UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 23, 2015, 04:58:57 pm

Title: 2015 Map Contest Inquiry - YouAlwaysWin
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 23, 2015, 04:58:57 pm
Hey Everyone,

First off, thanks to everyone for making our first Map Contest a huge success, and congratulations again to all the winners.  We received over 18 unique maps that were created in a short period of time, and I know that our viewers thoroughly enjoyed them all.

We are currently considering starting another contest for 2015, with a different theme, and potentially more and bigger prizes. 

The deadline for map submissions would be July 31, 2015, with map coverage on our YouTube channel starting mid-August.  The theme would be Movies (old or new, doesn't matter). This would give map makers about 6 months to create a map, which is more than enough time for new and experienced map makers.

However, before we seriously consider starting this contest, there would be a few rules that would be non-negotiable due to issues we came across with the Christmas Contest. 

Everyone needs to understand that our ability to fund these contests is contingent on our ability to properly record and upload resulting videos on our YouTube channel, YouAlwaysWin.  The decision to post the Christmas maps as a single hour+ long video was a huge waste of their potential exposure and put strain on our work flow. This was only done due to complaints about not getting the maps out before Christmas.

Should we decide to proceed with a New contest, the following rules will be applied and are NON-negotiable. First, videos covering the maps will be uploaded in 20-30 min episodes, which will result in most maps being split into 2-3 videos, uploaded at 1 video per day.  If we received more map submissions than the Christmas contest, that would potentially mean the videos would be uploaded over a period of 2-3 months.

Same rules would apply as before, namely, map makers would not be allowed to release the maps to the public until we have released the video on our channel, which would mean that your map may not be potentially released to the public until November+.

The winners would be announced near the end of the year in order to ensure all maps have been uploaded.

Keep in mind, participation is voluntary and since we are putting our own money $$$ up for the prizes, our rules will be non-negotiable.

At this time, I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating in a 2015 YouAlwaysWin Map Contest.

I look forward to hearing back from prospective map makers here in the community.

Cheers,

Niels (aka GUNNS4HIRE)

Title: Re: 2015 Map Contest Inquiry - YouAlwaysWin
Post by: HitmanVere on January 23, 2015, 05:10:33 pm
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :-\
Post by: Bwc66930 on January 23, 2015, 05:15:21 pm
Already another contest

I'm guessing you have to use ugx mod to enter
Post by: P0tZ on January 23, 2015, 05:19:53 pm
I would expect a lot of interest Gunns, Its clear the 1st was a success in my opinion so i would expect a lot more to participate in this one.
And it would be a great theme holding very little restrictions. I mean there is a film for all sorts of scenarios nowadays.
Glad to see you continuing to run with this Gunns, the community thanks you!
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :/
Maybe you could reconsider the need for the UGX mod in this comp. so mappers can continue to work on their non UGX, non competition maps without worrying about conflicting errors between the UGX/non UGX maps.

Post by: chromastone10 on January 23, 2015, 05:31:05 pm
I would love to enter this time, its just I dont want to use the ugx mod, it screws up so much stuff and changes everything you already know how to edit  :-\
Post by: P0tZ on January 23, 2015, 05:40:00 pm
Or maybe even make the UGX mod down to the mapper himself. If they want to use it then so be it.
Post by: IceGrenade on January 23, 2015, 05:44:05 pm
I'd love to take part in this! ^^
Post by: KDXDARK on January 23, 2015, 05:52:02 pm
Well its awesome, because on this i can have more time to work on my map and not only work on weekends :D

But the problem if we dont use UGX mod, a lot of people going to use "broken" weapons on their maps, also a lot of people dont know how to port weapons from others COD(i only know how to port cod4 weapons :D ) Also most maps going to have AW weapons and maybe BO weapons. Quote from the 1st contest:
The reasoning behind this requirement is to focus the contest on the mapping and design rather than weapon porting. If everyone starts with the same mod base then they are on a level playing field, enables mappers without weapon porting skills to have a solid foundation, and allows mappers to spend the majority of their time on other aspects of their map. This is a mapping contest, not a mod contest.
Post by: chromastone10 on January 23, 2015, 06:00:00 pm
Well its awesome, because on this i can have more time to work on my map and not only work on weekends :D

But the problem if we dont use UGX mod, a lot of people going to use "broken" weapons on their maps, also a lot of people dont know how to port weapons from others COD(i only know how to port cod4 weapons :D ) Also most maps going to have AW weapons and maybe BO weapons. Quote from the 1st contest:

well we would have 6 months which should give people plenty enough time to learn, port, and map, and if they have broken weapons it just makes it easier to choose a winner :P
Post by: KDXDARK on January 23, 2015, 06:02:54 pm
well we would have 6 months which should give people plenty enough time to learn, port, and map, and if they have broken weapons it just makes it easier to choose a winner :P
I just going to use cod 4 weapons because they are the best :D
Post by: steviewonder87 on January 23, 2015, 06:06:48 pm

Well what's the difference between everyone starting with stock weapons and then changing them if they want, or everyone starting with UGX weapons and changing them if they want?

If people don't know how to port guns well, then surely that's their problem? If someone doesn't know how to script, is it then fair to say 'people can't add custom scripts because some people can't script'? Or if someone can't map well, do you prevent good mappers from mapping because it's 'not fair'? Mapping, scripting and porting guns is all part of making a map IMO, if you don't know how to do one of these things, then find someone who does and team up, if not then that's on you. Just my 2 cents.
Post by: MechromancerX on January 23, 2015, 06:21:02 pm
Well, i am interested. I understand the rules, have no problem with them. And like chroma said, in 6 months there is plenty of time to learn everything :)
Post by: P0tZ on January 23, 2015, 07:04:34 pm
Well what's the difference between everyone starting with stock weapons and then changing them if they want, or everyone starting with UGX weapons and changing them if they want?

If people don't know how to port guns well, then surely that's their problem? If someone doesn't know how to script, is it then fair to say 'people can't add custom scripts because some people can't script'? Or if someone can't map well, do you prevent good mappers from mapping because it's 'not fair'? Mapping, scripting and porting guns is all part of making a map IMO, if you don't know how to do one of these things, then find someone who does and team up, if not then that's on you. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with Stevie, there is plenty of time to learn this with the time frame as well as lots of people in the community that you can team up with to overcome certain problems.
Guns are just part of the whole thing.
And like last time, break down the judging categories.
Last month people had a month to create so it was understandable you all used the same weapon set. But with 6 months to work on it, I think you should set them free to create it as & how they desire!
Post by: whippytrout on January 23, 2015, 07:54:48 pm
Sounds awesome! I'd definitely participate and with 6 months to work on a map that would be perfect. I have to agree with others above though about not forcing the UGX mod. Don't get me wrong I love the mod but it's a huge pain working around its limits.
Post by: GTTClan on January 23, 2015, 08:45:02 pm
Please No UGX MOD! It is extremely difficult to work with it and it gives a lot of problems.
I left the Christmas Contest MAINLY because of the UGX MOD not working properly. Also because I didn't have enough time but mostly because of the mod.
I'd really like to enter this contest because it would be fun making a movie map and with 6 months ahead of us, we can really work on these maps without having to rush it. The only thing that would be an issue is boredom. As good as it is to give us 6 months, a lot of us wouldn't want to work on the same map with the same ideas for that long.

If this contest goes up, I'm taking the idea to make multiple movies in one since I honestly wouldn't be able to work on just one idea. Meat's map is different since I'm currently adding all kinds of crazyness into it but Smile.JPG is currently getting boring.

Thanks Gunns, for the opportunity and most of us we'll take it if it doesn't include the UGX MOD.

-GTTClan
Post by: BluntStuffy on January 23, 2015, 09:36:33 pm
Please No UGX MOD! It is extremely difficult to work with it and it gives a lot of problems.
I left the Christmas Contest MAINLY because of the UGX MOD not working properly. Also because I didn't have enough time but mostly because of the mod.
-GTTClan

Allthough i agree with rather not using the UGX-mod as a base, i think it goes a bit far saying it's not working propperly. A lot of stuff just needs to be added / compiled in a different way, and then there's the limits offcourse. That was the main reason Stevie and me decided to do only 3 or 4 cammo's for all guns. We could still replace all guns, and use quite some custom texture's in the map without hitting the limit that way.

But i would enter the contest again probably, and about the rules above. I have no problems with those, i also like a theme that would give us much more freedom, like the movie theme. Sounds good!  :)
Post by: Dust on January 23, 2015, 09:57:20 pm
I agree about not having to use the UGX mod. Even though, I understood for the christmas contest since it was so short, but 6 months is enough time to learn how to port weapons. There is tutorials on youtube on how to do it. Plus I could help teach people what I know if anyone needs help. Just note, I wont be teaming up with anyone, just giving a helping hand.

Also if we could submit multiple maps, that would work too. Just so we don't get bored easily working on the same map for 6 months. Since I tend to get bored after working on a map for 2-3 months.

One more thing, could we possibly do tv shows as well? I have been dying to work on a map based off of one of my favorite tv shows.
Post by: sevengpluke on January 23, 2015, 10:28:05 pm
I agree about not having to use the UGX mod. Even though, I understood for the christmas contest since it was so short, but 6 months is enough time to learn how to port weapons. There is tutorials on youtube on how to do it. Plus I could help teach people what I know if anyone needs help. Just note, I wont be teaming up with anyone, just giving a helping hand.

Also if we could submit multiple maps, that would work too. Just so we don't get bored easily working on the same map for 6 months. Since I tend to get bored after working on a map for 2-3 months.

One more thing, could we possibly do tv shows as well? I have been dying to work on a map based off of one of my favorite tv shows.

I 2nd this I'm not a movie guy and would love to do one based on a tv show. Although doing a movie is fine. As for the time to work on the maps, i think 4 months should be sufficient time. I think 6 months is too long as map makers may get bored of working on a map after such time. Just my own opinion on the timeframe.
Post by: MAK911 on January 23, 2015, 10:32:19 pm

If YAW goes the no UGX mod route, I'll gladly make a list of every tutorial I know and anyone else knows that the mods can sticky so everyone can learn very fast and easily.
Post by: Rollonmath42 on January 24, 2015, 01:10:32 am
If YAW goes the no UGX mod route, I'll gladly make a list of every tutorial I know and anyone else knows that the mods can sticky so everyone can learn very fast and easily.

Could even have guys acting as "tutors" that can stream or record stuff for the contest, since the knowledge on the methods of porting stuff updates practically each week/month, so some tutorials even mine can be slightly outdated as is. I'd enjoy helping with this if this becomes the case for this contest and I have the time.
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 24, 2015, 03:22:55 pm
Hey guys, seems people may be jumping the gun a bit, but seeing how people are primarily concerned with the use of UGX mod, I would consider making that aspect optional. The only reason it was used in the Christmas contest was to ensure that new mappers didn't have to worry about adding weapons.  Since there would potentially be 6 months available for projects, this should give participants more than enough time to figure out how to port weapons, etc...

Double Post Merge: January 24, 2015, 03:24:08 pm
Not sure, if I would get on with this contest, since 6 months of time = boredom. If its like with xmas contest that you have to use UGX mod, then that would mean I cant really work on other maps at same time, since UGX mod tools  :-\

The use of the UGX mod would be optional for this contest.
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 25, 2015, 10:35:43 pm
Hm, for some reason, somebody closed this post. Annoying.  Anyway, I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.
Post by: Dust on January 25, 2015, 10:44:20 pm
Hm, for some reason, somebody closed this post. Annoying.  Anyway, I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.

Ya, it got locked accidently. fixed now.

But I would love to participate in this contest.
Post by: MechromancerX on January 25, 2015, 11:40:53 pm
Me too, because the theme is very versatile, and nowadays they have made a movie about kinda everything :P
Post by: rdvlpr on January 26, 2015, 12:08:40 am
I would be interested in participating, but i think 6 months is a bit overkill. I think 4 months would be better, but we don't make the rules and should be thankful that u are considering in making another contest possible.
Post by: Bwc66930 on January 26, 2015, 12:45:14 am
i would like to participate, already have a movie ill do :3 yes yes
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 26, 2015, 12:46:37 am

theres plenty of tutorials

Plus the UGX mod actually CAUSES some issues (well, the current version does)

Anyone using custom models runs into problems with the UGX crossbow for example
Post by: Dust on January 26, 2015, 01:27:11 am
i would like to participate, already have a movie ill do :3 yes yes

let me guess, it has something to do with purple?
Post by: ConvictioNDR on January 26, 2015, 01:31:10 am
I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.
Post by: MAK911 on January 26, 2015, 01:32:42 am
let me guess, it has something to do with purple?
I honestly was just EXTREMELY curious because we all know bwc(some numbers here)'s obsession with purple so I googled something real quick. Purple People Eaters was a film :D.
Post by: Dust on January 26, 2015, 01:44:47 am
I honestly was just EXTREMELY curious because we all know bwc(some numbers here)'s obsession with purple so I googled something real quick. Purple People Eaters was a film :D.

I was also thinking about a old movie called "the color purple".
Post by: arceus on January 26, 2015, 03:26:04 am
Id love to compete alredy got a movie picked(prolly one of the obviouse choices)
Post by: sevengpluke on January 26, 2015, 04:17:48 am
I would be interested in participating, but i think 6 months is a bit overkill. I think 4 months would be better, but we don't make the rules and should be thankful that u are considering in making another contest possible.

I agree with his opinion on the time frame. Also does TVshow movies count? And by that I mean 30min specials to shows normally 15min :troll:
Post by: MechromancerX on January 26, 2015, 03:10:32 pm
Spoiler: click to open...
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.

So for example when the maps should run ugx mod 1.1 and there were more people to rate the maps (let us say Gunns & Meaty, and the UGX-team (about 10 persons for example)) the contest would come closer to "fair" and you would more likely participate? :)
Post by: SirJammy on January 27, 2015, 09:52:30 pm
I would honestly love to join but the timing of this contest hates me :(, I started a big project directly after the Christmas competition thinking that that would be it for a year or so but to my surprise another competition crops up a few months later :p. I don't think I can put another project on hold because it always leads to them not getting released.  Good luck to everyone else I guess ;)
Post by: MechromancerX on January 28, 2015, 02:50:18 pm
Maybe you can make a poll to see who is interested or not?
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 28, 2015, 07:23:40 pm

Jeez dude, a simple "not interested" would have sufficed.
Post by: ConvictioNDR on January 28, 2015, 07:47:28 pm
Jeez dude, a simple "not interested" would have sufficed.
My bad, I thought you might be interested to know why I, and some others, don't want to participate in your script making contest.
Post by: x_xMayheMx_x on January 28, 2015, 08:04:25 pm
to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script.

I don't see this as a bad idea at all. Takes it back to the basics. Don't get me wrong I love me a map with a good easter egg and loads of custom stuff as well.

Now I don't mean every contest should be held in this manner. It would be nice to see what maps people come out with given those guidelines.

Except for maybe just replacing that sorry A** w@w jug  ::)

Post by: RadimaX on January 28, 2015, 10:51:26 pm
GUNNS4HIRE makes the contest...
GUNNS4HIRE makes the rules...

with 20ish submissions over period of 2 months the last time i think 4 months (twice the time would be great for a contest)
great maps could takes half year to finish but it feels a bit to long i bet there will be 40 submissions atleast plus x3 episodes thats 120 videos if contest is 4 months of pure zombies alone for the channel, hold 3 contest 4 moths each there will be potentially 360 videos a year. 1 per day!!! what do you guys think? :)
Post by: MechromancerX on January 28, 2015, 11:43:30 pm
My bad, I thought you might be interested to know why I, and some others, don't want to participate in your script making contest. But I guess not as seeing from this post the only thing on your mind was exposure and money. I don't really care about your YouTube channel, by all means maximize your exposure and views as it's your job, but what was the point in this post if you don't care what is keeping people from participating? I thought this was an inquiry, not an "Okay, this is how it's going to be. Who's in?" post?

You would be very stupid if you don't maximize profit, even you would do that if you had a channel like that.
Post by: treminaor on January 28, 2015, 11:59:26 pm
Crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do.
"Crowded"... there's a loaded word if I've ever heard one.

Trying to have a map contest without involving scripting is like trying to bake a cake without any filling. Sure the cake can look amazing but if it tastes like shit there's no point in eating it.

If scripting is the main thing holding you back on the contest then either learn it or find a friend who will like the rest of the participants. Don't complain that the contest isn't on your level, rise to the level of the contest. Or don't participate at all. But simply complaining is not doing any good.
Post by: RadimaX on January 29, 2015, 12:08:04 am
also half-year is plenty of time to learn about scripting or finding a friend to make a map with to submit if you really are so dedicated to participate hehe :)
Post by: fatboypro on January 29, 2015, 12:12:29 am
Movies will be an interesting topic but it would be interesting if you expanded the topic to remakes. when I say remakes i don't mean remakes of 3arc maps i mean remakes from anywhere like games, movies books, or remakes of stuff in real life.
Post by: tomikaze on January 29, 2015, 12:17:34 am
But I guess not as seeing from this post the only thing on your mind was exposure and money. I don't really care about your YouTube channel
What's the matter with you ConvictioNDR? You've released several good maps in the past who's quality & fun factor could have given the top 3 maps in this Christmas contest a run for their money. I'm about one more complaint from you away from giving you my Daedra Descent treatment...and man you don't want that.
Post by: ConvictioNDR on January 29, 2015, 01:16:00 am
What's the matter with you ConvictioNDR? You've released several good maps in the past who's quality & fun factor could have given the top 3 maps in this Christmas contest a run for their money. I'm about one more complaint from you away from giving you my Daedra Descent treatment...and man you don't want that.
Read my first post, I've already given my opinion. That's all it was. My opinion. If you think they are complaints, then maybe you are too used to looking for complaints. Quit being so negative and all of the sudden they turn into opinions.
How do you treat Daedra that is any different than you already treat me anyway? It's not like we're best bros and speak to eachother daily. If you are going to threaten me, at least come up with a good one.
Post by: tomikaze on January 29, 2015, 02:21:33 am
It's not like we're best bros and speak to eachother daily.
YOU have best bros? Oh that's rich!  :D
One of the main problems with your reasons or "opinions" is that their so freaking long they should be divided up into chapters. I've been very nice to you in the past even saying many nice things about your map "Backlot" (+1 for me). In fact if you were here we'd just hug it out right now...as men do! So just stop whining opinion-ing about the contest or else challenge Gunns to 12 rounds of bareknuckle boxing, livestream it and the proceeds go to charity.
Post by: daedra descent on January 29, 2015, 04:33:05 am
I'm about one more complaint from you away from giving you my Daedra Descent treatment...and man you don't want that.

The Daedra Descent treatment? Really Tomikaze?  ::)

Post by: ConvictioNDR on January 29, 2015, 05:18:58 am
YOU have best bros? Oh that's rich!  :D
One of the main problems with your reasons or "opinions" is that their so freaking long they should be divided up into chapters. I've been very nice to you in the past even saying many nice things about your map "Backlot" (+1 for me). In fact if you were here we'd just hug it out right now...as men do! So just stop whining opinion-ing about the contest or else challenge Gunns to 12 rounds of bareknuckle boxing, livestream it and the proceeds go to charity.
So my opinion is not a valid opinion because you are too lazy to read. That makes sense.
He asked if mappers were interested so I said no and gave my reason why. Nothing more to it. Giving an opinion that is against something does not make a person a complainer or whiner.
If you haven't got anything to contribute to the conversation about the contest, kindly keep it to yourself.
If you have an issue with me, send me a pm so it can be worked out like mature people would do instead of making your drama public. Thank you.
Post by: Lukkie1998 on January 29, 2015, 06:16:24 am
Please Continue this conversation somewhere else ladies..

Lukkie1998
Post by: DeletedUser on January 30, 2015, 09:28:13 pm
I'd love to join a movie themed contest, I got one movie in my mind to make a map based on :D
Post by: Nathiri on January 30, 2015, 11:55:52 pm
Movies will be an interesting topic but it would be interesting if you expanded the topic to remakes. when I say remakes i don't mean remakes of 3arc maps i mean remakes from anywhere like games, movies books, or remakes of stuff in real life.

I really dont see why it needs to be expanded. Movies is already a very broad theme. I personally think they should make it less broad by limiting it to a certain amount of categories. Maybe another contest could be done on those themes.
Post by: BratrilliantG7 on February 05, 2015, 03:56:08 pm
I would personally love to be a part of this contest. It was the Christmas contest that really sucked me into the world of Zombie Modding and aside from dealing with a few WaW engine limits, I've had a lot of fun doing random stuff over the past couple months.

The only hindrance to me is my own mapping ability, as I am a scripter/modder. I'm currently lacking the skill to create beautiful environments and models in Radiant and Maya, but with a 6 month time frame as well as the help of some of the incredible tutorials on here and on ZombieModding.com, I think I could do something to get some kind of attention. I don't predict that I'll make top 3 in this contest (especially if there are more submissions that the Christmas Contest), but I believe it will inspire me to make something as awesome as I can.

Not to mention, I would love to see Meaty and Gunnz play a map I created!
Post by: Nathiri on February 05, 2015, 09:19:19 pm
I would personally love to be a part of this contest. It was the Christmas contest that really sucked me into the world of Zombie Modding and aside from dealing with a few WaW engine limits, I've had a lot of fun doing random stuff over the past couple months.

The only hindrance to me is my own mapping ability, as I am a scripter/modder. I'm currently lacking the skill to create beautiful environments and models in Radiant and Maya, but with a 6 month time frame as well as the help of some of the incredible tutorials on here and on ZombieModding.com, I think I could do something to get some kind of attention. I don't predict that I'll make top 3 in this contest (especially if there are more submissions that the Christmas Contest), but I believe it will inspire me to make something as awesome as I can.

Dont worry too much about that, if you wanted to, you can always get a partner to help you out with the mapping. With 2 people more can be accomplished. There are some people who can map really well but cannot script/mod.
Post by: jjbradman on February 19, 2015, 04:52:56 am
i dont get it, is the contest official or what?
Post by: HitmanVere on February 19, 2015, 09:41:29 am
i dont get it, is the contest official or what?

^^^^^^^^
I want to know also, and many others too :P
Post by: jei9363 on February 19, 2015, 02:50:06 pm
I'll get back on the saddle if this happens :)

North Co's problem was a model I subdivided too many times.. woops. lessons in game design can be rough I guess :p
Post by: tomikaze on February 19, 2015, 05:35:10 pm
I'll get back on the saddle if this happens :)

North Co's problem was a model I subdivided too many times.. woops. lessons in game design can be rough I guess :p
Is this something you can fix and re-release the map or is it too much work/not enough motivation at this point?  :D
Post by: jei9363 on February 19, 2015, 06:27:33 pm
Is this something you can fix and re-release the map or is it too much work/not enough motivation at this point?  :D

Im going to release it with west town when I get my black ops weapons good :). but as soon as they make this contest official Ill end up delaying for that again

Double Post Merge: February 19, 2015, 06:34:08 pm
I know other people probably have this in mind but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVB47XV0SXs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVB47XV0SXs)

Jurrassic Zombie World  ;D
Post by: fatboypro on February 19, 2015, 11:21:26 pm
if you do maybe you could change the theme to just remakes. (No not treyarch map remakes) i kinda want to make a chernobyl map  ;).
Post by: mrpeanut188 on February 20, 2015, 04:29:38 am
if you do maybe you could change the theme to just remakes. (No not treyarch map remakes) i kinda want to make a chernobyl map  ;).
I just got the greatest idea: A Real-Life mapping contest. You are allowed to make different buildings and objects from different locations, but you have to have a picture of the object and you have to show comparison between the map and the pics.
Post by: steviewonder87 on February 20, 2015, 10:41:02 am
I just got the greatest idea: A Real-Life mapping contest. You are allowed to make different buildings and objects from different locations, but you have to have a picture of the object and you have to show comparison between the map and the pics.
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F5d134253bc845f812dbfe0321fa0ef16.png&hash=b59fa4ddcd9999e205dd3c5c9ae8072a6b5f3a94)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F729b196ec4e71f3da413139288c74856.png&hash=874933a7375e42659f26e1524c31fe2c36511532)
 :please:
Post by: fatboypro on February 20, 2015, 01:09:40 pm
ya i had the same idea i have always wanted to make chernobyl map.
Post by: RadimaX on February 25, 2015, 10:59:32 am
ive been in chernobyl and would not at all mind making a map based on the location however UGX WING3D made a full chernobyl zombies map already even Before i did my comosea map. Since his is 5 years old not many may remember it. there is more videos i Think on there, maby the map even exists for download i only had him on youtube so you can maby figure that out :)

http://youtu.be/UXvgO9mv1pk?t=2m (http://youtu.be/UXvgO9mv1pk?t=2m)

As for the Contest dont try to negotiate:P it says even twice non-negotiable. The 6 month time period as personal opinion is leinghty but gives everyone a fair chance to build something unique. as for interest, i would love to make something Movie themed and take part of the Contest but can only start after 2 months due to the vecation :P

however ill Catch up...