My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Please No UGX MOD! It is extremely difficult to work with it and it gives a lot of problems.
I left the Christmas Contest MAINLY because of the UGX MOD not working properly. Also because I didn't have enough time but mostly because of the mod.
-GTTClan

Allthough i agree with rather not using the UGX-mod as a base, i think it goes a bit far saying it's not working propperly. A lot of stuff just needs to be added / compiled in a different way, and then there's the limits offcourse. That was the main reason Stevie and me decided to do only 3 or 4 cammo's for all guns. We could still replace all guns, and use quite some custom texture's in the map without hitting the limit that way.

But i would enter the contest again probably, and about the rules above. I have no problems with those, i also like a theme that would give us much more freedom, like the movie theme. Sounds good!  :)
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I agree about not having to use the UGX mod. Even though, I understood for the christmas contest since it was so short, but 6 months is enough time to learn how to port weapons. There is tutorials on youtube on how to do it. Plus I could help teach people what I know if anyone needs help. Just note, I wont be teaming up with anyone, just giving a helping hand.

Also if we could submit multiple maps, that would work too. Just so we don't get bored easily working on the same map for 6 months. Since I tend to get bored after working on a map for 2-3 months.

One more thing, could we possibly do tv shows as well? I have been dying to work on a map based off of one of my favorite tv shows.
Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:04:58 pm by thezombiekilla6
Date Registered: 8 June 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
sevengpluke's Contact & Social Linksdalukesevengplukesevengplukesevengplukesevengpluke
I agree about not having to use the UGX mod. Even though, I understood for the christmas contest since it was so short, but 6 months is enough time to learn how to port weapons. There is tutorials on youtube on how to do it. Plus I could help teach people what I know if anyone needs help. Just note, I wont be teaming up with anyone, just giving a helping hand.

Also if we could submit multiple maps, that would work too. Just so we don't get bored easily working on the same map for 6 months. Since I tend to get bored after working on a map for 2-3 months.

One more thing, could we possibly do tv shows as well? I have been dying to work on a map based off of one of my favorite tv shows.

I 2nd this I'm not a movie guy and would love to do one based on a tv show. Although doing a movie is fine. As for the time to work on the maps, i think 4 months should be sufficient time. I think 6 months is too long as map makers may get bored of working on a map after such time. Just my own opinion on the timeframe.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt

If YAW goes the no UGX mod route, I'll gladly make a list of every tutorial I know and anyone else knows that the mods can sticky so everyone can learn very fast and easily.
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
If YAW goes the no UGX mod route, I'll gladly make a list of every tutorial I know and anyone else knows that the mods can sticky so everyone can learn very fast and easily.

Could even have guys acting as "tutors" that can stream or record stuff for the contest, since the knowledge on the methods of porting stuff updates practically each week/month, so some tutorials even mine can be slightly outdated as is. I'd enjoy helping with this if this becomes the case for this contest and I have the time.
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hey guys, seems people may be jumping the gun a bit, but seeing how people are primarily concerned with the use of UGX mod, I would consider making that aspect optional. The only reason it was used in the Christmas contest was to ensure that new mappers didn't have to worry about adding weapons.  Since there would potentially be 6 months available for projects, this should give participants more than enough time to figure out how to port weapons, etc...

Double Post Merge: January 24, 2015, 03:24:08 pm
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :-\

The use of the UGX mod would be optional for this contest.
Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:24:08 pm by GUNNS4HIRE
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hm, for some reason, somebody closed this post. Annoying.  Anyway, I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Hm, for some reason, somebody closed this post. Annoying.  Anyway, I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.

Ya, it got locked accidently. fixed now.

But I would love to participate in this contest.
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Me too, because the theme is very versatile, and nowadays they have made a movie about kinda everything :P
  • rdvlpr
  • Deleted Member
rdvlpr
This user is deleted :(
I would be interested in participating, but i think 6 months is a bit overkill. I think 4 months would be better, but we don't make the rules and should be thankful that u are considering in making another contest possible.
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
i would like to participate, already have a movie ill do :3 yes yes
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Well its awesome, because on this i can have more time to work on my map and not only work on weekends :D

But the problem if we dont use UGX mod, a lot of people going to use "broken" weapons on their maps, also a lot of people dont know how to port weapons from others COD(i only know how to port cod4 weapons :D ) Also most maps going to have AW weapons and maybe BO weapons. Quote from the 1st contest:
theres plenty of tutorials

Plus the UGX mod actually CAUSES some issues (well, the current version does)

Anyone using custom models runs into problems with the UGX crossbow for example
Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:49:10 am by Harry Bo21
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
i would like to participate, already have a movie ill do :3 yes yes

let me guess, it has something to do with purple?
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
let me guess, it has something to do with purple?
I honestly was just EXTREMELY curious because we all know bwc(some numbers here)'s obsession with purple so I googled something real quick. Purple People Eaters was a film :D.

Loading ...