UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: animallover on November 06, 2015, 03:15:55 am

Title: Black Ops 3 Thoughts? (zombies)
Post by: animallover on November 06, 2015, 03:15:55 am
I personally love it! :O

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi67.tinypic.com%2F292sdbb.jpg&hash=ba047fa38a176bffcab42ad543aff0f88795243d)

not sure how i feel about shadows of evil.. didnt look that keen on that map to start with.. but ill see how i feel after a few plays
Title: Re: Black Ops 3 Thoughts? (zombies)
Post by: daedra descent on November 06, 2015, 03:35:51 am
If Treyarch ever does release the mod tools i'm so making a WaW mod.

BTW, whats your computer setup?
Post by: tylerandmoroll on November 06, 2015, 05:47:10 am
So lucky man. I gotta wait till christmas. I like shadows of evil but it definitely doesn't have the same feel. I guess that's why it's it's own separate thing from zombies. I love the der riese remake so much (I watched lots of videos on it). I also realize that black ops 3 seems to surround zombies way more than you would think. Nuk3town has a robot zombies easter egg, you can unlock a zombies type of campaign bonus, dead ops arcade 2, and the main zombies map plus the bonus the giant map.
Post by: Andy Whelan on November 06, 2015, 07:42:15 am
So lucky man. I gotta wait till christmas.

You are not the only one, I have to wait till Christmas to get my PS4
Post by: johndoe on November 06, 2015, 07:46:08 am
If Treyarch ever does release the mod tools i'm so making a WaW mod.
this is why we can't have nice things :(
Post by: JiffyNoodles on November 06, 2015, 08:15:04 am
^
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 06, 2015, 08:29:08 am
^
Post by: JiffyNoodles on November 06, 2015, 09:05:45 am
I literally had to scroll as fast as possible to avoid looking at the title image, as I am trying to avoid all BO3 zombies and campaign footage. :'(
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 06, 2015, 09:13:03 am
I literally had to scroll as fast as possible to avoid looking at the title image, as I am trying to avoid all BO3 zombies and campaign footage. :'(
I was too, but as iots on every video, every advert, every page, every google search, every website, every persons skype, every friends chanel etc etc etc

Ive already had half the game blown for me before i had even got out of work...

RIP BO3... if i buy you, itll just be for mod tools now...
Post by: Exofile on November 06, 2015, 09:52:59 am
I am deeply dissapointed in BO3 Zombies. Just to pick on some things here, The giant is just a reskinned Der Riese? They should've redone areas more, added/removed more areas, and made it newer. Instead you end up playing the same old map, in better graphics and newer guns. Dogs are some of the easiest opponents I've seen in all my experience in Zombies. Perk Shaders for The Giant look complete garbage.

Yup, I'm ranting. :please:

The Giant was a huge dissapointment for what I'd expected to see when they announced a remake. We can only hope they do something proper for the upcoming maps, because as of now the only interest I find in BO3 is SoE, and even that became pretty stale to me. Pods?(Just like digsites), Enter the beast?(Areas only accesible when under the effect of a particular playingmode, quite like Afterlife, without the revives.) And the boss? He isn't even a proper threat, he is EASILY avoidable.

I pray for better content from Treyarch, they lost the spark they once had in Zombies. Hugely disappointed.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on November 06, 2015, 10:25:03 am
I am deeply dissapointed in BO3 Zombies. Just to pick on some things here, The giant is just a reskinned Der Riese? They should've redone areas more, added/removed more areas, and made it newer. Instead you end up playing the same old map, in better graphics and newer guns. Dogs are some of the easiest opponents I've seen in all my experience in Zombies. Perk Shaders for The Giant look complete garbage.

The Giant was a huge dissapointment for what I'd expected to see when they announced a remake. We can only hope they do something proper for the upcoming maps, because as of now the only interest I find in BO3 is SoE, and even that became pretty stale to me. Pods?(Just like digsites), Enter the beast?(Areas only accesible when under the effect of a particular playingmode, quite like Afterlife, without the revives.) And the boss? He isn't even a proper threat, he is EASILY avoidable.

I pray for better content from Treyarch, they lost the spark they once had in Zombies. Hugely disappointed.

Treyarch was playing at the Nostalgia, simple as that.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 06, 2015, 10:32:09 am

Its not another black ops 2 experience is it?

If so, im glad i waited lol
Post by: Exofile on November 06, 2015, 10:54:49 am
Its not another black ops 2 experience is it?

If so, im glad i waited lol

Although I do not own Black Ops 3, from all the gameplay that I've seen, it definetly looks like another Bo2 experience. They'rr going with a new storyline, SoE. But to satisfy those who didn't appreciate the lack of our four protagonists in bo2, they're having it's own maps for that too. It seems like they'll focus on SoE, and have The Giant be an add-on as an attemt to satisfy those who prefer Rictofen's group.

Treyarch was playing at the Nostalgia, simple as that.

I can understand they want us to get Nostalgia, but when all they did was re-skin it, it ends up as another remake that isn't worth playing, when the original map is still popular amongst the zombie community.
Post by: HitmanVere on November 06, 2015, 11:23:08 am
Perk Shaders for The Giant look complete garbage.

Should have used mine :troll:

Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FzatTRVN.jpg&hash=d1338b91c9cd8e545c43b7fc9d6b15ab19ed543b)

Goes back in corner shamelessly  :alone:
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 06, 2015, 12:00:25 pm
Should have used mine :troll:

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FzatTRVN.jpg&hash=d1338b91c9cd8e545c43b7fc9d6b15ab19ed543b)

Goes back in corner shamelessly  :alone:
Ewww...Mulekick looks nice though. :)

Because you didn't make it. :P
Post by: timelordalex on November 06, 2015, 12:15:09 pm
Der Riese to me has always been a relatively easy map, but they seemed to have made it and im assuming Zombies as a whole ridiculously harder, all i've played so far is The Giant to get the feel of BO3 zombies, i know the map layout and what to expect and yet my first game, all of us died on round 8 (4 of us) its like you cant get one hit from zombies now, its always a double slap and the extra hit to go down makes little difference and even with Jugg its not difficult to get downed not to mention all the zombies are running on round 2, this sort of change from BO2 was unncessary. The Wunderwaffe appears to have been nerfed as it now takes some time to chain to multiple zombies - and because of this i got downed mega early on and lost 3 perks. The second game i got to round 19 - but the only reason is because i got the Wunderwaffe and Ray Gun in a row in a fire sale and fuck me did the Ray Gun save my life so many times. Aside from this rant, the map looks gorgeous - but im disappointed there are no extra perks at all.
Post by: mxtxm on November 06, 2015, 12:52:52 pm
but im disappointed there are no extra perks at all.

Actually there is a nice little easter egg which will either add deadshot daiquiri or stamin-up to the map. Here's the videos that explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qum2DsY9nI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qum2DsY9nI)
Post by: animallover on November 06, 2015, 01:30:01 pm
i don't know why people are complaining about zombies this time.. the ranking system and even the gameplay is all new! I love how its so much harder now it makes you afraid of even running zombies. I'm honestly very impressed! but I don't like shadows of evil.. I just cant seem to like it much.. but hey its only been a few hours since release! But I'm super hyped to play it again when I finish work! Runs so nicely on my new graphics card '980' :)

very happy with how it is! :) just takes some getting used to  :rainbow:
Post by: Exofile on November 06, 2015, 03:05:01 pm
Yeah, I think they did a decent job making it harder this time around, but I just can't seem to be hyped to play the same old map I've already played a million times, again, just with a newer skin on it? I mean, if you'd want to play Der Riese like the Giant, you could just play one of the remakes for Der Riese here on UGX. :please:
Post by: tomikaze on November 06, 2015, 04:19:16 pm
What about this Nightmare mode I keep hearing about? Is it a separate campaign with zombies or is it just a quick gimmicky game mode that you'll beat in 30 mins. From the little I saw it looks like a lot of fun.
Post by: animallover on November 06, 2015, 05:19:41 pm
What about this Nightmare mode I keep hearing about? Is it a separate campaign with zombies or is it just a quick gimmicky game mode that you'll beat in 30 mins. From the little I saw it looks like a lot of fun.

Haha it looks great but i'll cross that path when i finish the main story... haha
Post by: Koan on November 06, 2015, 05:23:23 pm
I personally really like the Zombie mode so far. Not a huge fan of Multiplayer though. I'll get round to Campaign eventually :please:

I've played more of The Giant than I have of Shadows of Evil so far. I love the new feel and look of Der Riese, even if it IS a remake. I think they've done a good job with it. Shadows of Evil seems to be pretty good so far - I haven't gone too in depth with it, cause I suck :derp: but so far the features are cool, getting the player involved with the map.

The new ranking system for Zombies is questionable though. I preferred it when we could just jump in a lobby and play, but hey, maybe it'll grow on me.
Post by: Ping998 on November 06, 2015, 08:29:35 pm
I'm unsure of what to think of it.

It's...different...really different.

I'm not saying it is bad, I don't think it is bad but...

I don't know if it's just me but has anyone noticed the sound is severely off? Like, you can hear the MR6's reload sounds better than the actual gunshot! Some guns are extremely silent, especially the LMGs and there is little to no BG music or anything, it makes zombies (especially the giant) feel really empty and desolate (in a bad way).

I have the Xbox One version of BO3 btw.
Post by: Safetrance on November 06, 2015, 08:59:34 pm
I am getting the standard BO3 without the Giant map, downloading it now. I like having the classic maps with new ones and although the Giant map is pretty much the same, there are cool features, stamina and badass pistol through EE. I like the 2nd pap, it gives the element to your gun which is quite sweet and gobble gums.

However, this is a pretaste to what's coming IMO. What I am really looking forward to, are the maps through dlc's that we will get which should be quite a lot of content compared to BO2 becuase It looks to me that BO3 follows the spirit of BO1. Remember the resurrection dlc? Entirely zombies dlc, I expect to see something like that for BO3. I liked Moon very much, and the Giant kinda is connected to it, so Moon is coming back too I believe. Along with new maps, more older maps will come back, it's just a question which ones, it depends of the story with the original crew I would think.

I found BO2 to have started poorly with a huge map Tranzit that was frustrating to play, but BO3 starts pretty good with SoE, Giant + Arcade zombies 2 with xp and rank system including Nightmare mode. Rich dlc content + modtools will keep us entertained for years...

I think BO3 will blow away next cod games, I feel a bit sorry for them already but all my cod's are 3arch's anyways. So it is the future content that will judge BO3 and it would be embarrassing for 3arch to disappoint in this episode of their BO trilogy now that they had an extra year. So what you guys think about the future dlc maps?
Post by: Rollonmath42 on November 06, 2015, 09:10:00 pm
The way I see it, Shadows of Evil is not meant for the average zombies player who just wants to go in and kill zombies. The map is more objective based rather than just mindlessly playing as with previous maps, and if it weren't for the early gameplays, I probably would've been lost in what I was supposed to do in the map. It was definitely made for those who are up for the challenge and will spend the time learning the map beyond just where the perks/box are.

The Giant IMO should've been something everyone received instead of being DLC with season pass/collector's because it would've brought the "balance" I think that BO3 zombies needs at launch: a map for the casual playstyle (The Giant) and a map for those who are up for the challenge (Shadows of Evil). Not much was changed in the map gameplay wise besides randomizing perks, Gobble Gum, and the finished fly trap easter egg, so realistically anyone who is accustomed to the normal gameplay of zombies or played Der Riese before would be able to play without any problems.

One thing I am worried about though is basically playing Mob of the Dead + Origins remake over and over again through the DLC, as Shadows of Evil turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the map especially with the way it combined the elements of those two maps, but it'd honestly be pretty upsetting to see the DLC just turn out to be Shadows of Evil v2, 3, 4 with only different themes each time.

Of course, once mod/map tools comes around, should it support Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer, there will for sure be more of a variety available and the stock/DLC maps won't be as relevant.
Post by: MAK911 on November 06, 2015, 09:33:16 pm
The way I see it, Shadows of Evil is not meant for the average zombies player who just wants to go in and kill zombies. The map is more objective based rather than just mindlessly playing as with previous maps, and if it weren't for the early gameplays, I probably would've been lost in what I was supposed to do in the map. It was definitely made for those who are up for the challenge and will spend the time learning the map beyond just where the perks/box are.

The Giant IMO should've been something everyone received instead of being DLC with season pass/collector's because it would've brought the "balance" I think that BO3 zombies needs at launch: a map for the casual playstyle (The Giant) and a map for those who are up for the challenge (Shadows of Evil). Not much was changed in the map gameplay wise besides randomizing perks, Gobble Gum, and the finished fly trap easter egg, so realistically anyone who is accustomed to the normal gameplay of zombies or played Der Riese before would be able to play without any problems.

One thing I am worried about though is basically playing Mob of the Dead + Origins remake over and over again through the DLC, as Shadows of Evil turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the map especially with the way it combined the elements of those two maps, but it'd honestly be pretty upsetting to see the DLC just turn out to be Shadows of Evil v2, 3, 4 with only different themes each time.

Of course, once mod/map tools comes around, should it support Campaign, Zombies, and Multiplayer, there will for sure be more of a variety available and the stock/DLC maps won't be as relevant.
Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it. I can't currently can't play BO3 (fuck you, laptop), but, from what I've seen of Nightmares, it looks freaking awesome. Play that if you find SOE too much.
Post by: Rollonmath42 on November 06, 2015, 09:38:57 pm
Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it. I can't currently can't play BO3 (fuck you, laptop), but, from what I've seen of Nightmares, it looks freaking awesome. Play that if you find SOE too much.

Going off of what I've been told about actual gameplay of Nightmares from people that unlocked it or already beat it, it isn't really worth the time and effort to play. Yeah you get to play with zombies in a non-traditional style of rounds/timed gameplay, but I'd be pretty bored of killing zombies for hours on end to walk from point A to point B. It'd really just be slightly better than playing the Campaign itself. And considering I'd have to play a mode I'm not interested in to just unlock it, it's a useless feature to me.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 06, 2015, 09:40:09 pm
Yeh it looks great, surprised it's barely got a mention, they really went all out on the zombie content this time. I just wish they hadn't included the mystery box/powerups and kept the realism aspect all the way through, so it feels completely separate to the actual zombie maps. So we have 2 zombie maps, a whole new zombies campaign thing, all the DLC to come, AND fucking Mod Tools? And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.
Post by: daedra descent on November 06, 2015, 09:47:21 pm
Yeh it looks great, surprised it's barely got a mention, they really went all out on the zombie content this time. I just wish they hadn't included the mystery box/powerups and kept the realism aspect all the way through, so it feels completely separate to the actual zombie maps. So we have 2 zombie maps, a whole new zombies campaign thing, all the DLC to come, AND fucking Mod Tools? And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.

We don't actually know if they will release mod tools. Yeah, it would be incredibly stupid if they didn't but we still just don't know for sure. They might pull some technical BS out of their asses again, like Radiant not working or w/e.

Anyway, Treyarch added aspects of the Realism mod into BO3 zombies? WTF?  :o
Post by: tomikaze on November 06, 2015, 10:35:31 pm
Anyway, Treyarch added aspects of the Realism mod into BO3 zombies? WTF?  :o
Yes Daedra, embrace the BO3 movement - new weapons and all.  Breathe it in, it feels so good  :D
Post by: jei9363 on November 06, 2015, 10:41:17 pm
the LOD changes on SoE are kinda rough sometimes. The Nuke changes from like 32 units away

Double Post Merge: November 06, 2015, 10:48:29 pm
when I started the skyscapers literally looked like they were from

! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9Nl6i7x7k#)

but everything liiks nice when its all settled in (XBOX One btw)
Post by: MZslayer11 on November 06, 2015, 11:13:04 pm
Jesus you guys are hard to please. Serously, not only do you get the base map (SoE) but you also get the giant, and a zombies campaign mission AND an awesome ranking system and challenge system that is actual relevent AND weapon and bubblegum customization. Not to mention that there will be at least 4 more maps to come and Most likely mod tools. Let's think about what launched with bo2; TranZit...  :please: I can understand if you actually don't enjoy the maps, but saying that there is lack of content, or no new features is absolutely absurd. The funny thing is that half of the people that are bitching haven't even played it yet. How can you form an opinion without even playing it yet? Do you like bitching for the sake of bitching?
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 06, 2015, 11:16:44 pm
Jesus you guys are hard to please. Serously, not only do you get the base map (SoE) but you also get the giant, and a zombies campaign mission AND an awesome ranking system and challenge system that is actual relevent AND weapon and bubblegum customization. Not to mention that there will be at least 4 more maps to come and Most likely mod tools. Let's think about what launched with bo2; TranZit...  :please: I can understand if you actually don't enjoy the maps, but saying that there is lack of content, or no new features is absolutely absurd. The funny thing is that half of the people that are bitching haven't even played it yet. How can you form an opinion without even playing it yet? Do you like bitching for the sake of bitching?
Oh! Oh! I know! I know! The answer is 'yes'.

What do I win?
Post by: Rezirex on November 06, 2015, 11:17:42 pm
Sometimes the quantity of new content doesn't justify extolling the product as a whole. To me, it feels like they tried to cram things in for the sake of the game feeling 'fresh'.

Personally, I believe some of the new additions are either pointless or degrade the quality of gameplay (gobblegum).

Don't even get me started on how broken the PC port is.
Post by: MZslayer11 on November 06, 2015, 11:31:21 pm
What do I win?

More people bitching below  :troll:
Post by: daedra descent on November 06, 2015, 11:56:29 pm

Well, at first glance the 'zombies' campaign doesn't look very good IMO. Just looks like a cheap campaign reskin, not something i personally would buy the game for. Only worth playing once just to try it out.

So cringe worthy cliche dialog:

Do not be deceived by his lies...

...remember your past...

...remember when you first met John Taylor...

I swear i hear those things in just about every game these days.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 12:17:03 am
More people bitching below  :troll:

Well, at first glance the 'zombies' campaign doesn't look very good IMO. Just looks like a cheap campaign reskin, not something i personally would buy the game for. Only worth playing once just to try it out.

So cringe worthy cliche dialog:

Do not be deceived by his lies...

...remember your past...

...remember when you first met John Taylor...

I swear i hear those things in just about every game these days.

This was a shitty prize...:-[
Post by: MAK911 on November 07, 2015, 12:25:45 am
This was a shitty prize...:-[
Not as bad as AW's at least. Your "best friend" that you "know so much about" dies 2 minutes in and the reward for beating the campaign is the weirdest scream ever from Atlas and a very shitty exo skin that I'm pretty sure came with the pre-order too.

And, people, just try to enjoy the zombies campaign. May be a reskin, but what do you expect? They did have 3 years for BO3, but it definitely took 3 years to make what they got. I didn't expect anything more than what they gave us. This is what we wanted and we got it. At least they listened this time around. Can't we be happy that we actually have 3arc listening to the community for once?
Post by: CyberMan1011 on November 07, 2015, 12:36:42 am
Because Nightmares mode doesn't exist eh? Everyone keeps focusing on SOE and the Giant, but there's still Nightmares (the zombies campaign we've all been begging for) and there's been roughly 0 coverage of it.

While I do agree that not many people are talking about the Nightmares mode, how come no one is mentioning DOA 2? :derp:
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 12:37:44 am
Not as bad as AW's at least. Your "best friend" that you "know so much about" dies 2 minutes in and the reward for beating the campaign is the weirdest scream ever from Atlas and a very shitty exo skin that I'm pretty sure came with the pre-order too.

And, people, just try to enjoy the zombies campaign. May be a reskin, but what do you expect? They did have 3 years for BO3, but it definitely took 3 years to make what they got. I didn't expect anything more than what they gave us. This is what we wanted and we got it. At least they listened this time around. Can't we be happy that we actually have 3arc listening to the community for once?
I think you misunderstood my comment. You should read it in context. :)

I also replied to you earlier in this thread agreeing that the zombie campaign thing looks pretty cool.
Post by: MZslayer11 on November 07, 2015, 12:47:39 am
I swear if bo3 had 100% original, new, innovative features, people would say:

"wtf treyatch! Where is the classic zombies feel? This is too complicated! Keep is simple, we don't want complicated features. Where's the nostalgia?

And if they did that, people would then say:

"wtf treyarch! This is the same shit as black ops 1 &2! You had 3 years and you give us the same shit? We want innovative maps with complicated Easter eggs and replay value. I'm dissapointed! "

This is the never-ending thought process of the majority of zombie players. Literally can't be pleased.

Personally, from what I've seen so far, I think they nailed it with a balance of new features and old stuff.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 12:52:09 am
I swear if bo3 had 100% original, new, innovative features, people would say:

"wtf treyatch! Where is the classic zombies feel? This is too complicated! Keep is simple, we don't want complicated features. Where's the nostalgia?

And if they did that, people would then say:

"wtf treyarch! This is the same shit as black ops 1 &2! You had 3 years and you give us the same shit? We want innovative maps with complicated Easter eggs and replay value. I'm dissapointed! "

This is the never-ending thought process of the majority of zombie players. Literally can't be pleased.

Nail. On. Head.
Post by: RadimaX on November 07, 2015, 12:58:25 am
well they could add some more areas to the remake map :P we already had all cod waw maps in blackops 1 so i dont really understand why people are so pumped over the giant, could incorporate the advanced features from shadows of evil into it atleast?
Post by: Safetrance on November 07, 2015, 01:38:21 am
As long the future dlc zombies are rich of content like old + new maps, I am all sold. The rest are just extras on top of the cake like multiplayer. What I really find to be a step forward is the splitscreen option for PC, 4 players local and 2 players online for zombie, mp and campaign. You can use any joystick or mouse with keyboard to play on a single monitor or even use a second monitor for the other player. It's still not like the glorious Lan as we know it, but I am glad that I will be able to play zombies with my bro local. At least it is something compared to other cod's since MW2.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on November 07, 2015, 01:48:07 am
As long the future dlc zombies are rich of content like old + new maps, I am all sold. The rest are just extras on top of the cake like multiplayer. What I really find to be a step forward is the splitscreen option for PC, 4 players local and 2 players online for zombie, mp and campaign. You can use any joystick or mouse with keyboard to play on a single monitor or even use a second monitor for the other player. It's still not like the glorious Lan as we know it, but I am glad that I will be able to play zombies with my bro local. At least it is something compared to other cod's since MW2.

The PC version supports 4 player splitscreen?!
Post by: Safetrance on November 07, 2015, 02:37:31 am
The PC version supports 4 player splitscreen?!
Yes BO3 PC has splitscreen option on all modes. Which was a great news for me same as the modtools. And it should be 4 players, I hope so but even 2 is fine for me.

Read this:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii/black-ops-3-will-be-the-best-pc-game-in-treyarch-history (http://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii/black-ops-3-will-be-the-best-pc-game-in-treyarch-history)

Post by: pcmodder on November 07, 2015, 02:56:38 am
Nail. On. Head.
conclusion . Some are never satisfied .:)
Post by: jrascov on November 07, 2015, 03:54:35 am
Is anyone also getting really laggy and poor performance during multiplayer and zombies? It is really frustrating and confusing because I have 50 to 70 frames all the time then I get random lag and the game freezes.
Post by: Safetrance on November 07, 2015, 04:04:43 am
Is anyone also getting really laggy and poor performance during multiplayer and zombies? It is really frustrating and confusing because I have 50 to 70 frames all the time then I get random lag and the game freezes.
I am reading this article, has to do with lag issues:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9681392/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-pc-issues-broken (http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9681392/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-pc-issues-broken)
Post by: RadimaX on November 07, 2015, 04:08:24 am
Yeah i had the black screen sat updating nvidia then verifying game cache again still have massive lag input for the controls its nothing like the smooth cod we are used to...
Post by: daedra descent on November 07, 2015, 04:16:42 am

I am reading this article, has to do with lag issues:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9681392/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-pc-issues-broken (http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9681392/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-pc-issues-broken)

Yeah i had the black screen sat updating nvidia then verifying game cache again still have massive lag input for the controls its nothing like the smooth cod we are used to...

Didn't Treyarch say PC was a priority or something this time around?

Oops.  :troll:

Edit: Just want to point out many of the reported issues in YouTube videos and Steam forum are the same as in the Beta. What a joke.
Post by: MAK911 on November 07, 2015, 04:32:29 am
Didn't Treyarch say PC was a priority or something this time around?

Oops.  :troll:

Edit: Just want to point out many of the reported issues in YouTube videos and Steam forum are the same as in the Beta. What a joke.
It's Day 1 m8. Give them a break.  ::)
Post by: daedra descent on November 07, 2015, 04:39:42 am
It's Day 1 m8. Give them a break.  ::)

Day 1 or not, they did say something to that affect. If PC was really a priority it wouldn't have nearly as many issues on people's PCs.
Post by: MAK911 on November 07, 2015, 04:45:34 am
Day 1 or not, they did say something to that affect. If PC was really a priority it wouldn't have nearly as many issues on people's PCs.
How can anyone prepare something to perfectly work for probably 300,000 people? Especially on something that can be custom built with random parts that is completely up to the builder? Expect bugs on day 1. ALWAYS! There's no way to prepare for this so it's always a shot in the dark. Plus, they have XBone, PS4, and the older consoles to worry about too. It's not gonna be perfect for some time between weapon balancing and what not. Just deal with what you got and a patch will be coming soon.
Post by: daedra descent on November 07, 2015, 04:59:19 am
How can anyone prepare something to perfectly work for probably 300,000 people?

Good question. Maybe they could have released a free beta that people could play to get an idea as to what needs to be worked on to make the PC version playable or even good at launch.

Oh wait! They did have a free open beta! Not only that, most of the bugs in the beta are still present in the final release.

Expect bugs on day 1. ALWAYS! There's no way to prepare for this so it's always a shot in the dark. Plus, they have XBone, PS4, and the older consoles to worry about too. It's not gonna be perfect for some time between weapon balancing and what not. Just deal with what you got and a patch will be coming soon.

Never said perfect, of course thats unrealistic. However there have been MUCH smoother AAA PC game releases in the past. This is far from an even OK launch. Christ, some people can't even start the game let alone play it, others the RAM usage is so high their entire PC locks up, and for many the FPS is so bad you couldn't play it anyway.  :poker:

Edit: People are even comparing it to Arkham Knight, thats how bad the PC port is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFhdAPMVrU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFhdAPMVrU)
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 08:47:02 am
Good question. Maybe they could have released a free beta that people could play to get an idea as to what needs to be worked on to make the PC version playable or even good at launch.

Oh wait! They did have a free open beta! Not only that, most of the bugs in the beta are still present in the final release.

Never said perfect, of course thats unrealistic. However there have been MUCH smoother AAA PC game releases in the past. This is far from an even OK launch. Christ, some people can't even start the game let alone play it, others the RAM usage is so high their entire PC locks up, and for many the FPS is so bad you couldn't play it anyway.  :poker:

Edit: People are even comparing it to Arkham Knight, thats how bad the PC port is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFhdAPMVrU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFhdAPMVrU)
Do you even have the game?
Post by: Scobalula on November 07, 2015, 09:02:44 am
Do you even have the game?

I would usually agree but when you load up the Steam page and the first reviews presented are negative, and 1500 Reviews are Negative it does make you think.

However, the game is just released, yes they had a Beta but that was MP only, and the game has probably changed a lot. I wouldn't slander them instantly, wait for them to fix the bugs.

The game is fine, it's just bad optimization on the PC, which will be fixed, stop constantly bitching instantly ffs.
Post by: HitmanVere on November 07, 2015, 09:40:10 am
The game is fine, it's just bad optimization on the PC, which will be fixed, stop constantly bitching instantly ffs.

Some people like to bitch, some dont. Its the way of life, lol
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 07, 2015, 10:08:05 am
I would usually agree but when you load up the Steam page and the first reviews presented are negative, and 1500 Reviews are Negative it does make you think.

However, the game is just released, yes they had a Beta but that was MP only, and the game has probably changed a lot. I wouldn't slander them instantly, wait for them to fix the bugs.

Just had a quick go, it is really bad, random lag spikes whenever an 'event' occurs but then after the initial thing it goes back to normal, and sometimes I can be just walking around doing nothing with a solid 60fps and then it just randomly drops for no apparent reason whatsoever. But it's just teething problems because it's early days I assume, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine after a patch or 2.
Post by: dadadodo on November 07, 2015, 11:38:40 am
I personally love it! :O

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi67.tinypic.com%2F292sdbb.jpg&hash=ba047fa38a176bffcab42ad543aff0f88795243d)

not sure how i feel about shadows of evil.. didnt look that keen on that map to start with.. but ill see how i feel after a few plays
on ps3 you don't have the giant it also count it as xbox 360 that's dumb of the makers
Post by: Scobalula on November 07, 2015, 11:40:52 am
on ps3 you don't have the giant it also count it as xbox 360 that's dumb of the makers

PS3 and 360 should be lucky to have the game tbh, they are pretty old now. :P
Post by: Exofile on November 07, 2015, 11:41:57 am

PS3 and Xbox 360 are last generation consoles. Xbox One, and PS4 is current gen. You don't see many games being made for PS2 or the Nintendo Gamecube, do you? The limitations of the old generation consoles makes it so content has to be limited. Wouldn't surprise me if the next CoD didn't have Last gen support all together.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on November 07, 2015, 11:49:16 am
PS3 and Xbox 360 are last generation consoles. Xbox One, and PS4 is current gen. You don't see many games being made for PS2 or the Nintendo Gamecube, do you? The limitations of the old generation consoles makes it so content has to be limited. Wouldn't surprise me if the next CoD didn't have Last gen support all together.
This adopted aussie is onto something.
He's right, if you look at a side-by-side comparison of BO3 on Last and Current Gen, it looks completely different, as everything looks clammy and ugh.
This new gen of hardware can run games that look, sound and play a hell of a lot better than last gen.
Post by: pcmodder on November 07, 2015, 01:45:21 pm
If anyone is using nvidia gfx maybe try the control panel to set your options. For some reason mine always defaults to multiscreen performance mode which impacts fps. I don't doubt the game will have teething problems performance wise and new gfx drivers could help these issues also . Reading this has re in forced my need of a card update before buying this ( current 660 want higher
Post by: DeathBringerZen on November 07, 2015, 01:49:44 pm
Personally, I love what Black Ops 3 has brought to the table this season. The Giant is great for a bonus map and as such I am happy with what they have done with it. Some new areas would be nice but I have zero complaints with it.

Shadows of Evil is simply breathtaking. Yes it carries over too many of the MotD and Origins mechanics and as Rollon said early, hopefully it's not a trend that will carry on throughout the season but for what it is, I absolutely love it. Anyone who complains about this map needs to just pack up and leave the scene because they are clearly over zombies now.

I have unlocked the nightmare mode now also and although you are pretty much just playing through the campaign mode again they have included enough changes to warrant the mode being seperate. It's very similar to Left 4 Dead in the way you move forward but also still maintains the normal CoD Zombie feel. Definitely a decent addition to the fold.

Not tried Dead Ops Arcade 2 yet but from what I have been hearing it's an amazing addition also.
Post by: Gabrielle on November 07, 2015, 03:27:52 pm
I love playing The Giant! The map is just like the old Der Riese map but it has such better graphics and I enjoy every second of it! The only downside is it doesn't have returned weapons like Thompson PPsh-41 and MG42 but hey, it's still nice.

About Shadows of Evil... I like the map but it's too scary and too hard for me. Don't enjoy it that much but it isn't bad. It's fun to play with a Dutch friend, just talking randomly and having fun.

I like the zombies mode, the addition of the gumballs (or w/e they're called) is great and that you can unlock more of them. The weapon system is great as well, this way you can have a reflex sight if you don't like the iron sights of a certain gun.

Cannot wait for the DLC maps!
Post by: Ping998 on November 07, 2015, 03:51:09 pm
This is how you start a zombies gamemode right.

If you're complaining about zombies right now, you've either not played the game and don't understand these new features OR you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Shadows of Evil is a FANTASTIC map! Lots to explore, not too easy, not too challenging, just right.

The bosses are really interesting and innovative (imo).

The weapon kits are great if you want to personalize the attachments/look of the guns you can acquire in-game!

The gobblegum is actually not OP, it's very useful and balanced. Ok you might say: "But there is a gobblegum that gives you all of the perks in the map!!!" But in reality, that gobblegum is exceedingly rare and you only get one of them so chances are that this won't impact the gameplay much.

The Giant is a reskin, that's what I expected. Got a few new features/EEs and none of it takes away the Der Riese feel! This map is for nostalgia and zombie-slaying purposes. Not an entirely new experience.

The Nightmare mode looks absolutely sick! Can't wait to try it! If they're is one thing that'll get me to play the campaign, it's Nightmare mode!

So everyone, quit complaining and enjoy what you all have been waiting for in 3 years.
...And if you still don't enjoy it, when the mod tools come out next year, make something you will enjoy!  :D :D :D
Post by: Exofile on November 07, 2015, 07:30:12 pm
So I'm curious. Most people here on UGX seem to dislike Remakes. So why in the name of all that is precious, is The Giant so popular? :please:
No new areas, so you're playing the same map you've already played, opening the same doors, building the same areas.
From what the community is telling us, all you need to remake a map is add more perks, newer weapons and better graphics?
More perks and Newer weapons has already been a thing for Der Riese, yet noone praised it as much as The Giant?
Even Black Ops 1 had a remake with newer guns, but that isn't good enough.
Conclusion here is that just adding better Graphics will make a map you've already played a million times, just as good as a brand new one.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2Fbe293e5ff13236cbbe3339afa6a4c5eb%2Ftumblr_n6ju0pKPeV1shxe70o1_500.gif&hash=269e8ad78a7745a51121e7f8fc83a35509031dfa)
Post by: HitmanVere on November 07, 2015, 07:59:54 pm
Most people here on UGX seem to dislike Remakes.

Other way around. Most popular maps are remakes, as seen with Nuketowns/Oil Rig/Kinos and so on
Post by: Exofile on November 07, 2015, 08:01:16 pm
Other way around. Most popular maps are remakes, as seen with Nuketowns/Oil Rig/Kinos and so on

Well, why is it that all the people I've seen dislike remakes, seem to enjoy this? My point was really that those who hated remakes seem to enjoy this, although it's literally nothing we haven't seen except for better Graphics.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on November 07, 2015, 10:25:02 pm
Well, why is it that all the people I've seen dislike remakes, seem to enjoy this? My point was really that those who hated remakes seem to enjoy this, although it's literally nothing we haven't seen except for better Graphics.

People like it because it's a remake of Der Riese. It is arguably one of the best zombie maps ever made so you cannot really pick fault with it, and besides... it's a bonus map not intended as part of the main collection and it's easily better than last seasons Nuketown travesy so what is there to actually complain about?
Post by: TheScotchGuy on November 07, 2015, 10:35:19 pm
complains about remakes, enjoys maps remade from bo2 in waw  :troll:
Post by: Exofile on November 07, 2015, 10:39:11 pm
complains about remakes, enjoys maps remade from bo2 in waw  :troll:

I don't enjoy remakes, unless they actually bring something new.

People like it because it's a remake of Der Riese. It is arguably one of the best zombie maps ever made so you cannot really pick fault with it, and besides... it's a bonus map not intended as part of the main collection and it's easily better than last seasons Nuketown travesy so what is there to actually complain about?

But there has already been remakes of Der Riese, made here on the WaW community. Even BO1 remade it? So why is the Giant so much more popular? There has been new weapons to remakes, didn't hype it up. there has been more perks to remakes, didn't hype it up. So the only thing I see left is the Graphics and the flow of the zombies themselves, is this what makes The Giant so much better?
Post by: Safetrance on November 07, 2015, 11:10:13 pm
I am able to play BO3 with older drivers nvidia 353.62 @60fps. The newest 358.87 gave me no chance to play like zero frames and black screen. I have asus rog laptop with i7 2.4ghz (3.4ghz turbo) and nvidia gtx765m, 8gb ram. The newest drivers from nvidia is weird, because of this I will stay with older drivers. I played SoE a bit and it's playable, stable fps. But I find it bad that there is no graphics option, I had to go to "config" file and look there. If you guys experience fps issues, try older drivers. It works for me.
Post by: lilrifa on November 07, 2015, 11:48:56 pm
..what makes The Giant so much better?
The Giant is better then other remakes because it offers more story elements. The remake of Der Riese for BO didn't change much, but on BO3 we're playing as the Origins crew (I sorta like them better tbh). The Giant also gives us more insight as to the "beginning" of the outbreak at Der Riese.
Post by: DeletedUser on November 07, 2015, 11:53:16 pm
While I do agree that not many people are talking about the Nightmares mode, how come no one is mentioning DOA 2? :derp:
Yeah really though, I know that im supposed to be the guy who is obsessed with DOA for no explained reason... But I honestly think DOA 2 is really fun with all its new added features and improvements. I hope they add it to public match soon so I can casually play it coop without having to call up 3 friends and load up the second campagin mission every time...
Post by: Exofile on November 08, 2015, 12:34:33 am
The Giant is better then other remakes because it offers more story elements. The remake of Der Riese for BO didn't change much, but on BO3 we're playing as the Origins crew (I sorta like them better tbh). The Giant also gives us more insight as to the "beginning" of the outbreak at Der Riese.

That makes sense, as I don't own BO3 I missed these features. I've always been a fan of the continuation of the Origins crew, (even though it's the same crew as in most other maps), but Origins really started a new motion for me, and I'm glad to see it didn't stop at once.  ;)
Post by: MZslayer11 on November 08, 2015, 01:47:08 am

That makes sense, as I don't own BO3 I missed these features. I've always been a fan of the continuation of the Origins crew, (even though it's the same crew as in most other maps), but Origins really started a new motion for me, and I'm glad to see it didn't stop at once.  ;)

You guys are literally proving my point.
Post by: Exofile on November 08, 2015, 01:54:09 am
You guys are literally proving my point.

You see football players sit there, and judge every move the players does in football. This is ok, because they're known with the art of football.

You see players of Zombies sit there, and judge every aspect of a new game. This is ok, because they're known with how Zombies should be, in their own opinion.

People are allowed to judge something, even if they haven't tried it themselves. You see millions of people judge those who use drugs, drink alcohol and whatnow, when quite a few of them haven't been in their situation.
When someone has been playing the game for a while, they're fully capable of judging it, without having to actually play it. Watching gameplay will tell you alot. Sure, you don't get to experience it first hand, but you will see what is new this time around going for BO3.

So saying that people are "bitching" just for the sake of "bitching", is wrong in this case. (Unless someone here hasn't been playing Zombies before.) I can form my own opinions on something without trying it first hand.

Some people disagree with cloning, saying it's inhumane. Have they tried cloning themselves? Have they seen a clone, actually looked at it? You don't have to view something with your own eyes to make an opinion on it.  :nyan:

Besides, I haven't seen any statement saying this post is for those who's gotten to try it out first hand only, so even if you just heard of Zombies, one should be allowed to speak their opinion without being called out for "bitching" if they don't find it as good as some do.  :please:
Post by: gr00t on November 08, 2015, 10:56:55 am
And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.

My concern is publisher interference.   Now that Black Ops 3 is released and everyone has had a chance to look at or experience SoE, original concerns are relevant.  Activision might be exerting license control over COD Zombies and co-opting the Treyarch zombies franchise to improve future sales of Infinity Ward games.

I'd be curious if Jimmy Zielinski's exit from Treyarch involved creative differences, possibly thematic changes at the "request" of Activision.

Some notable changes.

monkey bombs > alien hentai (little arnie)
dig sites > alien pods
wonder weapon > alien gersh device
Mob of Dead afterlife > alien hentai ghost
zombie boss > alien hentai margwa
dogs > alien roller
flying bugs (essentially a flying scorpion from extinction)

Quote from: gr00t link=topic=7430.msg80235#msg80235
Quote from: MAK911 link=topic=7430.msg80124#msg80124
-Fucking extinction all over again.
-Hentai :D and Floppy arms. If I ever play zombies on this and get those, I'm just gonna run around screaming,"Floppy arms!" and try to smack people in the face.

I had the same reaction, and it was not good.

Introducing aliens into Treyarch's Zombies does seem like a ploy to prop up Infinity Ward's weak Extinction series by co-opting an established popular Zombies concept.

To me it seems like Activision is using its publisher status to compromise independence of their development studios.  This sort of thing happens all the time in film/tv production where producers and studio executives dictate endless script edits to directors and ultimately end up modifying the end product (usually for the worse) in a quest for higher ROI.

Infinity Ward's COD game is due out in 2016.  Activision sales could benefit greatly by trying to link a less popular Extinction alien concept to the established fame of Zombies in the hope that more consumers will then purchase Infinity Ward's next game.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 08, 2015, 11:47:03 am
I'd be curious if Jimmy Zielinski's exit from Treyarch involved creative differences, possibly thematic changes at the "request" of Activision.
I don't think it was that sinister (although the first clause in that sentence may well be true, but not for the reasons you are thinking). I think the reason was just that the Jimmy BO2 maps were, on the whole, pretty crap and the Campaign led maps (MOTD and Origins) wiped the floor with them. Ergo they got the nod for the BO3 zombies maps. And rightly so IMO.
Post by: gr00t on November 08, 2015, 12:57:20 pm
I don't think it was that sinister (although the first clause in that sentence may well be true, but not for the reasons you are thinking). I think the reason was just that the Jimmy BO2 maps were, on the whole, pretty crap and the Campaign led maps (MOTD and Origins) wiped the floor with them. Ergo they got the nod for the BO3 zombies maps. And rightly so IMO.

Tranzit, Die Rise, and Nuketown fell short, but Buried remains one of the best maps in the franchise.  The Zombie team deserves some credit for that at least.

Two years ago a disgruntled Treyarch dev made a topic on Reddit with some anonymous posts commenting on MOTD aka "mobzies".  He/She didn't seem to have kind words about Activision and hinted that they used publisher influence on studio development.     I cut out a bunch of my own opinion as it mostly re-iterated existing remarks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/1bq192/im_leaking_mob_of_the_dead_ (https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/1bq192/im_leaking_mob_of_the_dead_)
So, basically the zombie team has already a rough draft of all the DLC maps they'll release (I don't know much about future ones though) and are currently working on DLC 3 and 4. So what happened with mob of the dead (or "Mobzies" as was the working title [im not fucking joking here that was actually the working title]) was that Treyarch (or more accurately Activision) was imploring for DLCs to be ready faster (I'm not to sure about the details there, I wasn't involved on the business end of things but that's what we were told).

Also one interesting leak made by the dev is now confirmed in B03 zombies inter-dimensional storyline.

https://www.reddit.com/user/3ArcCanSuckIt (https://www.reddit.com/user/3ArcCanSuckIt)
[–]3ArcCanSuckIt 2 points 2 years ago

I wasn't aware the zombies' eyes signified anything. But what I understood was that the players aren't really in the 1930's. The entire map isn't even on earth, it's like in this inter-dimensional space bubble. It's just been modeled by some entity to look like Alcatraz at that time. Again, as I said, the zombie team didn't give us specifics as to what that entity is or does. They're even secretive with their co-workers.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 08, 2015, 01:08:15 pm
Tranzit, Die Rise, and Nuketown fell short, but Buried remains one of the best maps in the franchise.  The Zombie team deserves some credit for that at least.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one old chum, Buried was awful IMO. It was far too easy to be fun for me.

Let's see, you have a bank, fridge, weird retarded giant redneck freak that you feed candy and alcohol (really?), customizable wallchalks, free perks, a million buildable traps, a WW with infinite ammo/damage, MK2 every other box hit, free perma PHD...the list goes on. You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map. That just defeats the point of zombies to me.

Origins and MOTD on the other hand (whilst some people don't like this) required strategy and skill to get setup (the former especially), and presented at least somewhat of a challenge. They also had a darker, more zombie-esque atmosphere, which it seems Jimmy was moving away from, as each of the zombie team's maps seemed to be getting more and more cartoony and silly.
Post by: DeletedUser on November 08, 2015, 01:35:57 pm
You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map.
Round 1*
Post by: Safetrance on November 08, 2015, 02:04:25 pm
Agreed, on Buried map I went to 73 rounds solo, basically I used Paralizer and raygun 2 along with traps, mostly camped at jugg spot. But I relied mostly on traps (resonance trap that makes airwave blast) and used Paralizer as a shield sort of. That's how much you need for this map. Buried doesn't really support strategies other than camping, all locations are setup for camping. While this isn't a bad thing as you can do sniping but that's it pretty much. You can't do training here, the map is designed that way. And you can make tones of points here so quickly... To easy map for my liking. I like Shinonuma as it supported camping and training. But Moon is the most favorite map I like to play, so enjoyable.
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on November 08, 2015, 04:50:21 pm
To be completely honest I don't really like Shadows of Evil. I haven't played it yet, but from what I have seen, most of the map elements are just the same thing as other previous maps. For example, turning on the perks while in beast form is just like Mob of the Dead, the ritual things that you put the hair and stuff on is just like the origins power generators, as a different type of zombie comes after you as you fight to hold down the area. Furthermore, when I see beast form, the pods, the flying alien things, and the boss alien guy with three heads all remind me of Ghost's Extinction, which is definitely not something I wish to remember. Overall, my opinion of Shadows of Evil is just the same old stuff over and over; if Treyarch can make something new and cool in the DLC I will be a lot happier  :-\
Post by: MAK911 on November 08, 2015, 06:05:18 pm
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one old chum, Buried was awful IMO. It was far too easy to be fun for me.

Let's see, you have a bank, fridge, weird retarded giant redneck freak that you feed candy and alcohol (really?), customizable wallchalks, free perks, a million buildable traps, a WW with infinite ammo/damage, MK2 every other box hit, free perma PHD...the list goes on. You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map. That just defeats the point of zombies to me.

Origins and MOTD on the other hand (whilst some people don't like this) required strategy and skill to get setup (the former especially), and presented at least somewhat of a challenge. They also had a darker, more zombie-esque atmosphere, which it seems Jimmy was moving away from, as each of the zombie team's maps seemed to be getting more and more cartoony and silly.
I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to look at Buried as bad just because I love steampunk things and they put that theme kind of on display (lacking, but just enough to make me like it). I do agree, however, Buried was too easy. I mean, when I played with people, we'd lock ourselves in the jugg corner just so we could make it hard (was really fun too :D). Also, another HUGE factor you forgot was that you could lock the box and have retard (since no one will give him a real name, he is retard to me) build everything FOR you. There's a lot of personal firsts in that map that makes it special to me, but, all in all, way too freaking easy.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 08, 2015, 10:06:31 pm
So just had my first go on The Giant on PC, the first couple rounds are completely awful, lagging and stuttering all over the place (please patch this soon Treyarch :( ) but after that it's actually playable for me for the most part.

The map is pretty much just Der Reise with a BO3 mod and snow, but I did enjoy it I have to say. The Haymaker 12 PAP'd is a monster, and the gumballs are an interesting addition. The dogs need a serious buff though, they are literally like always one shot and piss easy, the WAW dogs are way more of a challenge. Might give Shadows a go now that I've actually got the game to run somewhat playable.

For anyone having serious issues (which is about 70% of the PC users) I found that going into Task Manager - Processes and changing the priority for BO3 to 'high' (by default it's 'low' for some reason) improves performance a lot, and I have FPS capped at 58 as apparently having it just below your screen's refresh rate (for me 60) also helps with the lagging.

(https://i.gyazo.com/6caa0053a6baaef34f104155c391214a.jpg)

Got to 25 first game which isn't too bad :)
Post by: DeletedUser on November 08, 2015, 10:15:38 pm
What happened to the thread pic
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 08:57:42 pm
well they could add some more areas to the remake map :P we already had all cod waw maps in blackops 1 so i dont really understand why people are so pumped over the giant, could incorporate the advanced features from shadows of evil into it atleast?
What you mean like :

gobble gum
A entire arsenal of weaponry
Realism mod aspects
A new easter egg
A unlockable easter egg gun
Extra perks that can be unlocked or obtained
Multiple pack a punching

yea they added nothing to the giant at all, should have got some stuff from SOA

like....

oh thats right, they did...
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 09:12:59 pm
I don't enjoy remakes, unless they actually bring something new.

But there has already been remakes of Der Riese, made here on the WaW community. Even BO1 remade it? So why is the Giant so much more popular? There has been new weapons to remakes, didn't hype it up. there has been more perks to remakes, didn't hype it up. So the only thing I see left is the Graphics and the flow of the zombies themselves, is this what makes The Giant so much better?
really?

show me one that isnt just a mod please...

we love this remake because it add A TON

how are you not getting that?

Firstly - an entire new fluid engine, which supports like 10x what the old one did...

Reskinned guns, new guns, extra perks, secret perks, completely remade map that is brimming with detail, new animations, new huds, new quality, a new special weapon that occupies a 3/4 slot

customization, double pack a punching, remade fly  trap easter egg, realism mod stuff, gobble gums, additional power ups...

etc etc etc

you literally have no argument and area clearly moaning despite not even having it - which i suspect is "why" your moaning  :troll:

Either that or we are playing that "blind to half of the paragraph" game again and sticking by our words - THIS MAP ADDS NOTHING
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on November 09, 2015, 09:15:55 pm
What you mean like :

gobble gum
A entire arsenal of weaponry
Realism mod aspects
A new easter egg
A unlockable easter egg gun
Extra perks that can be unlocked or obtained
Multiple pack a punching

He meant expanding upon the map, with different areas.
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 09, 2015, 09:16:25 pm
Guys, check out the dead ops arcade 2, it's so freaking cool. :D
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 09:16:46 pm
He meant expanding upon the map, with different areas.
oh - so he wants a "different" map then?

It was never elluded to have extra, it is a "remake", in its "entirety"
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 09, 2015, 09:27:12 pm
Actually I thought of the reasons of why did treyarch redesign der reise, and I came up with 2 reasons. First, I think der reise was one of the best maps that had easily one of the best replayability. I will play der riese over and over 10 times I would play other maps, so yea. Another reason, is actually based on the plot. I think treyarch went back in story back to der reise, to give themselves an opportunity to combine/expand/remake other maps following der reise. This could be a good idea, as people will always play a replayable map, redesigned to be better, and also to come up with new plot twists.
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 09:49:00 pm

Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined. A remake. With new areas.

I have had my go at The Giant, and yes, it is the same map, going by walls, floors and roofs.
The perks randomize? Is this just to add difficulty or to make the player not know where the perks are in their own respective locations from Der Riese?

really?

show me one that isnt just a mod please...

we love this remake because it add A TON

how are you not getting that?

Firstly - an entire new fluid engine, which supports like 10x what the old one did...

Reskinned guns, new guns, extra perks, secret perks, completely remade map that is brimming with detail, new animations, new huds, new quality, a new special weapon that occupies a 3/4 slot

customization, double pack a punching, remade fly  trap easter egg, realism mod stuff, gobble gums, additional power ups...

etc etc etc

you literally have no argument and area clearly moaning despite not even having it - which i suspect is "why" your moaning  :troll:

Either that or we are playing that "blind to half of the paragraph" game again and sticking by our words - THIS MAP ADDS NOTHING

Gobblegum? They don't really affect the gameplay too heavily, as most of them last such a short period of time.
Guns? The arsenal has been switched out with newer guns to fit both Bo3 and the storyline. Understandable.
New Animations? It looks visually nice, I agree.
New HUD? It's a sick HUD, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of it for WaW.
New Quality? Graphics are to me not what determines how good a game is.
The Fly Trap easter egg takes you back, but it's the same task? Find the items, shoot them. This time around you get a reward, which is nice.

All this is great, yes. I think it makes it both visually better to look at, and with new movement for both player AND zombies, it flows nice when you play it.

Multiple Pack-a-Punching? A bit unnecessary in my opinion, but that's that.

I've played this map. I think it's a decent map, but adding a new arsenal doesn't cut it for me. It looks different, sure. But I feel like I've walked these corridors before, I've bought these doors. I personally prefer a map that brings something NEW to the map itself. It is essentially the same as all these mods we got for Der Riese. ( Those that added new perks, guns etc.) Only that it looks visually better. I mean heck, the same strats are still the go-to for high rounds.

It's a remake. That does NOT mean they have to keep it confined into the same area as the original map. They can expand upon the arsenal, as could they have expanded the map itself.

I'm sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours, but it is what it is.
I think it's a decent map, but it feels old, even with a change of arsenal.
I personally prefer maps that bring new areas to explore, showing me new ways to path, and new strategies to use. I just couldn't get the nostalgia from back in the days when Der Riese was the big thing.

I respect all opinions, but for me it didn't quite make the cut for what I'd expect from Black Ops 3.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 09:56:32 pm
Noticed how you "didnt" post a der riese link that wasnt just a mod on the stock map?  :troll:

in otherwords

doesnt matter what they did you would still complain

you - dont like anything they added to shadows, or any reused content, or the giant - and wont even bat an eye lid at the other gamemodes

Treyarch - well we fu%^*& give up then

ProRevenge used a nacht "prefab" therefore "only" had to make new areas - and mostly used WAW assets for the mapping. Not "remake" the "entire" map, along with every asset "in" the map.... Massivly different. And artistic choice. These guys obviously decided this is how "the map der riese" is meant to be - they did design it in the first place after all

sounds to me like you just were not up for "this map"

doesnt matter what they did to it - at all

stuff they didnt do = bad, stuff they did do = bad

I fully expected it to be the same, but unlike what people are saying i wont be deluded enough to call it a "reskin"

Clearly the entire map has been rebuilt from the ground up, every single texture, fx, mod, gunmodel, light, perk - has been completely remade from scratch

The layout is the layout. Thats just how it is, granted new areas would have been nice - but then people will just complain they dont like them either

I expected the new guns - and again expected every one to complain

And bringing BO1 into the discussion is pointless. It was a complete port, not a remake. Even the wall weapons did not change

Just like kino, it was developed on WAW and ported to BO1, with no differences at all except for the box guns

Even the graphic engine was barely any different, and both ran on the SP engine

this is "completely" fresh, and something everyone keeps putting aside is - this is a way more powerful engine, there will be even greater stuff to come, just having a nice fluid game which is barely effected by ping should be enough to wet your tastes - and half the things everyone is saying "makes no difference" like the amazing new graphics, it does, oh it does. Even just the new beautiful fx is great. Then factor in the new texture stuff like real lighting, bloom lighting, heat mapping, envision mapping etc

read between the lines, they have given us about 90% of what we have been complaining we wanted

and anyone complaining about "reused" features....

You must hate CZs then as nearly everything is a "remade" treyarch asset until recently

Plus half these ideas? They were literally only ever used "once", whats wrong with using them again? Still using guns arent we? So 1999

Still using perks arent we? So 2005

Still using doors arent we? also very 2005

Still using people arent we? So 1000000BC

The game has run flawlessly for me since i first played it, even on multiscreen. And I for one am loving it
Post by: ZombieSlayer5778 on November 09, 2015, 10:14:52 pm

Der Riese from BO1 was a remake of the original WaW one. So why should Treyarch bring us a SECOND remake? We don't need a second. What we need is to expand upon ideas and make the most of the new BO3 stuff such as wall jumping. I just think Treyarch could have done more, that's all.
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 10:27:24 pm
i didn't add a link because I didn't see it necessary, I think people can find it themselves, and I'm not on my computer, so it difficults things. Takes longer to navigate,and is more difficult.

The graphics does matter, yes. But simply changing how it looks doesn't in MY opinion make it fresher, newer or a better experience. I like to play with good graphics, but it doesn't change my look at the game. there are still games with the worst of graphics that I prefer to this very day.

The weapons ARE nice, though alot of them feel quite similar to eachother. I like the weapons, but for the whole map, changing the weapons doesn't make it any better.

What they did was great. I like the new systems, gobblegum and whatnot. But using it to resell the map we already knew? Not great.

You have really gotten this wrong.
MY OPINION, is that I don't mind these features, I just feel they didn't change the map enough for me to find it as good as you...
SoE reuses alot of old ideas, but it also beings new ones. It is a good map, but I didn't like how some of the features felt recycled.

Everyone has their opinion. I don't work at Treyarch. They know better than me what to use and what not to use when creating a map. I'm only stating how I feel about the choices they made. Last time I checked this post is still for your own thoughts on the Bo3 Zombies, no?

Maybe you're right.
Maybe I am another one of these "whining kids". It seems the second you state your opinion, if it is negative, you get filled with responses from people claiming you are a stubborn brat that doesn't know what he/she is talking about? Let people share their opinions, please. I might seem "hard to satisfy" in your book, but the way I see it it's just another opinion on this game we all play. :)

Sorry for any misspelling, wrote on my phone.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 10:33:16 pm
Not bad really if that huge batch of text was done on a phone lol
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 10:35:07 pm
Not bad really if that huge batch of text was done on a phone lol

Heh, cheers mate. It's not always easy in the life of a viking  :please:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 10:38:49 pm
Heh, cheers mate. It's not always easy in the life of a viking  :please:
I cant type anything on this site on my phone, super jumpy and laggy, before ultimately safari just crashes lol

chats even worse on my phone
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 10:39:39 pm
Der Riese from BO1 was a remake of the original WaW one. So why should Treyarch bring us a SECOND remake? We don't need a second. What we need is to expand upon ideas and make the most of the new BO3 stuff such as wall jumping. I just think Treyarch could have done more, that's all.
no BO1 had a "port" of the "original"

This is a complete "remake" with every single asset remastered, and a entirely different mod running. Please read

Its the same layout, and still has 3 teleporters and dogs. Beyond that, youll find most things have changed, yes apart from the structures....

Maps have been "remade" throughout the history of gaming, dunno why y'all keep bringing that up now. The alternative is we cant play Der Riese "at all" coz no one is ever on old gen, and most may have traded in to get this
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 10:40:35 pm
I assume it's an IOS, as you mentioned safari? I use a 5s with IPS 9.1, runa pretty well but takes some time moving around the forum.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 10:41:25 pm
It is but im on Ios 7 coz im jailbroken and too lazy to update it safely
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 10:42:22 pm
Could explain why. :please:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 10:53:36 pm
Could explain why. :please:
lol doubt it, every other website looks fine and it never worked even when IOS 7 was new and my phone "wasnt" jailobroken so...

lol plus ive used other internet explorers that i downloaded through cydia, none seem any better

even my work PC struggles with this site

* Edit * Like right now, where its telling me i have a unread reply on this topic - but that reply is me and the notification will not go away lol
Post by: Scobalula on November 09, 2015, 11:16:46 pm
And then my Galaxy Trend Plus, little shitty €79.99 Android Phone, runs the site fine with Safari. :poker:

Back on topic: I think they done an absolutely great job with the Giant, why fuck up and already awesome map? They took the right decision in redesigning it and keeping as our old time favourite. Of course this is only from observation of videos and pictures, I still need to enjoy it from myself, but clearly from the videos I have been watching the upgraded engine, overall re-design, new weapons and all the rest, it is pretty good. Hopefully Treyarch sort out the lag issues by time I upgrade.

I'm holding back watching SOE videos since it's something I want to enjoy myself without spoiling, so I can't speak for it at all.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 11:27:54 pm
And then my Galaxy Trend Plus, little shitty €79.99 Android Phone, runs the site fine with Safari. :poker:

Back on topic: I think they done an absolutely great job with the Giant, why fuck up and already awesome map? They took the right decision in redesigning it and keeping as our old time favourite. Of course this is only from observation of videos and pictures, I still need to enjoy it from myself, but clearly from the videos I have been watching the upgraded engine, overall re-design, new weapons and all the rest, it is pretty good. Hopefully Treyarch sort out the lag issues by time I upgrade.

I'm holding back watching SOE videos since it's something I want to enjoy myself without spoiling, so I can't speak for it at all.
I think thats the deciding factor really - to try yourself

I absolutely hated tiger woods golf - while watching

Played it - loved it

Cant decide everything on just watching, you dont get the "feel" :)

Not directed at you, response to the many many others judging it solely on youtube
Post by: Exofile on November 09, 2015, 11:49:34 pm
I think thats the deciding factor really - to try yourself

I absolutely hated tiger woods gold - while watching

Played it - loved it

Cant decide everything on just watching, you dont get the "feel" :)

Not directed at you, response to the many many others judging it solely on youtube

I was one of these until I got to try it out myself first hand. It'S a great remake, and many people are satisfied and more with it. I'm excited for what comes next, really hope they don't focus too much on the SoE storyline, the Original Four have the best going for them in my opinion. :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 09, 2015, 11:51:04 pm
I was one of these until I got to try it out myself first hand. It'S a great remake, and many people are satisfied and more with it. I'm excited for what comes next, really hope they don't focus too much on the SoE storyline, the Original Four have the best going for them in my opinion. :)
I think we will keep getting content for those guys, maybe in a lesser form, but im sure there will still be stuff for them
Post by: DeletedUser on November 10, 2015, 06:55:02 am

for once i can actually agree with you... but seriously people need too get off their high horse and stop bitching about a game thats been out for less that a week. Who cares if its a remake, it looks badass and shiny as fuck. so what if its hard, it just makes getting too high rounds more of an accomplishment. SOE is an awesome map. yeah they rehashed some things from past games, but who cares. beast mode and digsites are cool. widows wine is incredibly powerful and gets you out of some really hairy situations. five different elemental paps for each weapon! gobble gum/permaperks. and a fucking zombies campaign. they have given us just abut everything that we have been asking for, for years, and the first thing we, one of the largest communities in zombies does is bitch about the little stuff.

Back on topic i love everything about the map except for multiplayer. MP blows.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 06:57:06 am
for once i can actually agree with you... but seriously people need too get off their high horse and stop bitching about a game thats been out for less that a week. Who cares if its a remake, it looks badass and shiny as fuck. so what if its hard, it just makes getting too high rounds more of an accomplishment. SOE is an awesome map. yeah they rehashed some things from past games, but who cares. beast mode and digsites are cool. widows wine is incredibly powerful and gets you out of some really hairy situations. five different elemental paps for each weapon! gobble gum/permaperks. and a fucking zombies campaign. they have given us just abut everything that we have been asking for, for years, and the first thing we, one of the largest communities in zombies does is bitch about the little stuff.

Back on topic i love everything about the map except for multiplayer. MP blows.
dont forget, even more camos on your "non" upgraded guns - and attachments

first thing i tried, then when i was lobby hunting everyones like "OMG howd you get a papd weapon here!?"

me - eh? i didnt? lol
Post by: DeletedUser on November 10, 2015, 07:00:08 am
dont forget, even more camos on your "non" upgraded guns

first thing i tried, then when i was lobby hunting everyones like "OMG howd you get a papd weapon here!?"

me - eh? i didnt? lol

and lets also not forget the ability too customize you wall/box weapons! and the liquid energy vile things too!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 07:05:28 am
and lets also not forget the ability too customize you wall/box weapons! and the liquid energy vile things too!
thats what i just said
Post by: Exofile on November 10, 2015, 07:44:06 am
I love how you call it bitching, when everyone has their own opinions and expectations. Everyone feels differently about how something should be, and if the end-result didn't end up the way you hoped for, you're allowed to express your dissappointment. :please:

There is a difference between plain out "bitching", as you call it, and expressing dissapointment for something you'd have hoped ended up differently. Please stop naming it "bitching", everyone has different opinions, and if it's a bad opinion they're not stupid or un-knowing of the subject. It's an opinion. :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 07:47:40 am
I love how you call it bitching, when everyone has their own opinions and expectations. Everyone feels differently about how something should be, and if the end-result didn't end up the way you hoped for, you're allowed to express your dissappointment. :please:

There is a difference between plain out "bitching", as you call it, and expressing dissapointment for something you'd have hoped ended up differently. Please stop naming it "bitching", everyone has different opinions, and if it's a bad opinion they're not stupid or un-knowing of the subject. It's an opinion. :)
lol "you" might not be "bitchin" but the others "were"

and lets be honest, when was the last time we saw someone download a CZ map to just "play", so ofc this is no different. Theres quite a few who i know havent got the game, or they would have already posted pic after pic of what they see as "bad"

As soon as they get it, i garuntee they find fault with anything. Its like people have forgotten what artistic "choice" is these days lol.

People think its all about picking fault and doing nothing but looking for things they have a problem with rather than just playing the game 10x and see what sticks

and like we said earlier, all those who were "bitchin" started their "bitchin" with "I havent played it.... but i dont like it!!!"

lol ;)

You literally cannot satisfy people who are only "satisfied" by being "unsatisfied" by bad quality. Realistically i think they actually get more of a kick from finding a bug than playing a beautiful new or remastered map
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 10, 2015, 08:03:49 am
"I havent played it.... but i dont like it!!!"

I haven't played it... I don't have it... but I like so much :'(

Actually the point of Bo3, is not the game itself. The only things that people complain about is game optimization, and maybe size. People who like to bitch, often don't look at the bright side, they just try to emphasize or stress out the drawbacks, therefore losing the validity of their argument. I doubt even treyarch would even care for all this moaning and bitching.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 10, 2015, 08:30:43 am
I haven't played it... I don't have it... but I like so much :'(

Actually the point of Bo3, is not the game itself. The only things that people complain about is game optimization, and maybe size. People who like to bitch, often don't look at the bright side, they just try to emphasize or stress out the drawbacks, therefore losing the validity of their argument. I doubt even treyarch would even care for all this moaning and bitching.
lol you said what i was trying to say

complaining for the sake of complaining

If the complainers said even one positive thing they would have some credibility, but anything you say like "oh well it has this" then they are just like : "oh yea, well that sucks too anyway blah blah" lol
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 10, 2015, 12:53:09 pm

Quit bitching Exo :troll:

You literally cannot satisfy people who are only "satisfied" by being "unsatisfied" by bad quality. Realistically i think they actually get more of a kick from finding a bug than playing a beautiful new or remastered map

This right there sums up so many people in this 'community'.

But like I said to you, as long as we're enjoying the game, which (now I can run it smoothly) I most certainly am, who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks? :nyan:
Post by: Scobalula on November 10, 2015, 01:17:00 pm
Friend let me borrow his copy, Stevie's suggestion worked for me, still some stuttering in campaign but zombies ran fine.

I must say before you complain about it give it a go, very promising and with the new features can't wait to see what custom maps bring.

For anyone having serious issues (which is about 70% of the PC users) I found that going into Task Manager - Processes and changing the priority for BO3 to 'high' (by default it's 'low' for some reason) improves performance a lot, and I have FPS capped at 58 as apparently having it just below your screen's refresh rate (for me 60) also helps with the lagging.
Post by: steviewonder87 on November 14, 2015, 06:01:02 pm
(https://i.gyazo.com/45d343d0dabc161a4d7a7785cfd85c06.jpg)

I'm fucking loving the gumballs :D

(https://i.gyazo.com/6b3391c1106d068e1fcb587a3bf0d2ee.jpg)

And because of some other gumballs didn't have to buy another single perk all game.