Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
To be honest, I don't think extreme rules are so effective. Restricting the forum also makes it worse. I'd say offensive and hateful people should be dealt with seriously, and derailment too, but at the same time, having the freedom to talk on the forum in always needed, and being respectful and friendly towards other members is a must. This way, the community will be a better place to visit.
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Yes, I was maybe a bit harsh earlier issuing you with a warning so quickly so my apologies for that one, but this is hardly the first time you have belittled a mapper in his own thread. That being said I absolutely agree with you that warnings should be handled in a professional manner and be written up in an offical way and PM'd to the user keeping it private. We will use this idea from now on in.

So you outright admit that the warning was harsh(uncalled for) and my supposed past offenses influenced your decision to give me a warning(bias) yet you won't repeal it.

Lol that's really what you got from this? A hugbox? It's your choice if you want to start hugging people, I'm not telling you to.

Not what i meant by 'hugbox'. I meant this:

A hugbox is a derogatory term for an environment, usually on the internet, in which a group with similar interests gathers to discuss topics in what they intend to be a safe, comforting, and confrontation-free environment.

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hugbox

There's more than one mod, and there's no such thing as a non biased person. Its unrealistic to expect us to do this perfectly but we're going to try our best.
So you admit that bias could *potentially* influence whether a warning or ban is given?  That mods/admins could pull a random rule out of the planes of nonexistence and issue a warning for something like telling someone how to cheat on a map simply because of bias. A rule that was never mentioned beforehand.
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:23:28 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
So you admit that bias could *potentially* influence whether a warning or ban is given?  That mods/admins could pull a random rule out of the planes of nonexistence and issue a warning for something like telling someone how to cheat on a map simply because of bias. A rule that was never mentioned beforehand.

Just cos its not directly in rules doesnt mean its against rules. Clearly mapper doesnt want people to cheat in his map, so you disrespected his choice by telling people how to modify his script to remove something he has added

Zen gave warning for a good reason, but he said that it was wrong for him to be harsh, which means he didnt pull off a new rule, but apologies how he went with giving warning about one
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Just cos its not directly in rules doesnt mean its against rules. Clearly mapper doesnt want people to cheat in his map, so you disrespected his choice by telling people how to modify his script to remove something he has added

By that logic a person asking a mapper to add or change a feature(in a nice way or not) that they put into a map would be considered not respecting their choice.

[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
To be honest, I don't think extreme rules are so effective. Restricting the forum also makes it worse. I'd say offensive and hateful people should be dealt with seriously, and derailment too, but at the same time, having the freedom to talk on the forum in always needed, and being respectful and friendly towards other members is a must. This way, the community will be a better place to visit.
Your post just outlined the rules explained in the first post of this topic... we want people to be respectful and friendly... people who are hateful will be dealt with seriously... doesn't sound very extreme to me so I'm not sure what you are saying is wrong here.

Not what i meant by 'hugbox'. I meant this:

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hugbox
Oh excuse me for not consulting urban dictionary for the definition of a term which sounded sarcastically made up. I don't think your definition changes my previous response.

So you admit that bias could *potentially* influence whether a warning or ban is given? 
This can't possibly be news to you.

That mods/admins could pull a random rule out of the planes of nonexistence and issue a warning for something like telling someone how to cheat on a map simply because of bias. A rule that was never mentioned beforehand.
One person's definition of respect may be different than yours. Zen admitted he was too harsh to you, just drop it and move on. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill, as usual.
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
I respect the rules for what they are. I follow the rules as people would expect me to bottom line is if you don't like this zero tolerance policy then don't visit ugx
Former UGX Co-Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder
Rule approved 8)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
So you outright admit that the warning was harsh(uncalled for) and my supposed past offenses influenced your decision to give me a warning(bias) yet you won't repeal it.

Uncalled for? No. You blatently went against the mappers wishes by pointing out how to remove the anti-cheat system put in place by the mapper. It was ignorant and arrogant. I am only admitting I was harsh to issue you the one and only warning you would be given without first pointing out your error, despite you obviously knowing what you were doing when you did it.

As for your past offenses, there is no "supposed" about them. You history on UGX has been colorful. I will not bother listing some of them but you know fine well that you have been trouble on this forum on many occasions, as for the bias you can consider that to have been in your favour rather than against considering you are still a user on this site despite the previously mentioned history you have built up.

Don't play the victim here. Listen to Trem and just accept the apology.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Rule approved 8)
Oh W1NG3D commented in a topic, everybody make a wish!  :D
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:02:30 am by KDXDARK
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
UndeadGaming's Contact & Social LinksHardCoreHDCoreHD
Guys Guys Guys.I do not understand this feedback its not like its the end of the world here i out of all people  :troll: respect this rule in many ways and it stops savages like this happening to a user on this forum for example steviewonder87. As trem said u can express Ur feelings in a mature manor but don't go overboard.overboard. Dont start hating.I am sure that trem has good enough explanation for adding the new rule so what is there to complain about that? All i can see here is trem and the ugx staff are trying to make the forum a less violent and aggressive place.Plus its not gonna affect people in a major way its just telling those who needed to be told to quiet down a bit and respect the staff and members of this board
Date Registered: 18 November 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I don't Kill Zombies, I embarrass them...
Signature
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Donkey22's Groups
Completely on board with these rules and the zero tolerance policy. Save the Drama for High School guys...
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I love how its the same typical people, making the same completely irrational typical arguments on a topic created solely to try to make things "better", and before even giving it a chance...

Just makes me think of cartman on that episode of south park

Spoiler: click to open...
F*&k, i do what i want!

This is in no way going to "restrict" what people do here, just stop the hate and insults... If to be "unrestricted" we have to allow people to be as cruel and negative as they please, then i dont really see the need to have moderators "at all". This is infact - not a battle field, or a "enter at your own risk" environment and "its the internet" changes nothing ( I deal with this retarded logic on a regular basis at work with "the customers always right" meaning they can just "decide" whats correct or incorrect, regardless of the facts ), and certain people need to start remembering that

If businesses and debates can be run successfully without this nasty-ness, so can a forum. Hell debates on Racism and Feminism turn out more controlled than some events ive seen here ( like people thinking they have the right to "review" everything, and actually believe they are "helping" the mapper? If the mapper wanted your review, he would ask, and a negative review "on his topic", is the furthest thing from helpful. If you wanted to help, you would PM, or at least post it somewhere other than the release topic... a bug mention - sure, a 1/100 review... just no... ) The fact we are on the internet is irrelevent, and that very argument is the reason people are reguarly being arrested now for the vile abuse they post online, for example, a recent incident with a MP in the UK, recieving rape threats. Just sayin "its the internet deal with it" is not going to work, some people even kill themselves when it gets that bad...

No person can be completely unbiased, thats why we are a team. Therefore anything can always be discussed again, and decisions reviewed. But at the time, you guys need to learn that when your told to stop, you need to stop

Ill withstand the rest of what I would like to say, in support of this new, completely fair, and completely deserved rule and desperately hope certain people will at least give it a chance rather than come immediatly dump all over it and point out every possible "what if" scenario. How about actually giving it a chance first? You may be surprised
Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:53:57 pm by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
By that logic a person asking a mapper to add or change a feature(in a nice way or not) that they put into a map would be considered not respecting their choice.

But see thats not what happened they asked the OP how too change it, and "YOU" not the original uploader, added the way too cheat. The OP made the map specifically too not allow cheating, but "YOU" openly posted how too remove that, too the release thread. If i were the OP i would hve been pretty annoyed. A PM would have been just as effective and you probably wouldn't have gotten that warning in the first place. And if the guy can't receive or send PM's yet then don't post it at all.

oh and back on topic i like this new rule. though i do tend too go full retard on accasion ill try abide by these rules when i can.
Date Registered: 18 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Limits like fear are often an illusion.
Signature
freefire1990's Groups
well, finally i would say
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
lukkie litterally warned and then deleted out of map spot i found in a contest map, hope this wont affect the judging process but sharing light on cuple issues in the mapping for a mapping contest is not forbidden i hope or atleast providing information is not ALWAYS constructive criticism however it needs to be done otherwise every map will be broken or ripped off from some place i hope me sharing this personal opinion on the subject is critique enough otherwise this is my last pm rip everyone <3

i will stop typing in forums entirely from now on and the updates for my coming maps will remain IMAGES only so lukkie wont follow me around waiting for smalles misstep now that he took 3 seconds of his day pm me the warning about me linking a "let me google that for you" for darklegion after he linked let me google that for you
Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:47:13 pm by lukkie1998

Loading ...