Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I honestly was just EXTREMELY curious because we all know bwc(some numbers here)'s obsession with purple so I googled something real quick. Purple People Eaters was a film :D.

I was also thinking about a old movie called "the color purple".
broken avatar :(
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
Id love to compete alredy got a movie picked(prolly one of the obviouse choices)
Date Registered: 8 June 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
sevengpluke's Contact & Social Linksdalukesevengplukesevengplukesevengplukesevengpluke
I would be interested in participating, but i think 6 months is a bit overkill. I think 4 months would be better, but we don't make the rules and should be thankful that u are considering in making another contest possible.

I agree with his opinion on the time frame. Also does TVshow movies count? And by that I mean 30min specials to shows normally 15min :troll:
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Spoiler: click to open...
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.

So for example when the maps should run ugx mod 1.1 and there were more people to rate the maps (let us say Gunns & Meaty, and the UGX-team (about 10 persons for example)) the contest would come closer to "fair" and you would more likely participate? :)
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Mapper - Fracture Studios
Signature
SirJammy's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
SirJammy's Contact & Social Linksjamiecallow2jamboii12SirJammyMrCraftingDude
I would honestly love to join but the timing of this contest hates me :(, I started a big project directly after the Christmas competition thinking that that would be it for a year or so but to my surprise another competition crops up a few months later :p. I don't think I can put another project on hold because it always leads to them not getting released.  Good luck to everyone else I guess ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
MechromancerX's Groups
Maybe you can make a poll to see who is interested or not?
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.

Jeez dude, a simple "not interested" would have sufficed.
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Jeez dude, a simple "not interested" would have sufficed.
My bad, I thought you might be interested to know why I, and some others, don't want to participate in your script making contest.
Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:48:24 am by ConvictioNDR
Date Registered: 24 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I did not come to create a map, I came to beat the sh*t out of yours!
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script.

I don't see this as a bad idea at all. Takes it back to the basics. Don't get me wrong I love me a map with a good easter egg and loads of custom stuff as well.

Now I don't mean every contest should be held in this manner. It would be nice to see what maps people come out with given those guidelines.

Except for maybe just replacing that sorry A** w@w jug  ::)

Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:05:43 pm by x_xMayheMx_x
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
GUNNS4HIRE makes the contest...
GUNNS4HIRE makes the rules...

with 20ish submissions over period of 2 months the last time i think 4 months (twice the time would be great for a contest)
great maps could takes half year to finish but it feels a bit to long i bet there will be 40 submissions atleast plus x3 episodes thats 120 videos if contest is 4 months of pure zombies alone for the channel, hold 3 contest 4 moths each there will be potentially 360 videos a year. 1 per day!!! what do you guys think? :)
Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:52:25 pm by RadimaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
MechromancerX's Groups
My bad, I thought you might be interested to know why I, and some others, don't want to participate in your script making contest. But I guess not as seeing from this post the only thing on your mind was exposure and money. I don't really care about your YouTube channel, by all means maximize your exposure and views as it's your job, but what was the point in this post if you don't care what is keeping people from participating? I thought this was an inquiry, not an "Okay, this is how it's going to be. Who's in?" post?

You would be very stupid if you don't maximize profit, even you would do that if you had a channel like that.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do.
"Crowded"... there's a loaded word if I've ever heard one.

Trying to have a map contest without involving scripting is like trying to bake a cake without any filling. Sure the cake can look amazing but if it tastes like shit there's no point in eating it.

If scripting is the main thing holding you back on the contest then either learn it or find a friend who will like the rest of the participants. Don't complain that the contest isn't on your level, rise to the level of the contest. Or don't participate at all. But simply complaining is not doing any good.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
also half-year is plenty of time to learn about scripting or finding a friend to make a map with to submit if you really are so dedicated to participate hehe :)
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
fatboypro's Groups
fatboypro's Contact & Social Links
Movies will be an interesting topic but it would be interesting if you expanded the topic to remakes. when I say remakes i don't mean remakes of 3arc maps i mean remakes from anywhere like games, movies books, or remakes of stuff in real life.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
But I guess not as seeing from this post the only thing on your mind was exposure and money. I don't really care about your YouTube channel
What's the matter with you ConvictioNDR? You've released several good maps in the past who's quality & fun factor could have given the top 3 maps in this Christmas contest a run for their money. I'm about one more complaint from you away from giving you my Daedra Descent treatment...and man you don't want that.

Loading ...