More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
VR Enthusiast
SparkyMcSparks's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Thought I'd finally post this since people see me on Steam using the mod tools and have been asking a lot, figured it'd be good to have some transparency to see if anyone has ideas or feedback for the mod while it's being worked on.

What It Is
A linear experience that is more about getting from point A to point B with Nazi Zombies slowing you down. Think of Extinction, but instead of forcefully making players stop every couple feet to defend it'll all be randomly generated in real-time by script constantly polling to see how players are doing and what to throw at them in terms of Zombies.

What It Isn't
This isn't a game type like Objectives game mode that is layered on top of the regular Classic game type, this mod is fully catered to bringing a similar experience you get from Call of Duty singleplayer levels but with a Zombie twist.

Who's Working On It
Just me and DidUKnowIPwn are scripting. We have a map donated by Zeroy (MP_Argentan_Night) that we are using. Currently this seems to be a good size team since we're just focusing on getting the mod to a playable state.

Features
We don't want to lock ourselves into features that don't work or aren't fun, this is an iterative process and will take time to see what works and doesn't work. But for now...

* Zombies spawn dynamically at random spots as you play every time.
* Intensity ramps up dynamically depending on how bad or good you are doing.
* Vignettes to help tell a story for each level.

How Can I Get Updates?
Either this thread or visit / subscribe to my Twitch where I'll regularly try to stream development (although most of the time it may be uneventful until we get something more playable up and running): http://www.twitch.tv/sparkymcsparks

I have ideas / suggestions, where can I get them to you guys?
Please post ideas here with your username for tracking: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9fMLZXcnrqGrBEBjDQIBhCLb4zejD8RFZsj4Iggcro/edit?usp=sharing

Can You Make A Map For It?
Yes! While the mod isn't currently released, you can still start working on a map for it if you like.

Design a map that is linear, don't worry about doors / gates / scripted events as those are influx -- it shouldn't be stopping you from laying out a map.

Right now we're trying to keep it very modular. At the very least, to get the mod working in your map all you'd have to do is add a line of script_structs from beginning to end. The mod takes care of the rest in populating your map based on players getting from beginning to the end, and using path nodes to dynamically drop in zombies.

Here is the layout for ZM Argentan:
Green Lines == Various routes to take
Red Lines == Script_Structs which allow the mod to run on your map.
Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:24:39 pm by SparkyMcSparks
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Wow sounds awesome! Definitely would love to use this in my maps
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Interesting.

How do you make sure the level will last long enough?
Will there be dynamic blockers / random events ?

Would it be possible to extend / add own modules to this framework?

Campaign, does it mean mappers can make a bridge from map A to B ( reuse loadout from last map ) or unlock anything from A to B ?

Can't wait for an alpha to test <3
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
looks  good  8)
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Sounds awesome! I am interested in how you would prevent players from just running from one side to another though, like deadra said. But it's a very nice idea! Can't wait to see some ingame action!!
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
+1 respect for you :rainbow:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Yea, it seems like you'd have to have zombies that are faster than players in order to keep you from just running past them and if you do that then you will need to allow players to take more than a few hits AND no objective? I think I've played this game already...um...oh yea it's called L4D.
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
So this is like Zombies meets Left 4 Dead? AWESOME!!!
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Yea, it seems like you'd have to have zombies that are faster than players in order to keep you from just running past them and if you do that then you will need to allow players to take more than a few hits AND no objective? I think I've played this game already...um...oh yea it's called L4D.

I suggested adding powerups like zombies but you can get things like gun attachments, sights, ammo, ETC and objectives but he doesn't seem to be for either.
Date Registered: 19 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
GrantDaddy007's Contact & Social LinksGrantDaddyGrantdaddy007
Nice! Can't wait!
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I suggested adding powerups like zombies but you can get things like gun attachments, sights, ammo, ETC and objectives but he doesn't seem to be for either.
We're thinking of not doing powerups at all, but hey if you can persuade us by all means go ahead :P

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 07:29:30 pm
Sounds awesome! I am interested in how you would prevent players from just running from one side to another though, like deadra said. But it's a very nice idea! Can't wait to see some ingame action!!
At the moment we're looking into various events that occur when a player reaches a point in the map, so something like in the beginning we might have some player take time to find parts scattered in the first area in order to move the debris. (Won't be an easy challenge :P)
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:29:30 pm by DidUknowiPwn
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
We're thinking of not doing powerups at all, but hey if you can persuade us by all means go ahead :P

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 07:29:30 pm
At the moment we're looking into various events that occur when a player reaches a point in the map, so something like in the beginning we might have some player take time to find parts scattered in the first area in order to move the debris. (Won't be an easy challenge :P)
you can do extinction type thing where u got to protect something, kill a boss, or have a blocker fall
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Players must locate a mobile crane and take it across map to demolish a giant wall keeping them in this portion of the city. After finding the mobile crane players must defend it and yourselves from zombie attack. Zombies will attack it from all sides including zombies dropping down on it from overpasses or jumping out the windows of highrise buildings onto it. On your way to the wall the crane stalls and realize that there has been a leak in the gas tank and now they are stranded. Players must look for parts to repair the tank and gas to refuel the vehicle. Later players realize that in its current state they won't be able to make it through the increasing # of zombie attacks and that they need to find better defenses that could be attached to the vehicle itself. They finally make it to the wall and must use the wrecking ball on the crane to destroy the wall and escape that area, all while taking out large #s of zombies in epic grand finale like fashion.

Step 1: Find the Mobile Crane
Step 2: Repair the Crane
Step 3: Upgrade Crane
Step 4: Destroy the Wall
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
haxman123's Contact & Social Links
This is an epic idea :D Also may i add why have you got captain price as your profile pic when you work for treyarch? :D

Loading ...