Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
play hard win easy
if i could make maps like most people on the forum i would but i cant ive make ive make 8 maps and from the word go if got shot down on them well it be my last on this forum form now on wish all yous the best goodluck
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 October 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Signature

My Portfolio

=============== Project Progress ===============
Shadowlands - TBA 2016
Untitled project [COD5-BO3] - TBA
Untitled project 2 [?] - TBA
===========================================
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Uk_ViiPeR's Contact & Social LinksCodGlitcherXiCodGlitcherX1
if i could make maps like most people on the forum i would but i cant

It's not that you can't, it's that you're not trying hard enough. if this is your 8th map then surely you would've learned by now how to use radiant efficiently?

Right, i understand that you're learning as you go along but in all honestly you can take the following however you'd like, Content like this can be improved upon easily if you just dedicate a lot of time and effort into the key requirements to constructing a map for replayability (because having a 1-shot map isn't worth it).

Code Snippet
Plaintext
1. Plan (what features, what areas you would see, how you can make it AI/Player friendly)

2. Structural design of the overall layout (this could take over 2 weeks to do depending how you want to lay it out, just remember that you may want to change the design half way through, allow room for changes.

3. Detailing the map, i don't mean spam models and place unnessecary brushes all over the place; plan in your head a layout of what the room would look like, how you could add little things to make a room look highly detailed (these could be trims, window frames, decals, patches or debris etc..) i would usually focus on one room for about 2 days, then proceed onto further development or even return back to it to make adjustments.

4. Implement the scripted features such as perk machines, pathing, ai spawns, box etc... if you're happy with the above

5. Implement the scripts needed for these scripted features

6. Do a test run, ensure everything is bug proof; if there are bugs, fix them [go back to step 5] (don't use dukips limit fix, that's a copout)

7. continue to refer back to the above to ensure that everything from planning stage is met.

8. Once you feel ready, and everything is up to a high standard with least glitches then you can consider a release.

Releases on average for a good map can vary between a 3 month and above period

If you're hitting a brick wall, learn how to climb it. don't just give up.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:58:22 pm by Uk_ViiPeR
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
It's not that you can't, it's that you're not trying hard enough. if this is your 8th map then surely you would've learned by now how to use radiant efficiently?

Right, i understand that you're learning as you go along but in all honestly you can take the following however you'd like, Content like this can be improved upon easily if you just dedicate a lot of time and effort into the key requirements to constructing a map for replayability (because having a 1-shot map isn't worth it).

Code Snippet
Plaintext
1. Plan (what features, what areas you would see, how you can make it AI/Player friendly)

2. Structural design of the overall layout (this could take over 2 weeks to do depending how you want to lay it out, just remember that you may want to change the design half way through, allow room for changes.

3. Detailing the map, i don't mean spam models and place unnessecary brushes all over the place; plan in your head a layout of what the room would look like, how you could add little things to make a room look highly detailed (these could be trims, window frames, decals, patches or debris etc..) i would usually focus on one room for about 2 days, then proceed onto further development or even return back to it to make adjustments.

4. Implement the scripted features such as perk machines, pathing, ai spawns, box etc... if you're happy with the above

5. Implement the scripts needed for these scripted features

6. Do a test run, ensure everything is bug proof; if there are bugs, fix them [go back to step 5] (don't use dukips limit fix, that's a copout)

7. continue to refer back to the above to ensure that everything from planning stage is met.

8. Once you feel ready, and everything is up to a high standard with least glitches then you can consider a release.

Releases on average for a good map can vary between a 3 month and above period

If you're hitting a brick wall, learn how to climb it. don't just give up.

Im gonna add my advices here:

1st. Beta testers. For map to be atleast more succesful, make WIP-topic and that way get to know more people, that like to test maps and not just be first one to play it. That way you get more constructive critic about how to improve quality of your map and help on problems you have.

2nd. Imagination is key. If you cant think of anything to do, then look up concept art or something similar and go from those with creating your map. Those will help a lot.

3rd. Get feedback from other users, ask them, if something is good or not. That way you know, if something is actually looking good from users you are going to give the map to (aka the community)

When you are releasing a map, you are bound to get feedback, like it or not. Thats how community works
Date Registered: 13 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Im gonna add my advices here:

1st. Beta testers. For map to be atleast more succesful, make WIP-topic and that way get to know more people, that like to test maps and not just be first one to play it. That way you get more constructive critic about how to improve quality of your map and help on problems you have.

2nd. Imagination is key. If you cant think of anything to do, then look up concept art or something similar and go from those with creating your map. Those will help a lot.

3rd. Get feedback from other users, ask them, if something is good or not. That way you know, if something is actually looking good from users you are going to give the map to (aka the community)

When you are releasing a map, you are bound to get feedback, like it or not. Thats how community works
CHEERS THANKS
Date Registered: 18 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Braamberg's Groups
Braamberg's Contact & Social Links
Even tho i've never been in the forum part of the custom zombies scene, this boggles my mind. Making a copy of a map that litteraly every custom zombies player owns, and then just add the perks to it. Seems really lazy to me. I can litteraly just load up the Zombie Revolution Infinite mod and have what you did, but better. Im sorry dude but please next time try to make something that isnt just a plain copy of a map....

I'll be sure to check out your next map if it is actually something different  :)
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
dadadodo's Groups
dadadodo's Contact & Social Links
i saw better remakes than that  :troll:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
The Force has been awakened. The script has been written. The review is coming.
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
The Force has been awakened. The script has been written. The review is coming.

Brace yourselves! A storm is coming!
Date Registered: 13 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Brace yourselves! A storm is coming!
ooo I know but I'm used getting ripped apart on the forum
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
ooo I know but I'm used getting ripped apart on the forum
I gotta step in here and slap you straight

NO ONE HERE is in any way abusing you right now?

All I can see, is you getting very upset that people are "continuing" with something thats already been discussed. Which is acceptable. But youve made some ridiculous arguments, so now people wont let it go

1. Im not good enough

Im sorry man, but after 8 maps, you should at least have radiant experience. As for features and stuff? have you actually looked in the tutorials section? the downloadable items for mappers section? Even the content "already avaialble" in waw? I doubt it. You cant just say "im not as good as others" if you readily ignore things put there solely to save YOU the effort.

2. Its a remake so its meant to be unoriginal

Im sorry again but no. Even Treyarch remakes are either "exact in every way" or "changed in some monumental way". This is neither, you even spelt the title wrong, then defended your mistake rather than just answer "whoops lol, that was silly of me". There are COUNTLESS remakes and remasters on this site, you need to change it up. Especially remaking a WAW map that is not only in the game, and already modded, and has like 10 mods on here - but the frickin prefab is available for download man...

3. All I get is hate

Again, im sorry you feel this way, but people have made valid points. you need to learn to accept them. If not? Then its not worth posting a new WIP every 6.23456 days and just putting "not as good as you guys". Might as well name it "dont download me Toten"

If you want ill clean this thread up, but what i suggest is going back through and reading, coz i have and all i see is you and one random jumping immediatly on the defensive, but making absolutely no points to defend yourself. None that will actually serve the purpose a least

As for the Review comment Koan, I think that guy was referring to all the random users that feel they "have" to leave pathetic little review in every comment they make. Not you guys, the "actual" reviewers whos opinions we actually care about ;)
Date Registered: 15 July 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
VegemiteSnadwich's Contact & Social Links
This very well may just be the very sign that the community is running out of ideas.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
This very well may just be the very sign that the community is running out of ideas.
You can't judge the community by looking at such topic. This community is full of awesome stuff, so why do we look only for the bad stuff? ???
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

Ummm no, the mapper of this map is, and is showing no signs of improving, but we are all different people, and we all have different ideas, let's take a look at JBird's recent WIP....Yeah we're not running of ideas any time soon.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

IKR? And get this, the other day I heard a cover song which was actually just an old song, but redone! And it was actually worse than the original!

Ergo the entire music industry must be running out of ideas.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan

Loading ...