More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Rainy Death, a map more miserable and rainy than the city of London on a Daily basis. This map was made by the ‘OG Finnish Mapper’ HitmanVere, with aid from people like RollonMath42 for weapons and RelaxingEnd for hype. It was released this morning (Australian time) to great appraisals from the general community. Now, let’s get into the pros and cons for this map.

PROS

Weapons are well ported: This map gives access to a vast arsenal at our disposal. The weapons themselves function how they would according to their corresponding titles, such as the BO1 AK47 and the AW MORS Sniper Rifle. Other delicacies include the bane of every CS:GO players existence, the AWP, the Brakka-Brakka M93 Raffica and the carrier of zombie slaying, the Ray Gun Mark 2. All of these function perfectly and I couldn’t find a single flaw in how they functioned, except for the fact the AWP would suit better if it was rigged on L96A1 animations, because reasons)

Easter Eggs for everyone: This map has 2 easter eggs, the main easter egg that allows you to escape the map, which isn’t really different as every map has one of these but, it has an easter egg for the useable tomahawks, which are also in this map. This is refreshing to me as I like to go on scavenger hunts to uncover secrets that give me handy rewards, like the Blundergat from Mob of the Dead.

Perks work fluidly: Nowadays, people now have access to well ported perks, thanks to people like Harry Bo21, and some maps still use the older ported perks, such as Bamskater’s perk set. This Map completely sidesteps these 2 options and makes it’s own, become friends with a very good scripter and make your own. These perks work just as well as their official counterparts, and I love them for it.
Now, no map is perfect, so now let’s get into the cons of this map

CONS:

All Cons have been nullified.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 9/10. It’s so detailed, my Laptop loses so many frames with Specular maps enabled, so I can’t enjoy it fully (low-end laptop)
Custom Content: 10/10. Everything, literally everything is custom, INCLUDING the Knife Model.
Fun Scale: 8/10. It is a nice map to play, for both casual players and players who like to challenge themselves with self-limitations.
Replayability: 7/10. This map can be played a few times as you can try out different strategies to see how far you can go.
Overall Score: 34/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8473.0.html
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:37:29 pm by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 23 April 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Money isn't everything but everything has a price
Eternal_Fire's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Eternal_Fire's Contact & Social Links
Great review jiffy :)

PS. It says 33/40 in the title yet you give it a rating of 32/40 in the conclusion
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
The pic you used to show off the map is the endgame screen of you winning; is that what the whole map looks like?
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
The pic you used to show off the map is the endgame screen of you winning; is that what the whole map looks like?
Yeah totally black.

But I don't see in the cons any good reason, for Rainy Death not be in the map manager.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Nice review, although you said Napalm Zombie was fine while testing :troll:
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
CONS:
No perk limit: This takes away from the challenge of playing zombies, as you can buy as many perks as you like, instead of having 4 perks, then grinding your backside off to earn those extra perk slots (like in Origins and Ascension). I understand we must cater to the lowest common denominator, but to me it just takes away from the challenge of the map itself.

I think that's the first time someone has complained about not having a perk limit in custom zombies.  :please:

Nice review though Jiffy!
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Great review jiffy :)

PS. It says 33/40 in the title yet you give it a rating of 32/40 in the conclusion
I noticed that, I did that while I was really tired.
Nice review, although you said Napalm Zombie was fine while testing :troll:
love/hate relationship :lol:
changed it to me about to end the game, with the colourful moon screens
I think that's the first time someone has complained about not having a perk limit in custom zombies.  :please:

I know right?
and thanks for all the support, really appreciative of it.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Been talking with few people in chat and been fixing few bugs. Perklimit might be one thing being added and Napalm helping the cause (nerfed, of course)
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt

Daedra would like to disagree... as usual.
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Are we not gonna add a point for first fully proper Scavenger? Damage, FX and correct explosion sounds?

Nice review though, you covered the main points well :)
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Are we not gonna add a point for first fully proper Scavenger? Damage, FX and correct explosion sounds?

Nice review though, you covered the main points well :)
Weapons are well ported: This map gives access to a vast arsenal at our disposal. The weapons themselves function how they would according to their corresponding titles, such as the BO1 AK47 and the AW MORS Sniper Rifle. Other delicacies include the bane of every CS:GO players existence, the AWP, the Brakka-Brakka M93 Raffica and the carrier of zombie slaying, the Ray Gun Mark 2. All of these function perfectly and I couldn’t find a single flaw in how they functioned, except for the fact the AWP would suit better if it was rigged on L96A1 animations, because reasons)
[/quote]

So, saying all weapons are ported well doesn't cover all weapons? :poker:
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
Shame the knife model wasn't custom, would have added another point for that I'd assume?
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Shame the knife model wasn't custom, would have added another point for that I'd assume?
indeed  :lol:
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
indeed  :lol:
Don't worry. New update will get Hitman back that point. :troll:
Date Registered: 3 February 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
The Power of 115 hahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature
Hello I'm Toxic Richtofen and I'm a proud zombies fan. I have everything practically memorized from easter eggs to other information as well. I am also the leader of my own zombie killing clan: 115Warriors. I hope we can get along and can't wait to play the intriguing maps to come.
The Napalm Boss: Although I like the challenge this boss brings to the map, it annoys the living daylights out of me when he comes out of nowhere and proceeds to ruin my day by become a sprinting nuclear bomb.

I hate that since the time a Napalm Zombie suddenly started sprinting at me which surprised the hell out of me in the map Shangri La

Loading ...