Created 10 years ago
by UNR34LxPyro
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
While I totally agree stock maps are incredibly boring to me nowadays (there are about about 20 Treyarch maps with BO1 and BO2 weapons, and literally 1000s of maps with the stock WAW weaponry - that's why people are sick of them, that and the point JJ made that most people only use about 4-5 of the guns as the rest basically suck)...

The counterargument is also valid in that the majority of maps with ported guns are just completely half arsed, by that I mean missing/wrong sounds/textures, stats, anims, you name it, a lot of people don't even bother having a PAP camo - just more damage/PAP muzzle flash/change name - done  :D (Also, and no offence intended here, I'm not really a fan of the UGX COD4 weapons either) So I think most of us agree new features/guns ARE the way forward, just that people take a little more time and care when implementing them  ;D

The box map argument is for another time...
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
but zombie community is evolving now a days, there people who also works on fixing guns.(like steviewonder xD) and im sure ugx mod v1.1 will have also newer guns fully functional. so there wont be a excuse for future maps to use stock weaponry if they dont know how to port weapons correctly lol
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Oh I agree UGX v.1.1 looks phenomenal  ;D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
you cant say stock maps are balanced also, most people when playing cod stock maps were, like buy mp40 or tommygun, buy box, then get ppsh and mg or maybe the wunderwaff. then we have like 20 unused guns that no one liked because past the rounf 10 they are more than useless!!.

They where intended that way. If all weapons where MP40 or thompson powerful from the start then you wouldn't be able to build up points and buy anything. Yes after a point their useless, but thats why you pap them.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"? Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. And if you think that you can do better than this THEN DO IT. Otherwise i don't see how in what right you have to go off on this particular map, when there are supposedly "hundreds" of box maps like this one.

Not even remotely surprised that is would be YOU who would chip in with his bit.

The reason this map is everything that is wrong with this community is that the map is not original. There is hundreds of these exact same maps on the scene. Why should we welcome or even play another one? They are made in less than a few hours and with one sole purpose in mind... to get it live streamed! There get buried in the forums never to be seen again because people have already played these type of maps to death.

Who am I? Who the hell are you! You rant more trash on here than anyone... abusing guys like ZK for his prison mission map, and now you jump in on this thread acting like the mappers attorney trying to slam me. This is my my opinion and I am entitled to it. If you want to make this a personal bash take it to PM or Skype.

I made it PERFECTLY clear in my post that I was not trying to offend the mapper, but had to make my point on the whole one room/box map situation. I want to see more originality in this scene, and if it means expressing my opinion to mappers then so be it.
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
OK I think we all get the point and I can see this heading off topic so lets just try to be nice :nyan:
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Adding on to what zombiejelly said if one of you would like to start a topic specifically debating this topic then feel free as long as it's kept civil and within the bounds of site rules. But this topic isn't the place to debate box maps and modded maps.
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Which came first, The chicken or the egg?
Signature
Check out my Custom Zombies Channel
 P0tZ YaT00000bin'
And also over at twitch
 P0tZ Twitchin'
P0tZ's Groups
P0tZ's Contact & Social Linkslive:p0tz-ukp0tzP0tZP0tZUKP0tZ001p0tzukp0tz001
errrrrr.....Boxey! :D
Date Registered: 23 October 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I'm back.
Signature
Love slaying them zombies up and sharing it with the world.

www.youtube.com/nascarfanatc24
www.twitch.tv/nascarfanatic24

Mapper of Legacy: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4096.0
NascarFanatic24's Groups
I agree with the topic of  box or one window challenge type of "Maps" are being overused due to lack of creativity. I am going to side with Death on this one. Please don't release these type of maps guys they are boring and have no re-playability facture to them. When you see nothing but those types of maps all the time then yes it is being way to overused.

Take this as feedback: Please spend more then 4+ hour on a map. Try to spend a more like a couple of weeks, months. Big time mapper don't earn fame by releasing a map in a couple of hours. They take the time to layout the map. Then they work on what they want to accomplish within the map.

*Please note may or not be misspells within this reply.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
I agree with the topic of  box or one window challenge type of "Maps" are being overused due to lack of creativity. I am going to side with Death on this one. Please don't release these type of maps guys they are boring and have no re-playability facture to them. When you see nothing but those types of maps all the time then yes it is being way to overused.

Take this as feedback: Please spend more then 4+ hour on a map. Try to spend a more like a couple of weeks, months. Big time mapper don't earn fame by releasing a map in a couple of hours. They take the time to layout the map. Then they work on what they want to accomplish within the map.

*Please note may or not be misspells within this reply.

Like was said before, this topic is not to discuss the liking or disliking of a box map. If you want to discuss this please feel free to open up a new topic to debate about this like Saje said. Please no more replies on this thread about the subject. If it does not have anything to do directly with this map then its off topic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. ;D
Date Registered: 17 April 2014
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Released new map called Death Cube
UNR34LxPyro's Groups
UNR34LxPyro's Contact & Social LinksUNR34LxPyroUNR34LxPYROUNR34LxPYROUNR34LxPYRO
That's the problem, I have asked around but no one has helped me with zoning or multiple room maps, so I got aggravated with multiple rooms and just released this one. I've watched videos. I've posted on forums, I've tried everything, I've even re-installed modtools twice, but none of the tut seen to help or do anything for me.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:36:31 pm by UNR34LxPyro
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
That's the problem, I have asked around but no one has helped me with zoning or multiple room maps, so I got aggravated with multiple rooms and just released this one. I've watched videos.
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ultimate_Guide_to_Zones_in_v1.4_Maps
Date Registered: 17 April 2014
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Released new map called Death Cube
UNR34LxPyro's Groups
UNR34LxPyro's Contact & Social LinksUNR34LxPyroUNR34LxPYROUNR34LxPYROUNR34LxPYRO
That is is exactaly what I needed thank you so much trem
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Which came first, The chicken or the egg?
P0tZ's Groups
P0tZ's Contact & Social Linkslive:p0tz-ukp0tzP0tZP0tZUKP0tZ001p0tzukp0tz001
WIN
 ;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
That is is exactaly what I needed thank you so much trem

Anytime you need any help with anything and cant find what you are looking for on the UGX wiki or all the other tutorials then by all means feel free to message me and if I cant help I am sure I can point you in the right direction

WIN
 ;D

Potz you are a man of few words with all your one word epicness :gusta:

Loading ...