UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Poll: What describes your thougths on "training" zombies in maps?

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by mala15

Poll

Question: Your thougths on how "training" zombies should be in maps?

Easy most of the time.
Challenging if you dont have the best weapons.
Challenging even with the best weapons.
Very difficult, ideally it should require good skills and some luck.
Training should be so difficult it almost can't be done.
Date Registered: 4 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Raatn
mala15's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mala15's Contact & Social Links
Hi,

Was wondering what people thought about "training" zombies in maps.

Personally I don't like it very much...I feel all the challenge and fun in a map can dissapear.
It can also become a bit repetative;)

Ofcourse a map can be very good with trainspots, but in general I feel this way.

Please vote and/or reply with thoughts.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
I don't mind training although I think it's a flawed AI mechanic. That's why I love Extinction from Ghosts the gameplay is all chaotic although it's a unpopular opinion.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
It just wouldn't be CoD Zombies without training, man! Yes, it is easier and yes, it can get pretty repetitive but it will always be my method of choice.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
I don't mind training although I think it's a flawed AI mechanic. That's why I love Extinction from Ghosts the gameplay is all chaotic although it's a unpopular opinion.

Yeah, seems a bit flawed to me too. Haven't played Extinction much but the more chaotic gameplay seeem apealing to me to.

It just wouldn't be CoD Zombies without training, man! Yes, it is easier and yes, it can get pretty repetitive but it will always be my method of choice.

Hehe maybe not;) I like the idea of being swarmed by zombies and trying to hold them back, something I don't get from training^^
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
Training is something that has been apart of zombies for so long, that if one took it out, players would get agitated to say the least. Personally, I feel that training shouldn't be as easy as finding the most wide open area and running circles. It should be difficult and have to make the players think about exactly what they are going to do, and how they are going to do it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
Training is something that has been apart of zombies for so long, that if one took it out, players would get agitated to say the least. Personally, I feel that training shouldn't be as easy as finding the most wide open area and running circles. It should be difficult and have to make the players think about exactly what they are going to do, and how they are going to do it.

hehe I'm currently working on making it hard to train in open areas too;) not removing it, but make it very challenging

from the votes it seems like people are split in what they like :)
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
More people (myself included) are leaning towards the hard/very hard side, which is surprising.

I've played a fair few maps where training was very hard, and these were among the maps that I enjoyed the most. I feel like training can be a very fun experience if the mapper took the time to find the trainable spots, and then added obstacles and spawns in said spot to make training more difficult.

A well-designed training area should be filled with debris and spawns, to keep it exciting and challenging.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
More people (myself included) are leaning towards the hard/very hard side, which is surprising.

I've played a fair few maps where training was very hard, and these were among the maps that I enjoyed the most. I feel like training can be a very fun experience if the mapper took the time to find the trainable spots, and then added obstacles and spawns in said spot to make training more difficult.

A well-designed training area should be filled with debris and spawns, to keep it exciting and challenging.

I feel the same...

I feel that Training should be more like an Ascension style mix with Die Rise style (Its fairly easy but can sometimes get difficult to not get caught on debris)

Like the Die Rise M16 wallbuy rooms, you have to get crafty with your training runs or you may have no where else to turn and will get caught, but like ascension's Launchpad, the area's big enough to still get a train moving.

I also feel that training should work difficult without the proper firepower as well.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

What I understand with "Training zombies": Me and my undead pals go to the gym 2-4 times a weak to improve and restore their rotten muscles. Because sometimes they lose their limbs during push ups and squats if they don't train enough. But you have to go easy on those guys, only got the job because they ate the last guy.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups

why do you feel its surprising?:)

The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
i think its fine as it is tbh, if you find training too easy then you dont have to do it, do something else
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I like repetitive :)

Which sadly, is a potential sign of autism lol
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I like repetitive :)

Which sadly, is a potential sign of autism lol
Or just plain old insanity. :)
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Mapper and Zombies Player
Signature
Long time custom zombies player
Nathiri's Groups
Nathiri's Contact & Social LinksSkemaj-Skorpio29blazehead
I went for Challenging if you dont have the best weapons, also was leaning towards the 2nd and 3rd choice.

Maps should make it difficult to train I think. Having it too easy takes away from the map. The mapper does need to find the right balance though with the difficulty using whatever means he has, for making it too hard can result in the map being unplayable or not being played. If there's the right balance of difficulty with whatever features are in the map, the map usually has alot of replay value.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

Loading ...