough, and it is not a map that will get played often, so what is the point? I apologies in advance for any offense taken by the mapper, but I just feel that the custom community is suffering due to these type of releases, and if a mapper is not willing to try and challenge themselves properly and release a map that is worthy, then no one will play them and it will all be for nothing.

ZM has too many of them and it is a chore trying to find a decent map on there nowadays will going through the thousands and thousands of box maps, one window maps and general trash. Does not help when they intentionally overrate their maps by giving them 8-10 stars only to find out is a trashy competition box map made in a day by one of their clique.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I wanted to bite my tongue on this one, but I have to get it off my chest.

This map is everything that is wrong with the custom community. There is literally hundreds of 'One Window' maps out there, and we simply do not need another one. I have barely any mapping experience and I have made two maps to date that took me less than a few hours that are better than this!

I hate criticizing mappers as a lot of them tend to take it the wrong way, but this type of work is simply lazy, or an attempt by mappers to get their work shown over on an NGT stream just so they can tell their friends.

It is not good enough, and it is not a map that will get played often, so what is the point? I apologies in advance for any offense taken by the mapper, but I just feel that the custom community is suffering due to these type of releases, and if a mapper is not willing to try and challenge themselves properly and release a map that is worthy, then no one will play them and it will all be for nothing.

ZM has too many of them and it is a chore trying to find a decent map on there nowadays will going through the thousands and thousands of box maps, one window maps and general trash. Does not help when they intentionally overrate their maps by giving them 8-10 stars only to find out is a trashy competition box map made in a day by one of their clique.

Agreed, the latest 10 map releases on ZM were all box maps/first maps and the last thing I want is that disease spreading here
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Agreed, the latest 10 map releases on ZM were all box maps/first maps and the last thing I want is that disease spreading here
Well we didn't want to outright say that people weren't allowed to post box maps etc because I suppose there are still people who like to play those. However, our solution was to only put the better maps into the Manager - the maps who showed obvious effort beyond a one-room map. It's very hard to draw a line sometimes because people can be easily offended if a map they did put a lot of effort into still does not meet the expectations of the community. So my hope was that people who didn't want to sift through boxmaps could just pay attention to the Manager maps and ignore the Releases section - but obviously not everyone wants to do that.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet

HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"? Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. And if you think that you can do better than this THEN DO IT. Otherwise i don't see how in what right you have to go off on this particular map, when there are supposedly "hundreds" of box maps like this one.

If people want to play a box map, its their choice. Who are you -or anyone for that matter- to regulate in any form what people play with the game they bought? And HOW does 100 or even a million box maps hurt the community any?

"general trash"? You mean stock maps i assume? Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.

"disease"... really?
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"? Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. And if you think that you can do better than this THEN DO IT. Otherwise i don't see how in what right you have to go off on this particular map, when there are supposedly "hundreds" of box maps like this one.

If people want to play a box map, its their choice. Who are you -or anyone for that matter- to regulate in any form what people play with the game they bought? And HOW does 100 or even a million box maps hurt the community any?

"general trash"? You mean stock maps i assume? Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.

"disease"... really?

Well done +1
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. And last time I checked, UGX Mod had this crazy option where you could actually play the map without anything from the mod activated. I think it's called Classic mode or something.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. And last time I checked, UGX Mod had this crazy option where you could actually play the map without anything from the mod activated. I think it's called Classic mode or something.

Except the weapons, yes i know. And thats one of my biggest issues with the UGX mod. The weapons aren't balanced well enough or interesting enough for me to have a good experience with UGX modded maps. I often find myself just upgrading the AK47 and G36C and not touching the other weapons since their two of the most powerful weapons in the mod.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Well we didn't want to outright say that people weren't allowed to post box maps etc because I suppose there are still people who like to play those. However, our solution was to only put the better maps into the Manager - the maps who showed obvious effort beyond a one-room map. It's very hard to draw a line sometimes because people can be easily offended if a map they did put a lot of effort into still does not meet the expectations of the community. So my hope was that people who didn't want to sift through boxmaps could just pay attention to the Manager maps and ignore the Releases section - but obviously not everyone wants to do that.

I tend to check releases often and most maps i download tend to be before they even appear on the manager and the majority of maps tend to be decent on here

Post Merge: April 22, 2014, 09:44:28 pm
Except the weapons, yes i know. And thats one of my biggest issues with the UGX mod. The weapons aren't balanced well enough or interesting enough for me to have a good experience with UGX modded maps. I often find myself just upgrading the AK47 and G36C and not touching the other weapons since their two of the most powerful weapons in the mod.

meh, would play a UGX mod map over a stock map anyday, there are plenty of stock maps out there if thats the experience people want, but when it comes to new maps it is time to move on utilizing features we now have.
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:44:28 pm by timelordalex
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"?
He didn't say this one map IS everything that is wrong with the community, but merely that it represents the things that are wrong with the community.

Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. .
Then GTFO, seriously. Then maybe it would be a little less crap.

Some people actually want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.
PURE?! What the hell are you talking about. Because it's new it's less PURE than your freaking stupid idea of a stock map utopia. Seriously, I want to punch a hole through your stupid face.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
He didn't say this one map IS everything that is wrong with the community, but merely that it represents the things that are wrong with the community.
Then GTFO, seriously. Then maybe it would be a little less crap.
PURE?! What the hell are you talking about. Because it's new it's less PURE than your freaking stupid idea of a stock map utopia. Seriously, I want to punch a hole through your stupid face.

Chill. I never said that i wanted some kind of stock map utopia, hell i enjoy a UGX, ZCT, or other modded maps from time to time. But when things like weapons not being balanced or features being broken, it really turns off from the experience for me and plenty of other people. There should be no reason why after playing a custom map, my screen has flame FX for no reason, or why i can't change my resolution because a custom map corrupted my save file.

And sir, if you hate me so bad that you want to physically hurt me because i speak my opinion, then you really need help. I ain't joking around either.
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
you cant say stock maps are balanced also, most people when playing cod stock maps were, like buy mp40 or tommygun, buy box, then get ppsh and mg or maybe the wunderwaff. then we have like 20 unused guns that no one liked because past the rounf 10 they are more than useless!!.
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote