Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Are there really people like that? :poker:
I'm sure there's people who just go crazy just because there's a BO2 or Ghost weapon in a map. Even though everything about it is just wrong.
 :poker:
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
"If there's custom weapons in the map they better have reload sounds and proper damage/ammo amounts"

This is also something that I heavily agree on as well...if people are going to put custom weapons in their map they should at least try to make it as close as possible to their original counterparts
This was not the point I was making. All I'm saying is that there need to be sounds so that I can tell when my reload is done and when I'm shooting, etc. And the damage/ammo counts need to be reasonable, idc what they are as long as the assault rifles dont have a hundred shots in the clip and the damage set to 400. Basically they need to make an effort to make sure the gun is usable and enjoyable and does not ruin the gameplay. If it is a port I would prefer they used the correct sounds and stats but first and foremost the thing just needs to work. And PLEASE MAKE SURE THE STATETIMERS ARE REASONABLE. Having 4-5 second reloads on clip-loaded assault rifles makes me want to burn down your house.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Having 4-5 second reloads on clip-loaded assault rifles makes me want to burn down your house.
This...it reminds me of the days where there were a lot of maps with ported weapons using dual mags yet the reloads were so slow....
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
Also @Cyberman the reason people don't care that a weapon is broken is because some people see something from BO2 for example and go apeshit over it. They get a MSMC and they flip bannanas with joy even though it's broken.
Are there really people like that? :poker:
I know a lot of people that flip bananas.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I like maps to have a good layout and good detailing, but particularly, I like the map to be fun - that is what I play CZs for, and the fun for me comes with custom features/weapons etc - basically I'm not going to find a stock map particularly fun - even if sometimes layout and detail are superb (Farm Swamp and Nacht Walder - they lack a fun element which then brings down the replayability of them), so I prefer maps with more than 4 perks and DECENT ported weapons as it makes the map more enjoyable, the map I've played the most out of CZs is probably Zebba Farms - it is a small map, but detail is good, the layout is ok and it has UGX on it, and they take their time with their features - looking forward to its re-release with v1.1, I wont get bored of that map, but that cannot be said for most other maps. So to sum up, I like detail, layout, features and weapons. EEs are a nice touch but they do not phase me much, difficulty level similar to Five/Shangri-La I like, no more than that, it can be less, but it may not always be as fun, and I'm not that bothered by its storyline either, if its a good fun map, I'll play it.
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Pro Mapper in Training
Signature
Firestorm - Releasing June 2019 :troll: | http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0
RonanMerriman's Groups
RonanMerriman's Contact & Social Linksronan_merrimanmerrimand8merrimand8
I like maps that are creative. That are set in environments that have never been done before and that are cool. That include features that have never been seen before, that are unique to that map. For me anyway, looks are crucial. It doesn't matter that much whether there are training spots or camping spots, as long as they look cool, make sense and are balanced to the point where they can be used but not overused/exploited. The cool factor is very important to me. You could have top notch weapons that are perfect in every way but if the map itself isn't done well, that just makes me hate it. In order to make a map that rivals Treyarch, things like this have to be considered. Also you have to make sure that the shit that you put into your map suites it. Electric Cherry and Vulture Aid don't necessarily suite every map you know. This sort of relates to the theme of the map, if you making a cool-ass jungle map, you don't go adding and underground section or facility type thing that looks like a WWII house. That brings me to the next point of concern. I tend to hate maps these days that are made with 100% W@W shit just sends me in the opposite direction. Modern maps are much more appealing, or even futuristic maps, future maps give you so much freedom to be creative. Random point coming up, I really dislike mappers who's attitude to detailing is just dumping a crap loads of models everywhere. That shit annoys the crap out of me, number 1 it looks bad and number 2 it makes no sense and takes away from the feel of the map, it map feel good until you see a massively cluttered area that is just bullshit. Another thing that i love to see are subtle easter eggs and secret stuff. Random stuff that's off the map or hidden within the map is really interesting, whether it's random little references to cool shit or areas that you have to complete obscure objectives to get into or find a secret passage, they all leave the map feeling more authentic and these things give the map considerable depth and replayablility

Holy shit, I just noticed how much I've written. Well I'll try to finish up quickly. One last thing I'd like to with regards to uniqueness, cool inventive new wonder weapons are one of the rarest things I've ever seen. Treyarch maps have suitable new wonder weapons in each map, more or less. I've that there is lots of creativity on the custom zombies scene but hardly anyone attempts to do this. Lots of the old wonder weapons is cool in like spin-off maps, but a serious attempt at a map to rival Treyarch should have some kind of new wonder weapon. Whether people go for craziness or coolness, everyone needs a fresh way to slay the undead.

It's great to get that stuff off my chest. Sorry for the super long post, but there is a lot of stuff to get right when trying to make a good, nah an epic custom zombies map.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
Sorry for the super long post, but there is a lot of stuff to get right when trying to make a good, nah an epic custom zombies map.
Don't be sorry man it's all good !:D
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Personally, I like when a mapper does he research beforehand. For example, it really shows when you prewrote a story, and instead of explicitly stating it, describe it using the objects in the room. Think of the zombies storyline, even without the radios we'd still know a lot of the story because of things like Peter's corpse and the hand on the power switch.
;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
Well I guess I should say what I prefer. I like a map with a storyline and decent layout and some detial and of course correct weapon sounds etc. As well as a balanced box. I hate it when a box has nothing but good weapons to me the box should be a gamble not a luxury.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Well I guess I should say what I prefer. I like a map with a storyline and decent layout and some detial and of course correct weapon sounds etc. As well as a balanced box. I hate it when a box has nothing but good weapons to me the box should be a gamble not a luxury.

People hate it when a box has good weapons because its the random weapon box not the good weapon box, but the box can be full of good guns and its still a random weapon box ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
People hate it when a box has good weapons because its the random weapon box not the good weapon box, but the box can be full of good guns and its still a random weapon box ;)
Lol a box full of kar98k variants  :troll:
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 4 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
InFInIX's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
InFInIX's Contact & Social Links
Good layout maybe 1 or 2 good train spots OR a good camping spot
good detail
maybe some custom guns and a EE :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
Good layout maybe 1 or 2 good train spots OR a good camping spot
good detail
maybe some custom guns and a EE :)
I am the biggest noob at scripting but I'm learning ! :D

Loading ...