Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
(S21)RuneMaster's Contact & Social LinksBloodyFoxyRM``
So like I said in the title, I've run into this issue that whenever I create a new map, no matter what I do, when I click the Solo button in the menu it does nothing. Nothing at all, not even an error message.
I have been having this problem for months now, and I can't work on my older maps anymore either because something somewhere has gone horribly wrong and the rounds just tick over rapidly with no zombies spawning anywhere, and believe me I've looked, but that's another topic to discuss.
My problem right now is with the Solo button. I use the UGX Script Placer 2.0.1, same as I have used since it was released, so the problem shouldn't exist there, though I have tried deleting and re-downloading the .exe, to no effect. I have also done fresh installs of my CoD game and all my mod tools, and I still get the same problem. I have not downloaded any new tools or resources since I began modding a few years ago.
The only other topic I can find here with this problem, was resolved by the OP outside of the UGX forum and they did not leave any explanation of their solution, so I had no choice but to start my own topic. If anyone has any help for me PLEASE! I have been dealing with this problem for months and it's starting to drive me insane!  :'(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
mapping_noob's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
mapping_noob's Contact & Social Links
I don't use the UGX Script placer but I'm sure it's the same as any other "Solo Start Button"

1. Find The UI File Main And Copy/Paste, Rename "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME" Than Open It
WaW Root Folder/raw/UI/main.menu

2. Find This Line In The File
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS( 1, "@MENU_SOLO_CAP", SETUP_ACTION_SOLO; LOCAL_ZOMBIE_RESET, when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) ); )

3. Change To This Text "Solo Zombies" Is What The Text Is Displayed As. Make Sure you make the MAPNAME yours!
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS( 1, "Solo Zombies", exec "map nazi_zombie_MAPNAME"; , when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) ); )

4. Add Into Mod Builder
menufile,ui/nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.menu

That's it!
Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:58:53 pm by Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Why do people always think making a map changes what the solo button does by default lol

The button is for campaign. If you wanna change it to load your map do the above
Date Registered: 24 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ZombieSlayerr115
Signature
Please. Save me.
isaacscott935's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
isaacscott935's Contact & Social LinksZombieSlayerr115isaac935
Maybe they’re new to scripting.
Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:43:09 am by isaacscott935
Date Registered: 11 August 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I am done. done I am, am I done?
GlueGun87's Groups
GlueGun87's Contact & Social Links
To this post, I am ghanesh. There is no point here on this post, please just use the console and run it using your mapname's ff i.e what the folder of your mods name is. (Mods/mapname_here/ = mapname_here.ff) on the in-game console type in "map mapname_here" and or "map mapname_here.ff". Hope that helps. knowing that well probly make people start to understand the in-game console and probly start to understand the basics of debugging the game. Saying that in a positive way. Plus       there is relly no way of showing you how to do it, say... how your modtool is correct or not, again staying positive here  .     
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Maybe they’re new to mapping.
whats it got to do with mapping

nothing

theyve played the GAME so they know the solo game buttong is for campaign

being "new at mapping" doesnt make you suddenly decide a button will do something completely different just coz i want it to
Date Registered: 6 June 2017
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My published cod maps:

Mansion of the Undead
Buros Der Toten
Minions by k3nt
klevi's Groups
if u want to add solo button that works follow this tutorial its easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_0m8TLBR0
Date Registered: 26 November 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Why do people always think making a map changes what the solo button does by default lol

The button is for campaign. If you wanna change it to load your map do the above

Actually, in every other Zombies map I've made until now, the Solo button works perfectly. I don't just EXPECT it to change, I tell my script placer to add the custom Solo button when I first create it. No need to be so condescending.

Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
To this post, I am ghanesh. There is no point here on this post, please just use the console and run it using your mapname's ff i.e what the folder of your mods name is. (Mods/mapname_here/ = mapname_here.ff) on the in-game console type in "map mapname_here" and or "map mapname_here.ff". Hope that helps. knowing that well probly make people start to understand the in-game console and probly start to understand the basics of debugging the game. Saying that in a positive way. Plus       there is relly no way of showing you how to do it, say... how your modtool is correct or not, again staying positive here  .     

I have seen Solo buttons work on my other maps. Please do not tell me I have to launch my map through console every time I want to play it solo, because I know it can be done with the button.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I don't use the UGX Script placer but I'm sure it's the same as any other "Solo Start Button"

1. Find The UI File Main And Copy/Paste, Rename "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME" Than Open It
WaW Root Folder/raw/UI/main.menu

2. Find This Line In The File
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS( 1, "@MENU_SOLO_CAP", SETUP_ACTION_SOLO; LOCAL_ZOMBIE_RESET, when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) ); )

3. Change To This Text "Solo Zombies" Is What The Text Is Displayed As. Make Sure you make the MAPNAME yours!
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS( 1, "Solo Zombies", exec "map nazi_zombie_MAPNAME"; , when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) ); )

4. Add Into Mod Builder
menufile,ui/nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.menu

That's it!

Of all the replies here, you seem to be the only one willing to help me, so I thank you. Have some +respect  :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Unfortunately, I have tried the suggestion about editing the script, I have made absolutely sure I followed the instructions to the punctuation and I have the same problem still, solo button does nothing at all.

Is it possible that the problem is coming from my mod launcher? When I compile my mod it comes up with a handful of errors saying it can't access something called HumorModV2? I have no idea what that is or why it's trying to access it for my mod...
Date Registered: 24 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ZombieSlayerr115
isaacscott935's Groups
isaacscott935's Contact & Social LinksZombieSlayerr115isaac935
Actually, in every other Zombies map I've made until now, the Solo button works perfectly. I don't just EXPECT it to change, I tell my script placer to add the custom Solo button when I first create it. No need to be so condescending.

Harry is always so condescending. It seems as if he gets annoyed at new mappers when they ask questions.

Double Post Merge: June 16, 2018, 01:43:08 pm
Unfortunately, I have tried the suggestion about editing the script, I have made absolutely sure I followed the instructions to the punctuation and I have the same problem still, solo button does nothing at all.

Is it possible that the problem is coming from my mod launcher? When I compile my mod it comes up with a handful of errors saying it can't access something called HumorModV2? I have no idea what that is or why it's trying to access it for my mod...

HumorMod is a file that is installed along with the modtools. If you deleted it, then go to your .RAR file for modtools and drag the file into your root\mods folder.

Before you edit the main.menu file, copy it from root\raw\ui and place into mods\mapname\ui (if you don't have a ui folder in your mapname folder, create one). Then rename your menu file to your mapname.menu.

My mapname is nazi_zombie_jungle, so my script in nazi_zombie_jungle.menu would look like:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS_NOHI( 1, "SOLO JUNGLE", exec map nazi_zombie_jungle, when ( !dvarbool( cg_development ) ); )

Add menufile,ui/mapname.menu to your mod.csv in Launcher.
This should work.

Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:43:08 pm by isaacscott935
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
If suddenly deciding you want the load campaign button to suddenly load a zombie map just coz I want it to with no edits done by me to change it is condescending- sure I am yea why not

Humour mod has absolutely nothing to do with anything tho +1!!!
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:00:26 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
respect the dead

donates greatly appreciated :) paypal.me/F3ARxReaper666
discord server:
https://discord.gg/tsGHW99
death_reaper0's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
just wanna say, if using some kind of script placer it may have made a new main menu for the mod, if this is the case you should be editing that file instead. if so it should appear as your mapname.menu in the ui folder
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
mapping_noob's Groups
mapping_noob's Contact & Social Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ge0513IfMw

This video should get your buttons working!

Ignore the extremely loud PC and make sure you download the files and read about it.

Loading ...