UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Poll: Should the Custom Map Ideas section be removed?

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Koan

Poll

Question: Should the Custom Map Ideas section be removed?

Yes, remove it
Yes, remove it, but replace it with a section where users can ask for collaboration on their projects or something
No, keep it, but remove topics that only list guns etc.
No, keep it, just ignore the posts
No, keep it
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I figured I'd make a poll so we can see just how we all feel about the section, since many people on the forum and in chat have expressed their contempt for it. Obviously not binding, the results can simply exist for the UGX team to ponder over.

Vote away!
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
lol yes...
Date Registered: 4 June 2016
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Screiße's Groups
Screiße's Contact & Social LinksspeedweIISpace_Coremissing fx
It should be. Everybody just wants new guns with remake maps( me too lmao).
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
make 2

a custom "mod" section, and a custom map section

then we can tell the dumbass i want X gun people to post in the right section
Date Registered: 4 June 2016
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Screiße's Groups
Screiße's Contact & Social LinksspeedweIISpace_Coremissing fx
make 2

^this
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I want to keep the custom map ideas section, but I'd like it if we added like a "format" to it for posting. This would at least encourage people to fill in blank spaces that say stuff like "Story" and "Map Description." Maybe all of the blanks have to be filled before you can post too. There are some great, well-thought out ideas out there but then we get stuff from people like connor and...  :please:
Spoiler: click to open...
:troll:
It would make sorting out the idiots at least a little faster and then it might encourage them to actually read it. Even put in basic responses like showing that there's a limit to the number of weapons and general sizes of maps.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think that if people have a section where they can speak their minds and get ideas out there that they have in their heads that it makes them feel like they are a part of the community even if they don't have much else to contribute. I see no harm in having the section and if you don't like it you can just ignore its existence.
Just my thoughts; the powers that be are welcome to do what they want and I will not complain either way.

But yes, posts that are just weapons lists are uncalled for and are probably just trolls.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:28:05 pm by tomikaze
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
needs a rule

"not for remake ideas - this is the CUSTOM MAP ideas section"

"not for listing loadouts - this is the CUSTOM MAP ideas section"

"not for listing impossible boss ideas - this is the CUSTOM MAP ideas section"
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:28:13 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
I think that if people have a section where they can speak their minds and get ideas out there that they have in their heads that it makes them feel like they are a part of the community even if they don't have much else to contribute. I see no harm in having the section and if you don't like it you can just ignore its existence.
Just my thoughts; the powers that be are welcome to do what they want and I will not complain either way.

But yes, posts that are just weapons lists are uncalled for and are probably just trolls.

Why do I always mistake you for DD?! (insert mad face emoticon, since I can't find one.)

Anyway, I agree with tom. If you just don't like the post, then you can simply ignore it. Deleting the section will probably increase the pressure on other sections, like WIPs, releases, with people asking can you make a this and that. Or maybe through unwanted pms to mappers. I'd say, the section is harmless, and deleting it isn't so beneficial.

Of coarse, site moderators and admins can do as they please, I'm just inclined to my opinion, that's all.

Edit: Maybe try adding some rules for what to be written, just like map reviews.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:38:22 pm by Ramiabdh
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website

Personally I think it should be about giving ideas for people to be creative, and providing sources of inspiration for the whole community, and posts that don't do that should be removed, but that's not something mods can police. I made the poll so we could all see what the general consensus is.

Maybe we should lead by example instead, posting a shit-ton of great sources of inspiration so first-time posters get an idea of the kind of content expected there.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I want to keep the custom map ideas section, but I'd like it if we added like a "format" to it for posting. This would at least encourage people to fill in blank spaces that say stuff like "Story" and "Map Description." Maybe all of the blanks have to be filled before you can post too. There are some great, well-thought out ideas out there but then we get stuff from people like connor and... :please:
:troll:

It would make sorting out the idiots at least a little faster and then it might encourage them to actually read it. Even put in basic responses like showing that there's a limit to the number of weapons and general sizes of maps.
Jokes aside He's right. There should atleast be 2 forums with a quick mod (for newer-1st posters) and Detailed posts for More veteran posters and unlocks for posters when they have more than 100-150 posts
make 2

Same
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:51:43 pm by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
I just think it needs more moderation. Posts that are just lists, or are ridiculously long and elaborate, should be deleted by mods. Although, and I've said it before in multiple threads, I think the whole site needs tougher moderation and this would just be part of it. I mean I like the mods we have now, I just think it should be site policy to enforce stricter rules.

Introducing a list of necessary queries to be filled out when making a post (as someone suggested above) would also be a massive improvement, especially with a MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM character limit.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:47:51 pm by ShotgunRagtime
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I just think it needs more moderation. Posts that are just lists, or are ridiculously long and elaborate, should be deleted by mods. Although, and I've said it before in multiple threads, I think the whole site needs tougher moderation and this would just be part of it. I mean I like the mods we have now, I just think it should be site policy to enforce stricter rules.

Introducing a list of necessary queries to be filled out when making a post (as someone suggested above) would also be a massive improvement, especially with a MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM character limit.
We already have a zero-tolerance policy? Are we gonna go negative now? Also, I vote against a maximum character limit because, if someone reaches the maximum character limit, then they most likely have more to say which provides more details to anyone that might take up the project. I mean, I don't read Smith or connor's posts, but I certainly appreciate the lengths of detail they go into to show that they at least care about their ideas.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
We already have a zero-tolerance policy? Are we gonna go negative now? Also, I vote against a maximum character limit because, if someone reaches the maximum character limit, then they most likely have more to say which provides more details to anyone that might take up the project. I mean, I don't read Smith or connor's posts, but I certainly appreciate the lengths of detail they go into to show that they at least care about their ideas.

It usually takes me weeks (rarely months) to propose these Ideas, Thanks. :D
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
I really like this section because some really cool maps have sparked from it and this gives non-mappers a chance to get more involved. But I do agree, a lot of the ideas and requests are trash. No worries :)

Loading ...