UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Is it possible to disable dog rounds on other people's maps?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Eradicate
Date Registered: 16 July 2015
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
Eradicate's Contact & Social Links
Sorry if this is an obvious question with an obvious answer, I'm not really a mapper or modder, just playing some maps with friends and we were wondering if it was possible to disable dog rounds.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Its possible, but if mapper decided to leave the dogs on the map, I suggest not to go through their mod to change the map, if mapper hasnt given permission to do so
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
Is there a tutorial or information somewhere regarding how I would achieve this?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
sure, why dont you change the guns, models and map too  :troll:
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
My friends and I just don't really enjoy dog rounds that much.  Is it that ridiculous to want to change them out?  I understand that it might be part of a mapper's vision and whatnot, but it's all preference in the end.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
personally, I think it is yea

otherwise, why download our maps? Just make your own if your going to tear our hard work apart coz it doesnt meet your "standards"

If we added dogs, then that means, for whatever reason, we wanted our map to have dogs. Simple. Bust Treyarchs stuff up all you want, but i think IWD-diving to change someone elses stuff is frankly an "insult" to our work...
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
How does it affect you if I change a map to not have dog rounds for my own personal enjoyment?  It's not as if I'm publishing it, it's for my own personal use.
Marked as best answer by Eradicate 9 years ago
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I will forever hate the mentality that people have here about their maps/mods.

Let users play it their own way, mods are meant to be flexible not strict rules (like how it is normally, so you're basically the same as them then).

Open the mod with 7zip go to maps\mapname.gsc level.DLC3.useHellHounds = true;  set to false and evel.DLC3.useMixedRounds = true; to false as well.

Pro-Tip: You don't own any content created in the mod tools, they're all content owned by Activision so asking the modders is irrelevant and you should asking Activision instead you're modifying their content!
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:45:04 am by DidUknowiPwn
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
Thank you very much.  I managed to decompile mod.ff earlier and find the line, but I was having trouble recompiling it.  This seems much easier.  I appreciate your help and mentality :)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
My friends and I
This is effectively - publishing someone elses work if your giving them the version you change - which then discredits the mapper if your changes cause issues ( Like dogs being "required" for something that your just unaware of )

Its "our" personal creation made the way "we" wanted to make it. If you dont like the way "we" made "our" mod then in my opinion you should make your own and not touch ours. You wouldnt recolour the mona lisa, you wouldnt re-write the ending to a book to suite your tastes, this is "our creative content", not "any old content made by some unspecified party somewhere"

as I said, my "personal opinion" - to which i am entitled to one, if you disagree thats fine and dandy
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:34:44 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
I will forever hate the mentality that people have here about their maps/mods.

Let users play it their own way, mods are meant to be flexible not strict rules (like how it is normally, so you're basically the same as them then).

Open the mod with 7zip go to maps\mapname.gsc level.DLC3.useHellHounds = true;  set to false and evel.DLC3.useMixedRounds = true; to false as well.

Pro-Tip: You don't own any content created in the mod tools, they're all content owned by Activision so asking the modders is irrelevant and you should asking Activision instead you're modifying their content!

Agree with you completely.

This even makes me consider about having an option to disable/enable bosses within the menu of the map.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:55:42 am by DarkWhiss
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
This even makes me consider about having an option to disable/enable bosses within the menu of the game.

We could give you that option, and if we chose not to, should be "our" decision for "our" work
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Eradicate's Groups
Its "our" personal creation made the way "we" wanted to make it. If you dont like the way "we" made "our" mod then in my opinion you should make your own and not touch ours. You wouldnt recolour the mona lisa, you wouldnt re-write the ending to a book to suite your tastes, this is "our creative content", not "any old content made by some unspecified party somewhere"

as I said, my "personal opinion" - to which i am entitled to one, if you disagree thats fine and dandy

Actually, plenty of people do those things.  I can open the Mona Lisa in Photoshop right now if you'd like.
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
We could give you that option, and if we chose not to, should be "our" decision for "our" work
As a mapper my self, it may take away from the true experience of the map but i believe it is about giving the player options to however they enjoy playing.

Also "Our Work" is actually not ours according to the Activision EULA for the mod tools.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
activision does  NOT own the scripts that I wrote actually - I could easily remove any references to cod stuff from my work

This is a pointless debate anyway, your all just gonna ignore my point on it anyway so Ill just be on my way

I "also" hate the mentality of the way people think they can do what ever they please with work some of us have spent years on trying to make "1" experience, not a "starter pack"

but whatever, im out...
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:03:57 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...