Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Modding WaW in 2023
Signature
I strongly advise ignoring any previous post I made as an edgy and cynical teenager
zsftw115's Groups
Ever since Zomb1e-kllr released the tutorials on how to do jump scares, there have been quite a number of maps that have been using them recently. What do I think of them? I hate them. I have always hated jump scares and I will never stop hating them. Especially when it comes to custom zombies.

Ever since ZK released the tutorials for them, I haven't been able to go into a custom map normally anymore. I've always had to watch a video of the custom map itself just to make sure that there aren't any jump scares, and if there is any, it completely ruins it for me. I for one love scary, horror themed maps but if the map is just a simple map with a jump scare through every fuckin door of the map (I'm looking at you JR) it ruins it completely. Jump scares weren't even an idea until Treyarch did it in Mob of the Dead and Origins, and the way they did it is completely different from how Treyarch did it.

Treyarch's way of activating a jump scare: aiming at a certain point of the map from a certain area with a scoped sniper rifle. ZK's way of activating a jump scare: walking through a fucking door. :kidding:

If you're gonna make a scary map, don't fill it with a bunch of jump scares and not even fucking take pride with it. Learn from Chromastone10 and add scary sounds and effects and design the map how a scary map should look. What do you guys think?
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I dont mind jumpscares but I agree, the map has to be scary and the jumpscares should fit the atmosphere. I hate seeing a bright and colorful map only to have a jumpscare for no reason. I would like jumpscares to be in horror type maps.
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
I have strongly disliked the idea of a jump scare since prison mission by ZK.

When UGX play is ready to roll, a jumpscare tag would be greatly appreciated. A scary map is made through atmosphere, making the zombies much more fearsome should they be right behind you. Not an image of Pazuzzu playing peak a boo.

Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of them all.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I have strongly disliked the idea of a jump scare since prison mission by ZK.

When UGX play is ready to roll, a jumpscare tag would be greatly appreciated. A scary map is made through atmosphere, making the zombies much more fearsome should they be right behind you. Not an image of Pazuzzu playing peak a boo.

Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of them all.

Well said. I also dislike them. Novel at first but they are not really a zombie kinda thing. They cheapen maps in my opinion.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 1 hour ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
If jumpscares were meant to be in a map, then they should be used in a correct way, and in the suitable and correct map too. Jumpscares that happen every 5 meters you walk or every door you open make a good chance of ruining the map. I also hope ZK is offended by the above posts and then stops making maps :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I also hope ZK is offended by the above posts and then stops making maps :(

Whoa... that's a bit much, is it not? Hopefully you meant stops making jumpscares in his maps.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
I've only seen like 3 maps out there with the jumpscare. Prison Mission, Bridge and I can't remember the last one. I don't really mind them but I don't like them. All though some one recently said that on his map he might have a doge jumpscare which would make me laugh my ass off.
 :D
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
My entire map is a jumpscare, that starts very slowly and then crawls into your head, lay eggs, then hatch into little spiders of insanity, making you more paranoid with each step that there might be the most terrifying jump scare you have ever witnessed as every ghostly moan, wolf howl, hanging body give you the ever growing fear of something about to jump out from behind a door and scream in your pathetic, cowering face, dripping with sweat, ready to empty your bowels, the question is...when will it happen? is there even a jumpscare on my map? no, there isn't..... or is there? MuhahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA..... have a good time playing my map once it's released....
Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:13:39 pm by chromastone10
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
My entire map is a jumpscare, that starts very slowly and then crawls into your head, lay eggs, then hatch into little spiders of insanity, making you more paranoid with each step that there might be the most terrifying jump scare you have ever witnessed as every ghostly moan, wolf howl, hanging body give you the ever growing fear of something about to jump out from behind a door and scream in your pathetic, cowering face, dripping with sweat, ready to empty your bowels, the question is...when will it happen? is there even a jumpscare on my map? no, there isn't..... or is there? MuhahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA..... have a good time playing my map once it's released....
Will you please be nice and add a version without a jumpscare, dont be like Treyarch by not listen to the community :alone:
                 This comment was dedicated to Black ops 2 Death by origins ending & Vonderhaar
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I don't see why a jump scare "ruins" a map. In what way it the map ruined? Are you really that mad that a mapper pulled one over on you? Did these jump scares blow up your computer? Did they make your body completely seize, paralyzing you from the neck down? Were these jump scares such a life changing event that you felt that it was necessary to post a topic about it? Can you please explain to me why the map is considered "ruined" after a simple jump scare, because apparently I don't get it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
I don't see why a jump scare "ruins" a map. In what way it the map ruined? Are you really that mad that a mapper pulled one over on you? Did these jump scares blow up your computer? Did they make your body completely seize, paralyzing you from the neck down? Were these jump scares such a life changing event that you felt that it was necessary to post a topic about it? Can you please explain to me why the map is considered "ruined" after a simple jump scare, because apparently I don't get it.
I dont mind jumpscares but I agree, the map has to be scary and the jumpscares should fit the atmosphere. I hate seeing a bright and colorful map only to have a jumpscare for no reason. I would like jumpscares to be in horror type maps.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Will you please be nice and add a version without a jumpscare, dont be like Treyarch by not listen to the community :alone:
                 This comment was dedicated to Black ops 2 Death by origins ending & Vonderhaar

I seriously doubt that he is going to release another version without jump scares. I guess you just wont play it because its "ruined" now.

Double Post Merge: October 01, 2014, 11:37:52 pm
Didn't Prison Mission have a rather scary atmosphere? Creepy background music, dark hallways, ect. I thought the jump scares fit that map quite nicely.
Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:37:52 pm by MZslayer11
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
I seriously doubt that he is going to release another version without jump scares. I guess you just wont play it because its "ruined" now.
Im speaking for the Community (People who cant handle jumpscares)
so if you want to play with jumpscares in the map go ahead, I wont stop you. But if others dont want a heart attack go complain to those people.
F.Y.I. The walking dead isnt even scary enough to add jumpscares. I wouldn't waste my favorite show by watching a really important part and suddenly a picture of Jeff the killer or Chucky or a yawning girl (thats right Bridge 1.6, seriously) shows up playing loud chime for a split second and goes back to that part. :facepalm2:
Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:47:23 pm by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
Im speaking to Anyone complaining about the jump scares .... Just piss off :) that's all people do now is bitch and moan. Hears a thought download the mod tools make a custom texture of pink and rainbows and make a map.... That will show your true colors you Lil baby's  >:(
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Im speaking to Anyone complaining about the jump scares .... Just piss off :) that's all people do now is bitch and moan. Hears a thought download the mod tools make a custom texture of pink and rainbows and make a map.... That will show your true colors you Lil baby's  >:(
Haha they do bitch all the time, even when you put a lot of effort into shit.

Loading ...