UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

"Big Zombies Drop" coming soon to Alpha mod tools!

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by ProRevenge
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Straight from PCDev himself:

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/741326228100120576

What do we all think will be the first BO3 Custom Zombies map?

And also, does this come with the possibility of more people being added to the Alpha team?
They said "first round" of Alpha tools in their initial tweet, and that went to mainly CoD4 and MP mappers, likely because the Alpha only had MP assets then, with Zombies about to be supported, is there possibility of some of us Zombie mappers being invited into the Alpha?
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
I wanna be selected becuase i wanna make the first cube map  :accepted:

• steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I don't think there was any reasoning behind choosing the current alpha testers other than the fact they are all staff members on Mappers United lol. So I doubt anyone here is going to get chosen any time soon. ::)

Not to mention the COD4 mappers are generally mature adults who map to a high standard, while the zombies community is generally young kids who make box maps.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I just want the beta to drop already. Been waiting too damn long just so I feel like I have purpose in what I'm doing. Just pissing about waiting for the beta is driving me nuts. Plus, I wanna play in the water. :D
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I don't think there was any reasoning behind choosing the current alpha testers other than the fact they are all staff members on Mappers United lol. So I doubt anyone here is going to get chosen any time soon. ::)

Not to mention the COD4 mappers are generally mature adults who map to a high standard, while the zombies community is generally young kids who make box maps.
prob accurate - the idea behind testing are people who will fuck around to see what is and isn't possible, majority of zombie people use snipers map, down load a gun pack and just release it buggy as hell quoting "did mi testz map but me just wanna sharz"

We will gain nothing from those people testing - they have no drive to "find out" how to do anything and just assume errors are "just there"

However, I would say they should hand the alpha to the more experienced people who actually "try" ( eg yourself, jbird ( leviathan one ), didukwnipwn, stuffy, redspace, RDV, trem, etc )
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
prob accurate - the idea behind testing are people who will fuck around to see what is and isn't possible, majority of zombie people use snipers map, down load a gun pack and just release it buggy as hell quoting "did mi testz map but me just wanna sharz"

We will gain nothing from those people testing - they have no drive to "find out" how to do anything and just assume errors are "just there"

However, I would say they should hand the alpha to the more experienced people who actually "try" ( eg yourself, jbird ( leviathan one ), didukwnipwn, stuffy, redspace, RDV, trem, etc )

Seeing as they are mostly working on Radiant (or so it seems) Izartax, Radimax and maybe sethnorris/chn should have been the guys to get it out of the zombie community IMHO (although Izartax has mainly been a COD4 mapper and was possibly overlooked simply because he is not 'staff' on Mappers United - which seems to be the only prerequisite). If they were to test out the scripting capabilities then yeh, the guys you mentioned (sans me of course lol) should have been asked for sure.

But they just ignored us all anyway regardless of our skills so it's all rather moot.

Basically, get 'staff' status on Mappers United and you're in, everyone else is not even considered. :D
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
To be fair though the guys on Mappers United are all better than most of us

No-one said they shouldn't have been given it though, I agree I would have rather chosen COD4 mappers too (not because of their skills but just because they are generally not as dumb/young as the zombie community), but you're telling me Radi and Izartax are not up to standard? Lol. They obviously didn't choose people purely based on skill. :please:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Seeing as they are mostly working on Radiant (or so it seems) Izartax, Radimax and maybe sethnorris/chn should have been the guys to get it out of the zombie community IMHO (although Izartax has mainly been a COD4 mapper and was possibly overlooked simply because he is not 'staff' on Mappers United - which seems to be the only prerequisite). If they were to test out the scripting capabilities then yeh, the guys you mentioned (sans me of course lol) should have been asked for sure.

But they just ignored us all anyway regardless of our skills so it's all rather moot.

Basically, get 'staff' status on Mappers United and you're in, everyone else is not even considered. :D
well I mean your a good mapper - as is red

And zeroy has it and he's mostly a scripter and has shown some bits to do with that side

I imagine they are not "limited to mapping" although that may be the main focus for the testing at these early stages

Edit - also I wanna edit my selection now lol

You
Seth
Nate
Chn
Radi
Stuffy
Trem
Hitman
Izartax
Tudark
Red
Smasher
Pieman
Pwn

There's still more lol

Those are what I would refer to as talented and "not immature" ( or at least less lol )
Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:16:36 pm by Harry Bo21
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
People who release map with (meaningful) developer and developer_script errors shouldn't be given any access for scripting. If your map is full of script runtime errors(from scripts you've made) you probably aren't very good at scripting.

Treyarch's scripters use developer and developer_script as well, so it wouldn't be unfair or wrong in the least to use that as a baseline. They need quality scripters, people who know how to make quality scripts and spot issues with existing scripts, not someone who can script a panzer or an Origin tank or w/e(more is better, of course).

That's about 4(ish) people that I know of on UGX(myself included). No idea about MP mappers or CoD4.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117

And zeroy has it and he's mostly a scripter and has shown some bits to do with that side

I imagine they are not "limited to mapping" although that may be the main focus for the testing at these early stages

You
Seth
Nate
Chn
Radi
Stuffy
Trem
Hitman
Izartax
Tudark
Red
Smasher
Pieman
Pwn

There's still more lol

Those are what I would refer to as talented and "not immature" ( or at least less lol )

Just want to add a few more
Jr Rizzo
Dr Lilrobot
Jbird632 (kinda worried he might cancel though :troll:)
Harry
Rambo
& HexZ
Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite

You
Seth
Nate
Chn
Radi
Stuffy
Trem
Hitman
Izartax
Tudark
Red
Smasher
Pieman
Pwn

There's still more lol

I vote out smasher and vote in Jammy.
Date Registered: 30 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
WECoyote99's Groups
WECoyote99's Contact & Social LinksFcochis1afscsrpinoWECoyote99
I vote MAK911
Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:39:54 pm by WECoyote99
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
I vote out smasher and vote in Jammy.

i vote in jammy too
and vote out Ma... oh i dont need to
Constants and Variables
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
i vote in jammy too
and vote out Ma... oh i dont need to
I spent the last 5 minutes just trying to reply to that post with a link to a movie where they go,"You do not want to do that. You REALLY do not want to do that," but I couldn't find one. I'll find it later.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I just cut the thread in half where it started to derail into oblivion. Let's see how long we can stay on topic this time.

Loading ...