Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I am a really big fan of the Advanced Warfare campaign story. I thought the characters were likable, the performances good overall for both the goodguy side and badguys; the story was entertaining as you get used to a very high tech new world. Kevin Spacey was great and the twists in the story were fun and actually seemed believable. To me it felt like it could make a great standalone movie or miniseries.

Black Ops 3 on the other hand I had no idea what was going almost the entire time. After 30 seconds into each mission I couldn't remember the convoluted explanation as to why or what I was supposed to be doing I just kept walking forward and shooting stuff. Even after reading the breakdown of the story on multiple websites it's painfully confusing and I feel straight up insulted that after 3 years they felt my Xbone deserved to have someone take this steaming dump into it. I also don't remember liking any characters in the story but whatever.

I'm not asking for a COD game to be a freakin' profound war-time epic, but the BO3 story seemed like it took VERY bad storytelling to a new low. What do you guys think?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Same as you tom. I played the AW campaign on my XBOX360 . The story was likeable and connected . Bo3 ? :please:.
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
I completely agree man. I personally loved Advanced warfares story. I got into the campaign when Xbox was down last Christmas and beat the campaign and I quite frankly enjoyed it. The performance was really good and the story was well told. I didn't have to look the game up on Wikipedia to know what was happening. Plus the characters were very likable, I loved Kevin spaceys role and the other characters were likable as well.

Black ops 3 on the other hand, polar opposite of AW. Confusing story, very bad campaign performance (40FPS DROPS!? Come on treyarch!) I never found a mission where the fps stayed above 50. Even after reading up on the story in Wikipedia, I still don't understand it. The missions felt really boring in my opinion and none of the characters felt memorable.

To me, black ops 3 is still on my Xbox only because of zombies. I feel it's the worst game treyarch has made to date. And one of the worst cod games ever.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Less story, more bang bang. So sick of the non skip-able cinema's. Point me in a direction with a gun and plenty of targets, good game. What I would really like to see in the story line, is a way to skip it all together. I mean, I think the story line should tell itself in the game play really.
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:26:50 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Less story, more bang bang. So sick of the non skip-able cinema's. Point me in a direction with a gun and plenty of targets, good game. What I would really like to see in the story line, is a way to skip it all together. I mean, I think the story line should tell itself in the game play really.
So, Serious Sam 3 then?  :D
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
So, Serious Sam 3 then?  :D

Um, I was thinking more Halo 2 style, but that game looks pretty funny, never played it.

Edit: You know, where you actually did things between cut scenes besides walking. You were actually tired and needed a break, but could still skip them. So I guess its more the game play, or lack there of than the story... that I have issues with. Although BO3 had scenes where I couldn't get past the guy talking, which was really annoying.
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:14:41 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Your description pretty much covered my feelings on the subject. I actually enjoyed playing the AW campaign and although the story was a little too Hollywood cliché the performances were good and the missions enjoyable.

Now... as a huge fan of BO1 and BO2's campaigns I actually disliked every minute of the BO3 campaign. Seriously, I cannot remember enjoying a single mission. It was so tedious how they were obviously trying to be smart and mind fuck us from the second mission but even though I could see what they were doing, I just didn't care. It is the least enjoyable COD campaign I have played through. Didn't relate or sympathize with any of the characters either. It was also trying to throw too much stuff at the player at once which left people confused at to what was even going on. Very disappointing to say the least.

Obviously with my complete disdain for the campaign I am sure you can imagine how utterly delighted I was to find out the "Huge Zombie Unlock!" for completing the campaign was just the campaign again... but with a few zombies thrown in here and there, a cringworthy mystery box and bland power up drops. I hate to be negative but seriously Treyarch?

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Obviously with my complete disdain for the campaign I am sure you can imagine how utterly delighted I was to find out the "Huge Zombie Unlock!" for completing the campaign was just the campaign again... but with a few zombies thrown in here and there, a cringworthy mystery box and bland power up drops. I hate to be negative but seriously Treyarch?
I actually liked the Nightmares mode. After playing through the campaign getting to play through the same levels, now zombiefied, actually gave me a strange horror deja vu feeling. It felt very arcade-like with the gun drops and zombie spawns. I found myself chuckling quite a few times as I'd say to myself, "This is more fun than the main campaign that they spent actual time on."
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Am I the only who enjoyed BO3 campaign? :please:

At first I didnt get everything what was happening, but when I started thinking through it few times, I started connecting the dots. Then ending was a mindfuck and I liked it. Never played AW campaign, so I cant really compare to it. Havent played Nightmares also yet, except first mission and its cool in a sense. Its not what everyone wanted, but its something still
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
bo3 campaign was more better than AW
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

bo3 campaign was more better betterer than AW.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
You make a compelling argument. I may be persuaded to change my opinion.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
bo3 campaign was more better betterer than AW.
yeah now that i read it, i write all wrong :D

like always...
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
I defiantly agree tom, i was so disappointed and confused with bo3 campaign, its the only cod campaign i have played only once. I did enjoy AW campaign, but i still felt the "twist" was pretty obvious.

Loading ...