Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links

3. Can I skip adding perks and weapon purchases and doors? I've got an idea for map but these 3 things conflict with it. Don't worry, I think it will still be fun :)

Shedding light on the idea, may give you more of a definitive answer.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 April 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
nikzaks's Groups
nikzaks's Contact & Social Links
Oh hello, everybody! It appears it's my first post here so letme introduce first - I'm BraXi, author of CoD4 Deathrun Mod and a guy who helped developing CoD Reign of The Undead Mod, I also like mapping and doing 'things&stuff' , oh and I hate zombies... that's why I'm killing them all ::)

Looks like I've finally found a SERIOUS mapping competition so it's time to dust of Radiant, install CoD:WaW and enter competition  :accepted:

Good luck to everybody participating! :D

Here are some screenshots from my previous projects http://imgur.com/a/cRis6 (sorry but some are from diferent map versions and often a WIP)

Edit: I've got some questions regarding map design
1. are we allowed to manipulate weather and time (day/night cycle)?
2. can environment be destroyable?
3. Can I skip adding perks and purchaseable doors? I've got an idea for map but these 2 things conflict with it, I'd tell more about why I prefeer to not include them, but then my map wouldn't be a suprise  :accepted:

and can we use music we've got right for (for example a friend makes ambient sound/music for my map)?

Spoiler: click to open...
Cool test.
Date Registered: 8 October 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
BraXi's Groups
BraXi's Contact & Social LinksthebraxiDeath Run forums
Shedding light on the idea, may give you more of a definitive answer.

I'd like to have my map story (read: objectives) driven, with a good and bad ending, i think I'll let players purchase something inbetween waves, just not sure if I should add perks. Sadly, I cannot tell more  8)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Oh hello, everybody! It appears it's my first post here so letme introduce first - I'm BraXi, author of CoD4 Deathrun Mod and a guy who helped developing CoD Reign of The Undead Mod, I also like mapping and doing 'things&stuff' , oh and I hate zombies... that's why I'm killing them all ::)
Welcome to the site!

3. Can I skip adding perks and purchaseable doors? I've got an idea for map but these 2 things conflict with it, I'd tell more about why I prefeer to not include them, but then my map wouldn't be a suprise  :accepted:

and can we use music we've got right for (for example a friend makes ambient sound/music for my map)?
1. You are allowed to make it whatever weather and time you want, but keep in mind the recommendations that Gunns4Hire wrote in the first topic, which suggest not making the map dark or foggy because it will look bad after YouTube converts their video and screws around with the colors - which will affect your score.
2. Yes
3. I really suggest you don't skip adding perks and doors. Those things are key elements of CoDWAW Zombies and I would imagine that leaving them out will kill your score. I certainly would not bother playing a map that was listed as not having perks or purchasable doors if I were browsing maps on the forum.
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.

Looks like I've finally found a SERIOUS mapping competition so it's time to dust of Radiant, install CoD:WaW and enter competition  :accepted:

Good luck to everybody participating! :D

Here are some screenshots from my previous projects http://imgur.com/a/cRis6 (sorry but some are from diferent map versions and often a WIP)

I won't be having perks in my map, i will be having another way of earning them  8) same with the doors
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I won't be having perks in my map, i will be having another way of earning them  8) same with the doors
I think he was suggesting that he wouldn't have perks at all, not that he was not going to have the machines for them. But maybe I misunderstood.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I'd like to have my map story (read: objectives) driven, with a good and bad ending, i think I'll let players purchase something inbetween waves, just not sure if I should add perks. Sadly, I cannot tell more  8)

do you mean no perks at all or just the inability to buy them? i think we should be able to get them in some way or form
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Um, I'm not going to lie. Giving $1000 to a charity is a complete waste. Fact: 99% of the money you give is going to go into the pockets of the people who run the charity. It would actually be a wiser investment to buy an iPhone. At least if you buy the iPhone you are keeping the starving children in China employed for another 30 minutes. Boom!

Or you could invest the money in a charity close at your home, you don't have to go far, not everyone in the first world has a good life like us.
Date Registered: 27 February 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
I like the half of you double so much that you must earn it, or the double!
Cold_banana's Groups
Cold_banana's Contact & Social LinksCold-Bananathekingofmk7
I think you should half the prize amounts for this competition and hold another one with another theme after this one with the rest of the money. That way there will be more maps more winners and every one is happy
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 22 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
You guys, I mean the team members, have any map in mind to release in the contest, I'm really curious to know ::)
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think you should half the prize amounts for this competition and hold another one with another theme after this one with the rest of the money. That way there will be more maps more winners and every one is happy

No need to half anything. If enough people participate in this contest, there is a good chance there will be another, with the same amount or even more prizes. We love the zombie community and we'll do anything to keep it alive and thriving.
Date Registered: 9 May 2014
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
GTTClan's Groups
I'm in this Gunns. Thank you for this opportunity.
I'm still working on Meats house but I guess I'll put it aside for a bit if I have too.
Let's do this >:D I'm so hyped right now!
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I'm in this Gunns. Thank you for this opportunity.
I'm still working on Meats house but I guess I'll put it aside for a bit if I have too.
Let's do this >:D I'm so hyped right now!

Awesome man, put your growing skills to work.
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Are you supposed to sign up before or after the 11th?
I should have asked this beforehand ::)
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
last night i thought and completely changed my idea for my map, and many features that haven't popped up in very many maps, and some that have never been in any maps. I plan to give you experienced people a run for your money. :lied:
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:04:34 pm by arceus

Loading ...