Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
I have no doubt that the intentions of YouAlwayWin, also known as GUNNS4HIRE and Meatwagon, are sincere and genuine.
With that said, I do think that  UGX-MOD staff should require certain terms and conditions before any future contests are permitted. 

YouAlwaysWin, set no timeline for a review period, or for a payment schedule in their contest rules.   With no predefined limits they could split playthrough on each map into 10 parts or more and release one part a day into perpetuity, to maximize revenue.  They could also decide to delay payment into perpetuity because no payment deadline is set by contest rules.

There is also a larger problem with this contest.  The prizes are set high, and as already stated I believe YouAlwayWin will follow through.   I assume no escrow or holding is used as the winners are undetermined at the start of the contest.  However, map makers are investing time and resources upfront  (an opportunity cost), under the promise of future winnings.   It's entirely possible someone throwing this type of contest could run off with the work and never give out prizes.  Would there be fallout from such an action?   Of course, reputations would be damaged, but the larger harm would be distrust and morale to an open community that would not so easily recover.

It might be a good idea to consider these points before future contests.
lol excelent we can expect at least another 2 videos of that batman map, and winners will be decided next christmas. problem solved
ps. i also want to play some of the maps like civil nativity, it looked awesome!
Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:43:27 am by jjbradman
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I find the recent posts rather disappointing. Meaty and I are giving over $2000 of our OWN money to map makers, who don't usually make a dime. We thought it would be fun to have a contest with a festive theme, and yet, it seems "tis the season to be"  complaining.

Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs. Once we have posted the videos, we will be making our decision and posting the results within the first 1-2 weeks of January 2015, with all prize amounts sent via paypal once the winners have provided us with their account information.

Let me clear some things up. This contest and the cash prizes are possible as a result of our successful channel on YouTube, which is successful because we know how to make videos and get high views on them. That success has enabled us to throw up $2000 in cash prizes for the members of this community as a way to thank them for making maps that have helped us get to where we are now.

It is NOT effective to spam a channel with multiple videos in the same day, simply because you are impatient, or fail to understand how YouTube works. We will not compromise our methods of creating videos simply because individuals may be impatient.

By all means, if you are unsatisfied with above information and wish to withdraw from the contest, please email me at [email protected] .

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:17:46 am
lol excelent we can expect at least another 2 videos of that batman map, and winners will be decided next christmas. problem solved
ps. i also want to play some of the maps like civil nativity, it looked awesome!

If you are unhappy, you may withdraw from the contest at any time. Just send an email to the address provided in the contest rules. 

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:24:02 am
I thought we would have this awesome christmas dlc pack on the 6th but then I realized we have to wait for meety and guns to get their youtube monayyyy before we can play them -_-

That "youtube monayyyy" is what is paying for the contest prizes. Tell you what, you send me $2000 of your own money to cover the prizes and I'll be more than happy to tell the map makers to release every map to the public right now. Deal?
Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:24:02 am by GUNNS4HIRE
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:17:46 am
If you are unhappy, you may withdraw from the contest at any time. Just send an email to the address provided in the contest rules. 

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:24:02 am
i was just joking on that comment that kind of said the contest would never see its send cause there wasnt "rules" on that. sorry for being sarcastic if it made you feel disappointed
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I do not speak on behalf of YouAlwaysWin, but I do speak on behalf of the staff on this site and would like to take a moment to respond to the concerns that gr00t has directed towards the staff on this site. Also, please note that "UGX-MOD staff" is not the correct terminology to use. Please refer to us as the site staff, UGX staff, forum staff, or similar.

UGX-MOD staff should perform due diligence to protect the community and mappers investing their time regardless if it was a contest with prizes offered by YouAlwaysWin, or another Youtube channel.   Should any contest run amok, it could destroy long term contributions to this community.
If we did not trust and believe in YouAlwaysWin to follow through with this contest then we would not have sponsored it. Out reputation is put on the line when we choose to sponsor anything, and we would not jeopardize that reputation by putting our trust in untrustworthy people.

Treminaor and staff need to consider the worst possible outcome of any contest and try to set terms and conditions for any contest that protect the mappers and the community.
Protect them from what exactly? What is the worst possible outcome of this contest? What terms and conditions would be appropriate? The mappers still own their maps and could release them at any time if they want to remove themselves from the contest. They have lost nothing by participating. In fact, they would lose more from withdrawing at this stage then by simply waiting for the contest to be finished, since they would be forfeiting their chances at winning any prizes.

The rules of this contest were written by YouAlwaysWin, not the UGX staff. The contest belongs to and is managed solely by YouAlwaysWin. The UGX-Mods website is simply sponsoring and supporting this contest by promoting it to our community, and helping manage the WIP/submission process via the use of our forum/site.

The contest was presented as a Christmas contest.  Dates for contest start and final submission were stated.   No dates were communicated publicly stating YouAlwaysWin's schedule for reviewing maps,  a deadline by which all maps would be reviewed, a stated date to announce prize winners, or a date when prizes would be awarded.
How could they possibly provide dates for ANY of that when they didn't even know how many maps would be submitted? What if they received 25 working maps? What if they had only received 10? Now that YouAlwaysWin know how many maps they will need to play, Gunns4Hire came here and publicly gave a timeframe for when he expects his channel to be finished with submissions. In my opinion it is ridiculous to expect any more than that from them.

Mappers and members of this community may have assumed that the contest would be completely finished before Christmas Day to allow all maps to be downloaded by this community.   
So just because they assumed something means it should have happened? If anyone had questions about this then they could have asked it any any time and received an answer.

And to top it all off, you did not even submit a map into this contest. I don't see a reason why you should be the one trying to raise all of these baseless concerns when you don't even have a stake in the contest. I would appreciate if everyone would just back off a bit and let the contest run its course.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
lol, how about we leave the day to day operations of this site.... to the people that run the site?
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
I find the recent posts rather disappointing. Meaty and I are giving over $2000 of our OWN money to map makers, who don't usually make a dime. We thought it would be fun to have a contest with a festive theme, and yet, it seems "tis the season to be"  complaining.

Mweh, just a few people complaining. and not even all serious. They dont speak for the entire community so nothing to be disappointed about i think.
It's just the internet... No matter what you do, there's Always someone bitching about it..
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Are you a lawyer gr00t?  :o
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Holy crap! Gr00t you don't even have a horse in the race and yet you've filled up more forum space than the entire rest of the thread.
Bro, why don't you try making an impact on the community a little at a time? 22 posts in and you're writing your dissertation on what's wrong with this contest. Baby steps gr00t, baby steps.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
It's hilarious to see how butt-blasted some people are over the dumbest crap. I, for one, am grateful to YAW for hosting this contest, because without it pretty much none of these maps would exist in the first place. And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

Again, the ungratefulness is baffling. Mappers get a HUGE cash prize if they win, and players get a ton of QUALITY maps that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Win-win. Two guys who not only showcase mapper's creations to thousands of people who can't play them who are also laying down 2k of their OWN money to give back (when they've already given enough) to mappers are getting hate. Unbelievable.
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs.

did this include my map? because I'll release it now if it didnt work for you guys. I tested with 3 new people and it worked for them.. idk whats up with the few that cant play it.

would you consider a solo run if it works for only one of you two?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

Again, the ungratefulness is baffling. Mappers get a HUGE cash prize if they win, and players get a ton of QUALITY maps that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Win-win. Two guys who not only showcase mapper's creations to thousands of people who can't play them who are also laying down 2k of their OWN money to give back (when they've already given enough) to mappers are getting hate. Unbelievable.
I agree completely.
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
I agree completely.
sorry if im out of topic but,
trem i miss those nicolas cage profile pics :(
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links
It's hilarious to see how butt-blasted some people are over the dumbest crap. I, for one, am grateful to YAW for hosting this contest, because without it pretty much none of these maps would exist in the first place. And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

I agree completely.

It's clear the constructive feedback and intent of my posts were missed by many.  I'm disappointed that's your view.   It's also disappointing you felt the need to remove  constructive posts outlining suggestions for future contests, which included an apology to Guns and Meaty, and also a response to your input.   

Maybe the feedback was better reserved for pm or should have been communicated at the end of the contest.  At any rate, it seems someone wants to make me a bogeyman for point out some areas of improvement for future contests.

This will be my last post to this forum.   
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
That "youtube monayyyy" is what is paying for the contest prizes. Tell you what, you send me $2000 of your own money to cover the prizes and I'll be more than happy to tell the map makers to release every map to the public right now. Deal?

sorry, I didnt mean to sound that rude, Ive just been waiting to play a lot of these maps but none of the map makers have released their maps even after the video was uploaded (which totally isnt your fault) and it is extremely generous of you guys to be giving back to the community, I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
sorry, I didnt mean to sound that rude, Ive just been waiting to play a lot of these maps but none of the map makers have released their maps even after the video was uploaded (which totally isnt your fault) and it is extremely generous of you guys to be giving back to the community, I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole

Sorry about your friend :(

Loading ...