UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Is it possible to disable dog rounds on other people's maps?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Eradicate
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I'm a little confused by this whole conversation. I thought it was an unsaid rule we didn't give out modder info to non modders, other than friends obviuosly? If you want it different, ask the modder/mapper that made it, or learn yourself.

Well, hopefully this opens the OP's interest in modding maybe, and maybe they start making their own maps? At least some good would come from this. But the 1000's of others that read this, not sure about them. But I guess that goes back to the debate of the tools that make it easier to cheat as well. And I guess that is up to preference.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care either way, and I am not taking any sides. I just usually try to give info to educate, not give them the answers.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:18:03 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I think we need to create new General Discussion topic, as I would love to take more part in this and not just discussion about it in someones help topic
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I'd rather prefer it to end.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Its possible, but if mapper decided to leave the dogs on the map, I suggest not to go through their mod to change the map, if mapper hasnt given permission to do so

I agree, for educational purposes that is. Call it the ethics of modding, if you will...? Or let it die. We can each assume our own opinions again.  :D

(not this topic so much as in general)
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:33:43 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Why are people bringing up the Activision TOS like that's relevant somehow? No-one is saying it's illegal to modify someone's map ::) It's just a simple matter of respect for people who decided to take a shitload of time making something for you to play for free.
This was a much better way of saying that the alternative is a bit of an "insult"

not to mention depending on what you change could result in a ton of coop errors, or maybe no errors, but since your hosting there wont be dogs, but then one of your friends hosts or plays solo and dogs are randomly there out of nowhere the they will be extremely confused, think the mod is broken, ect.
THIS was the point i was trying to make clear

If someone gives you my map, but theyve changed it and ruined it, what are you gonna say the next time you see a map from "Harry Bo21" eh? And honestly who isnt a YouTube try hard these days, so count a million more in there...

How does it affect you if I change a map to not have dog rounds for my own personal enjoyment?

My friends and I just don't really enjoy dog rounds that much.

cut the dogs on my map, you break Electric Cherry and the Thundergun...
Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:40:44 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
cut the dogs on my map, you break Electric Cherry and the Thundergun...
That's just terrible coding.
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
funny, tom didnt release the lime and lemon tools for cod 5 why again?

just agree to disagree, no need for the insulting tone and degrading comments coz you dont agree and are clearly totally ignoring the fact im just saying, i dont think its fair to change someone elses work without permission ESPECIALLY if your handing it out to your friends - who could then hand it to their friends etc etc until they bust it up so bad the ORIGINAL mapper gets a rep coz they dont know thats not how THE ORIGINAL mapper made it, or worse, lost credit/ownership alltogether, end of debate
you sir have hit the nail on the head to do with a lot of problems on these custom zombies sites main ones being ugx and ZM. but unfrtunatly we cannot do anything about this but you sir deserve a +1
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
That's just terrible coding.
to be fair? your not wrong lol
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
To actually answer the OP's question: Yes you can.

However to do it you need:
-winrar(or something else that can open an IWD)
-a copy of the map's main GSC file(<mapname>.gsc

Most people just put the main script file in the <mapename>.iwd file. Look in maps within the IWD to find it(if they put it there).

To disable dogs, just search and change:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useHellHounds = true;

and

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useMixedRounds = true;

to:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useHellHounds = false;

and

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.DLC3.useMixedRounds = false;

Save the script and see if it worked(it should).

Edit: Just use this: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7627.msg82728/topicseen.html#new
Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:21:11 am by daedra descent
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
The whole "morality" argument is completely moot.

Look at nearly every custom map released nowadays. Very few of them run stock WAW map features.

They are all heavily edited interpretations of Treyarch's original version of zombies, with completely new weapons, perks, and gamemodes.

So going off of the logic that altering someone's creation is an "insult" to them, most mappers have apparently been ruthlessly insulting and spitting on Treyarch's work with every new map release. But I guess it's only an insult if a mapper did the work, not if a 100+ man studio did the work?

The more valid point to get from this conversation: if you alter a modded map, you WILL most likely break it. Simple as.

Which is why it's NOT a recommended thing to do, especially if you won't realize that it was your tinkering that broke the map and assume it was the creator's fault.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Can someone just close this topic it's become a full-blown filibuster.
Also OP's question was answered already.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
now i feel kinda on the fence about this one.

as i am a self proclaimed mapper and i haven't released a map yet. i can't really relate.
but the mod tools were given to us by treyarch right? they gave them to us so that we can enact our imaginations and create maps that they didn't. as treyarch is on a you do what we say or we don't pay you contract with activision and have a time limit to make their map packs. they really don't have much of a say in the process. so they made the mod tools so that we as the community who don't have those contracts can.

the mod tools are basically a sand box. the quake engine is the wooden/plastic barriers that hold the sand inside and cod waw is the sand. the sand is open to anyone to play with and the mod tools are the buckets, shovels, rakes, etc. that we use to sculpt the sand into whatever our imagination comes up with. they are open to the public. now if i made a really awesome sandcastle and someone came along and said "hey this sandcastle would be better if you did this" and changed/altered my sandcastle to look like what they believe was better i would be pissed. especially if by changing my sandcastle made it crumble and fall apart! now all of the people around see this crumble broken sandcastle and think wow thats really bad. and believe that you are just bad at making sandcastles. but they don't know that the reason it's like that is because, some douchebag came along and changed it. but on the other hand what if the change the guy did made it better. that would be cool but then that guy goes around tell everyone that he made this awesome sandcastle. now everyone thinks that, he is the one that made it. and you get a little bit of credit from him when he says that you helped make it.

lets look at this from another perspective say minecraft. you build this awesome house that youve been making for like three years right. so you turn it into a survival minigame map. somebody gets into your minigame maps core files makes a copy of it and alters it to their liking and then releases the map elsewhere. but in their changing they accidentaly create a game breaking bug. now people come along and find this minigame and think wow this is stupid and buggy and tell other people that this minigame is stupid and doesn't work so now people think that this minigame is the original map. and now the original creator is losing players because the map wasn't what some guy felt was the perfect minigame.

as i said before i'm on the fence about this. this is a touchy topic. whatever side you are on just remember that these tools were a gift to us and have since been taken away in other games. thank you and have a nice day ELYKSON OUT :)
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
now i feel kinda on the fence about this one.

as i am a self proclaimed mapper and i haven't released a map yet. i can't really relate.
but the mod tools were given to us by treyarch right? they gave them to us so that we can enact our imaginations and create maps that they didn't. as treyarch is on a you do what we say or we don't pay you contract with activision and have a time limit to make their map packs. they really don't have much of a say in the process. so they made the mod tools so that we as the community who don't have those contracts can.

the mod tools are basically a sand box. the quake engine is the wooden/plastic barriers that hold the sand inside and cod waw is the sand. the sand is open to anyone to play with and the mod tools are the buckets, shovels, rakes, etc. that we use to sculpt the sand into whatever our imagination comes up with. they are open to the public. now if i made a really awesome sandcastle and someone came along and said "hey this sandcastle would be better if you did this" and changed/altered my sandcastle to look like what they believe was better i would be pissed. especially if by changing my sandcastle made it crumble and fall apart! now all of the people around see this crumble broken sandcastle and think wow thats really bad. and believe that you are just bad at making sandcastles. but they don't know that the reason it's like that is because, some douchebag came along and changed it. but on the other hand what if the change the guy did made it better. that would be cool but then that guy goes around tell everyone that he made this awesome sandcastle. now everyone thinks that, he is the one that made it. and you get a little bit of credit from him when he says that you helped make it.

lets look at this from another perspective say minecraft. you build this awesome house that youve been making for like three years right. so you turn it into a survival minigame map. somebody gets into your minigame maps core files makes a copy of it and alters it to their liking and then releases the map elsewhere. but in their changing they accidentaly create a game breaking bug. now people come along and find this minigame and think wow this is stupid and buggy and tell other people that this minigame is stupid and doesn't work so now people think that this minigame is the original map. and now the original creator is losing players because the map wasn't what some guy felt was the perfect minigame.

as i said before i'm on the fence about this. this is a touchy topic. whatever side you are on just remember that these tools were a gift to us and have since been taken away in other games. thank you and have a nice day ELYKSON OUT :)

+1 well said
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
The whole "morality" argument is completely moot.

Look at nearly every custom map released nowadays. Very few of them run stock WAW map features.

They are all heavily edited interpretations of Treyarch's original version of zombies, with completely new weapons, perks, and gamemodes.

So going off of the logic that altering someone's creation is an "insult" to them, most mappers have apparently been ruthlessly insulting and spitting on Treyarch's work with every new map release. But I guess it's only an insult if a mapper did the work, not if a 100+ man studio did the work?

The more valid point to get from this conversation: if you alter a modded map, you WILL most likely break it. Simple as.

Which is why it's NOT a recommended thing to do, especially if you won't realize that it was your tinkering that broke the map and assume it was the creator's fault.
What are you talking about? Treyarch gave us mod tools with the express purpose of using them to create whatever the hell we want with them.

When people release their maps on here they don't do so with the idea that people are free to mangle and modify whatever they wish to suit their individual needs, they do so to share the work they have spent ages creating and for people to experience a map they wanted to make or how they invisioned it. Otherwise why would people make maps in the first place? But like I said, feel free to modify whatever you like, if you don't like dogs - remove them, guns too weak - buff them, but figure out how to do it yourself.

Edit: also why are people still posting in here? (myself included) there's an off-topic thread for this already.
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:06:14 pm by steviewonder87

Loading ...