UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[VOTE/POLL] UGX Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest 2015 Submissions!

POLLHOTPINNED
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by treminaor

Poll

Question: Vote for the best map submission below. Please consider the quality of the map visuals/detail, the quality and amount of custom features, and the quality of the map layout/gameplay style in your vote! There will be a two week period of voting.

1. Dead Palace by Riptide1106 http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7376.0.html
9 (9%)
2. Zombie San Cristobal by KDXDARK http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7294.0.html
4 (4%)
3. Strandburg by Centric http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7575.0.html
1 (1%)
4. The Abandoned Mine by gamer9294 http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7488.0.html
5 (5%)
5. Abandoned School by JBird632 http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7276.0.html
39 (39%)
6. Estate of the Dead by jei9363 http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7349.0.html
6 (6%)
7. Wayne Manor by whippytrout http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7299.0.html
4 (4%)
8. Plague Island by Noahst http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7292.0.html
2 (2%)
9. Encampment by ProRevenge http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7914.0.html
17 (17%)
10. Project Yeti by chromastone10 http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9214.0.html
13 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: December 09, 2015, 09:44:17 pm

Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I don't want people's vote to be biased by which maps are/aren't in the lead, so I hid the vote totals.
Thats acutually pretty smart.

I have my top 3 already.

3) San christobal.
 as the map is to be based on the mappers home town, Its best to hide out in a familiar area, Know which part of town is best to set up a train area. Where to escape and to rest at the most defensive area.
Also its MW series weapons, the weapons are pretty decent.

2) Estate (of the dead).

Although I did test the map myself and gave out ideas to buff up the ante, I do have to be fair, the map does have alot of custom content; an actual boss (not just your big fat zombie), A custom perk, and even an Iphone. but the detail of the map needs to be put into. I enjoyed the map but there was 1 more.

1) Abandoned School

The map does have a Treyarch developer style (I still go with the JBIRD Conspiracy as he's part of/Is treyarch), And even a custom mod with different challenges. The weapons and layout is pretty good choices. but everytime I play coop, Its always a clusterf*ck when it comes to everyone wanting to train in either the Pool or the Gym.

The boss also lacks features as it is a big fat zombie. but with a chainsaw to 1 Hit You -__-

The weapons lacked variety too, as the weapons are just divided into 2 categories: OP, and Point bulider.
Once you get set up, you're practically the meant to last up until the 50's (my 1st ever game to make it to round 50).
You can get the jetgun easily out of the box, along with 2 other OP weapons, the Raygun MK2 or the Titus-6 (dont get me wrong, the Titus-6 is my favorite weapon) and I down with just F**king up with boredom.

I just wish JBird stayed with the Black ops mod.

NOTE: 2 & 1 Were both at a tie for me
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
umm , i don't want to be rude and not give anyone my vote ... lots of mappers work hard on thier maps i know that gg all (i hope you all win guys) but my vote goes to JBIRD632 consider it a favor ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
ENCAMPMENT by ProRevenge, whoop whoop. Fucking amazing map, same with most of the other maps. Congrats to all the mappers ;)
Date Registered: 11 September 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
neanesis's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
neanesis's Contact & Social LinksNeanesisNeanesisNeanesisNeanesisNeanesis
Well, i need to play it before :)
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
I don't want people's vote to be biased by which maps are/aren't in the lead, so I hid the vote totals.

Sorry if it's obvbious, but why not just hide votes until you've voted? Iirc there is an option for it..  ;)
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Sorry if it's obvbious, but why not just hide votes until you've voted? Iirc there is an option for it..  ;)

Because then people could start filling each other in on who's in the lead, so the problem is still there.

You'll still find out who wins in the end. :D
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Yeah, I just didn't think people would be bothered to do such, but I forget at times that this is UGX, people will go far to get what they want :D
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 12 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Now I'm really excited to see two maps at a tie with each other. :D
Date Registered: 12 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
If you enjoy my work, feel free to donate!

https://www.paypal.me/Stainbrook762
Noahst's Groups
Noahst's Contact & Social LinksNoah StainbrookNoah115007Noah4518Noah stainbrook
well thanks man, im glad you liked it..
Date Registered: 27 July 2013
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
UltzZ's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
UltzZ's Contact & Social LinksN/AUltzZUltzZOfficialUltimatumzZUltzZYouTube Channel
I have to say, I'm distraught between both Abandoned School and Wayne Manor. Abandon School is a very good map, its simple, not to complex and it shows off exactly how a custom map should be done. I love the detail, the boss and the easter egg. However, while all that stuff may excite me, I am going to have to give my vote to Wayne Manor. It was a little big for me and the easter egg had me looking up how to get the second key for the clock (the rest I figured out with a viewer on stream) but, and this is a very big but.... the ending to Wayne Manor. Holy hell, it was absolutely fantastic. Not in a long time have I ever been so frightened by custom zombies, or just pumped up and excited. It's been a hell of a long time since that "Wow Factor" has been in a custom zombies map. Absolutely fantastic map design from the both of you and to the rest of the mappers. My vote goes to Wayne Manor since it was the only one that had something "exciting".
Date Registered: 17 August 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Dirtyworkz's Groups
Dirtyworkz's Contact & Social Links
1) Strandburg (loved the EE)
2) Abandoned school (loved the layout)
3) Encampement

so far but didnt like at all some of them (project yeti sorry)
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
Having played abandoned school map along with the others i found overall this map the best for surviving a zombie apocalypse. Features including a trap and a wonderweapon , a uniquie boss zombie from KF , options in menu for FOV , hitmarkers and zombie counter. The map and level design are also excellent to look at and play in.

The starting of the map in co op is fun to re unite with your team mates . This way of starting zombies seems more towards teamwork than 4 players racing for points in the start room ( with less than 4 spawn in points). Leading to an evenly spaced journey for the players (most games) to meet in the power / pool area.  An optional easter egg ending ( i am not an easter egg player unless there is a reward ) and this is about surviving not hunting.

I will state this choice came to a final decision between abandoned school and encampment Encampement is also an amazing map ,however to "survive" i would prefer to use a trap to kill zombies with high HP than grinding with MGs. Having no decoy weapon ( that we found ) made reviving in co op very tight for time , and being good at reviving it was still barely enough time to revive without taking damage  :) The design of encampement is really well thought , the weapon sounds are very good too. I like the randomised perks and the way the map can be opened different ways to allow for multiple strategies .

All the maps were fun to play good work all involved :)

Double Post Merge: November 28, 2015, 04:33:28 am
umm , i don't want to be rude and not give anyone my vote ... lots of mappers work hard on thier maps i know that gg all (i hope you all win guys) but my vote goes to JBIRD632 consider it a favor ;)

I think you should vote on the map based on the criteria of the competition rather than "As a favour"  ::) 

Even so if you were to do that it seems quite strange to write it on a post.  Not sure if these mappers want votes as favours but vote on the criteria and quality of the finished map / mod. In fact it says in the rules not to vote based on this type of reason.
Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:33:28 am by pcmodder
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
ouch dude ???

Ech i don't really play maps very often and his was the only one i was keeping track of.
Date Registered: 12 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Noahst's Groups
Noahst's Contact & Social LinksNoah StainbrookNoah115007Noah4518Noah stainbrook
i definitly dont want charity votes..
Date Registered: 7 May 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
CraftBrewMan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
CraftBrewMan's Contact & Social LinksCraftBrewManCraftBrewMan
Why is this MAP Contest not more prominently promoted?  Is it me or you almost have to stumble upon it.  All these maps look great and bet more folks would play them and vote if they knew this was going on.  Suggestion how about making the first map slot in your cycling banner up top an advertisement for this map contest!!  You can move Requiem to the second slot.  Cannot wait to try these maps!

Loading ...