UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Is it possible to disable dog rounds on other people's maps?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Eradicate
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
activision does  NOT own the scripts that I wrote actually

This is a pointless debate anyway, your all just gonna ignore my point on it anyway so Ill just be on my way

I "also" hate the mentality of the way people think they can do what ever they please with work some of us have spent years on trying to make "1" experience, not a "starter pack"

but whatever, im out...

That's for original file but when compiled through linker_pc or archived by 7zip, the file inside, it doesn't belong to you anymore.

Then again there's probably some bullshit EULA/TOS in Sublime/UE that we don't know about it  :-\

Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
activision does  NOT own the scripts that I wrote actually - I could easily remove any references to cod stuff from my work

This is a pointless debate anyway, your all just gonna ignore my point on it anyway so Ill just be on my way

I "also" hate the mentality of the way people think they can do what ever they please with work some of us have spent years on trying to make "1" experience, not a "starter pack"

but whatever, im out...

Changing a line of code doesn't take away years spent on a boss...

In the end it's just a opinion you're not willing to listen reason to.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
My work, is my work. A copy of that work - is still my work

but anyway, like i said, im done

Changing a line of code doesn't take away years spent on a boss...

In the end it's just a opinion you're not willing to listen reason to.

I wrote them from scratch buddy, try again...

and your just as much ignoring my stance on this so whatever...
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:10:08 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
My work, is my work. A copy of that work - is still my work

but anyway, like i said, im done

I wrote them from scratch buddy, try again...

and your just as much ignoring my stance on this so whatever...
I totally see your point, nobody is wrong here.

I was comparing the two opinions. I would know, i have spent 3 years on my map and i'm still not happy with it. So it would bother me if somebody tampered with it but in the end it's about giving the player the best experience they want to play it. Am i doing something wrong?

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
I totally see your point, nobody is wrong here.

I was comparing the two opinions. I would know, i have spent 3 years on my map and i'm still not happy with it. So it would bother me if somebody tampered with it but in the end it's about giving the player the best experience they want to play it. Am i doing something wrong?
nope, you can do what you like with "your work"

however i would not like to see "my work" that i pour my heart and soul into changed, and probably redistributed on the internet

if your cool with that, then thats up to you, i however make things that i want to be customizable - customizable    and things i dont want touched, i dont give you the ability to touch
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups

however i would not like to see "my work" that i pour my heart and soul into changed, and probably redistributed on the internet

if your cool with that, then thats up to you, i however make things that i want to be customizable - customizable    and things i dont want touched, i dont give you the ability to touch

I'm sorry but you don't know what the definition of mod is then.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

You should start VMP'ing your scripts   :troll:
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I'm sorry but you don't know what the definition of mod is then.
lol how typical, insult my intelligence because I feel differently...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
lol how typical, insult my intelligence because I feel differently...
modding is modifying. So what you said about don't change anything defeats the whole purpose of modding.  ::)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
funny, tom didnt release the lime and lemon tools for cod 5 why again?

just agree to disagree, no need for the insulting tone and degrading comments coz you dont agree and are clearly totally ignoring the fact im just saying, i dont think its fair to change someone elses work without permission ESPECIALLY if your handing it out to your friends - who could then hand it to their friends etc etc until they bust it up so bad the ORIGINAL mapper gets a rep coz they dont know thats not how THE ORIGINAL mapper made it, or worse, lost credit/ownership alltogether, end of debate

Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:46:24 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
I'll admit I've sometimes gone through some maps and change the FOV to 85 on it because the lack of a FOV slider (65 looks so awful when you're right next to a monitor) and the fact that binding the keys to cg_fov 85 would never work for me.  :troll:
Thank god though that FOV sliders are becoming a thing for most maps now though cause it was a pain in the ass to do it, and the fact I felt a little guilty.
:P
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:49:15 am by SoulTaker
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
funny, tom didnt release the lime and lemon tools for cod 5 why again?

just agree to disagree, no need for the insulting tone and degrading comments coz you dont agree and are clearly totally ignoring the fact im just saying, i dont think its fair to change someone elses work without permission ESPECIALLY if your handing it out to your friends - who could then hand it to their friends etc etc until they bust it up so bad the ORIGINAL mapper gets a rep coz they dont know thats not how THE ORIGINAL mapper made it, or worse, lost credit/ownership alltogether, end of debate

The reason is because he assumed people would try and export non-released game anims from other people's maps :|

E: Soul I never need UI or script I got T4M which takes care of that  :accepted:
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:53:18 am by DidUknowiPwn
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
by using the mod tools you're considered you read and accepted the terms written in the eula which means you don't have any rights of your work once it's compiled wether you've read the eula or not. so it's kinda pointless to explain why you don't want people to change things in your maps.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Why are people bringing up the Activision TOS like that's relevant somehow? No-one is saying it's illegal to modify someone's map ::) It's just a simple matter of respect for people who decided to take a shitload of time making something for you to play for free.
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
Why are people bringing up the Activision TOS like that's relevant somehow? No-one is saying it's illegal to modify someone's map ::) It's just a simple matter of respect for people who decided to take a shitload of time making something for you to play for free.

not to mention depending on what you change could result in a ton of coop errors, or maybe no errors, but since your hosting there wont be dogs, but then one of your friends hosts or plays solo and dogs are randomly there out of nowhere the they will be extremely confused, think the mod is broken, ect.

Loading ...