UGX-Mods

Contests => Past Contests => YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014 => Topic started by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 06, 2014, 11:30:34 pm

Title: [Info, Rules, Entry] YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014
Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 06, 2014, 11:30:34 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhwMvJIKIw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhwMvJIKIw)

Welcome to the first ever YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest.
    Proudly working with UGX-Mods.com to help make this one of the biggest and best custom map contests known to date.

There will be at least 3 Cash Prizes available to be won:

1st Place - $1000
    2nd Place - $750
    3rd Place - $500

Note - Payment of cash prizes will be made via PayPal. If you do not have PayPal, we will require a proper mailing address and other contact information, which will remain confidential.

2014 Zombie Map Contest ★ Call of Duty Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyWRZNJSjF8#ws)

Contest Map Theme

The theme for the map contest will be Christmas, which will be perfectly timed for the upcoming holiday season.   

Contest Deadline

The contest officially begins on October 11, 2014, and will end on December 6, 2014 at Midnight EST.

How to Participate

Those of you interested in participating in the contest should send an email to [email protected], and are required to be signed up on UGX-Mods.com.
    Once you have completed the above, you will need to start a WIP (Work in Progress) page in the
    New Contest Entries Section (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?board=62.0), so that you can provide both YouAlwayWin and the Zombie community with updates on your map. This topic does not need to have any pictures right away or a complete features list, but try to keep the community updated at least occasionally to the progress of your map without giving away any information you wish to remain secret.

How to Submit Your Map

All maps should be uploaded to either
    MediaFire (https://www.mediafire.com/) or MEGA (http://mega.co.nz) (MediaFire is preferred). The link should then be emailed to YouAlwaysWin, before the deadline (Dec 6, 2014), at [email protected].

General Rules

All 9 of these rules must be followed in order to be eligible for prizes:

How Maps will be Judged

1. There will be 4 categories in which maps will be judged by YouAlwaysWin, with a possible perfect score of 100 pts,
    a) Fun Factor (40 pts) - YouAlwaysWin focuses on having fun above all other criteria. If a map is made too difficult (e.g. crazy hard zombies, or super hard to find easter eggs) this may have a detrimental impact on this score.
    b) Theme (20 pts) - Your ability to make the map related to the Christmas Theme
    c) Creativity and Appearance (25 pts) - How unique and visually appealing your map is.
    d) YouTube Influence and Impact (15 pts) - How our audience responded to your map. This will include data that is both public and private (i.e. views, ratings, comments, audience retention, shares, etc...). Note - information other than views, ratings and comments will not be made available outside of YouAlwaysWin Staff.

Recommendations

Since we are judging the contest, and it is completely subjective, it is only fair to provide you with some recommendations that may help you create a winning map design.  Note - these are NOT required, but recommended.
    • Reduce or Eliminate Fog/Haze (i.e. VolFog and Fog FX settings). We prefer nice clean looking maps, with minimal fog.
    • We enjoy maps with soul chests as they provide objectives with cool and useful rewards.
    • Don't make doors ridiculously expensive (again, back to the Fun factor).
    • You can include Easter Eggs and Buildables, but don't make them incredibly hard to find.
    • We LOVE buyable endings, it gives us a goal and a definitive ending to the map.
    • We like Zombie Counters, as they help us control the flow of gameplay.
    • Lastly, but well-known within our community, is the use of the number 22. Simply for fun, it comes from the 22 at the end of Meatwagon22's online name. In most cases, we end maps after 22 rounds, whether the map has a buyable ending (most of the time by accident/coincidence) or endless waves.

Hope you are all as excited about this contest as we are. We look forward to hearing from all of you interested in participating in the contest.

Cheers,

GUNNS4HIRE and Meatwagon22
    YouAlwaysWin

[/list]
    Title: Re: [Info, Rules, Entry] YouAlwaysWin Zombie Map Contest 2014
    Post by: treminaor on October 06, 2014, 11:36:43 pm
    The new script placer update should be out soon to help out anyone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of manual UGX Mod installation. This board will be locked from new topic creation until the contest begins on October 11th.
    Post by: Gunoftruth on October 06, 2014, 11:54:10 pm
    Cant wait! going slowly work on this and my Cyborg mod  8)
    Post by: xjonesy421 on October 06, 2014, 11:58:24 pm
    awesome of you guys to do this, time to start brainstorming!
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 07, 2014, 12:01:28 am
    Ech, we already have 2 maps in development - and if we reskin Celtic, that would be pretty cheap.. GG m8s!
    Post by: Centric on October 07, 2014, 12:12:30 am
    Quick question, would we be able to do this with someone else or does it have to be a solo project? And can we have a few close friends beta test the map for bugs if it isn't realesed on YouTube?
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 12:35:27 am
    Quick question, would we be able to do this with someone else or does it have to be a solo project? And can we have a few close friends beta test the map for bugs if it isn't realesed on YouTube?

Yes, you may absolutely work with others, for development and/or testing. Maps may be created individually or as part of a team.  Just make sure nobody leaks the map early, else it would be disqualified.
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 07, 2014, 01:12:35 am
    interesting  ::)
    Post by: Dust on October 07, 2014, 02:08:34 am
    This sounds awesome! Definitely going to enter
    Post by: jjbradman on October 07, 2014, 02:57:04 am
    this kind of stuff(money) really pushes me back to mapping  :D lol
    Post by: treminaor on October 07, 2014, 04:01:21 am
    The new version of the Script Placer which will install UGX Mod v1.0.4 and the UGX Modtools patch for you is now released. You can find it here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4221.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4221.0). Please note that while it has been tested by multiple people and verified as working, it is still in beta while we await further testing from the community now that the program is publicly available.

I have also added a link to it in the contest rules above.
    Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 07, 2014, 11:48:41 am
    Really looking forward to seeing some of the maps on offer. I love snow themed maps. :D
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 07, 2014, 12:33:17 pm
    Yes, now I can use my idea, that I posted last month :D

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4051.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4051.0)

Dont know, if I will fully work on that idea, but might take some ideas of it

Edit: Can we use ambient music at least? Or jukebox?
    Post by: arceus on October 07, 2014, 12:58:12 pm
    i already got a idea for my map, i really want to win so i can get a new computer, LET THE BEST MAP WIN!!!!!!!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 03:05:00 pm
    Yes, now I can use my idea, that I posted last month :D

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4051.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4051.0)

Dont know, if I will fully work on that idea, but might take some ideas of it

Edit: Can we use ambient music at least? Or jukebox?

Jukebox is fine, but if the ambient music cannot be turned off, then no. We cannot and will not risk copyright strikes on any video we produce. The issue is that a lot of illegitimate companies on YouTube try to claim music that they are very loosely linked to. We can fight them usually, but it often results in weeks of videos being hidden or removed, and not worth the risk.
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 07, 2014, 03:09:43 pm
    Jukebox is fine, but if the ambient music cannot be turned off, then no. We cannot and will not risk copyright strikes on any video we produce. The issue is that a lot of illegitimate companies on YouTube try to claim music that they are very loosely linked to. We can fight them usually, but it often results in weeks of videos being hidden or removed, and not worth the risk.

Ah, alright. Fair enough. Can one person be on two groups? For example, I will be in duo project and one bigger project. If both win and I will not want the money, is it good?
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 03:32:52 pm
    Ah, alright. Fair enough. Can one person be on two groups? For example, I will be in duo project and one bigger project. If both win and I will not want the money, is it good?

You can work with whomever you like, and submit as many maps as you want. However, for each map design, there should only be 1 contact person, who will receive any winnings.  We will not divide prize amounts up based on members of a group.
    Post by: IHammY/ on October 07, 2014, 03:39:59 pm
    You can work with whomever you like, and submit as many maps as you want. However, for each map design, there should only be 1 contact person, who will receive any winnings.  We will not divide prize amounts up based on members of a group.

My oppinion still is that as long as it aren´t beginner mappers they shouldnt be alowed to make teams... For example if Radimax (maker of comosea) and zct chaos (well THE CHAOS) made a team that would pretty much be the best map ever tho whereas they both alone would still make pretty damn good maps tho still competable by other mapers. Also I´m pretty sure there is going to be arguments about how much money an individual gets. If the leader is like im getting 800 and my two partners just 100 its 100% just his decision to make. I really dont hope anyone would bet there are likeley to be selfish people amongst the competitors.
    Post by: nikzaks on October 07, 2014, 03:50:12 pm
    Radimax i trust you ;)
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 03:51:41 pm
    My oppinion still is that as long as it aren´t beginner mappers they shouldnt be alowed to make teams... For example if Radimax (maker of comosea) and zct chaos (well THE CHAOS) made a team that would pretty much be the best map ever tho whereas they both alone would still make pretty damn good maps tho still competable by other mapers. Also I´m pretty sure there is going to be arguments about how much money an individual gets. If the leader is like im getting 800 and my two partners just 100 its 100% just his decision to make. I really dont hope anyone would bet there are likeley to be selfish people amongst the competitors.

I appreciate your concerns, however, this is a map contest and not necessarily who is the best map maker. This is about creating some fun and imaginative maps that the community will be able to play and enjoy later. In terms of arguments within any groups, that is none of our concern.  How they distribute any prize money they potentially win, is up to them. We will only deal with one contact person and that is where the winning amounts will be provided.  This is a contest and participation is optional. If you do not feel that the rules are fair, you have the option to not participate.
    Post by: IHammY/ on October 07, 2014, 03:56:23 pm
    I appreciate your concerns, however, this is a map contest and not necessarily who is the best map maker. This is about creating some fun and imaginative maps that the community will be able to play and enjoy later. In terms of arguments within any groups, that is none of our concern.  How they distribute any prize money they potentially win, is up to them. We will only deal with one contact person and that is where the winning amounts will be provided.  This is a contest and participation is optional. If you do not feel that the rules are fair, you have the option to not participate.

Ok then :) Just wanted to get that out there. You are the host afterall :)
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 07, 2014, 04:02:39 pm
    Got a question. The way I planned my map was that at the beginning it is bright but as you advance it goes darker, but you would have a flashlight at disposal at any time.
    Post by: JBird632 on October 07, 2014, 04:29:45 pm
    Don't worry too much, as I am not going to work with my group on this one, I'm not sure if Awesome Pieman and Radimax will make a map together or not though.
    Post by: pashan on October 07, 2014, 04:49:09 pm
    Idk if i will be taking part in this, as i have something awesome in works, which will be out it a LONG TIME. But i may put something together if i get time. As i can only map on sundays, because of school, so........ IDK
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 05:18:27 pm
    Idk if i will be taking part in this, as i have something awesome in works, which will be out it a LONG TIME. But i may put something together if i get time. As i can only map on sundays, because of school, so........ IDK

Completely understand, but I know that Meatwagon22 and myself would LOVE to see you participate in this contest as we greatly admire your work. Either way, thanks for at least considering it.
    Post by: IHammY/ on October 07, 2014, 06:42:15 pm
    Don't worry too much, as I am not going to work with my group on this one, I'm not sure if Awesome Pieman and Radimax will make a map together or not though.

Well I´m not worried myself :D Im just concicdering the people who arent just as experienced.
    Post by: Centric on October 07, 2014, 06:48:12 pm
    Can we use custom music that we create? I want a custom pack a punch jingle. There's no way it could be copy righted right?
    Post by: timelordalex on October 07, 2014, 07:14:18 pm
    not a bad idea, as Death said, be nice to see what maps come out and we know they'll be marginally decent to fit the requirements, though i have an interesting question, if in the unlikely event UGX Mod v1.1 came out before this contest deadline, would mappers be allowed to use that version or still have to stick with the current one?
    Post by: treminaor on October 07, 2014, 07:26:51 pm
    not a bad idea, as Death said, be nice to see what maps come out and we know they'll be marginally decent to fit the requirements, though i have an interesting question, if in the unlikely event UGX Mod v1.1 came out before this contest deadline, would mappers be allowed to use that version or still have to stick with the current one?
    This part of it was left up to me and it was a tough decision to make. First I thought about telling people to not install the mod at all until v1.1 was ready, but I didn't feel comfortable putting the competition in jeopardy if I couldn't deliver a working version of v1.1 standalone in time for people to implement it properly. Then I thought maybe we should just tell people to use v1.0.4 and then say if v1.1 comes out in time that they should upgrade to that, but then there comes the issue that we don't have any documentation or testing done on v1.1 standalone yet and it would probably just cause issues and mass confusion. So I think the safest bet for this contest is to just stick to v1.0.4.
    Post by: timelordalex on October 07, 2014, 07:35:00 pm
    yeah probably the best thing to do but heres hoping to a beta still before December, cant be long now, or this month would be nice, im sure the first Comosea release was this month in 2012, nice nostalgia if Requiem was this year same month
    Post by: treminaor on October 07, 2014, 07:56:03 pm
    cant be long now, or this month would be nice, im sure the first Comosea release was this month in 2012, nice nostalgia if Requiem was this year same month
    ;)
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 08:01:51 pm
    Can we use custom music that we create? I want a custom pack a punch jingle. There's no way it could be copy righted right?

I suppose a self-composed jingle for specific items are OK, but if we feel that the sound effect/music resembles something similar to a commercially recognized song or copyright protected sound effect, we may disqualify the map altogether as we will not put our channel at risk over music or sound effects.
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 07, 2014, 08:12:07 pm
    I suppose a self-composed jingle for specific items are OK, but if we feel that the sound effect/music resembles something similar to a commercially recognized song or copyright protected sound effect, we may disqualify the map altogether as we will not put our channel at risk over music or sound effects.

Thats what I wanted to hear :D Now I can make EE song for contest map
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 07, 2014, 08:14:14 pm
    I fully understand your concern. Will the map be qualified if you could mute all the music?
    My aim is to create a great experience and of course, that can't be done without using some copyrighted music :/
    Post by: timelordalex on October 07, 2014, 08:31:20 pm
    ;)

ok thats weird, i imagined if you did reply, you'd use a wink, and you did, no that just weird.
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 07, 2014, 08:35:59 pm
    I fully understand your concern. Will the map be qualified if you could mute all the music?
    My aim is to create a great experience and of course, that can't be done without using some copyrighted music :/

Yes, of course, as long as we can mute the music, that wouldn't be a problem. The issue is that sometimes map makers put music into the maps that are not controlled by the Music volume and therefore present possible copyright issues for us. We always have music turned off because of that, and as long as your music is controlled in that manner, there shouldn't be any issues.
    Post by: fatboypro on October 07, 2014, 10:17:03 pm
    ok so i have 2 question
    1. you said i have to use UGX mod but can i make small modifications like names of guns and zombie models?
    2. is it ok if i send a copy to a friend to do some coop testing?
    Post by: Dust on October 07, 2014, 10:25:44 pm
    ok so i have 2 question
    1. you said i have to use UGX mod but can i make small modifications like names of guns and zombie models?
    2. is it ok if i send a copy to a friend to do some coop testing?

He answered both of those.

1. You can modify anything you like on ugx mod, add guns, scripts, change names, anything, just need to use the base mod.
    2. You can send it to anyone to do testing just cant release it anywhere or make videos of it before youalwayswin gets it
    Post by: Rorke on October 07, 2014, 10:34:58 pm
    All map entries are required to use UGX Mod (v1.0.4)
     - You should use the latest UGX Script Placer v2.0

i have been told by a friend the ugx script placer v2 messed up there mod tools
    and i don't want to risk aliean text at main menu.......

but thanks anyway but ill pass
    Post by: treminaor on October 07, 2014, 11:10:20 pm
    All map entries are required to use UGX Mod (v1.0.4)
     - You should use the latest UGX Script Placer v2.0

i have been told by a friend the ugx script placer v2 messed up there mod tools
    and i don't want to risk aliean text at main menu.......

but thanks anyway but ill pass
    The part after what you copy/pasted also says you can install the mod manually if you prefer, so stop whining and actually try to help yourself.

Alien text is not a problem with your tools or your map, it is due to not following directions for compiling and can be fixed in seconds by simply compiling your mod.ff and running UGX Project Mover.

No one has posted or expressed any concerns with the new script placer yet, so please forward any problems to me or SajeOne so that they can actually be fixed.
    Post by: Wunderful on October 07, 2014, 11:30:25 pm
    $1000 dollars for first prize? Holy cow, that is a LOT!

Too bad I already started my winter map. :/ Will you be uploading videos of all entries or just the top three?

Good luck to all the contestants!

EDIT: Just realized I read the OP wrong, you can have revealed your map to the public just not released it. Still, my map is not really Christmas themed, just snowy. I guess I could add a few things to make it a little more Christmas-y.
    Post by: arceus on October 08, 2014, 12:34:40 am
    • Maps must be new projects and not a pre-existing WIP, to ensure that the contest is fair.
    look again wunderful
    Post by: JBird632 on October 08, 2014, 04:19:01 am
    Are sounds such as "Ho Ho Ho" allowed - I have a pretty cool idea, and it would kinda be odd with out this.
    Post by: treminaor on October 08, 2014, 04:27:52 am
    Are sounds such as "Ho Ho Ho" allowed - I have a pretty cool idea, and it would kinda be odd with out this.
    Sound Effects like that are not in the YouTube copyright system because they are not copywritten music owned by a music label, so there shouldn't be any worry with sound effects as far as I am aware.
    Post by: BraXi on October 08, 2014, 01:40:27 pm
    Oh hello, everybody! It appears it's my first post here so letme introduce first - I'm BraXi, author of CoD4 Deathrun Mod and a guy who helped developing CoD Reign of The Undead Mod, I also like mapping and doing 'things&stuff' , oh and I hate zombies... that's why I'm killing them all ::)

Looks like I've finally found a SERIOUS mapping competition so it's time to dust of Radiant, install CoD:WaW and enter competition  :accepted:

Good luck to everybody participating! :D

Here are some screenshots from my previous projects http://imgur.com/a/cRis6 (http://imgur.com/a/cRis6) (sorry but some are from diferent map versions and often a WIP)

Edit: I've got some questions regarding map design
    1. are we allowed to manipulate weather and time (day/night cycle)?
    2. can environment be destroyable?
    3. Can I skip adding perks and purchaseable doors? I've got an idea for map but these 2 things conflict with it, I'd tell more about why I prefeer to not include them, but then my map wouldn't be a suprise  :accepted:

and can we use music we've got right for (for example a friend makes ambient sound/music for my map)?
    Post by: timelordalex on October 08, 2014, 01:57:56 pm

3. Can I skip adding perks and weapon purchases and doors? I've got an idea for map but these 3 things conflict with it. Don't worry, I think it will still be fun :)

Shedding light on the idea, may give you more of a definitive answer.
    Post by: nikzaks on October 08, 2014, 02:16:31 pm
    Oh hello, everybody! It appears it's my first post here so letme introduce first - I'm BraXi, author of CoD4 Deathrun Mod and a guy who helped developing CoD Reign of The Undead Mod, I also like mapping and doing 'things&stuff' , oh and I hate zombies... that's why I'm killing them all ::)

Looks like I've finally found a SERIOUS mapping competition so it's time to dust of Radiant, install CoD:WaW and enter competition  :accepted:

Here are some screenshots from my previous projects http://imgur.com/a/cRis6 (http://imgur.com/a/cRis6) (sorry but some are from diferent map versions and often a WIP)

3. Can I skip adding perks and purchaseable doors? I've got an idea for map but these 2 things conflict with it, I'd tell more about why I prefeer to not include them, but then my map wouldn't be a suprise  :accepted:

and can we use music we've got right for (for example a friend makes ambient sound/music for my map)?

Spoiler: click to open...
    (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FQ0p0Pck.jpg&hash=ad22a59a6581703f52ef941ba51ab9ec1edbee58)
    Cool test.
    Post by: BraXi on October 08, 2014, 02:25:49 pm
    Shedding light on the idea, may give you more of a definitive answer.

I'd like to have my map story (read: objectives) driven, with a good and bad ending, i think I'll let players purchase something inbetween waves, just not sure if I should add perks. Sadly, I cannot tell more  8)
    Post by: treminaor on October 08, 2014, 02:40:55 pm
    Welcome to the site!

1. You are allowed to make it whatever weather and time you want, but keep in mind the recommendations that Gunns4Hire wrote in the first topic, which suggest not making the map dark or foggy because it will look bad after YouTube converts their video and screws around with the colors - which will affect your score.
    2. Yes
    3. I really suggest you don't skip adding perks and doors. Those things are key elements of CoDWAW Zombies and I would imagine that leaving them out will kill your score. I certainly would not bother playing a map that was listed as not having perks or purchasable doors if I were browsing maps on the forum.
    Post by: pashan on October 08, 2014, 03:27:32 pm

I won't be having perks in my map, i will be having another way of earning them  8) same with the doors
    Post by: treminaor on October 08, 2014, 03:37:17 pm
    I won't be having perks in my map, i will be having another way of earning them  8) same with the doors
    I think he was suggesting that he wouldn't have perks at all, not that he was not going to have the machines for them. But maybe I misunderstood.
    Post by: timelordalex on October 08, 2014, 03:43:16 pm
    I'd like to have my map story (read: objectives) driven, with a good and bad ending, i think I'll let players purchase something inbetween waves, just not sure if I should add perks. Sadly, I cannot tell more  8)

do you mean no perks at all or just the inability to buy them? i think we should be able to get them in some way or form
    Post by: MechromancerX on October 08, 2014, 04:16:01 pm
    Um, I'm not going to lie. Giving $1000 to a charity is a complete waste. Fact: 99% of the money you give is going to go into the pockets of the people who run the charity. It would actually be a wiser investment to buy an iPhone. At least if you buy the iPhone you are keeping the starving children in China employed for another 30 minutes. Boom!

Or you could invest the money in a charity close at your home, you don't have to go far, not everyone in the first world has a good life like us.
    Post by: Cold_banana on October 08, 2014, 04:17:47 pm
    I think you should half the prize amounts for this competition and hold another one with another theme after this one with the rest of the money. That way there will be more maps more winners and every one is happy
    Post by: Ramiabdh on October 08, 2014, 04:32:08 pm
    You guys, I mean the team members, have any map in mind to release in the contest, I'm really curious to know ::)
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 08, 2014, 04:34:13 pm
    I think you should half the prize amounts for this competition and hold another one with another theme after this one with the rest of the money. That way there will be more maps more winners and every one is happy

No need to half anything. If enough people participate in this contest, there is a good chance there will be another, with the same amount or even more prizes. We love the zombie community and we'll do anything to keep it alive and thriving.
    Post by: GTTClan on October 08, 2014, 04:42:33 pm
    I'm in this Gunns. Thank you for this opportunity.
    I'm still working on Meats house but I guess I'll put it aside for a bit if I have too.
    Let's do this >:D I'm so hyped right now!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 08, 2014, 05:00:22 pm
    I'm in this Gunns. Thank you for this opportunity.
    I'm still working on Meats house but I guess I'll put it aside for a bit if I have too.
    Let's do this >:D I'm so hyped right now!

Awesome man, put your growing skills to work.
    Post by: Alerion on October 08, 2014, 05:02:57 pm
    Are you supposed to sign up before or after the 11th?
    I should have asked this beforehand ::)
    Post by: arceus on October 08, 2014, 05:04:14 pm
    last night i thought and completely changed my idea for my map, and many features that haven't popped up in very many maps, and some that have never been in any maps. I plan to give you experienced people a run for your money. :lied:
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 08, 2014, 05:08:48 pm
    Are you supposed to sign up before or after the 11th?
    I should have asked this beforehand ::)

Well, it's so close to the start date, so it really doesn't matter I guess. It was supposed to be Sat, Oct 11, but obviously, once we announced this contest it is highly probable that people already started working. Start your WIP in the forums on Sat, but you can send me an email whenever.
    Post by: BraXi on October 08, 2014, 05:14:21 pm
    do you mean no perks at all or just the inability to buy them? i think we should be able to get them in some way or form

Well, at first I didn't want to add any perks at all but after playing some zombie maps and reading suggestions I decided to add some :)
    Post by: Ramiabdh on October 08, 2014, 05:15:56 pm
    So you guys will recieve how many maps before the deadline, and you will try all out ??? And can someone submit the map just when the compitition day start?
    Post by: MrSlagovich on October 08, 2014, 05:21:25 pm
    Can't wait to see all the awesome maps that will come out of this, love christmas maps like the old UGX Christmas map! good luck everyone!
    Post by: MechromancerX on October 08, 2014, 06:02:01 pm
    Can gun names cause trouble with copyright?
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 08, 2014, 06:13:36 pm
    The part after what you copy/pasted also says you can install the mod manually if you prefer, so stop whining and actually try to help yourself.

Alien text is not a problem with your tools or your map, it is due to not following directions for compiling and can be fixed in seconds by simply compiling your mod.ff and running UGX Project Mover.

No one has posted or expressed any concerns with the new script placer yet, so please forward any problems to me or SajeOne so that they can actually be fixed.

Bahaha ya its very simple. .... Took me 15 sec. Lol your friend must not know how to read because its the easiest thing iv ever done 
    Post by: timelordalex on October 08, 2014, 06:30:04 pm
    Can't wait to see all the awesome maps that will come out of this, love christmas maps like the old UGX Christmas map! good luck everyone!

submit your christmas map in with v1.1 :L

In all seriousness though, if you could it'd be nice to see a christmas map from you guys and the one you have with v1.1 would do me, unless you plan on adding a christmas theme again to Requiem like last year :L
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 08, 2014, 07:15:14 pm
    Can gun names cause trouble with copyright?

No, not to my knowledge or experience. Only music as YouTube has an algorithm that searches for music
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 08, 2014, 07:16:16 pm
    Bahaha ya its very simple. .... Took me 15 sec. Lol your friend must not know how to read because its the easiest thing iv ever done

Took me whole day and I got all the errors I can get possibly from it  >:(
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 08, 2014, 07:53:14 pm
    I believe I broke your record, 5 seconds.
    Post by: treminaor on October 08, 2014, 09:25:55 pm
    You guys, I mean the team members, have any map in mind to release in the contest, I'm really curious to know ::)
    If you mean UGX, then no I don't think we will be doing anything because it would be a conflict of interest to enter into a contest we are hosting on our own site. Also even if we had permission to do so I would rather concentrate on getting v1.1 and Requiem out as soon as possible rather than distract myself with another project.
    Post by: jei9363 on October 09, 2014, 12:23:47 am
    guess I'll whip up something for this  ;)
    Post by: treminaor on October 09, 2014, 12:25:04 am
    guess I'll whip up something for this  ;)
    Awesome :)
    Post by: jzob1234 on October 09, 2014, 12:25:19 am
    diffidently entering it

ps good luck to all  ;)
    Post by: GTTClan on October 09, 2014, 02:41:00 am
    So question, I read the rules over and over just incase. I don't want to be disqualified.
    BUT theres one thing I'm not understanding,
    You said to someone and in your description, "Don't Leak the maps"
    Then you also stated "to make a WIP section an update people on the map"
    So does that mean ONLY TEXT? Like we can't show them videos of how it's going or... Pictures?
    Post by: treminaor on October 09, 2014, 02:57:51 am
    So question, I read the rules over and over just incase. I don't want to be disqualified.
    So does that mean ONLY TEXT? Like we can't show them videos of how it's going or... Pictures?
    No, it means don't leak the map files to anyone else because they might make footage and upload it to YouTube, which will disqualify you. If you trust the people you send it to then it doesnt matter, but you're putting your contest entry in their hands if you do that, so to speak.
    Post by: pashan on October 09, 2014, 03:52:24 am
    Will u be releasing a list of people who have entered, (i would like to know who im up against  8) )
    Post by: treminaor on October 09, 2014, 03:54:22 am
    Will u be releasing a list of people who have entered, (i would like to know who im up against  8) )
    People are required to post a WIP for their entry, so that's how you'll know.
    Post by: pashan on October 09, 2014, 04:00:19 am
    People are required to post a WIP for their entry, so that's how you'll know.

Is it okay if i release a WIP in like 2 weeks, because i haven't had time to work on it yet.
    Post by: treminaor on October 09, 2014, 04:05:56 am
    Is it okay if i release a WIP in like 2 weeks, because i haven't had time to work on it yet.
    I won't apply the normal WIP rules about having pictures etc, feel free to post a topic as a placeholder and then just not update it until you're ready.
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 09, 2014, 04:42:06 am

When I said "don't leak the maps" I am referring to the physical map file to run and play it. Not images, else what would be the point of a WIP, right? :)
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 09, 2014, 05:45:39 am
    Hey gunns4hire I emailed you if you could take a look just want to make sure you received it
    Post by: IHammY/ on October 09, 2014, 12:01:17 pm
    I just noticed something about the rules of this competition that bugged me:
    -not allowed to share with the public or any other party

In my oppinon it makes sense to have other people than you (the maker) testing the map. I´m thinking about like a couple of friends. That should be fine as long as they dont make videos on it of share it shouldnt it?
    Post by: steviewonder87 on October 09, 2014, 12:14:24 pm
    I just noticed something about the rules of this competition that bugged me:
    -not allowed to share with the public or any other party

In my oppinon it makes sense to have other people than you (the maker) testing the map. I´m thinking about like a couple of friends. That should be fine as long as they dont make videos on it of share it shouldnt it?

If you trust the people you send it to then it doesnt matter, but you're putting your contest entry in their hands if you do that, so to speak.
    Post by: IHammY/ on October 09, 2014, 12:39:36 pm

thanks alot :D
    Post by: pashan on October 09, 2014, 03:25:55 pm
    Hey gunns4hire I emailed you if you could take a look just want to make sure you received it

same
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 09, 2014, 04:50:11 pm

Got it :)

Double Post Merge: October 09, 2014, 04:51:42 pm
    same

What's your email address? I'll check
    Post by: Dust on October 09, 2014, 05:04:20 pm
    Sent you a email Gunns.
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 09, 2014, 05:26:03 pm
    Yes, I got the mod working, Im definitely joining now :D
    Post by: pashan on October 09, 2014, 05:40:02 pm
    What's your email address? I'll check

my email has pashan in it. Just so people don't spam me it is like this format

[email protected]
    Post by: Dust on October 09, 2014, 05:51:28 pm

[email protected]

You realize that your email is on your profile right? So everyone could look at it lol.

nvm, I think it only shows for moderators. ignore everything I said then
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 09, 2014, 05:55:45 pm
    My mail is ray1235@______
    Post by: JR-Imagine on October 09, 2014, 05:56:58 pm
    I've been thinking of entering but I can in no way guarantee being able to finish the map in time cause I'm busy with other things too. :/

You realize that your email is on your profile right? So everyone could look at it lol.
    Email addresses aren't public to regular members by default, the user has to allow others to see his email address.
    Post by: eliudjb on October 09, 2014, 06:31:37 pm
    I've been thinking of entering but I can in no way guarantee being able to finish the map in time cause I'm busy with other things too. :/

No JR, Rise V2 doesn't count :troll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Post by: Rollonmath42 on October 09, 2014, 09:39:03 pm
    Just in case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM regarding what I might do GUNNS4HIRE.
    Post by: treminaor on October 09, 2014, 09:40:09 pm
    Just in case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM regarding what I might do GUNNS4HIRE.
    I think you're supposed to email him like it says in the OP.
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 09, 2014, 11:14:39 pm

[email protected]

Yup, got it :)
    Post by: Alerion on October 10, 2014, 07:23:28 pm
    Please stop asking about a confirmation that your mail/PM has been received. Just make your topics tomorrow, if something went wrong (what is very unlikely) it'll be noticed and you'll be able to re-send it.
    Post by: treminaor on October 10, 2014, 07:55:30 pm
    2014 Zombie Map Contest ★ Call of Duty Zombies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyWRZNJSjF8#ws)

This board is now open to new WIP topic posts.
    Post by: jei9363 on October 10, 2014, 08:41:06 pm
    ah cram here we go
    Post by: timelordalex on October 10, 2014, 09:22:41 pm
    its not the 11th yet though?!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on October 10, 2014, 10:47:27 pm
    its not the 11th yet though?!

Post by: KDXDARK on October 11, 2014, 12:13:09 am
    what i need send in the e-mail? somebody can give me a example. thanks
    Post by: treminaor on October 11, 2014, 12:20:46 am
    what i need send in the e-mail? somebody can give me a example. thanks
    It says in the first post what you need to send in the email - just your forum name and a short message that says "I will be participating in this contest"
    Post by: idogftw on October 11, 2014, 05:39:25 pm
    Can we make leaker/trailer videos?
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 11, 2014, 06:45:35 pm
    any chance there could put a zip or something with snow textures and stuff for us users who only have WaW (just asking dont be a hater)
    Post by: jei9363 on October 11, 2014, 07:32:30 pm
    any chance there could put a zip or something with snow textures and stuff for us users who only have WaW (just asking dont be a hater)

just get them from google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34))
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 11, 2014, 07:35:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34))
    i would but what resoulution would i use and how do i use the converter to convert the jpeg image to a iwi (could i just copy the ugx load screen gdt)

Double Post Merge: October 11, 2014, 07:48:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0mNrTwq34&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbX0mNrTwq34))
    never mind i got it working
    Post by: MrTombone8 on October 11, 2014, 11:57:43 pm
    This might be my time to finally make a map
    (warning map will contain very high vert count)
    Post by: mrpeanut188 on October 12, 2014, 06:17:41 am
    I can't resist this, already working on my map and it's getting a bit repetitive as all the hallways and rooms feel all the same to map... I think working on a small map on this just for fun and not a cash prize would be something fun to do and help my map in the process.
    Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 06:25:04 am
    I can't resist this, already working on my map and it's getting a bit repetitive as all the hallways and rooms feel all the same to map... I think working on a small map on this just for fun and not a cash prize would be something fun to do and help my map in the process.
    can't hurt ;)
    Post by: mrpeanut188 on October 12, 2014, 06:26:31 am
    can't hurt ;)
    Yeah, looking at Radi's map WIP I can safely say I'm not going to win this anyways. But whatever, it's supposed to be fun right. Supposed to. Then again, money is fucking amazing.
    Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 06:33:23 am
    Yeah, looking at Radi's map WIP I can safely say I'm not going to win this anyways. But whatever, it's supposed to be fun right. Supposed to. Then again, money is fucking amazing.
    lol, yeah true

Isnt the saying "its not about the winning, its about the taking part"?

You never now, you could even land in the top 3 ;)

Post by: treminaor on October 12, 2014, 06:34:25 am
    Read the OP and watch some of YAW's videos - it's about fun primarily, not having the best looking map necessarily.
    Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 06:36:48 am
    Yeah, 40 points for "fun factor" i believe right?

Cant wait to try some of these maps. Some of em sound awesome, especially if the primary focus is on having fun

what more could you ask for ;)
    Post by: RadimaX on October 12, 2014, 03:18:04 pm
    peanut :P just because there is a work in progress does not mean i will finish it in time, or maby i forget to submit? heck, maby its just a fancy looking box at the end!

anything could happen but i just saw like hundred maps being started so did not wanna feel left out and took part of it to get me in the christmas spirit hehe its about having fun mapping afterall, atleast for me thats the best part (A) <3
    Post by: GTTClan on October 12, 2014, 04:49:43 pm
    Read the OP and watch some of YAW's videos - it's about fun primarily, not having the best looking map necessarily.

You can tell by the old LifeWithNiels house map I created that it's all about the fun. They enjoyed that map a lot because they related to there surroundings which made it fun. :)
    Post by: bigkittyjr on October 12, 2014, 11:15:35 pm
    Is there a rule against being a no life about this contest and submitting more than one map?
    Post by: treminaor on October 12, 2014, 11:40:41 pm
    Is there a rule against being a no life about this contest and submitting more than one map?
    No there is not a rule against that.
    Post by: treminaor on October 13, 2014, 05:55:30 am
    This board is now set to "reply-only", which means users can only reply to existing topics and can no longer create new WIP topics.

The period for creating your WIP topic for the contest has now passed. If you missed the deadline and would like to post your WIP topic, please contact YouAlwaysWin via this topic or via email to discuss your situation.
    Post by: RadimaX on October 13, 2014, 07:19:06 am
    Is there a rule against submitting more than one map?

bigkittyjr, The more the marrier :D hehe keep em coming!
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 13, 2014, 07:33:23 am
    Too late now  ;D the list is set to reply only as Trem said above. And I'm sure they would rather you make one map twice as nice vs 2 mederoker maps
    Post by: jei9363 on October 13, 2014, 12:06:41 pm
    so I have labs that deal in manufacturing the cardboard boxes and gift wrap. Am I allowed to have IN-GAME video of How-Its-Made episodes on the walls?

http://youtu.be/8i3riKvCYkM (http://youtu.be/8i3riKvCYkM)

if you remember bbf2

http://youtu.be/DzIprHiJILA?list=UUKGHgJwy4P1xlvTSb7kSlrw (http://youtu.be/DzIprHiJILA?list=UUKGHgJwy4P1xlvTSb7kSlrw)

there wont be audio
    Post by: arceus on October 13, 2014, 01:02:37 pm
    I would like to compete in this competition but i hadn't created a WIP yet ( :'() because I as of now don't have any Pics to show what i have done. I have already installed ugx and i didn't realize that making new topics would be disabled to make one this Wednesday could i please be able to compete?
    Post by: treminaor on October 13, 2014, 03:59:37 pm
    I would like to compete in this competition but i hadn't created a WIP yet ( :'() because I as of now don't have any Pics to show what i have done. I have already installed ugx and i didn't realize that making new topics would be disabled to make one this Wednesday could i please be able to compete?
    Pics are not even required to start a WIP for the competition. As I've mentioned multiple times the normal rules of WIP topics do not apply for this contest. I'm sure you have seen other WIPs which were posted without pictures before the deadline passed, you should have done the same.

PM me your mapname and a couple sentences of description/features and I will add your WIP to the section for you and give you permission to edit it.
    Post by: arceus on October 13, 2014, 04:02:28 pm
    Pics are not even required to start a WIP for the competition. As I've mentioned multiple times the normal rules of WIP topics do not apply for this contest. I'm sure you have seen other WIPs which were posted without pictures before the deadline passed, you should have done the same.

PM me your mapname and a couple sentences of description/features and I will add your WIP to the section for you and give you permission to edit it.
    ok, thanks sorry i hadn't rely noticed it any (but one) which i hadn't view until today and i didn't see were you had stated that. but thanks ill PM you in about a 5-10 minutes.
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 13, 2014, 06:46:58 pm
    am i allowed to coop test this with a friend or is that part if this rule
    Map downloads must NOT be made available to the public, or any other party, until YouAlwaysWin has played and posted the related video on their YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/YouAlwaysWin (http://www.youtube.com/user/YouAlwaysWin)).
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 13, 2014, 06:59:10 pm
    am i allowed to coop test this with a friend or is that part if this rule

Anyone else cant make vids nor make download public, but you can test with friends
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 13, 2014, 07:32:55 pm
    Anyone else cant make vids nor make download public, but you can test with friends

thanks this helped me alot cause i have had maps before that didnt launch in coop but did in solo and i didnt want that to happen to this map
    Post by: Dust on October 14, 2014, 01:50:31 am
    Why can't I create a new topic? I have my map started just didn't get around to posting pics.

Edit: just saw arcues's post, can I do the same?

PM Trem and see if he will let you create a WIP
    Post by: Yonkers 1v on October 14, 2014, 02:17:38 am
    i'm glad this competition happened, it forced me to team up with a mapper i been meaning to make a map with a its already lots of fun working together vs alone. :D
    Post by: bigkittyjr on October 14, 2014, 02:28:04 am
    Who is this mystery mapper?
    Post by: Yonkers 1v on October 14, 2014, 07:01:34 am
    Who is this mystery mapper?

IMTEHPRO123 :D this is both our second map, but we have been both working really hard on it.
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 14, 2014, 10:52:56 am
    hahaha you all have something to worry about  :-X :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Post by: timelordalex on October 14, 2014, 08:58:03 pm
    It's so good to see so many map entries here, plenty of maps keep us occupied over the christmas period. I can't remember how many people entered the first contest on here last year, but it wasnt as many as this i know
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 14, 2014, 09:13:01 pm
    I guess u could say money is a hell of a motivation lol and people that were new this time last year (me) fell more confident lol
    Post by: HitmanVere on October 15, 2014, 12:40:29 pm
    What is meant by glaring issues? I didnt get that part
    Post by: arceus on October 15, 2014, 01:01:23 pm
    What is meant by glaring issues? I didnt get that part
    issues that are extremely prominent in the map that are up in your face, like a invisible piece of terrain patch in the middle of a map, or so I'm guessing :D
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 15, 2014, 03:37:03 pm
    why cant i modify my forum thread/topic for my map any more
    Post by: Dust on October 15, 2014, 03:39:59 pm
    why cant i modify my forum thread/topic for my map any more

With this new system a moderator has to do it for you until you get 20 posts. PM me the modified topic and I will change it for you
    Post by: infinitetech on October 16, 2014, 07:40:42 am
    The contest is still open for those of us whom are late right?
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 16, 2014, 04:01:04 pm
    Here are some tutorials for the people who are new to UGX Mod:
    http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4403 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4403)
    http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4400 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4400)
    Post by: CanadianTyler on October 17, 2014, 11:56:39 am
    Here are some tutorials for the people who are new to UGX Mod:
    http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4403 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4403)
    http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4400 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4400)

Thanks a lot :)
    Post by: jei9363 on October 19, 2014, 06:15:26 pm
    does music from COD titles count as custom music? Origins round sounds? and ambiance like wind?
    Post by: treminaor on October 19, 2014, 06:30:58 pm
    does music from COD titles count as custom music? Origins round sounds? and ambiance like wind?
    Only licensed music that would be recognized by YouTube's system is not allowed.
    Post by: KDXDARK on October 19, 2014, 06:34:09 pm
    can we post trailers of the map?
    Post by: jei9363 on October 19, 2014, 07:59:10 pm
    can we post trailers of the map?

I hope this is allowed. because its not like its gameplay. maybe have it so you send them the trailer and they put it on their channel?
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 19, 2014, 08:00:58 pm
    Only licensed music that would be recognized by YouTube's system is not allowed.
    Unless it's controlled by the music slider, right?
    Post by: treminaor on October 19, 2014, 08:09:42 pm
    Unless it's controlled by the music slider, right?
    What would be the point of putting it in at all if the judges are not going to hear it... waste of time.
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 19, 2014, 08:12:40 pm
    What would be the point of putting it in at all if the judges are not going to hear it... waste of time.
    Have you ever heard of a YouTuber who always play games with music turned down whenether he streams or not?
    Post by: treminaor on October 19, 2014, 08:13:29 pm
    Have you ever heard of a YouTuber who always play games with music turned down whenether he streams or not?
    Huh? YAW turns the slider off and they don't ever stream, so again there is no point here.
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 19, 2014, 11:09:35 pm
    Huh? YAW turns the slider off and they don't ever stream, so again there is no point here.
    Lol  :lol:
    Just put music in after they judge it .... Not like this copy you make for them is released to public. Just make this one for them only. Not hard ...
    Post by: jzob1234 on October 20, 2014, 01:14:52 am
    why cant i post the map wip?  ???
    Post by: arceus on October 20, 2014, 01:23:37 am
    This board is now set to "reply-only", which means users can only reply to existing topics and can no longer create new WIP topics.

The period for creating your WIP topic for the contest has now passed. If you missed the deadline and would like to post your WIP topic, please contact YouAlwaysWin via this topic or via email to discuss your situation.
    this is why^
    Post by: treminaor on October 20, 2014, 02:23:39 am
    why cant i post the map wip?  ???
    PM me the map title and at least one sentence about the map and I will put it in the WIP section for you.
    Post by: MechromancerX on October 20, 2014, 09:51:44 pm
    There was an asset pack that was going to be released?  ::)
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 20, 2014, 10:32:40 pm
    I believe it said maybe
    Post by: jjbradman on October 27, 2014, 07:31:25 am
    Post by: treminaor on October 27, 2014, 07:32:53 am
    Seriously if you guys can't be assed to find the models from CoD4 yourself then I worry for you.
    Post by: jjbradman on October 27, 2014, 07:37:47 am
     :(
    Post by: DeletedUser on October 27, 2014, 07:48:48 am
    Just grab models from BO1 summit
    Post by: steviewonder87 on November 12, 2014, 11:51:37 pm
    There will be at least 3 Cash Prizes available to be won:

Been meaning to ask, does this mean that 4th, 5th place, etc. could also possibly win money too?  ???
    Post by: n122q45 on November 13, 2014, 12:27:22 am
    Been meaning to ask, does this mean that 4th, 5th place, etc. could also possibly win money too?  ???
    you need to find out since thats going to be one of the places ur in :P
    Post by: arceus on November 13, 2014, 12:43:51 am
    SHOTS FIRED!!!
    Post by: treminaor on November 13, 2014, 01:16:47 am
    Anything's possible, Meaty and Gunns are very nice guys :)
    Post by: KDXDARK on November 13, 2014, 02:50:51 am
    4- Call of Duty Ghosts
    5- Call of duty Ghosts with full DLC

:troll: :troll: :troll:
    Post by: steviewonder87 on November 13, 2014, 12:18:03 pm

Of course that's a possibilty, then again we could come last and still finish higher than you, Mr 'the best thing I've done in WAW is stuck 124 squids into a test map'.... :P
    Post by: HitmanVere on November 13, 2014, 12:27:53 pm
    Dont know if this will happen, but will all maps get rating and not only top 3 get those?  :derp:
    Havent heard anything about that
    Post by: jei9363 on November 17, 2014, 08:24:31 pm
    if we include an intro cinematic video file with our submission can we request it gets played? because I assume you won't be playing this solo
    Post by: KDXDARK on December 04, 2014, 06:45:53 pm
    can we get 2-4 days? becuase since i got a lot of problems with my map(Old Factory) i have to create a new one 2 weeks ago and i dont know if it will be finished for this saturday because i have a few bugs that i need to fix, with only 2 more days i done the map.
    Post by: JBird632 on December 05, 2014, 06:25:05 am
    Snowglobe is now submitted!
    Can't wait to see the gameplay of all the maps leading up to Christmas.
    Post by: treminaor on December 05, 2014, 07:07:14 am
    Snowglobe is now submitted!
    Can't wait to see the gameplay of all the maps leading up to Christmas.
    Congrats on turning it in early. I know a lot of people are scrambling to make the deadline in a couple days, so I bet it feels good that you were ready early  ;D
    Post by: DeletedUser on December 05, 2014, 07:46:15 am
    Congrats on turning it in early. I know a lot of people are scrambling to make the deadline in a couple days, so I bet it feels good that you were ready early  ;D
    Mine was submitted two days ago, may I get a congrats too? :D
    Post by: timelordalex on December 05, 2014, 09:40:41 pm
    so obviously all maps must be submitted by tomorrow, but will maps be released like daily or all in bulk on one day?
    Post by: Dust on December 05, 2014, 09:52:27 pm
    so obviously all maps must be submitted by tomorrow, but will maps be released like daily or all in bulk on one day?

Depends on when YAW releases the videos for the maps, once they upload a video of the map then i am sure that map can be released at any time
    Post by: jei9363 on December 05, 2014, 10:31:21 pm
    North Company has been submitted. cant wait to see people take on the undead labor force of elves!

will we get a confirmation email that the map was downloaded successfully? I mean its media-fire but idk
    Post by: timelordalex on December 06, 2014, 01:45:53 pm
    It is now the 6th December, bring on the next 19 days till Christmas
    Post by: tomikaze on December 06, 2014, 03:07:20 pm
    ^ Yep, hungry for some Christmas slaughter  :D
    Post by: HitmanVere on December 06, 2014, 03:40:01 pm
    It is now the 6th December, bring on the next 19 days till Christmas

^ Yep, hungry for some Christmas slaughter  :D

"On the first day of christmas my true love (UGX) gave to me:
     -1. JBirds map
     -2. Jeis map
     -3. Rays map
     -4. Braxis map
     -5. Hit and Eges map
    And the rest in the end"

(Wasnt bothered to put all contesters here :D)
    Post by: BraXi on December 06, 2014, 06:29:26 pm
    "On the first day of christmas my true love (UGX) gave to me:
     -1. JBirds map
     -2. Jeis map
     -3. Rays map
     -4. Braxis map
     -5. Hit and Eges map
    And the rest in the end"

(Wasnt bothered to put all contesters here :D)

Well, according to the spirit of "you allways win', I'm presenting you unofficial results, according to jury made of me and ray, here are the winners: :lol:

1st place - braxi
    2nd place - braxi and ray
    3rd place - ray

We won internets.
    Post by: armedandhamered on December 06, 2014, 06:52:13 pm
    I understand that guns and meaty don't live stream, but I really hope they make an exception for this contest.

I'm really hoping to see more map contest in the future, maybe with a little more time slotted for making their masterpieces. It's crazy to see what you guys have created in such a short period of time I could only imagine what could be done with 3 or 4 months. Perhaps 3 contests a year with 3 or 4 months given to create their maps. I personally plan on making a monthly donation to help with this process and would encourage others (that can) to do the same.

I would also like to wish all mappers the best of luck, I look forward to trying all these maps. Its really amazes me what you guys have been doing with your maps lately and the amount of time and effort you all invest into them. thank you for all the fun filled zombie killing hours you have given me.

My name is armed and hamered and I am addicted to killing zombies! :D :D
    Post by: Wunderful on December 06, 2014, 07:38:40 pm
    PREPARE FOR RAPID INFLUX OF CHRISTMAS MAPS!

Good luck to all the contestants ^_^
    Post by: BraXi on December 06, 2014, 10:27:30 pm
    Santa Raus has been submitted! I will release map and source files package to the public when I can.

Good luck to those who are still working hard to finish their maps and hurry up :)
    Post by: Centric on December 07, 2014, 01:02:01 am
    If just like to say, thank you for having this contest. I've learned so much, and it's been fun every step of the way. I hope you do more of these in the future.

sent!
    Post by: RamboBadass on December 07, 2014, 04:17:42 am
    Sent
    Post by: whippytrout on December 07, 2014, 05:01:42 am
    Submitted my map. Whew that was fun but stressful. I've never been in a contest like this before. Hope to see more.  :D
    Post by: CanadianTyler on December 07, 2014, 05:04:03 am
    My map is still upload #crappyinternet I hope they can take it 5 mins late
    Post by: Dust on December 07, 2014, 05:09:43 am
    Good luck to everyone who entered! Can not wait to see the videos on all the different maps, as well as play them all when they release. I hope YAW does more contests in the future cause I can probably participate in the next one, as I couldn't this time around.
    Post by: timelordalex on December 08, 2014, 12:44:04 pm
    So whats actually happening now? have all maps been submitted? any been played yet?
    Post by: DeletedUser on December 08, 2014, 12:50:31 pm
    So whats actually happening now? have all maps been submitted? any been played yet?
    soon
    Post by: Ramiabdh on December 08, 2014, 01:37:11 pm
    Come on YAW, play them already, it's not like we're so patient and calm for the maps to come out after......
    Post by: Alerion on December 08, 2014, 01:44:23 pm
    Come on YAW, play them already, it's not like we're so patient and calm for the maps to come out after......

You'll need to be a bit more patient. About 25 maps have been submitted and it will take time to test and judge them all.
    Afaik the first videos will be released at the end of the week.
    Post by: DeletedUser on December 08, 2014, 02:30:07 pm
    You'll need to be a bit more patient. About 25 maps have been submitted and it will take time to test and judge them all.
    Afaik the first videos will be released at the end of the week.
    *18 maps
    Post by: Alerion on December 08, 2014, 04:11:50 pm
    *18 maps

Close enough:D
    I just counted every not locked topic on the section.
    Post by: armedandhamered on December 08, 2014, 11:15:25 pm

I was afraid of this they usually only play a map or two on Fridays, and release them on Saturday. I was really hoping they would amp that up for this contest. If there is 18 maps like you say, and there's 18 days left till Christmas,  they should start releasing them today all the way till Christmas. That would be way better then the stupid chocolate calendar my mom use to give me(that was gone by the second day).

just a thought gunns (but an incredibly intelligent one) ;)
    Post by: Dust on December 08, 2014, 11:36:09 pm
    I was afraid of this they usually only play a map or two on Fridays, and release them on Saturday. I was really hoping they would amp that up for this contest. If there is 18 maps like you say, and there's 18 days left till Christmas,  they should start releasing them today all the way till Christmas. That would be way better then the stupid chocolate calendar my mom use to give me(that was gone by the second day).

just a thought gunns (but an incredibly intelligent one) ;)

They upload a zombie video every single day, they only release zombie 1 hour specials on fridays/saturdays, but for this I dont see why they wouldn't release the videos every day, plus once they release the video it is up to the map makers to release the map, and the map makers may not wait till closer to christmas
    Post by: armedandhamered on December 08, 2014, 11:54:35 pm
    They upload a zombie video every single day, they only release zombie 1 hour specials on fridays/saturdays, but for this I dont see why they wouldn't release the videos every day, plus once they release the video it is up to the map makers to release the map, and the map makers may not wait till closer to christmas

Yeah your right, they're releasing them daily lately.
    I should of elaborated that the 1 hour specials are on Fridays, which I assume there going to do for these maps, I just hope their not only going to do them on Fridays.

Meaty and Gunns are hilarious though very G rated, I like there videos way better then ngt.
    Post by: chromastone10 on December 09, 2014, 12:46:13 am

I thought we would have this awesome christmas dlc pack on the 6th but then I realized we have to wait for meety and guns to get their youtube monayyyy before we can play them -_-
    Post by: conn6orsuper117 on December 09, 2014, 10:24:13 pm
    I thought we would have this awesome christmas dlc pack on the 6th but then I realized we have to wait for meety and guns to get their youtube monayyyy before we can play them -_-
    You probably thought that they would upload awesome videos showcasing the maps instead of doing them off camera

NOPE
    Post by: Dust on December 09, 2014, 11:51:37 pm
    You probably thought that they would upload awesome videos showcasing the maps instead of doing them off camera

NOPE

Why wouldn't they upload videos of the maps?
    Post by: Wunderful on December 16, 2014, 12:17:44 am
    Uhh, are any mapmakers actually gonna upload their maps any time soon for us to play? Preferably, before the Christmas season is over? (The ones YAW has already finished playing I mean) :P
    Post by: falumpagus907 on December 16, 2014, 01:57:51 am
    so when do they plan on releasing these?
    Post by: whippytrout on December 16, 2014, 02:56:10 am
    I don't know about everyone else but I plan on releasing my map soon. Definitely before Christmas so keep an eye out.  ;)
    Post by: jjbradman on December 16, 2014, 05:34:56 am
    do YAW guys only play 1 map per day? cause like that christmas will be over before they have finished playing all the maps
    Post by: JBird632 on December 16, 2014, 05:47:04 am
    do YAW guys only play 1 map per day? cause like that christmas will be over before they have finished playing all the maps
    Not even that, they spent 2 days doing that batman map, and had a day off doing the spongebob map. I guess this will be going into the new year...
    Post by: jjbradman on December 16, 2014, 05:50:21 am
    Not even that, they spent 2 days doing that batman map, and had a day off doing the spongebob map. I guess this will be going into the new year...
    ^i agree^
    Post by: treminaor on December 16, 2014, 07:41:18 am
    In their defense it's pretty hard to do a video a day when they got all the content at once on the same day last week. It didn't give them any time to backlog a set of videos to release on days where they don't have time to record/upload new content.

I would imagine they also want to avoid flooding their channel with christmas zombies videos since they are also a Minecraft channel. Just my 2 cents.
    Post by: DeletedUser on December 16, 2014, 10:41:34 am
    If they're actually reviewing maps from latest to earliest, then me and jbird are going to wait a heck load of time for a video.
    Post by: chromastone10 on December 16, 2014, 07:45:10 pm
    I would imagine they also want to avoid flooding their channel with christmas zombies videos since they are also a Minecraft channel. Just my 2 cents.

Well when you host a contest that kinda breaks the rules, im sure 1 month of a few more zombie videos wont hurt anything especially since its a contest, they need to do at least 2 videos a day
    Post by: MrSlagovich on December 17, 2014, 03:26:48 am
    Be patient, the contest will end once YAW have posted all the videos of all the maps and come to final decision on who won the contest. After a map has been fully played on the channel the mapper is then allowed to post the map. If the map isn't posted then that's not YouAlwaysWin's fault, that's on the mapper. The maps they have played already have the go ahead to post the map for public release, the mappers have chosen not to because they want to fix bugs or make it better. Hopefully this clears thing up and good luck to all the map creators involved.
    Post by: jjbradman on December 17, 2014, 04:41:17 am
    I have no doubt that the intentions of YouAlwayWin, also known as GUNNS4HIRE and Meatwagon, are sincere and genuine.
    With that said, I do think that  UGX-MOD staff should require certain terms and conditions before any future contests are permitted. 

YouAlwaysWin, set no timeline for a review period, or for a payment schedule in their contest rules.   With no predefined limits they could split playthrough on each map into 10 parts or more and release one part a day into perpetuity, to maximize revenue.  They could also decide to delay payment into perpetuity because no payment deadline is set by contest rules.

There is also a larger problem with this contest.  The prizes are set high, and as already stated I believe YouAlwayWin will follow through.   I assume no escrow or holding is used as the winners are undetermined at the start of the contest.  However, map makers are investing time and resources upfront  (an opportunity cost), under the promise of future winnings.   It's entirely possible someone throwing this type of contest could run off with the work and never give out prizes.  Would there be fallout from such an action?   Of course, reputations would be damaged, but the larger harm would be distrust and morale to an open community that would not so easily recover.

It might be a good idea to consider these points before future contests.
    lol excelent we can expect at least another 2 videos of that batman map, and winners will be decided next christmas. problem solved
    ps. i also want to play some of the maps like civil nativity, it looked awesome!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on December 17, 2014, 05:08:33 am
    I find the recent posts rather disappointing. Meaty and I are giving over $2000 of our OWN money to map makers, who don't usually make a dime. We thought it would be fun to have a contest with a festive theme, and yet, it seems "tis the season to be"  complaining.

Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs. Once we have posted the videos, we will be making our decision and posting the results within the first 1-2 weeks of January 2015, with all prize amounts sent via paypal once the winners have provided us with their account information.

Let me clear some things up. This contest and the cash prizes are possible as a result of our successful channel on YouTube, which is successful because we know how to make videos and get high views on them. That success has enabled us to throw up $2000 in cash prizes for the members of this community as a way to thank them for making maps that have helped us get to where we are now.

It is NOT effective to spam a channel with multiple videos in the same day, simply because you are impatient, or fail to understand how YouTube works. We will not compromise our methods of creating videos simply because individuals may be impatient.

By all means, if you are unsatisfied with above information and wish to withdraw from the contest, please email me at [email protected] .

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:17:46 am
    lol excelent we can expect at least another 2 videos of that batman map, and winners will be decided next christmas. problem solved
    ps. i also want to play some of the maps like civil nativity, it looked awesome!

If you are unhappy, you may withdraw from the contest at any time. Just send an email to the address provided in the contest rules. 

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:24:02 am

That "youtube monayyyy" is what is paying for the contest prizes. Tell you what, you send me $2000 of your own money to cover the prizes and I'll be more than happy to tell the map makers to release every map to the public right now. Deal?
    Post by: jjbradman on December 17, 2014, 05:29:23 am

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:17:46 am
    If you are unhappy, you may withdraw from the contest at any time. Just send an email to the address provided in the contest rules. 

Double Post Merge: December 17, 2014, 05:24:02 am
    i was just joking on that comment that kind of said the contest would never see its send cause there wasnt "rules" on that. sorry for being sarcastic if it made you feel disappointed
    Post by: treminaor on December 17, 2014, 07:14:11 am
    I do not speak on behalf of YouAlwaysWin, but I do speak on behalf of the staff on this site and would like to take a moment to respond to the concerns that gr00t has directed towards the staff on this site. Also, please note that "UGX-MOD staff" is not the correct terminology to use. Please refer to us as the site staff, UGX staff, forum staff, or similar.

UGX-MOD staff should perform due diligence to protect the community and mappers investing their time regardless if it was a contest with prizes offered by YouAlwaysWin, or another Youtube channel.   Should any contest run amok, it could destroy long term contributions to this community.
    If we did not trust and believe in YouAlwaysWin to follow through with this contest then we would not have sponsored it. Out reputation is put on the line when we choose to sponsor anything, and we would not jeopardize that reputation by putting our trust in untrustworthy people.

Treminaor and staff need to consider the worst possible outcome of any contest and try to set terms and conditions for any contest that protect the mappers and the community.
    Protect them from what exactly? What is the worst possible outcome of this contest? What terms and conditions would be appropriate? The mappers still own their maps and could release them at any time if they want to remove themselves from the contest. They have lost nothing by participating. In fact, they would lose more from withdrawing at this stage then by simply waiting for the contest to be finished, since they would be forfeiting their chances at winning any prizes.

The rules of this contest were written by YouAlwaysWin, not the UGX staff. The contest belongs to and is managed solely by YouAlwaysWin. The UGX-Mods website is simply sponsoring and supporting this contest by promoting it to our community, and helping manage the WIP/submission process via the use of our forum/site.

The contest was presented as a Christmas contest.  Dates for contest start and final submission were stated.   No dates were communicated publicly stating YouAlwaysWin's schedule for reviewing maps,  a deadline by which all maps would be reviewed, a stated date to announce prize winners, or a date when prizes would be awarded.
    How could they possibly provide dates for ANY of that when they didn't even know how many maps would be submitted? What if they received 25 working maps? What if they had only received 10? Now that YouAlwaysWin know how many maps they will need to play, Gunns4Hire came here and publicly gave a timeframe for when he expects his channel to be finished with submissions. In my opinion it is ridiculous to expect any more than that from them.

Mappers and members of this community may have assumed that the contest would be completely finished before Christmas Day to allow all maps to be downloaded by this community.   
    So just because they assumed something means it should have happened? If anyone had questions about this then they could have asked it any any time and received an answer.

And to top it all off, you did not even submit a map into this contest. I don't see a reason why you should be the one trying to raise all of these baseless concerns when you don't even have a stake in the contest. I would appreciate if everyone would just back off a bit and let the contest run its course.
    Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 17, 2014, 08:41:56 am
    lol, how about we leave the day to day operations of this site.... to the people that run the site?
    Post by: BluntStuffy on December 17, 2014, 11:12:53 am
    I find the recent posts rather disappointing. Meaty and I are giving over $2000 of our OWN money to map makers, who don't usually make a dime. We thought it would be fun to have a contest with a festive theme, and yet, it seems "tis the season to be"  complaining.

Mweh, just a few people complaining. and not even all serious. They dont speak for the entire community so nothing to be disappointed about i think.
    It's just the internet... No matter what you do, there's Always someone bitching about it..
    Post by: steviewonder87 on December 17, 2014, 11:22:46 am
    Are you a lawyer gr00t?  :o
    Post by: tomikaze on December 17, 2014, 02:32:50 pm
    Holy crap! Gr00t you don't even have a horse in the race and yet you've filled up more forum space than the entire rest of the thread.
    Bro, why don't you try making an impact on the community a little at a time? 22 posts in and you're writing your dissertation on what's wrong with this contest. Baby steps gr00t, baby steps.
    Post by: ShotgunRagtime on December 17, 2014, 09:03:57 pm
    It's hilarious to see how butt-blasted some people are over the dumbest crap. I, for one, am grateful to YAW for hosting this contest, because without it pretty much none of these maps would exist in the first place. And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

Again, the ungratefulness is baffling. Mappers get a HUGE cash prize if they win, and players get a ton of QUALITY maps that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Win-win. Two guys who not only showcase mapper's creations to thousands of people who can't play them who are also laying down 2k of their OWN money to give back (when they've already given enough) to mappers are getting hate. Unbelievable.
    Post by: jei9363 on December 17, 2014, 09:48:05 pm
    Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs.

did this include my map? because I'll release it now if it didnt work for you guys. I tested with 3 new people and it worked for them.. idk whats up with the few that cant play it.

would you consider a solo run if it works for only one of you two?
    Post by: treminaor on December 17, 2014, 09:55:41 pm
    And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

Again, the ungratefulness is baffling. Mappers get a HUGE cash prize if they win, and players get a ton of QUALITY maps that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Win-win. Two guys who not only showcase mapper's creations to thousands of people who can't play them who are also laying down 2k of their OWN money to give back (when they've already given enough) to mappers are getting hate. Unbelievable.
    I agree completely.
    Post by: jjbradman on December 17, 2014, 10:44:07 pm
    I agree completely.
    sorry if im out of topic but,
    trem i miss those nicolas cage profile pics :(
    Post by: gr00t on December 17, 2014, 11:13:41 pm
    It's hilarious to see how butt-blasted some people are over the dumbest crap. I, for one, am grateful to YAW for hosting this contest, because without it pretty much none of these maps would exist in the first place. And if one or two are released after Christmas? Oh well, wouldn't have gotten them anyway if the contest didn't offer the mappers a powerful incentive to break off from their current work to quickly put out some of their best work.

I agree completely.

It's clear the constructive feedback and intent of my posts were missed by many.  I'm disappointed that's your view.   It's also disappointing you felt the need to remove  constructive posts outlining suggestions for future contests, which included an apology to Guns and Meaty, and also a response to your input.   

Maybe the feedback was better reserved for pm or should have been communicated at the end of the contest.  At any rate, it seems someone wants to make me a bogeyman for point out some areas of improvement for future contests.

This will be my last post to this forum.   
    Post by: chromastone10 on December 18, 2014, 12:08:40 am
    That "youtube monayyyy" is what is paying for the contest prizes. Tell you what, you send me $2000 of your own money to cover the prizes and I'll be more than happy to tell the map makers to release every map to the public right now. Deal?

sorry, I didnt mean to sound that rude, Ive just been waiting to play a lot of these maps but none of the map makers have released their maps even after the video was uploaded (which totally isnt your fault) and it is extremely generous of you guys to be giving back to the community, I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole
    Post by: Dust on December 18, 2014, 12:22:34 am
    sorry, I didnt mean to sound that rude, Ive just been waiting to play a lot of these maps but none of the map makers have released their maps even after the video was uploaded (which totally isnt your fault) and it is extremely generous of you guys to be giving back to the community, I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole

Sorry about your friend :(
    Post by: treminaor on December 18, 2014, 12:41:50 am
    It's clear the constructive feedback and intent of my posts were missed by many.  I'm disappointed that's your view.
    Your feedback was not purely constructive in my opinion. Alongside the bits of constructive criticism there was a lot of nay-saying, speculation, and in my opinion defamation that was completely uncalled for and detrimental to the spirit of this contest, as well as those who participated in it. If you do not see that in your feedback then I think you may have misrepresented yourself, at least in my opinion.

It's also disappointing you felt the need to remove  constructive posts outlining suggestions for future contests, which included an apology to Guns and Meaty, and also a response to your input.
    I did not remove that. I did not even notice it was removed until you pointed it out. I have checked the moderation log and it shows that Gunns4Hire removed your apology reply. I would imagine he chose to remove it for the same reasons I gave - it was not in good spirit and brought a lot of unnecessary negativity and controversy to something (and someone) that does not deserve any. I gave both GUNS4HIRE and meatwagon22 temporary post moderation abilities in this board so that they could regulate it as they saw fit, so if they choose to remove a post inside this board then I will allow it.

I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole
    I'm very sorry to hear that, chroma.
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on December 18, 2014, 12:59:38 am

I am sorry for your loss, that is not an easy thing to deal with, and I understand that emotions can run high. No harm done.  I apologize if I came across too harshly in my response, but I was in a bad mood myself.
    Post by: GrantDaddy007 on December 18, 2014, 02:02:23 am

Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs. Once we have posted the videos, we will be making our decision and posting the results within the first 1-2 weeks of January 2015, with all prize amounts sent via paypal once the winners have provided us with their account information.

Let me clear some things up. This contest and the cash prizes are possible as a result of our successful channel on YouTube, which is successful because we know how to make videos and get high views on them. That success has enabled us to throw up $2000 in cash prizes for the members of this community as a way to thank them for making maps that have helped us get to where we are now.

It is NOT effective to spam a channel with multiple videos in the same day, simply because you are impatient, or fail to understand how YouTube works. We will not compromise our methods of creating videos simply because individuals may be impatient.

Please don't think that this is the opinion of everyone on this site... I'm am very grateful/thankful that you guys have taken not only your time but your money as well to help this community grow! 

I had a blast with this contest and I hope you continue to invest and give back as your channel grows and you find success!!!

Thank you again having this contest!!!

Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on December 19, 2014, 04:12:05 pm
    In light of recent comments pertaining to the contest, we have decided to push hard on releasing the remaining Christmas maps on a daily basis (i.e. 1 new map per day) until all submitted maps have been posted on our channel.

We should be completed by or just after Dec 25. Our final decision as to the winners will be made at the end of December  or Early Jan. We need time to review all maps after playing them to fairly determine the winners.

Thank you for your patience.  If I don't speak to you until the final results, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 
    Post by: Wunderful on December 19, 2014, 08:49:38 pm
    In light of recent comments pertaining to the contest, we have decided to push hard on releasing the remaining Christmas maps on a daily basis (i.e. 1 new map per day) until all submitted maps have been posted on our channel.

We should be completed by or just after Dec 25. Our final decision as to the winners will be made at the end of December  or Early Jan. We need time to review all maps after playing them to fairly determine the winners.

The remaining videos or public map releases? Sorry, just a bit unclear on that. Before the contest I was under the impression that you would be releasing each map a short time (like a day) after you released the video on it, but as long as I get to play a few before the Christmas hype has died down, I'll be golden ;)

Thank you for your patience.  If I don't speak to you until the final results, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

You too! :)
    Post by: Dust on December 19, 2014, 08:52:08 pm
    The remaining videos or public map releases? Sorry, just a bit unclear on that. Before the contest I was under the impression that you would be releasing each map a short time (like a day) after you released the video on it, but as long as I get to play a few before the Christmas hype has died down, I'll be golden ;)

He means all the christmas maps uploaded on his channel, the map makers themselves are in charge of releasing the maps after their map has been posted on YAWS channel. Gunns has no say in when the map gets publicly released
    Post by: armedandhamered on December 24, 2014, 02:48:12 pm
    Hey gunns.

I'm very curious to know what maps where submitted, how many you have left to upload and what maps you can't get to work. Any chance you could give us a break down.
    Post by: BraXi on December 26, 2014, 11:24:04 am
    Santa Raus has been released!

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5137.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5137.0)
    Post by: jei9363 on December 26, 2014, 10:44:42 pm
    hey Gunns,

So someone on the forum believes he has found a solution.

"guys if you SERIOUSLY want to play this, heres what i did to fix it

1) Right click on the desktop
    2) click nVidia Control Panel
    3) go into 3d -> Manage 3d settings -> Program settngs
    4) find CodWaW.exe
    5) set "Preferred Graphics Processor" to "Integrated Graphics"
    6) Apply changes
    "

I understand your time is limited but I do believe this is worth a try! Your YouTube audience will definitely love this map!
    Post by: treminaor on December 26, 2014, 10:55:03 pm
    hey Gunns,

So someone on the forum believes he has found a solution.

"guys if you SERIOUSLY want to play this, heres what i did to fix it

1) Right click on the desktop
    2) click nVidia Control Panel
    3) go into 3d -> Manage 3d settings -> Program settngs
    4) find CodWaW.exe
    5) set "Preferred Graphics Processor" to "Integrated Graphics"
    6) Apply changes
    "

I understand your time is limited but I do believe this is worth a try! Your YouTube audience will definitely love this map!
    FYI this is irrelevant to anyone who isn't using an nvidia laptop or has a desktop without an integrated nVidia GPU on the motherboard.
    Post by: BraXi on December 27, 2014, 07:28:37 pm
    FYI this is irrelevant to anyone who isn't using an nvidia laptop or has a desktop without an integrated nVidia GPU on the motherboard.
    Not really, haven't seen built-in nvidia gpu on any mobo for last 8 years, but integrated Intel HD4xxx/5xxx and AMD APUs are capable of running WaW with medium settings.
    Post by: treminaor on December 27, 2014, 07:48:47 pm
    Not really, haven't seen built-in nvidia gpu on any mobo for last 8 years, but integrated Intel HD4xxx/5xxx and AMD APUs are capable of running WaW with medium settings.
    I'm aware of that. I'm saying that nobody could even use his advice unless they had an 8 year old mobo or a crappy integrated laptop.
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 05, 2015, 04:35:28 pm
    Our apologies for the delay. We are working toward picking the winners of the contest, but we had come across 1 last map entry that we missed.  That video will be uploaded today, and a decision will be made this week.  We are hoping to get an announcement video out on the weekend of Jan 10-11. Thanks to everyone who had submitted a map for the contest, and good luck.
    Post by: pashan on January 08, 2015, 07:01:22 pm
    Our apologies for the delay. We are working toward picking the winners of the contest, but we had come across 1 last map entry that we missed.  That video will be uploaded today, and a decision will be made this week.  We are hoping to get an announcement video out on the weekend of Jan 10-11. Thanks to everyone who had submitted a map for the contest, and good luck.

I hope there is another contest!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 09, 2015, 10:58:17 pm
    My apologies for the delay in announcing the winners. I had planned on making a video for this weekend, but am currently on my back because of a pinched nerve.  I will do my best to get a video out next week announcing the winners.
    Post by: JBird632 on January 09, 2015, 11:09:58 pm
    My apologies for the delay in announcing the winners. I had planned on making a video for this weekend, but am currently on my back because of a pinched nerve.  I will do my best to get a video out next week announcing the winners.
    that sucks man, I know exactly what your going through and it's not fun. I ended up doing months of physio until my back was back to normal. Get well soon!
    Post by: GUNNS4HIRE on January 14, 2015, 04:27:03 am
    Thanks for all your patience. Meatwagon and I have made our decisions on the contest map winners. The announcement video will be uploaded to the YouAlwaysWin YouTube channel on Sat, Jan 17. 

We would like to thank each and every map creator for participating in the contest. We'd also like to thank UGX for providing feedback and hosting the contest on this awesome website.

Thanks.
    Post by: CanadianTyler on January 14, 2015, 05:56:32 am
    Thanks for all your patience. Meatwagon and I have made our decisions on the contest map winners. The announcement video will be uploaded to the YouAlwaysWin YouTube channel on Sat, Jan 17. 

We would like to thank each and every map creator for participating in the contest. We'd also like to thank UGX for providing feedback and hosting the contest on this awesome website.

Thanks.

Can't wait to see who won. They were all great maps :)
    Post by: Dust on January 14, 2015, 07:01:37 am

Thanks.

Cant wait to see who won. Hope you guys have more contests in the future, I would love to participate in the next one :D
    Post by: mrshhh on January 16, 2015, 12:05:29 am
    where can we see the winners of this announced??  got a link? or will you make a video about it on youtube?
    Post by: Dust on January 16, 2015, 12:10:35 am
    where can we see the winners of this announced??  got a link? or will you make a video about it on youtube?

on the youalwayswin youtube channel
    Post by: treminaor on January 17, 2015, 04:11:59 pm
    The contest winners have been announced here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411)

This topic is now locked.