Created 8 years ago
by coochy
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Wrong attitude, buddy. Your imagination is pretty much the only thing limiting you from making the best fuckin' map this community has ever seen. If you're "not that advanced" at map making, go and learn how to be better! Don't just say 'nah, idk how to do this, i'll stop there'. Anyone can watch a tutorial on "How to make waw custom maps" to make a working map and release it. The fun part comes with the creativity; a remake doesn't have to be unoriginal or uninspired. A remake can include new areas, new content in the original areas, new easter eggs and objectives to follow, a new theme entirely, new weapons, new perks, new boss rounds... there is so much you can do with a remake, it doesn't have to be bad.

If you want to make an awesome map, making a near exact clone of a map everyone in this community already owns isn't the way to do it. Find an idea, and learn whatever it is you need to learn to make that idea happen.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is like coochy's 10th map, which is way more than me, or most people, so I don't think this is a valid excuse for being 'unoriginal'...:-\
Date Registered: 13 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
play hard win easy
Also, I'm pretty sure this is like coochy's 10th map, which is way more than me, or most people, so I don't think this is a valid excuse for being 'unoriginal'...:-\
the map is their to play and have fun nothing else people on there make a big deal off my maps I make simple maps for people to play and have fun I'm not trying to make a masted piece
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
the map is their to play and have fun nothing else people on there make a big deal off my maps I make simple maps for people to play and have fun I'm not trying to make a masted piece

I'm not saying anything about the map itself; you were the one who called it 'unoriginal', and I don't think people are making a big deal, I just simply pointed out that this excuse -

of course it is unoriginal its my remake of it cant do stuff thats in the original cause im not that advanced on map making

is kind of invalid since you have way more released maps than most people on the entire forums...::)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
I'm not saying anything about the map itself; you were the one who called it 'unoriginal', and I don't think people are making a big deal, I just simply pointed out that this excuse -

is kind of invalid since you have way more released maps than most people on the entire forums...::)
  lol maybe but like I said their simple for ppl to play at it
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
  lol maybe but like I said their simple for ppl to play at it

But people don't play maps like this. Wouldn't you rather release a map that people will play for months to come?
Date Registered: 4 October 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Cliffdaddy11's Groups
Cliffdaddy11's Contact & Social Links
Don't listen to the haters. I love the original, it was the start of a beautiful thing!.... but every time I play I cant help but to wish it had at least jug and/or speed. This looks sweet and ill be trying it soon!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Don't listen to the haters. I love the original, it was the start of a beautiful thing!.... but every time I play I cant help but to wish it had at least jug and/or speed. This looks sweet and ill be trying it soon!
>has one post
>can't tell the difference between constructive criticism and "hating"
>doesn't realize that there is like 4 different Nacht Der Untoten maps with perks and PaP

Yep, defiantly a random... :please:

Back on topic, I agree with the others tbh. If I were you i'd take some more time into making maps so they can deem a bit memorable and fun, rather than making a bunch of small stock maps. Same for remakes, I wouldn't suggest remaking a map that is already in the game especially if it's disproportional and doesn't bring anything new.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
there is already a remake of Nacht der untoten that is like 400 times better than this, why waste your time on something that will just be overlooked by the community as a lazy excuse for a map?
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Thanks alot guys at least I never got riped part like my last map but always a learning curve on the forum no matter the what ppl say thanks
Date Registered: 4 October 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Cliffdaddy11's Groups
Cliffdaddy11's Contact & Social Links
>I'm new to custom zombies, also new to pc gaming but have played zombies on xbox since WaW first came out.
>Not all comments were "constructive criticism"
>There could be 50 remakes of Nacht and I would more than likely try all of them.
>Not every custom zombie map that comes out is going to "bring something new", nor does it have to in order to be fun.
>Nice work coochy. Keep on keepin' on.

Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
>I'm new to custom zombies, also new to pc gaming but have played zombies on xbox since WaW first came out.
>Not all comments were "constructive criticism"
>There could be 50 remakes of Nacht and I would more than likely try all of them.
>Not every custom zombie map that comes out is going to "bring something new", nor does it have to in order to be fun.
>Nice work coochy. Keep on keepin' on.
thanks and welcome to the forum
Date Registered: 13 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
The overwhelming use of rage faces and meme emojis is bloody dreadful. Why is that even a thing it's 2015 lmao.
joj's Groups
joj's Contact & Social LinksJojHeywood
there is already a remake of Nacht der untoten that is like 400 times better than this, why waste your time on something that will just be overlooked by the community as a lazy excuse for a map?

hate to break it to you, but some people create stuff for fun rather than create stuff for fame. It's a bit disappointing that Coochy could have well not released anything for us to see/look at, but he decided he to for A) criticism or B) to give back to the community, and so far a handful of you have been fairly toxic because you've been saturated with crazy high-detail maps and refuse accept people put stuff out for help/critique, not for your(s) amusement.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two map reviewers go out of their way to create a thread just to slander what is clearly not something created for reviewing, it just wants critiquing and be given direction. Not hurtful comments because it's the circlejerky thing to do.

It's a great start Coochy. Thanks for showing us it. Kinda appreciate how I can compare it to something I'm already familiar with! Nailed the scale of everything. The way you create maps with rudimentary brushes can be a bit daunting at first but everyone improves, you got zombies spawning and working.

In your next attempt (if you do have one, I'd understand if this community has put you off) I'd recommend planning your map on a piece of paper and then focusing on making one particular room/area as visually appealing as possible before moving on. the engine has a bit of a habit of making everything look brown.. grey... washed out yellow.. Be creative!

Don't be afraid of figuring out how to model/create your own static objects. again, daunting at first, but there's a huge sense of accomplishment to getting your map more and more custom.

edit
well, there goes my critisism

[strike]fuk u cooch wtf u playin at go home[/strike]
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:03:35 pm by joj
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
hate to break it to you, but some people create stuff for fun rather than create stuff for fame. It's a bit disappointing that Coochy could have well not released anything for us to see/look at, but he decided he to for A) criticism or B) to give back to the community, and so far a handful of you have been fairly toxic because you've been saturated with crazy high-detail maps and refuse accept people put stuff out for help/critique, not for your(s) amusement.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two map reviewers go out of their way to create a thread just to slander what is clearly not something created for reviewing, it just wants critiquing and be given direction. Not hurtful comments because it's the circlejerky thing to do.

I'd like to know which comments you feel are toxic? If you think a comment or post is unhelpful, speak to them directly instead of being passive-aggressive about it. The community has definitely not been "saturated" by highly detailed maps. In fact, I'd say those maps improve it. Highly detailed maps are more fun to play than maps like these. We do accept that people put out stuff just because they want to, and that's fine - most members will try to offer constructive criticism and advice. A few members might post some unhelpful comments, but since when has an entire community's voice been accurately portrayed by the slander of few? And Lac0tr0n's comment may not be constructive, but it's a valid question nonetheless.

And I'd also like to know which map reviews give you the idea that some reviewers would create a review solely to slander this map? Every review I've seen has been constructive and helpful, even if only somewhat.

The zombies community may be shitty sometimes, but it seems like you've got the wrong idea altogether.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
 what is wrong with people on this forum omg modaters show keep people in check on this forum well this will be my last map on this forum naffin but ABUSE
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
what is wrong with people on this forum omg modaters show keep people in check on this forum well this will be my last map on this forum naffin but ABUSE

I count literally 4 comments that could even come close to being described as abuse. Several comments are trying to offer advice, don't just ignore those!

Loading ...