Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Just wondering what do you look for in a custom map?
Good layout?
Lots of training areas?
Cool camos?
Ported weapons?
Difficulty?
Easter Eggs?
Custom features/textures?
Storyline?
And which is more important to you?

Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:11:24 pm by ValenciaRicardo1
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
The most important thing for me is a good, well balanced layout and heavy detail. The more custom content the better also, as long as it works well.

Custom maps that rival Treyarch maps are what everyone should be looking for really. That is the reason we play customs in the first place, so for me it has to be a map that has the feel of a professional map. One window maps, box maps and poorly detailed maps are not for me.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
The most important thing for me is a good, well balanced layout and heavy detail. The more custom content the better also, as long as it works well.

Custom maps that rival Treyarch maps are what everyone should be looking for really. That is the reason we play customs in the first place, so for me it has to be a map that has the feel of a professional map. One window maps, box maps and poorly detailed maps are not for me.
Nice totally agree ! :P
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
the less detail the better also boxes or box shaped maps and only waw weapons ;D
Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:10:53 pm by rambobada555555
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
the less detail the better also boxes or box shaped maps and only waw weapons ;D
Lol I sense the sarcasm from here.
 ;)
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
i think a map that has been thoroughly researched ( from layout of the time/place to weapons used ). Also non cubical designs and detail help out a whole lot. The better maps tend to "new" features that attract the players. Also the map should be difficult so that people would like to play it again. Last thing is the removal of waw feeling. That is the worst part of maps. They all feel like were playing waw. You should be able to make it feel like were playing a whole new game. This is because we are. We are playint YOUR game and such it should feel like that.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
i think a map that has been thoroughly researched ( from layout of the time/place to weapons used ). Also non cubical designs and detail help out a whole lot. The better maps tend to "new" features that attract the players. Also the map should be difficult so that people would like to play it again. Last thing is the removal of waw feeling. That is the worst part of maps. They all feel like were playing waw. You should be able to make it feel like were playing a whole new game. This is because we are. We are playint YOUR game and such it should feel like that.
I see I don't know about the whole WAW feeling to be honest kinda lost me there. :o

BTW I know this isn't a help topic but does anyone know if it's possible to change the round number I'm testing my map a bit but want to test it at later rounds like 15 instead of 1 right off the bat?
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
Personally, I like when a mapper does he research beforehand. For example, it really shows when you prewrote a story, and instead of explicitly stating it, describe it using the objects in the room. Think of the zombies storyline, even without the radios we'd still know a lot of the story because of things like Peter's corpse and the hand on the power switch.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
Gunoftruth's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Detail key to me. not good looking maps distant me. But i also love custom proper working features :).
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Attention to detail. I love when a mapper takes the time to fill every nook and cranny in a level with models, patches, brushwork, etc. I like to feel like I'm actually in the map, and very few maps have ever given me that feeling.

Pre-planned layout. I like when a mapper draws out his layout beforehand and considers all of the possible paths that the players can take. This almost always results in the best map layouts because when the mapper takes into consideration all of the ways the players have to navigate the levels it makes running through the map all the more enjoyable.

Custom features done right. I don't care how MANY custom features are in a map, all I care about is if they are done right and they serve a purpose. If there's custom weapons in the map they better have reload sounds and proper damage/ammo amounts. If there are custom elevators or moving platforms they better have failsafes to keep me from getting stuck.

Bugtesting. Nothing pleases me more than seeing someone do private betas of their map weeks or even months before release to make sure the map plays right, is fun, and doesn't crash or glitch out. That really tells me that the mapper cares about releasing a quality product for us to enjoy.
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
literally the most amazing paragraph i have ever read in relation to custom zombies
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Replayability. I want to be able to still enjoy a map after dozens of games on it.
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
Attention to detail. I love when a mapper takes the time to fill every nook and cranny in a level with models, patches, brushwork, etc. I like to feel like I'm actually in the map, and very few maps have ever given me that feeling.

Pre-planned layout. I like when a mapper draws out his layout beforehand and considers all of the possible paths that the players can take. This almost always results in the best map layouts because when the mapper takes into consideration all of the ways the players have to navigate the levels it makes running through the map all the more enjoyable.

Custom features done right. I don't care how MANY custom features are in a map, all I care about is if they are done right and they serve a purpose. If there's custom weapons in the map they better have reload sounds and proper damage/ammo amounts. If there are custom elevators or moving platforms they better have failsafes to keep me from getting stuck.

Bugtesting. Nothing pleases me more than seeing someone do private betas of their map weeks or even months before release to make sure the map plays right, is fun, and doesn't crash or glitch out. That really tells me that the mapper cares about releasing a quality product for us to enjoy.

^Great point

Also:

"If there's custom weapons in the map they better have reload sounds and proper damage/ammo amounts"

This is also something that I heavily agree on as well...if people are going to put custom weapons in their map they should at least try to make it as close as possible to their original counterparts

What I find odd though is how there are plenty of people in the zombie community who don't care about broken custom zombies... :derp:
Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:16:32 am by CyberMan1011
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups

I never really thought about pre planned layouts to be honest but I love drawning, writing and some zombies might have to think more about this next time.
^_^

Also @Cyberman the reason people don't care that a weapon is broken is because some people see something from BO2 for example and go apeshit over it. They get a MSMC and they flip bannanas with joy even though it's broken.
Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:27:33 am by ValenciaRicardo1
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
I never really thought about pre planned layouts to be honest but I love drawning, writing and some zombies might have to think more about this next time.
^_^

Also @Cyberman the reason people don't care that a weapon is broken is because some people see something from BO2 for example and go apeshit over it. They get a MSMC and they flip bannanas with joy even though it's broken.

Are there really people like that? :poker:

Loading ...