Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
on ps3 you don't have the giant it also count it as xbox 360 that's dumb of the makers

PS3 and 360 should be lucky to have the game tbh, they are pretty old now. :P
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
on ps3 you don't have the giant it also count it as xbox 360 that's dumb of the makers

PS3 and Xbox 360 are last generation consoles. Xbox One, and PS4 is current gen. You don't see many games being made for PS2 or the Nintendo Gamecube, do you? The limitations of the old generation consoles makes it so content has to be limited. Wouldn't surprise me if the next CoD didn't have Last gen support all together.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
PS3 and Xbox 360 are last generation consoles. Xbox One, and PS4 is current gen. You don't see many games being made for PS2 or the Nintendo Gamecube, do you? The limitations of the old generation consoles makes it so content has to be limited. Wouldn't surprise me if the next CoD didn't have Last gen support all together.
This adopted aussie is onto something.
He's right, if you look at a side-by-side comparison of BO3 on Last and Current Gen, it looks completely different, as everything looks clammy and ugh.
This new gen of hardware can run games that look, sound and play a hell of a lot better than last gen.
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
If anyone is using nvidia gfx maybe try the control panel to set your options. For some reason mine always defaults to multiscreen performance mode which impacts fps. I don't doubt the game will have teething problems performance wise and new gfx drivers could help these issues also . Reading this has re in forced my need of a card update before buying this ( current 660 want higher
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Personally, I love what Black Ops 3 has brought to the table this season. The Giant is great for a bonus map and as such I am happy with what they have done with it. Some new areas would be nice but I have zero complaints with it.

Shadows of Evil is simply breathtaking. Yes it carries over too many of the MotD and Origins mechanics and as Rollon said early, hopefully it's not a trend that will carry on throughout the season but for what it is, I absolutely love it. Anyone who complains about this map needs to just pack up and leave the scene because they are clearly over zombies now.

I have unlocked the nightmare mode now also and although you are pretty much just playing through the campaign mode again they have included enough changes to warrant the mode being seperate. It's very similar to Left 4 Dead in the way you move forward but also still maintains the normal CoD Zombie feel. Definitely a decent addition to the fold.

Not tried Dead Ops Arcade 2 yet but from what I have been hearing it's an amazing addition also.
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
I love playing The Giant! The map is just like the old Der Riese map but it has such better graphics and I enjoy every second of it! The only downside is it doesn't have returned weapons like Thompson PPsh-41 and MG42 but hey, it's still nice.

About Shadows of Evil... I like the map but it's too scary and too hard for me. Don't enjoy it that much but it isn't bad. It's fun to play with a Dutch friend, just talking randomly and having fun.

I like the zombies mode, the addition of the gumballs (or w/e they're called) is great and that you can unlock more of them. The weapon system is great as well, this way you can have a reflex sight if you don't like the iron sights of a certain gun.

Cannot wait for the DLC maps!
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
This is how you start a zombies gamemode right.

If you're complaining about zombies right now, you've either not played the game and don't understand these new features OR you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Shadows of Evil is a FANTASTIC map! Lots to explore, not too easy, not too challenging, just right.

The bosses are really interesting and innovative (imo).

The weapon kits are great if you want to personalize the attachments/look of the guns you can acquire in-game!

The gobblegum is actually not OP, it's very useful and balanced. Ok you might say: "But there is a gobblegum that gives you all of the perks in the map!!!" But in reality, that gobblegum is exceedingly rare and you only get one of them so chances are that this won't impact the gameplay much.

The Giant is a reskin, that's what I expected. Got a few new features/EEs and none of it takes away the Der Riese feel! This map is for nostalgia and zombie-slaying purposes. Not an entirely new experience.

The Nightmare mode looks absolutely sick! Can't wait to try it! If they're is one thing that'll get me to play the campaign, it's Nightmare mode!

So everyone, quit complaining and enjoy what you all have been waiting for in 3 years.
...And if you still don't enjoy it, when the mod tools come out next year, make something you will enjoy!  :D :D :D
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:51:37 pm by CreepersAreEpic
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
So I'm curious. Most people here on UGX seem to dislike Remakes. So why in the name of all that is precious, is The Giant so popular? :please:
No new areas, so you're playing the same map you've already played, opening the same doors, building the same areas.
From what the community is telling us, all you need to remake a map is add more perks, newer weapons and better graphics?
More perks and Newer weapons has already been a thing for Der Riese, yet noone praised it as much as The Giant?
Even Black Ops 1 had a remake with newer guns, but that isn't good enough.
Conclusion here is that just adding better Graphics will make a map you've already played a million times, just as good as a brand new one.

Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:31:33 pm by Exofile
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Most people here on UGX seem to dislike Remakes.

Other way around. Most popular maps are remakes, as seen with Nuketowns/Oil Rig/Kinos and so on
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Other way around. Most popular maps are remakes, as seen with Nuketowns/Oil Rig/Kinos and so on

Well, why is it that all the people I've seen dislike remakes, seem to enjoy this? My point was really that those who hated remakes seem to enjoy this, although it's literally nothing we haven't seen except for better Graphics.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Well, why is it that all the people I've seen dislike remakes, seem to enjoy this? My point was really that those who hated remakes seem to enjoy this, although it's literally nothing we haven't seen except for better Graphics.

People like it because it's a remake of Der Riese. It is arguably one of the best zombie maps ever made so you cannot really pick fault with it, and besides... it's a bonus map not intended as part of the main collection and it's easily better than last seasons Nuketown travesy so what is there to actually complain about?
Date Registered: 19 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
Signature
Bloodsport :- RELEASED -:
-WIP- Cabin Unique :- 75% -:

TheScotchGuy's Groups
TheScotchGuy's Contact & Social LinksTheScotchGuyy
complains about remakes, enjoys maps remade from bo2 in waw  :troll:
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
complains about remakes, enjoys maps remade from bo2 in waw  :troll:

I don't enjoy remakes, unless they actually bring something new.

People like it because it's a remake of Der Riese. It is arguably one of the best zombie maps ever made so you cannot really pick fault with it, and besides... it's a bonus map not intended as part of the main collection and it's easily better than last seasons Nuketown travesy so what is there to actually complain about?

But there has already been remakes of Der Riese, made here on the WaW community. Even BO1 remade it? So why is the Giant so much more popular? There has been new weapons to remakes, didn't hype it up. there has been more perks to remakes, didn't hype it up. So the only thing I see left is the Graphics and the flow of the zombies themselves, is this what makes The Giant so much better?
Date Registered: 27 December 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I am able to play BO3 with older drivers nvidia 353.62 @60fps. The newest 358.87 gave me no chance to play like zero frames and black screen. I have asus rog laptop with i7 2.4ghz (3.4ghz turbo) and nvidia gtx765m, 8gb ram. The newest drivers from nvidia is weird, because of this I will stay with older drivers. I played SoE a bit and it's playable, stable fps. But I find it bad that there is no graphics option, I had to go to "config" file and look there. If you guys experience fps issues, try older drivers. It works for me.
Date Registered: 9 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
lilrifa's Contact & Social Linksskypeuser724lilrifalilrifa
..what makes The Giant so much better?
The Giant is better then other remakes because it offers more story elements. The remake of Der Riese for BO didn't change much, but on BO3 we're playing as the Origins crew (I sorta like them better tbh). The Giant also gives us more insight as to the "beginning" of the outbreak at Der Riese.

Loading ...