UGX-Mods

Contests => Past Contests => UGX-Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest 2015 => Topic started by: treminaor on November 23, 2015, 08:14:06 am

Title: [VOTE/POLL] UGX Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest 2015 Submissions!
Post by: treminaor on November 23, 2015, 08:14:06 am
Welcome to the voting thread for the 2015 UGX Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest! Please read the rules above the poll before voting!

The winners will be chosen in exactly two weeks.

Users with fewer than 20 posts will not be allowed to vote, in order to prevent fraudulent votes from people creating duplicate accounts.
Title: Re: [VOTE/POLL] UGX Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest 2015 Submissions!
Post by: Exofile on November 25, 2015, 09:51:10 pm
Finally! Going to be exciting to see who wins.
Post by: HitmanVere on November 25, 2015, 10:01:25 pm
Can we discuss in this topic for what maps we voted for?

Edit: And all votes disappeared for me
Post by: treminaor on November 25, 2015, 10:06:50 pm
Can we discuss in this topic for what maps we voted for?
yeah feel free
Post by: SirJammy on November 25, 2015, 10:08:23 pm
Votes have vanished?  :poker:
Post by: treminaor on November 25, 2015, 10:09:26 pm
Votes have vanished?  :poker:
I don't want people's vote to be biased by which maps are/aren't in the lead, so I hid the vote totals.
Post by: SirJammy on November 25, 2015, 10:10:41 pm
I don't want people's vote to be biased by which maps are/aren't in the lead, so I hid the vote totals.

Good thinking actually  :)
Post by: OGXRAYZ on November 25, 2015, 10:23:27 pm
Seeing as how I was unable to post I wanted to vote for Project Yeti but I dont think im allowed too?
Post by: HitmanVere on November 25, 2015, 10:27:05 pm
yeah feel free

I voted for Dead Palace for these reasons:
The whole water rising feature made the map more challenging and actually made you think about whether to continue looking for stuff in area you were in or continue higher, done better than CCU did it. Detail was done nicely on the map and targets part was fun, especially bridge target. UGX mod imo didnt make the map worse like some people think and neither did Blunts soulboxes. Out of all the maps I played, this was the map I was most impressed with and for a 1st map from Riptide, this map deserved my vote
Post by: DeletedUser on November 25, 2015, 11:56:18 pm
to be honest abandoned school was the only one i have played so i voted for that one.  :P

EDIT: and it was the only one that i was really even remotely excited for.
Post by: Koan on November 26, 2015, 12:11:08 am
to be honest abandoned school was the only one i have played so i voted for that one.  :P

A terrible reason to vote for anything, really. Like voting for the only politician you know the name of.
Post by: Scobalula on November 26, 2015, 12:18:21 am

Please consider the quality of the map visuals/detail, the quality and amount of custom features, and the quality of the map layout/gameplay style in your vote!
Post by: jei9363 on November 26, 2015, 12:57:06 am

ouch dude ???
Post by: Noahst on November 26, 2015, 01:45:48 am
yikes, not sure mine can even compare to some of these D:
Post by: tomikaze on November 26, 2015, 05:27:12 am
yikes, not sure mine can even compare to some of these D:
Don't say that man, it's easy to tell that you cared and you put forth a good effort.
The real point of the contest is to motivate people to make the best maps they can and to get people to make a map who may not otherwise have the motivation and looking at all of these maps I think that everyone tried their best.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on November 26, 2015, 06:18:11 am
Thats acutually pretty smart.

I have my top 3 already.

3) San christobal.
 as the map is to be based on the mappers home town, Its best to hide out in a familiar area, Know which part of town is best to set up a train area. Where to escape and to rest at the most defensive area.
Also its MW series weapons, the weapons are pretty decent.

2) Estate (of the dead).

Although I did test the map myself and gave out ideas to buff up the ante, I do have to be fair, the map does have alot of custom content; an actual boss (not just your big fat zombie), A custom perk, and even an Iphone. but the detail of the map needs to be put into. I enjoyed the map but there was 1 more.

1) Abandoned School

The map does have a Treyarch developer style (I still go with the JBIRD Conspiracy as he's part of/Is treyarch), And even a custom mod with different challenges. The weapons and layout is pretty good choices. but everytime I play coop, Its always a clusterf*ck when it comes to everyone wanting to train in either the Pool or the Gym.

The boss also lacks features as it is a big fat zombie. but with a chainsaw to 1 Hit You -__-

The weapons lacked variety too, as the weapons are just divided into 2 categories: OP, and Point bulider.
Once you get set up, you're practically the meant to last up until the 50's (my 1st ever game to make it to round 50).
You can get the jetgun easily out of the box, along with 2 other OP weapons, the Raygun MK2 or the Titus-6 (dont get me wrong, the Titus-6 is my favorite weapon) and I down with just F**king up with boredom.

I just wish JBird stayed with the Black ops mod.

NOTE: 2 & 1 Were both at a tie for me
Post by: Tim Smith on November 26, 2015, 07:07:21 am
umm , i don't want to be rude and not give anyone my vote ... lots of mappers work hard on thier maps i know that gg all (i hope you all win guys) but my vote goes to JBIRD632 consider it a favor ;)
Post by: Andy Whelan on November 26, 2015, 07:59:42 am
ENCAMPMENT by ProRevenge, whoop whoop. Fucking amazing map, same with most of the other maps. Congrats to all the mappers ;)
Post by: neanesis on November 26, 2015, 08:45:00 am
Well, i need to play it before :)
Post by: Exofile on November 26, 2015, 09:08:58 am

Sorry if it's obvbious, but why not just hide votes until you've voted? Iirc there is an option for it..  ;)
Post by: Scobalula on November 26, 2015, 12:46:26 pm
Sorry if it's obvbious, but why not just hide votes until you've voted? Iirc there is an option for it..  ;)

Because then people could start filling each other in on who's in the lead, so the problem is still there.

You'll still find out who wins in the end. :D
Post by: Exofile on November 26, 2015, 01:38:50 pm
Yeah, I just didn't think people would be bothered to do such, but I forget at times that this is UGX, people will go far to get what they want :D
Post by: Ramiabdh on November 26, 2015, 02:06:19 pm
Now I'm really excited to see two maps at a tie with each other. :D
Post by: Noahst on November 26, 2015, 04:09:54 pm
well thanks man, im glad you liked it..
Post by: UltzZ on November 26, 2015, 06:09:32 pm
I have to say, I'm distraught between both Abandoned School and Wayne Manor. Abandon School is a very good map, its simple, not to complex and it shows off exactly how a custom map should be done. I love the detail, the boss and the easter egg. However, while all that stuff may excite me, I am going to have to give my vote to Wayne Manor. It was a little big for me and the easter egg had me looking up how to get the second key for the clock (the rest I figured out with a viewer on stream) but, and this is a very big but.... the ending to Wayne Manor. Holy hell, it was absolutely fantastic. Not in a long time have I ever been so frightened by custom zombies, or just pumped up and excited. It's been a hell of a long time since that "Wow Factor" has been in a custom zombies map. Absolutely fantastic map design from the both of you and to the rest of the mappers. My vote goes to Wayne Manor since it was the only one that had something "exciting".
Post by: Dirtyworkz on November 27, 2015, 11:07:20 pm
1) Strandburg (loved the EE)
2) Abandoned school (loved the layout)
3) Encampement

so far but didnt like at all some of them (project yeti sorry)
Post by: pcmodder on November 28, 2015, 04:23:46 am
Having played abandoned school map along with the others i found overall this map the best for surviving a zombie apocalypse. Features including a trap and a wonderweapon , a uniquie boss zombie from KF , options in menu for FOV , hitmarkers and zombie counter. The map and level design are also excellent to look at and play in.

The starting of the map in co op is fun to re unite with your team mates . This way of starting zombies seems more towards teamwork than 4 players racing for points in the start room ( with less than 4 spawn in points). Leading to an evenly spaced journey for the players (most games) to meet in the power / pool area.  An optional easter egg ending ( i am not an easter egg player unless there is a reward ) and this is about surviving not hunting.

I will state this choice came to a final decision between abandoned school and encampment Encampement is also an amazing map ,however to "survive" i would prefer to use a trap to kill zombies with high HP than grinding with MGs. Having no decoy weapon ( that we found ) made reviving in co op very tight for time , and being good at reviving it was still barely enough time to revive without taking damage  :) The design of encampement is really well thought , the weapon sounds are very good too. I like the randomised perks and the way the map can be opened different ways to allow for multiple strategies .

All the maps were fun to play good work all involved :)

Double Post Merge: November 28, 2015, 04:33:28 am
umm , i don't want to be rude and not give anyone my vote ... lots of mappers work hard on thier maps i know that gg all (i hope you all win guys) but my vote goes to JBIRD632 consider it a favor ;)

I think you should vote on the map based on the criteria of the competition rather than "As a favour"  ::) 

Even so if you were to do that it seems quite strange to write it on a post.  Not sure if these mappers want votes as favours but vote on the criteria and quality of the finished map / mod. In fact it says in the rules not to vote based on this type of reason.
Post by: DeletedUser on November 28, 2015, 05:12:41 am
ouch dude ???

Ech i don't really play maps very often and his was the only one i was keeping track of.
Post by: Noahst on November 28, 2015, 03:46:33 pm
i definitly dont want charity votes..
Post by: CraftBrewMan on December 02, 2015, 02:00:29 pm
Why is this MAP Contest not more prominently promoted?  Is it me or you almost have to stumble upon it.  All these maps look great and bet more folks would play them and vote if they knew this was going on.  Suggestion how about making the first map slot in your cycling banner up top an advertisement for this map contest!!  You can move Requiem to the second slot.  Cannot wait to try these maps!
Post by: gr00t on December 05, 2015, 11:13:46 am
I wish users were allowed multiple votes or a point based / weighted distribution system was implemented  (user gets 10 points, can allocate integer amount to one or multiple maps).   I'm guessing the latter isn't possible with SMF software.

I think everyone knows who the winner will be.  I want to vote that direction as well, but have held off.  My concern is that with only one vote per user, the vote results will be so lopsided that 2nd and 3rd place might not reflect the ingenuity a few maps have displayed.

Hopefully that isn't the case.
Post by: RivalGaming on December 07, 2015, 10:23:26 pm
Can't wait to see who wins!
Post by: sevengpluke on December 07, 2015, 11:59:25 pm
Its been two weeks where the winner announcements. Also just like a second ago it says voting closes on the 9th,now it says the 10th :poker:

Announce the winner! :accepted:
Post by: treminaor on December 08, 2015, 12:04:28 am
Its been two weeks where the winner announcements. Also just like a second ago it says voting closes on the 9th,now it says the 10th :poker:

Announce the winner! :accepted:
... Voting closes: December 09, 2015, 02:44:17 pm

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.andy-king.me%2F56971ec9d0d8077206040f1a86c68fbd.png&hash=ae86b577d59120e0f9ac5b90bfeedacd215c6c79)
Post by: sevengpluke on December 08, 2015, 12:08:22 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FY2fKJSD.jpg&hash=c54dde6e8edcbc53ef8c3e3f6f6ee56bea28ddf6)

Could be a time zone thing. As I wasn't singed and after signing in it changed :alone:

Two more days it is then :derp:
Post by: treminaor on December 08, 2015, 12:10:01 am
(http://i.imgur.com/Y2fKJSD.jpg)

Could be a time zone thing. As I wasn't singed and after signing in it changed :alone:

Two more days it is then :derp:
It is timezone dependent, yes. The contest is running in GMT -7 PST. The reason the topic start date is 2 days behind the contest is because I prepared the topic two days in advance. It was delayed because of a map that we had to do extra verification on.
Post by: CraftBrewMan on December 08, 2015, 02:48:38 am
Ok I am going to test your websites logic here.  I have 19 posts, this is my 20th post so right after this I should be able to submit a vote... right now i cannot!!

Cheers
Post by: Elzy on December 08, 2015, 09:55:39 am
have not played any of these maps, but this is my time to get playing i guess =p
Post by: treminaor on December 08, 2015, 10:01:17 am
Ok I am going to test your websites logic here.  I have 19 posts, this is my 20th post so right after this I should be able to submit a vote... right now i cannot!!

Cheers
Not until your 20th post gets approved... which this should not have because its spam. But whatever, take your 20th post and cast a vote.
Post by: xxIlluminatixx on December 08, 2015, 03:37:59 pm
Huge tie between Abandoned School, and Project Yeti. Both excel in detail, creativity, and custom features. I love the Skrake from Killing Floor on Abandoned School as the boss, and I love the Full-Auto Ray Gun Mark 2 on Project Yeti. I honestly can't decide which to vote for. I mean, the custom M1911 on Project Yeti, and the AW re-skinned KF5 on Abamdoned School to the realistic look of what it's based off of, which is the Sig Sauer MPX, are amazing custom weapons. Also, the modernized Thompson on Abandoned School, and both maps have the Akimbo FMG9s. I guess we will see which map has more votes than the other, but one or both of them better finish in the top 3.  :D
Post by: Lukkie1998 on December 09, 2015, 05:25:46 pm
Only a few hours left until the contest is over! Make sure to cast your vote while you can!
(And while you're at it, make sure you vote for UGX-Mod Mod Of The Year as well!)

Lukkie1998
Post by: LegendHugo on December 09, 2015, 08:44:19 pm
Only a few hours left until the contest is over! Make sure to cast your vote while you can!
(And while you're at it, make sure you vote for UGX-Mod Mod Of The Year as well!)

Lukkie1998
Done both  ;D
Post by: Alerion on December 09, 2015, 08:49:01 pm
The results of the voting will be posted later today!
Post by: Exofile on December 09, 2015, 09:56:44 pm
Congratulations to the winners! What a great event, so many good maps came out.  :gusta:
Post by: ProRevenge on December 09, 2015, 10:00:47 pm
2nd place :D

Thanks to everyone who voted for my map!
Thanks to HarryBo21 for all your support with the map!

And congratulations to everyone else for the amazing maps!
And well done to Jbird on First Place, Abandoned School definitely deserved it! :D
Post by: Dust on December 09, 2015, 10:03:23 pm
Congratulations to all the winners!!
Post by: killingerk on December 10, 2015, 12:35:12 am
Welcome to the voting thread for the 2015 UGX Mods & ZomMods Mapping Contest! Please read the rules above the poll before voting!

The winners will be chosen in exactly two weeks.

Users with fewer than 20 posts will not be allowed to vote, in order to prevent fraudulent votes from people creating duplicate accounts.
I have a question how do I vote
Post by: HitmanVere on December 10, 2015, 12:36:40 am
I have a question how do I vote

You dont, voting ended few hours ago
Post by: killingerk on December 10, 2015, 12:38:31 am
You dont, voting ended few hours ago
thanks for the help I was voting  for this map  Abandoned School by JBird632
Post by: floquemu on December 12, 2015, 10:29:26 am
I voted for Dead Palace for these reasons:
The whole water rising feature made the map more challenging and actually made you think about whether to continue looking for stuff in area you were in or continue higher, done better than CCU did it. Detail was done nicely on the map and targets part was fun, especially bridge target. UGX mod imo didnt make the map worse like some people think and neither did Blunts soulboxes. Out of all the maps I played, this was the map I was most impressed with and for a 1st map from Riptide, this map deserved my vote

I vote as a map?