UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Poll: Should the Custom Map Ideas section be removed?

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Koan

Poll

Question: Should the Custom Map Ideas section be removed?

Yes, remove it
Yes, remove it, but replace it with a section where users can ask for collaboration on their projects or something
No, keep it, but remove topics that only list guns etc.
No, keep it, just ignore the posts
No, keep it
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I really like this section because some really cool maps have sparked from it

Can you please name one? I'm struggling.

And the Tranzit 2.0 one doesn't count. :please:
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117

I thought you'd never ask (insert creepy smile)

Ironhide space tether (My personal favorite Idea)
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10251.msg113416.html#msg113416

Die ruckkehr der nacht der untoten
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7147.msg77460.html#msg77460

NASA Cape Canaveral
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6854.msg74417.html#msg74417

Halo 3 Crowsnest
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6424.msg70211.html#msg70211
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Connor sure showed you! I bet none of these maps will be trendy and have NSZ weapons when they come out  :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:
I hope not. Those weapons are shit. Even rorke has done better than tha--- oh, hi nate.
Spoiler: click to open...
:troll:
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

@Uk_ViiPeR knows one :troll:
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I thought you'd never ask (insert creepy smile)

Ironhide space tether (My personal favorite Idea)
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10251.msg113416.html#msg113416

Die ruckkehr der nacht der untoten
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7147.msg77460.html#msg77460

NASA Cape Canaveral
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6854.msg74417.html#msg74417

Halo 3 Crowsnest
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6424.msg70211.html#msg70211

He asked for maps that were sparked from the section, not your shabby ideas. :please:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

i was bout to say that exact same answer

Nothing good has spawned from here - it is "just" a verbal diarrhoea dumping ground
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
He asked for maps that were sparked from the section, not your shabby ideas. :please:

Hey now these ideas don't just pop out willy nilly -

It usually takes me weeks (rarely months) to propose these Ideas, Thanks. :D

That's more time than a lot of actual maps take.

I mean pure inspiration like this - - can take months to produce...
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Here's an easy solution. If you don't like the sub-section, don't read the posts. It always seems to be the same users who reply to posts in it that also don't want it anymore, and for the most part the replies are just rude and arrogant.

Who cares if people post wild ideas or remake ideas? Some of these users are new members who are not fully aware of the technical limitations and I don't think it's fair for the same few users to instantly reply to their threads with abusive comments designed to mock these users.

Terrible idea = Ignore thread

Good idea = Post something encouraging

Either way the section is not causing any actual harm so I don't understand the need for this poll. Personally I am all for keeping it as it's a good outlet for new users to try and contribute with ideas, even if they're not very good or technically possible. Again, those who overinflated ego's can simply ignore the sub and pretend it doesn't exist.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
It's tantamount to "spam" I think is why it annoys us

We have to follow the rules in other sections, why should that one be any different just coz a majority of those who post there don't think or investigate

Sticky post - clearly explaining what sort of content is desired in that section - means they have no excuse

And a second section for "mod" ideas to seperate the crap from the "actual" map ideas - would prob lead to people "actually" reading them and not assuming it's the "usual spam" - which in turn will lead to it actually being a "valuable and useful" section

We can't just "ignore" everything - to some extent you guys should do something about it too
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
We can't just "ignore" everything - to some extent you guys should do something about it too

Yes, you can or at the very least if you or anyone else reads the posts and decides they're stupid or impossible then if you(s) feel the need to comment do so constructively. This seems to be an impossible task for some though.

I do like the idea of a stickied post laying out some ground rules though and a separate section for custom mod ideas also sounds good.  Either way the section should stay. As said earlier, it's a good outlet for newcomers to throw some suggestions even if they're silly. It's down to the more experienced members to explain why an idea is good, bad or simply impossible.
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:45:02 pm by DeathBringerZen
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I wouldn't go that far, very very rarely a idea has come about there and a skilled mapper or team has made it happen

But to that effect it's like 1 in a million

My main point is that "one in a million" will be completely "ignored" by us - those who are capable of making it happen" because we are now expecting nothing but utter shit to be in there

Ignoring the section entirely imo might aswell just remove it then, coz the ones who can make it happen are the ones talking about this issue ( and look at the poll )
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I go that far. The map ideas are like books and arent worth reading. I may get 5 sentences in before I quit reading :lol:

That's a terrible analogy :please: I would say the map ideas are more like your first crushes as a young teenager.

You catch a glance at the hottest girl in your school (you see Leviathan gameplay on youtube), and then become infatuated with her, thinking about all the things you could enjoy together.

Then you realise she's not the only hot girl (there are other great maps!), and so begins your horny teenager phase in which you become so obsessed with the hot girls that you start staring at them in class (lurking the forums), trying to catch a glance of the goddess.

Eventually your testosterone gets the better of you and you decide to take a leap of faith - you ask one of them on a date (suggest an idea). You're just an awkward nerd so you never had a chance, so it goes one of two ways: either she lets you down easy ("sorry man this isn't really possible with engine limits") or she spits laughter in your face and announces your pathetic attempt to the whole school ("are you fucking serious with these weapon mod fantasies connor?").

Either way you are crushed and you spend the remainder of your lonely, pathetic school life thinking all hot girls are cunts (thinking forums don't like any new users), without realising the bigger issue - you can't take care of a beautiful girl if you can't even take care of yourself first (you can't be the source of great ideas until you learn to bring those ideas to life yourself).

Whew, got carried away there, totally not speaking from experience. Fuck you Rachel you shallow bitch
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
That's a terrible analogy :please: I would say the map ideas are more like your first crushes as a young teenager.

You catch a glance at the hottest girl in your school (you see Leviathan gameplay on youtube), and then become infatuated with her, thinking about all the things you could enjoy together.

Then you realise she's not the only hot girl (there are other great maps!), and so begins your horny teenager phase in which you become so obsessed with the hot girls that you start staring at them in class (lurking the forums), trying to catch a glance of the goddess.

Eventually your testosterone gets the better of you and you decide to take a leap of faith - you ask one of them on a date (suggest an idea). You're just an awkward nerd so you never had a chance, so it goes one of two ways: either she lets you down easy ("sorry man this isn't really possible with engine limits") or she spits laughter in your face and announces your pathetic attempt to the whole school ("are you fucking serious with these weapon mod fantasies connor?").

Either way you are crushed and you spend the remainder of your lonely, pathetic school life thinking all hot girls are cunts (thinking forums don't like any new users), without realising the bigger issue - you can't take care of a beautiful girl if you can't even take care of yourself first (you can't be the source of great ideas until you learn to bring those ideas to life yourself).

Whew, got carried away there, totally not speaking from experience. Fuck you Rachel you shallow bitch

+1 ;D
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Everything you said was like rainbows coming out of Ron Jeremy's pants. Ok, so I'm not good with analogies either, but what you said was spot on.

Loading ...