Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Der Riese to me has always been a relatively easy map, but they seemed to have made it and im assuming Zombies as a whole ridiculously harder, all i've played so far is The Giant to get the feel of BO3 zombies, i know the map layout and what to expect and yet my first game, all of us died on round 8 (4 of us) its like you cant get one hit from zombies now, its always a double slap and the extra hit to go down makes little difference and even with Jugg its not difficult to get downed not to mention all the zombies are running on round 2, this sort of change from BO2 was unncessary. The Wunderwaffe appears to have been nerfed as it now takes some time to chain to multiple zombies - and because of this i got downed mega early on and lost 3 perks. The second game i got to round 19 - but the only reason is because i got the Wunderwaffe and Ray Gun in a row in a fire sale and fuck me did the Ray Gun save my life so many times. Aside from this rant, the map looks gorgeous - but im disappointed there are no extra perks at all.
Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:18:39 pm by timelordalex
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
but im disappointed there are no extra perks at all.

Actually there is a nice little easter egg which will either add deadshot daiquiri or stamin-up to the map. Here's the videos that explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qum2DsY9nI
Date Registered: 17 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
- It was a clear black night, a clear white moon -
Signature
<3

AnimalLover

Aranda
Aldenrade
Christmas

<3

animallover's Groups
i don't know why people are complaining about zombies this time.. the ranking system and even the gameplay is all new! I love how its so much harder now it makes you afraid of even running zombies. I'm honestly very impressed! but I don't like shadows of evil.. I just cant seem to like it much.. but hey its only been a few hours since release! But I'm super hyped to play it again when I finish work! Runs so nicely on my new graphics card '980' :)

very happy with how it is! :) just takes some getting used to  :rainbow:
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Yeah, I think they did a decent job making it harder this time around, but I just can't seem to be hyped to play the same old map I've already played a million times, again, just with a newer skin on it? I mean, if you'd want to play Der Riese like the Giant, you could just play one of the remakes for Der Riese here on UGX. :please:
Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:40:00 pm by Exofile
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
What about this Nightmare mode I keep hearing about? Is it a separate campaign with zombies or is it just a quick gimmicky game mode that you'll beat in 30 mins. From the little I saw it looks like a lot of fun.
Date Registered: 17 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
- It was a clear black night, a clear white moon -
animallover's Groups
What about this Nightmare mode I keep hearing about? Is it a separate campaign with zombies or is it just a quick gimmicky game mode that you'll beat in 30 mins. From the little I saw it looks like a lot of fun.

Haha it looks great but i'll cross that path when i finish the main story... haha
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I personally really like the Zombie mode so far. Not a huge fan of Multiplayer though. I'll get round to Campaign eventually :please:

I've played more of The Giant than I have of Shadows of Evil so far. I love the new feel and look of Der Riese, even if it IS a remake. I think they've done a good job with it. Shadows of Evil seems to be pretty good so far - I haven't gone too in depth with it, cause I suck :derp: but so far the features are cool, getting the player involved with the map.

The new ranking system for Zombies is questionable though. I preferred it when we could just jump in a lobby and play, but hey, maybe it'll grow on me.
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
I'm unsure of what to think of it.

It's...different...really different.

I'm not saying it is bad, I don't think it is bad but...

I don't know if it's just me but has anyone noticed the sound is severely off? Like, you can hear the MR6's reload sounds better than the actual gunshot! Some guns are extremely silent, especially the LMGs and there is little to no BG music or anything, it makes zombies (especially the giant) feel really empty and desolate (in a bad way).

I have the Xbox One version of BO3 btw.
Date Registered: 27 December 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I am getting the standard BO3 without the Giant map, downloading it now. I like having the classic maps with new ones and although the Giant map is pretty much the same, there are cool features, stamina and badass pistol through EE. I like the 2nd pap, it gives the element to your gun which is quite sweet and gobble gums.

However, this is a pretaste to what's coming IMO. What I am really looking forward to, are the maps through dlc's that we will get which should be quite a lot of content compared to BO2 becuase It looks to me that BO3 follows the spirit of BO1. Remember the resurrection dlc? Entirely zombies dlc, I expect to see something like that for BO3. I liked Moon very much, and the Giant kinda is connected to it, so Moon is coming back too I believe. Along with new maps, more older maps will come back, it's just a question which ones, it depends of the story with the original crew I would think.

I found BO2 to have started poorly with a huge map Tranzit that was frustrating to play, but BO3 starts pretty good with SoE, Giant + Arcade zombies 2 with xp and rank system including Nightmare mode. Rich dlc content + modtools will keep us entertained for years...

I think BO3 will blow away next cod games, I feel a bit sorry for them already but all my cod's are 3arch's anyways. So it is the future content that will judge BO3 and it would be embarrassing for 3arch to disappoint in this episode of their BO trilogy now that they had an extra year. So what you guys think about the future dlc maps?
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
The way I see it, Shadows of Evil is not meant for the average zombies player who just wants to go in and kill zombies. The map is more objective based rather than just mindlessly playing as with previous maps, and if it weren't for the early gameplays, I probably would've been lost in what I was supposed to do in the map. It was definitely made for those who are up for the challenge and will spend the time learning the map beyond just where the perks/box are.

The Giant IMO should've been something everyone received instead of being DLC with season pass/collector's because it would've brought the "balance" I think that BO3 zombies needs at launch: a map for the casual playstyle (The Giant) and a map for those who are up for the challenge (Shadows of Evil). Not much was changed in the map gameplay wise besides randomizing perks, Gobble Gum, and the finished fly trap easter egg, so realistically anyone who is accustomed to the normal gameplay of zombies or played Der Riese before would be able to play without any problems.

One thing I am worried about though is basically playing Mob of the Dead + Origins remake over and over again through the DLC, as Shadows of Evil turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the map especially with the way it combined the elements of those two maps, but it'd honestly be pretty upsetting to see the DLC just turn out to be Shadows of Evil v2, 3, 4 with only different themes each time.

Of course, once mod/map tools comes around, should it support Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer, there will for sure be more of a variety available and the stock/DLC maps won't be as relevant.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
The way I see it, Shadows of Evil is not meant for the average zombies player who just wants to go in and kill zombies. The map is more objective based rather than just mindlessly playing as with previous maps, and if it weren't for the early gameplays, I probably would've been lost in what I was supposed to do in the map. It was definitely made for those who are up for the challenge and will spend the time learning the map beyond just where the perks/box are.

The Giant IMO should've been something everyone received instead of being DLC with season pass/collector's because it would've brought the "balance" I think that BO3 zombies needs at launch: a map for the casual playstyle (The Giant) and a map for those who are up for the challenge (Shadows of Evil). Not much was changed in the map gameplay wise besides randomizing perks, Gobble Gum, and the finished fly trap easter egg, so realistically anyone who is accustomed to the normal gameplay of zombies or played Der Riese before would be able to play without any problems.

One thing I am worried about though is basically playing Mob of the Dead + Origins remake over and over again through the DLC, as Shadows of Evil turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the map especially with the way it combined the elements of those two maps, but it'd honestly be pretty upsetting to see the DLC just turn out to be Shadows of Evil v2, 3, 4 with only different themes each time.

Of course, once mod/map tools comes around, should it support Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer, there will for sure be more of a variety available and the stock/DLC maps won't be as relevant.
Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it. I can't currently can't play BO3 (fuck you, laptop), but, from what I've seen of Nightmares, it looks freaking awesome. Play that if you find SOE too much.
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it. I can't currently can't play BO3 (fuck you, laptop), but, from what I've seen of Nightmares, it looks freaking awesome. Play that if you find SOE too much.

Going off of what I've been told about actual gameplay of Nightmares from people that unlocked it or already beat it, it isn't really worth the time and effort to play. Yeah you get to play with zombies in a non-traditional style of rounds/timed gameplay, but I'd be pretty bored of killing zombies for hours on end to walk from point A to point B. It'd really just be slightly better than playing the Campaign itself. And considering I'd have to play a mode I'm not interested in to just unlock it, it's a useless feature to me.
Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:39:55 pm by Rollonmath42
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Yeh it looks great, surprised it's barely got a mention, they really went all out on the zombie content this time. I just wish they hadn't included the mystery box/powerups and kept the realism aspect all the way through, so it feels completely separate to the actual zombie maps. So we have 2 zombie maps, a whole new zombies campaign thing, all the DLC to come, AND fucking Mod Tools? And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Yeh it looks great, surprised it's barely got a mention, they really went all out on the zombie content this time. I just wish they hadn't included the mystery box/powerups and kept the realism aspect all the way through, so it feels completely separate to the actual zombie maps. So we have 2 zombie maps, a whole new zombies campaign thing, all the DLC to come, AND fucking Mod Tools? And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.

We don't actually know if they will release mod tools. Yeah, it would be incredibly stupid if they didn't but we still just don't know for sure. They might pull some technical BS out of their asses again, like Radiant not working or w/e.

Anyway, Treyarch added aspects of the Realism mod into BO3 zombies? WTF?  :o
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Anyway, Treyarch added aspects of the Realism mod into BO3 zombies? WTF?  :o
Yes Daedra, embrace the BO3 movement - new weapons and all.  Breathe it in, it feels so good  :D

Loading ...