UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: mala15 on August 13, 2015, 11:20:51 pm

Title: Poll: What describes your thougths on "training" zombies in maps?
Post by: mala15 on August 13, 2015, 11:20:51 pm
Hi,

Was wondering what people thought about "training" zombies in maps.

Personally I don't like it very much...I feel all the challenge and fun in a map can dissapear.
It can also become a bit repetative;)

Ofcourse a map can be very good with trainspots, but in general I feel this way.

Please vote and/or reply with thoughts.
Title: Re: Poll: What describes your thougths on "training" zombies in maps?
Post by: SoulTaker on August 13, 2015, 11:34:39 pm
I don't mind training although I think it's a flawed AI mechanic. That's why I love Extinction from Ghosts the gameplay is all chaotic although it's a unpopular opinion.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 14, 2015, 03:43:31 am
It just wouldn't be CoD Zombies without training, man! Yes, it is easier and yes, it can get pretty repetitive but it will always be my method of choice.
Post by: mala15 on August 14, 2015, 09:07:09 am
I don't mind training although I think it's a flawed AI mechanic. That's why I love Extinction from Ghosts the gameplay is all chaotic although it's a unpopular opinion.

Yeah, seems a bit flawed to me too. Haven't played Extinction much but the more chaotic gameplay seeem apealing to me to.

It just wouldn't be CoD Zombies without training, man! Yes, it is easier and yes, it can get pretty repetitive but it will always be my method of choice.

Hehe maybe not;) I like the idea of being swarmed by zombies and trying to hold them back, something I don't get from training^^
Post by: mxtxm on August 14, 2015, 11:03:41 am
Training is something that has been apart of zombies for so long, that if one took it out, players would get agitated to say the least. Personally, I feel that training shouldn't be as easy as finding the most wide open area and running circles. It should be difficult and have to make the players think about exactly what they are going to do, and how they are going to do it.
Post by: mala15 on August 15, 2015, 12:28:04 pm
Training is something that has been apart of zombies for so long, that if one took it out, players would get agitated to say the least. Personally, I feel that training shouldn't be as easy as finding the most wide open area and running circles. It should be difficult and have to make the players think about exactly what they are going to do, and how they are going to do it.

hehe I'm currently working on making it hard to train in open areas too;) not removing it, but make it very challenging

from the votes it seems like people are split in what they like :)
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on August 15, 2015, 04:35:50 pm
More people (myself included) are leaning towards the hard/very hard side, which is surprising.

I've played a fair few maps where training was very hard, and these were among the maps that I enjoyed the most. I feel like training can be a very fun experience if the mapper took the time to find the trainable spots, and then added obstacles and spawns in said spot to make training more difficult.

A well-designed training area should be filled with debris and spawns, to keep it exciting and challenging.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 15, 2015, 04:38:47 pm
More people (myself included) are leaning towards the hard/very hard side, which is surprising.

I've played a fair few maps where training was very hard, and these were among the maps that I enjoyed the most. I feel like training can be a very fun experience if the mapper took the time to find the trainable spots, and then added obstacles and spawns in said spot to make training more difficult.

A well-designed training area should be filled with debris and spawns, to keep it exciting and challenging.

I feel the same...

I feel that Training should be more like an Ascension style mix with Die Rise style (Its fairly easy but can sometimes get difficult to not get caught on debris)

Like the Die Rise M16 wallbuy rooms, you have to get crafty with your training runs or you may have no where else to turn and will get caught, but like ascension's Launchpad, the area's big enough to still get a train moving.

I also feel that training should work difficult without the proper firepower as well.
Post by: KnivingCombat777 on August 16, 2015, 06:23:34 pm
What I understand with "Training zombies": Me and my undead pals go to the gym 2-4 times a weak to improve and restore their rotten muscles. Because sometimes they lose their limbs during push ups and squats if they don't train enough. But you have to go easy on those guys, only got the job because they ate the last guy.
Post by: mala15 on August 17, 2015, 01:36:44 pm

why do you feel its surprising?:)

Post by: timelordalex on August 18, 2015, 08:21:22 pm
i think its fine as it is tbh, if you find training too easy then you dont have to do it, do something else
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 18, 2015, 08:48:01 pm
I like repetitive :)

Which sadly, is a potential sign of autism lol
Post by: steviewonder87 on August 18, 2015, 08:57:39 pm

Or just plain old insanity. :)
Post by: Nathiri on August 18, 2015, 09:12:48 pm
I went for Challenging if you dont have the best weapons, also was leaning towards the 2nd and 3rd choice.

Maps should make it difficult to train I think. Having it too easy takes away from the map. The mapper does need to find the right balance though with the difficulty using whatever means he has, for making it too hard can result in the map being unplayable or not being played. If there's the right balance of difficulty with whatever features are in the map, the map usually has alot of replay value.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 18, 2015, 09:15:01 pm
Or just plain old insanity. :)
maybe ;)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on August 18, 2015, 09:28:40 pm

AHEM! What's so bad about autism?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on August 18, 2015, 09:39:00 pm
AHEM! What's so bad about autism?
did I say there is a "problem" with autism?