Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hey Everyone,

First off, thanks to everyone for making our first Map Contest a huge success, and congratulations again to all the winners.  We received over 18 unique maps that were created in a short period of time, and I know that our viewers thoroughly enjoyed them all.

We are currently considering starting another contest for 2015, with a different theme, and potentially more and bigger prizes. 

The deadline for map submissions would be July 31, 2015, with map coverage on our YouTube channel starting mid-August.  The theme would be Movies (old or new, doesn't matter). This would give map makers about 6 months to create a map, which is more than enough time for new and experienced map makers.

However, before we seriously consider starting this contest, there would be a few rules that would be non-negotiable due to issues we came across with the Christmas Contest. 

Everyone needs to understand that our ability to fund these contests is contingent on our ability to properly record and upload resulting videos on our YouTube channel, YouAlwaysWin.  The decision to post the Christmas maps as a single hour+ long video was a huge waste of their potential exposure and put strain on our work flow. This was only done due to complaints about not getting the maps out before Christmas.

Should we decide to proceed with a New contest, the following rules will be applied and are NON-negotiable. First, videos covering the maps will be uploaded in 20-30 min episodes, which will result in most maps being split into 2-3 videos, uploaded at 1 video per day.  If we received more map submissions than the Christmas contest, that would potentially mean the videos would be uploaded over a period of 2-3 months.

Same rules would apply as before, namely, map makers would not be allowed to release the maps to the public until we have released the video on our channel, which would mean that your map may not be potentially released to the public until November+.

The winners would be announced near the end of the year in order to ensure all maps have been uploaded.

Keep in mind, participation is voluntary and since we are putting our own money $$$ up for the prizes, our rules will be non-negotiable.

At this time, I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating in a 2015 YouAlwaysWin Map Contest.

I look forward to hearing back from prospective map makers here in the community.

Cheers,

Niels (aka GUNNS4HIRE)

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :-\
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
Already another contest

I'm guessing you have to use ugx mod to enter
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Which came first, The chicken or the egg?
Signature
Check out my Custom Zombies Channel
 P0tZ YaT00000bin'
And also over at twitch
 P0tZ Twitchin'
P0tZ's Groups
P0tZ's Contact & Social Linkslive:p0tz-ukp0tzP0tZP0tZUKP0tZ001p0tzukp0tz001
I would expect a lot of interest Gunns, Its clear the 1st was a success in my opinion so i would expect a lot more to participate in this one.
And it would be a great theme holding very little restrictions. I mean there is a film for all sorts of scenarios nowadays.
Glad to see you continuing to run with this Gunns, the community thanks you!
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :/
Maybe you could reconsider the need for the UGX mod in this comp. so mappers can continue to work on their non UGX, non competition maps without worrying about conflicting errors between the UGX/non UGX maps.

Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
I would love to enter this time, its just I dont want to use the ugx mod, it screws up so much stuff and changes everything you already know how to edit  :-\
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
P0tZ's Groups
Or maybe even make the UGX mod down to the mapper himself. If they want to use it then so be it.
Location: gbEurasian Plate, The Crust, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way
Date Registered: 4 November 2014
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Mod Tools Tutorial Creator YouTube.com/IceGrenade
Signature
YouTuber Call of Duty Mod Tools Tutorial Creator on YouTube.com/IceGrenade
IceGrenade's Groups
I'd love to take part in this! ^^
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Well its awesome, because on this i can have more time to work on my map and not only work on weekends :D

But the problem if we dont use UGX mod, a lot of people going to use "broken" weapons on their maps, also a lot of people dont know how to port weapons from others COD(i only know how to port cod4 weapons :D ) Also most maps going to have AW weapons and maybe BO weapons. Quote from the 1st contest:
The reasoning behind this requirement is to focus the contest on the mapping and design rather than weapon porting. If everyone starts with the same mod base then they are on a level playing field, enables mappers without weapon porting skills to have a solid foundation, and allows mappers to spend the majority of their time on other aspects of their map. This is a mapping contest, not a mod contest.
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
Well its awesome, because on this i can have more time to work on my map and not only work on weekends :D

But the problem if we dont use UGX mod, a lot of people going to use "broken" weapons on their maps, also a lot of people dont know how to port weapons from others COD(i only know how to port cod4 weapons :D ) Also most maps going to have AW weapons and maybe BO weapons. Quote from the 1st contest:

well we would have 6 months which should give people plenty enough time to learn, port, and map, and if they have broken weapons it just makes it easier to choose a winner :P
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
well we would have 6 months which should give people plenty enough time to learn, port, and map, and if they have broken weapons it just makes it easier to choose a winner :P
I just going to use cod 4 weapons because they are the best :D
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Well what's the difference between everyone starting with stock weapons and then changing them if they want, or everyone starting with UGX weapons and changing them if they want?

If people don't know how to port guns well, then surely that's their problem? If someone doesn't know how to script, is it then fair to say 'people can't add custom scripts because some people can't script'? Or if someone can't map well, do you prevent good mappers from mapping because it's 'not fair'? Mapping, scripting and porting guns is all part of making a map IMO, if you don't know how to do one of these things, then find someone who does and team up, if not then that's on you. Just my 2 cents.
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Well, i am interested. I understand the rules, have no problem with them. And like chroma said, in 6 months there is plenty of time to learn everything :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
P0tZ's Groups
Well what's the difference between everyone starting with stock weapons and then changing them if they want, or everyone starting with UGX weapons and changing them if they want?

If people don't know how to port guns well, then surely that's their problem? If someone doesn't know how to script, is it then fair to say 'people can't add custom scripts because some people can't script'? Or if someone can't map well, do you prevent good mappers from mapping because it's 'not fair'? Mapping, scripting and porting guns is all part of making a map IMO, if you don't know how to do one of these things, then find someone who does and team up, if not then that's on you. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with Stevie, there is plenty of time to learn this with the time frame as well as lots of people in the community that you can team up with to overcome certain problems.
Guns are just part of the whole thing.
And like last time, break down the judging categories.
Last month people had a month to create so it was understandable you all used the same weapon set. But with 6 months to work on it, I think you should set them free to create it as & how they desire!
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Sounds awesome! I'd definitely participate and with 6 months to work on a map that would be perfect. I have to agree with others above though about not forcing the UGX mod. Don't get me wrong I love the mod but it's a huge pain working around its limits.
Date Registered: 9 May 2014
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
GTTClan's Groups
Please No UGX MOD! It is extremely difficult to work with it and it gives a lot of problems.
I left the Christmas Contest MAINLY because of the UGX MOD not working properly. Also because I didn't have enough time but mostly because of the mod.
I'd really like to enter this contest because it would be fun making a movie map and with 6 months ahead of us, we can really work on these maps without having to rush it. The only thing that would be an issue is boredom. As good as it is to give us 6 months, a lot of us wouldn't want to work on the same map with the same ideas for that long.

If this contest goes up, I'm taking the idea to make multiple movies in one since I honestly wouldn't be able to work on just one idea. Meat's map is different since I'm currently adding all kinds of crazyness into it but Smile.JPG is currently getting boring.

Thanks Gunns, for the opportunity and most of us we'll take it if it doesn't include the UGX MOD.

-GTTClan

Loading ...