The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
I'm probably in no position whatsoever to be saying this, but why is the Custom Maps Ideas section still a thing? It makes sense that nobody really replies to the topics with excessive custom features or weapon ideas, but I've seen actual good ideas from several people and they rarely get any attention on there, let alone a single person who might even be interested in actually mapping it.

I'm aware that some of the ideas were actually made into maps (or at least some of them were worked on a bit before getting cancelled) but I rarely see that happen, too.
Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:18:35 am by CyberMan1011
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Exists because like you said "some" ideas do happen

Majority get ignored coz they have ridiculous requests

"Please make a map with all the guns, all the perks, all bo3 guns and features, ludicrous impossible bosses and maps double the size of transit"

And the rest are usually just people requesting guns with no actual "map" ideas - if not that then they just say "remake xxxx map in waw"
Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:28:17 am by Harry Bo21
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
99% of the requests are add all the guns, or just some stupid shit like that, occasionally you get a good idea, but i feel that the custom map ideas section is handled wrong, people post shit like what features and weapons the map should have, i feel that this section should just give ideas like the theme of a map, and maybe a small amount of info, not endless paragraphs about the back story, that should be for the mapper to come up with, i should just be like "Airfield 2025" and that's it
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
"Custom Map Ideas" seems to be interpreted by dickcheese retards as "list the features in your ideal map and hope someone makes it cuz you're too lazy". There have been some good ideas. If I remember correctly, Smasher's Kino was originally posted as an idea there.
Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:33:27 am by Koan
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Since we're discussing map ideas I just had a great one - all de gunz from all de CODZ + all de perks + Banana Colada + all de bossis + KT4/Bows/Staffs/A.S/Ragnaroks/Skull of your Nan, theme? Remake all the zombie maps into 1.

I would do it myself but I'm super fucking lazy plus I have no clue how. But I'm pretty sure this would be really easy to make. And I do want credit if you make this.
The Last of Us
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
"Custom Map Ideas" seems to be interpreted by dickcheese retards as "list the features in your ideal map and hope someone makes it cuz you're too lazy". There have been some good ideas. If I remember correctly, Smasher's Kino was originally posted as an idea there.

maybe it was but i never saw it, tomikaze msg'd me through pm and gave me the idea
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
maybe it was but i never saw it, tomikaze msg'd me through pm and gave me the idea

Liar! You got the idea from zombieboy1234MLG who posted that he wanted Kino with moar gunz and Panzers and EE. And you didn't even credit him smh. :-\
The Last of Us
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Liar! You got the idea from zombieboy1234MLG who posted that he wanted Kino with moar gunz and Panzers and EE. And you didn't even credit him smh. :-\

"hey i posted the idea for adding bo3 guns to custom zombies and ur map has them, why am i not credited?"
Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Joeycx's Contact & Social Links
custom ideas like storylines, concept art and the atmosphere of map that they want to create might draw mappers into custom ideas, but instead its a slew of a list of guns and all kinds of request.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Yes, this section was one of my ideas back in the day. I had heard from a couple people that they were looking for a map to make but didn't really have any ideas of their own. I thought a section like this could be useful in giving people ideas for a project they might want to work on.
I agree, 99.9% of these ideas never happen and now most of them are complete garbage...not mine though ::)  ;)
Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:36:35 pm by tomikaze
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Yes, this section was one of my ideas back in the day. I had heard from a couple people that they were looking for a map to make but didn't really have any ideas of their own. I thought a section like this could be useful in giving people ideas for a project they might want to work on.
I agree, 99.9% of these ideas never happen and now most of them are complete garbage...not mine though ::)  ;)
Do you feel a deep rooted sense of shame and regret for what you've created? How do you resist the urge to take justice into your own hands and end your life as punishment for this grevious sin?
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Never saw a box map suggestion though...
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Do you feel a deep rooted sense of shame and regret for what you've created? How do you resist the urge to take justice into your own hands and end your life as punishment for this grevious sin?
I think quite often about ending my life for my ideas: the Custom Map Ideas section, the Map Review section...
The Last of Us
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I think quite often about ending my life for my ideas: the Custom Map Ideas section, the Map Review section...

dammit tom, look what u've done now ffs stop spitting cancer on this site
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Never saw a box map suggestion though...

What? ???

Well at least livestream it on Zommods. ::)

Loading ...