Yeah man! I was hung up for the longest time on the chainsaw. It just wouldn't be evil dead without it. But I FINALLY managed to rig something up. I'm aiming for Halloween for a final release, but we will see what happens!
Hello everyone! I've been very busy the past year or so, and haven't been able to be a part of the community as a result. I got married, have been a part of an indie film group, and tried my hand at writing. But now I'm back to let everybody know this project IS NOT DEAD! And I've got some exciting news to share with everybody regarding it! Note that I started a new thread because I'm unsure of how to unlock an old thread.
UPDATED 04/27/2019 Now onto the features:
- NECRONOMICON WEAPON!
- CHAINSAW MELEE WEAPON!
- BO1 weapons.
- A few BO2 and BO3 weapons.
- Intense detail.
- Beautiful lighting.
- Playing as Ash, travel back and forth in time and space from the iconic cabin and the medieval world of "Army of Darkness."
- Tons of custom audio, including: Tons of hilarious Ash one liners replacing original character dialogue, a complete overhaul of zombie sounds. Every sound is either deadite vocals or better sounding zombie sounds, some of which I created myself!
- Soul collectors.
- Custom vision. I decided to give the vision a 80's horror film aesthetic. It's like playing through the original evil dead film!
- Tons of Evil Dead easter eggs.
- Lots of custom FX.
And now for some videos and pictures!
Geres the all new Necronomicon weapon in action!
A short video showcasing the chainsaw weapon:
Here's some photos of the environment:
We're sorry. The embdedded media couldn't be retrieved.
So, would there be any way to set up a melee weapon, such as the bowie knife, to do gibbing with every weapon, instead of just with shotguns? I'm realizing the head gibbing only works with the bowie knife while you have a shotgun weapon currently in use. So i really have two questions: 1. How would I go about increasing gibbing frequency with the bowie knife, and 2. How would I set the bowie knife up to do head gibs with every weapon, and not just shotguns?
I'm gonna be doing a full overhaul of all the weapons. Minimal WAW weapons. I will be focusing on that last! I get tired of box maps with the good ol' "black ops weapons!!!' tag on it. And as far as a release date goes, I'm aiming for october-ish! There's still a ton of work to be done!
So my full blown evil dead project is finally nearing completion!
Features of this level include:
- Custom sounds, including player voiceovers (you play as ash!) - Intensely detailed - seriously I put SO much work into the architecture and environment - Tons of FX - Play in the cabin AND the castle from army of darkness - Horror Themed - Bluntstuffy's soul boxes - Many ported weapons
Update 07/21/2018 - added a bunch of bo1 weapons, still working on coming up with a chainsaw weapon!
Update 07/22/2018 - Added a chainsaw model successfully, just need appropriate anims/weapon files done! image below
Update 07/15/2018 - added custom blood spatter effects and an axe replacing the bowie knife as a buyable melee weapon! First video!