UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: UNR34LxPyro on April 21, 2014, 03:13:07 am

Title: New Map Release | Death Cube
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 21, 2014, 03:13:07 am
This is a small map with one window, and it get to be very challenging, (as long as you don't get the flamethrower), here are some pics sorry they are blown out, i don't know what happened, but have fun on this very small map. It does not have any doors or anywhere to go, its just pure survival. If you find or see a bug just report to me and i'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Have fun slaying zombies! And have a great day.

*Note, you do not start with 500,000 points

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fpi4TMW8.png&hash=078e81c15d3e5a4e62f72215384e551403e827ff)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F7NGmOST.png&hash=3c17d6898fa3787e04bea5b8b42f6e62c7b077d6)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fpphnq5J.png&hash=8a0ee1631611e2f29b6507fec53f9ab9da1ae501)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fj2ssMkx.png&hash=c9cab0a462c764dd9d6544e2f755fbdc1436ad5f)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNXD8zEM.png&hash=e0bd2fa2ee76c60730e0d35c87176ae8413a4e0e)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FQIClsGt.png&hash=0c56b48922f5ab829739c3d55287a5fb6345853b)

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9aws9kla1cpvma/nazi_zombie_dtc.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9aws9kla1cpvma/nazi_zombie_dtc.exe)

To start the map you must have console enabled, then launch it and press ~ (tilde) and type "map nazi_zombie_dtc"

Sorry for having to use console to start, I don't know how to make a menu button
Title: Re: New Map Release | Death Cube
Post by: pashan on April 21, 2014, 03:25:21 am
where is the download link?
Post by: treminaor on April 21, 2014, 03:41:05 am
Edit: Nevermind, I understand the map doesn't start with 500000.

Don't release your map with 500000 starting points... it takes two seconds to fix. Open your zombiemode.gsc and edit

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_start", 				500000 );

To be

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_start", 				500 );

There's not much of a point to playing the map if I can buy everything and more on round 1.
Post by: pashan on April 21, 2014, 03:47:28 am
Don't release your map with 500000 starting points... it takes two seconds to fix. Open your zombiemode.gsc and edit

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_start", 				500000 );

To be

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_start", 				500 );

There's not much of a point to playing the map if I can buy everything and more on round 1.

The maps starts with 500 it says so in the post :)

Maybe you misread it
Post by: treminaor on April 21, 2014, 03:48:16 am
The maps starts with 500 it says so in the post :)

Maybe you misread it
I saw the pictures and read it as "*Note: You start with 500000 points". My mistake, sorry.
Post by: pashan on April 21, 2014, 03:49:50 am
I misread it first too
Post by: ocxmwys4mod on April 21, 2014, 11:23:30 am
Thank you for sharing 热爱cod的基友屌丝们QQ群145471670 :troll:
Post by: TrueKiller1968 on April 21, 2014, 03:33:36 pm
I see no download link.
Post by: SajeOne on April 21, 2014, 03:52:08 pm
@UNR34LxPyro Could you please give a reason for the removal of your map's download link? If you no longer want your map on the site then please notify me or another moderator so they can delete the topic. If you are working on a patch please at least post the first version as well as a notice of a pending update so people can report existing bugs. If no reply is made or non of the above actions are met within reasonable time the topic will be deleted.
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 21, 2014, 10:17:20 pm
Sorry for being the extremely "smart" person I rarely am, and forgetting to put in the download link.

Post by: daedra descent on April 21, 2014, 10:51:06 pm
You packaged the wrong folder, and the name might be to long for COOP to work. xD
Post by: Dust on April 21, 2014, 11:32:22 pm
Daedra is right, your name can only be 11 characters after the nazi_zombie_ bit so what you have to do is make a new map with the script placer, copy over your exisitng scripts and .map file in map source to the new map, then recompile
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 21, 2014, 11:47:12 pm
Than how do I move the map to one with just nazi_zombie_dth
Post by: Dust on April 21, 2014, 11:54:37 pm
Than how do I move the map to one with just nazi_zombie_dth

You create a new map using the script placer in this case call it nazi_zombie_dth, like you would for any other map, then rename the .map file, the file that has your actual map name is nazi_zombie_dth so it will replace the one you just created then copy everything in the mods folder from your old map to the new folder. then do a full recompile(compile map, compile patch, build mod) then you should be good to go
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 22, 2014, 12:22:06 am
Sorry for my noobinees, I've recompiled and tested and it is now working so enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9aws9kla1cpvma/nazi_zombie_dtc.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9aws9kla1cpvma/nazi_zombie_dtc.exe)
Post by: tomikaze on April 22, 2014, 01:47:24 am
UNR34LxPyro, I know that every new mapper has a first map and that is fine, but this has been done a thousand times. One window and then nothing that could be even remotely called a feature. Your best and only strategy is to play this map with one hand while your other hand is doing something...well, much more satisfying. Please no more of these.
Post by: pashan on April 22, 2014, 02:00:18 am
UNR34LxPyro, I know that every new mapper has a first map and that is fine, but this has been done a thousand times. One window and then nothing that could be even remotely called a feature. Your best and only strategy is to play this map with one hand while your other hand is doing something...well, much more satisfying. Please no more of these.

I agree with you but i have seen really bad first maps. (Like mine "RUN" ). Anyways UNR34LxPyro, keep on mapping if you use your skills and expand on em you will make good maps. Like have doors in you next map.
Post by: IHammY/ on April 22, 2014, 07:58:41 am

Dear Tomikaze,
...a map being your first map doesnt excuse it being shit. If you really want to deliver a good map (this goes out to every mapper might reading this btw) just get your shit together and make one. Id love to do bad things to everyone whos mindset is like: "oh a boxmap without custom guns... Well its his first map at least he tryed to give something to the community" and im just like : "yeah he took 2 minutes doning AWESOMENESS for the community FUCK YES PLAY HIS MAP GUYS" (tbh the community would be better off without that)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on April 22, 2014, 01:21:29 pm
I wanted to bite my tongue on this one, but I have to get it off my chest.

This map is everything that is wrong with the custom community. There is literally hundreds of 'One Window' maps out there, and we simply do not need another one. I have barely any mapping experience and I have made two maps to date that took me less than a few hours that are better than this!

I hate criticizing mappers as a lot of them tend to take it the wrong way, but this type of work is simply lazy, or an attempt by mappers to get their work shown over on an NGT stream just so they can tell their friends.

It is not good enough, and it is not a map that will get played often, so what is the point? I apologies in advance for any offense taken by the mapper, but I just feel that the custom community is suffering due to these type of releases, and if a mapper is not willing to try and challenge themselves properly and release a map that is worthy, then no one will play them and it will all be for nothing.

ZM has too many of them and it is a chore trying to find a decent map on there nowadays will going through the thousands and thousands of box maps, one window maps and general trash. Does not help when they intentionally overrate their maps by giving them 8-10 stars only to find out is a trashy competition box map made in a day by one of their clique.
Post by: timelordalex on April 22, 2014, 05:29:25 pm
I wanted to bite my tongue on this one, but I have to get it off my chest.

This map is everything that is wrong with the custom community. There is literally hundreds of 'One Window' maps out there, and we simply do not need another one. I have barely any mapping experience and I have made two maps to date that took me less than a few hours that are better than this!

I hate criticizing mappers as a lot of them tend to take it the wrong way, but this type of work is simply lazy, or an attempt by mappers to get their work shown over on an NGT stream just so they can tell their friends.

It is not good enough, and it is not a map that will get played often, so what is the point? I apologies in advance for any offense taken by the mapper, but I just feel that the custom community is suffering due to these type of releases, and if a mapper is not willing to try and challenge themselves properly and release a map that is worthy, then no one will play them and it will all be for nothing.

ZM has too many of them and it is a chore trying to find a decent map on there nowadays will going through the thousands and thousands of box maps, one window maps and general trash. Does not help when they intentionally overrate their maps by giving them 8-10 stars only to find out is a trashy competition box map made in a day by one of their clique.

Agreed, the latest 10 map releases on ZM were all box maps/first maps and the last thing I want is that disease spreading here
Post by: treminaor on April 22, 2014, 08:42:40 pm
Agreed, the latest 10 map releases on ZM were all box maps/first maps and the last thing I want is that disease spreading here
Well we didn't want to outright say that people weren't allowed to post box maps etc because I suppose there are still people who like to play those. However, our solution was to only put the better maps into the Manager - the maps who showed obvious effort beyond a one-room map. It's very hard to draw a line sometimes because people can be easily offended if a map they did put a lot of effort into still does not meet the expectations of the community. So my hope was that people who didn't want to sift through boxmaps could just pay attention to the Manager maps and ignore the Releases section - but obviously not everyone wants to do that.
Post by: daedra descent on April 22, 2014, 09:27:58 pm

HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"? Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. And if you think that you can do better than this THEN DO IT. Otherwise i don't see how in what right you have to go off on this particular map, when there are supposedly "hundreds" of box maps like this one.

If people want to play a box map, its their choice. Who are you -or anyone for that matter- to regulate in any form what people play with the game they bought? And HOW does 100 or even a million box maps hurt the community any?

"general trash"? You mean stock maps i assume? Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.

"disease"... really?
Post by: pashan on April 22, 2014, 09:31:27 pm
HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"? Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. And if you think that you can do better than this THEN DO IT. Otherwise i don't see how in what right you have to go off on this particular map, when there are supposedly "hundreds" of box maps like this one.

If people want to play a box map, its their choice. Who are you -or anyone for that matter- to regulate in any form what people play with the game they bought? And HOW does 100 or even a million box maps hurt the community any?

"general trash"? You mean stock maps i assume? Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.

"disease"... really?

Well done +1
Post by: treminaor on April 22, 2014, 09:32:29 pm
Well let me tell you, not everyone wants the UGX mod, ZCT or any other type of mod/custom content shoved down their throats every second. Some people actually (whether you choose to believe it or not) want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. And last time I checked, UGX Mod had this crazy option where you could actually play the map without anything from the mod activated. I think it's called Classic mode or something.
Post by: daedra descent on April 22, 2014, 09:39:09 pm
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. And last time I checked, UGX Mod had this crazy option where you could actually play the map without anything from the mod activated. I think it's called Classic mode or something.

Except the weapons, yes i know. And thats one of my biggest issues with the UGX mod. The weapons aren't balanced well enough or interesting enough for me to have a good experience with UGX modded maps. I often find myself just upgrading the AK47 and G36C and not touching the other weapons since their two of the most powerful weapons in the mod.
Post by: timelordalex on April 22, 2014, 09:40:54 pm
Well we didn't want to outright say that people weren't allowed to post box maps etc because I suppose there are still people who like to play those. However, our solution was to only put the better maps into the Manager - the maps who showed obvious effort beyond a one-room map. It's very hard to draw a line sometimes because people can be easily offended if a map they did put a lot of effort into still does not meet the expectations of the community. So my hope was that people who didn't want to sift through boxmaps could just pay attention to the Manager maps and ignore the Releases section - but obviously not everyone wants to do that.

I tend to check releases often and most maps i download tend to be before they even appear on the manager and the majority of maps tend to be decent on here

Post Merge: April 22, 2014, 09:44:28 pm
Except the weapons, yes i know. And thats one of my biggest issues with the UGX mod. The weapons aren't balanced well enough or interesting enough for me to have a good experience with UGX modded maps. I often find myself just upgrading the AK47 and G36C and not touching the other weapons since their two of the most powerful weapons in the mod.

meh, would play a UGX mod map over a stock map anyday, there are plenty of stock maps out there if thats the experience people want, but when it comes to new maps it is time to move on utilizing features we now have.
Post by: tomikaze on April 22, 2014, 09:51:28 pm
HOW? HOW does this ONE map represent EVERYTHING thats wrong with the "custom community"?
He didn't say this one map IS everything that is wrong with the community, but merely that it represents the things that are wrong with the community.

Last time i checked, the so called "custom community" was crap WAY before this map was released. .
Then GTFO, seriously. Then maybe it would be a little less crap.

Some people actually want a pure, custom Call of Duty World at War experience, and not a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features. Not to say all maps are half assed, but many of them are.
PURE?! What the hell are you talking about. Because it's new it's less PURE than your freaking stupid idea of a stock map utopia. Seriously, I want to punch a hole through your stupid face.
Post by: daedra descent on April 22, 2014, 10:05:48 pm
He didn't say this one map IS everything that is wrong with the community, but merely that it represents the things that are wrong with the community.
Then GTFO, seriously. Then maybe it would be a little less crap.
PURE?! What the hell are you talking about. Because it's new it's less PURE than your freaking stupid idea of a stock map utopia. Seriously, I want to punch a hole through your stupid face.

Chill. I never said that i wanted some kind of stock map utopia, hell i enjoy a UGX, ZCT, or other modded maps from time to time. But when things like weapons not being balanced or features being broken, it really turns off from the experience for me and plenty of other people. There should be no reason why after playing a custom map, my screen has flame FX for no reason, or why i can't change my resolution because a custom map corrupted my save file.

And sir, if you hate me so bad that you want to physically hurt me because i speak my opinion, then you really need help. I ain't joking around either.
Post by: jjbradman on April 22, 2014, 11:29:43 pm
you cant say stock maps are balanced also, most people when playing cod stock maps were, like buy mp40 or tommygun, buy box, then get ppsh and mg or maybe the wunderwaff. then we have like 20 unused guns that no one liked because past the rounf 10 they are more than useless!!.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on April 22, 2014, 11:55:24 pm
Maybe we should just stop this argument right now :poker:

Post by: steviewonder87 on April 23, 2014, 12:05:54 am
While I totally agree stock maps are incredibly boring to me nowadays (there are about about 20 Treyarch maps with BO1 and BO2 weapons, and literally 1000s of maps with the stock WAW weaponry - that's why people are sick of them, that and the point JJ made that most people only use about 4-5 of the guns as the rest basically suck)...

The counterargument is also valid in that the majority of maps with ported guns are just completely half arsed, by that I mean missing/wrong sounds/textures, stats, anims, you name it, a lot of people don't even bother having a PAP camo - just more damage/PAP muzzle flash/change name - done  :D (Also, and no offence intended here, I'm not really a fan of the UGX COD4 weapons either) So I think most of us agree new features/guns ARE the way forward, just that people take a little more time and care when implementing them  ;D

The box map argument is for another time...
Post by: jjbradman on April 23, 2014, 12:21:19 am
but zombie community is evolving now a days, there people who also works on fixing guns.(like steviewonder xD) and im sure ugx mod v1.1 will have also newer guns fully functional. so there wont be a excuse for future maps to use stock weaponry if they dont know how to port weapons correctly lol
Post by: steviewonder87 on April 23, 2014, 12:22:47 am
Oh I agree UGX v.1.1 looks phenomenal  ;D
Post by: daedra descent on April 23, 2014, 09:57:43 am
you cant say stock maps are balanced also, most people when playing cod stock maps were, like buy mp40 or tommygun, buy box, then get ppsh and mg or maybe the wunderwaff. then we have like 20 unused guns that no one liked because past the rounf 10 they are more than useless!!.

They where intended that way. If all weapons where MP40 or thompson powerful from the start then you wouldn't be able to build up points and buy anything. Yes after a point their useless, but thats why you pap them.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on April 23, 2014, 11:48:37 am

Not even remotely surprised that is would be YOU who would chip in with his bit.

The reason this map is everything that is wrong with this community is that the map is not original. There is hundreds of these exact same maps on the scene. Why should we welcome or even play another one? They are made in less than a few hours and with one sole purpose in mind... to get it live streamed! There get buried in the forums never to be seen again because people have already played these type of maps to death.

Who am I? Who the hell are you! You rant more trash on here than anyone... abusing guys like ZK for his prison mission map, and now you jump in on this thread acting like the mappers attorney trying to slam me. This is my my opinion and I am entitled to it. If you want to make this a personal bash take it to PM or Skype.

I made it PERFECTLY clear in my post that I was not trying to offend the mapper, but had to make my point on the whole one room/box map situation. I want to see more originality in this scene, and if it means expressing my opinion to mappers then so be it.
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 23, 2014, 12:49:26 pm
OK I think we all get the point and I can see this heading off topic so lets just try to be nice :nyan:
Post by: SajeOne on April 23, 2014, 06:41:30 pm
Adding on to what zombiejelly said if one of you would like to start a topic specifically debating this topic then feel free as long as it's kept civil and within the bounds of site rules. But this topic isn't the place to debate box maps and modded maps.
Post by: P0tZ on April 23, 2014, 09:55:26 pm
errrrrr.....Boxey! :D
Post by: NascarFanatic24 on April 24, 2014, 02:49:06 pm
I agree with the topic of  box or one window challenge type of "Maps" are being overused due to lack of creativity. I am going to side with Death on this one. Please don't release these type of maps guys they are boring and have no re-playability facture to them. When you see nothing but those types of maps all the time then yes it is being way to overused.

Take this as feedback: Please spend more then 4+ hour on a map. Try to spend a more like a couple of weeks, months. Big time mapper don't earn fame by releasing a map in a couple of hours. They take the time to layout the map. Then they work on what they want to accomplish within the map.

*Please note may or not be misspells within this reply.
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 24, 2014, 03:55:37 pm
I agree with the topic of  box or one window challenge type of "Maps" are being overused due to lack of creativity. I am going to side with Death on this one. Please don't release these type of maps guys they are boring and have no re-playability facture to them. When you see nothing but those types of maps all the time then yes it is being way to overused.

Take this as feedback: Please spend more then 4+ hour on a map. Try to spend a more like a couple of weeks, months. Big time mapper don't earn fame by releasing a map in a couple of hours. They take the time to layout the map. Then they work on what they want to accomplish within the map.

*Please note may or not be misspells within this reply.

Like was said before, this topic is not to discuss the liking or disliking of a box map. If you want to discuss this please feel free to open up a new topic to debate about this like Saje said. Please no more replies on this thread about the subject. If it does not have anything to do directly with this map then its off topic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. ;D
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 24, 2014, 04:17:11 pm
That's the problem, I have asked around but no one has helped me with zoning or multiple room maps, so I got aggravated with multiple rooms and just released this one. I've watched videos. I've posted on forums, I've tried everything, I've even re-installed modtools twice, but none of the tut seen to help or do anything for me.
Post by: treminaor on April 24, 2014, 04:55:45 pm
That's the problem, I have asked around but no one has helped me with zoning or multiple room maps, so I got aggravated with multiple rooms and just released this one. I've watched videos.
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ultimate_Guide_to_Zones_in_v1.4_Maps (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ultimate_Guide_to_Zones_in_v1.4_Maps)
Post by: UNR34LxPyro on April 24, 2014, 04:58:43 pm
That is is exactaly what I needed thank you so much trem
Post by: P0tZ on April 24, 2014, 07:29:35 pm
WIN
 ;D
Post by: Zombiejelly on April 24, 2014, 08:03:05 pm
That is is exactaly what I needed thank you so much trem

Anytime you need any help with anything and cant find what you are looking for on the UGX wiki or all the other tutorials then by all means feel free to message me and if I cant help I am sure I can point you in the right direction

WIN
 ;D

Potz you are a man of few words with all your one word epicness :gusta:
Post by: landoberber on April 29, 2014, 07:35:13 pm
omg it says link how did dalek do it :derp:  :please:
Post by: atomictaco24 on April 29, 2014, 11:38:35 pm
Post by: timelordalex on April 30, 2014, 12:50:27 pm