Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
This post has been copied from the private Exclusive Donor's Section to the public Announcements section. Donors saw this post on 4/4/2014. I will continue to copy these Devblogs to the Announcements section as they become old enough that the donor exclusivity was long enough.

• Changed wall chalks to our new "Wallweapon Box" system (see above)
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the Ghosts M9A1 Beretta. It is an explosive-class elemental weapon.
  • Implemented the PaP version of the L96A1. It is called the VR-96A1 to replace the VR-0A3 from the M40A3.
  • Implemented the PaP version of the Ballista. It is replacing the R700 Gravity Bomb. It has a new feature where you can use iron sights OR the scope via the altweapon hotkey.
  • Implemented (and then removed) the PaP version of the BO1 MP5k (see concerns below).
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the Ghosts AK-12. It is a fire-class elemental weapon.
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the Ghosts Honey Badger. It is an electric-class elemental weapon.
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the BO2 M1927. It is an explosive-class elemental weapon.
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the BO2 M1216. It is a wind-class elemental weapon.
  • Implemented the PaP and Elemental versions of the BO2 XM8. It is an acid-class elemental weapon.
  • Removed the S-12 from the mod. We have enough shotguns already, and this is our least favorite.
  • Removed the BO1 Five-Seven from the mod. We have enough pistols already, and this is super low-damage and our least favorite.
  • Removed the BO1 UZI and moved the Mine Placer ability to the PaP'd Skorpion.
  • Removed the BO1 Famas. We have enough assault rifles already and this was our least favorite.
  • Removed the BO1 Commando and COD4 M4A1 in favor of the M27 from BO2. These guns were all similar and we only need one.

We have 115 (haha) weapons included in the mod right now if you count all the different variations, and that is the most we can fit (see concerns below). It is more than any other map or mod ever released, and we still have FX room left for mappers to utilize.

We had to make some hard decisions and remove some weapons from the mod so that we had room for all of the new ones we wanted to add. Since most weapons have not only a PaP version but an Elemental version as well, each weapon takes 2-3 slots each which makes the space disappear quickly.

I also need to talk about the current status of dual wielding. I am having a number of doubts about it being the best solution for the mod and also how much time it will take me to finish (if ever). Here are my concerns:

• I don't want to delay the beta any longer. This is one of the MAJOR items holding back the beta AND release.
  • I didn't do enough testing before I made this video about the feature on our channel. It turns out that the method I used for picking up the keypresses for shooting and reloading on players has a latency delay in co-op matches. The delay is pretty noticeable because you click and then wait 200ms for something to happen. It seems like a negligible amount of time but for an FPS game that is a huge delay and I found it annoying while testing as a US client connected to a match hosted in Europe.
  • Even if I wasn't having the above latency issue, there is still the issue that the Dual Wielding feels very clunky to me. You can't rapidly fire both weapons at the same time (sometimes it works and other times not, it just feels bugged), which breaks your immersion when you click and it doesn't respond appropriately. The independent reloading is also still a huge issue holding me back and even after the countless hours Delta and I have  poured into fixing it, it still doesn't work right because of engine limitations with playing more than one animation simultaneously on the same viewmodel.
  • Update 5/15/14: Before anyone brings it up, yes I have seen the recent video from offthewall where he has independent firing. I have talked to him on Skype and the method he used is very similar to ours but with some additional "hacks" that fixed the reload_empty and reload left/right that we were still struggling with. I don't know if he would be willing to share his script or if we would even want to use it (I haven't played with it in a map so I don't know how smooth it actually feels), but assuming we do not use this script we will just have traditional dual-firing dual wielding as seen in maps such as TMG Alcatraz.
  • I don't want anything in the mod that I don't stand behind or endorse 100%.

So I come to you guys hat in hand and apologize for jumping the gun with a video promising a feature that I couldn't deliver 100%. Nothing in the video was fake but gameplay-wise it feels worse than it looks and I have not found a way to improve that. This engine has so many ridiculous limitations that I really think this just isn't meant to be.

I still want to release the independent fire/reload progress I made to the community after the mod release to prove how much progress we made with it and maybe later down the line someone might be able to improve on it. I was so excited about my breakthrough on the method that I didn't think through the remaining issues enough to foresee it not working. This is exactly why I wait so long and spend so much time on features like this before announcing it at all - to avoid having to eat my words later on when it doesn't work.

Since I know you guys were anticipating Dual Wielding in UGX Mod v1.1 and I know our subscribers on YouTube are all expecting to see something, Saje and I will implement some custom Dual Wield weapons that function similarly to the existing ones in the community that fire at the same time and share the same clip. We know those would work and they don't require much time to implement. We plan to do dual M1911's (with Mustang and Sally as the PaP), Dual FMG9's, and Dual .44 Magnums. If you guys would like to see any other Dual Wields instead of those, please let me know and we will consider it.
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
is there still any way to bring back the famas and mp5k? Or is it a no go? I was very surprised to see those two be kicked out... hopefully beta wont be too long down the road from here! :D
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
  • Changed wall chalks to our new "Wallweapon Box" system (see above)
I don't remember which maps they were (I think Kneipe der Untoten was one of them), but instead of putting it on walls, the mapper decided to put weapon chalks on other places such as a small table or something like that.

Is there any chance that you'll keep wall chalks in for those who prefer to use them instead of the Wallweapon Box system?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I don't remember which maps they were (I think Kneipe der Untoten was one of them), but instead of putting it on walls, the mapper decided to put weapon chalks on other places such as a small table or something like that.

Is there any chance that you'll keep wall chalks in for those who prefer to use them instead of the Wallweapon Box system?
They still work fine if you use chalks, but we are not going to create all the chalks that you will need in prefabs etc or make the chalk images, so thats up to mappers :)
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
i was going to ask this in the last devlog but i ask it here.

there is a way to raplace the ugx weapon box with the normal weapon box?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
i was going to ask this in the last devlog but i ask it here.

there is a way to raplace the ugx weapon box with the normal weapon box?
No, the script was heavily edited to work with firesale and also the 5 second free sale for other players to buy the weapon the puller left. Also edited for the new movement of the box and rotations and orientation and fx.
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
Sad to see the removing of some bo1 guns, in particular the mp5k. But hopefully the mod still has some room to add in custom weapons? In my opinion i'd like to see more black ops guns and think there is too many ghosts weapons. but great progress though as always.
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
I saw in Offthewall's video that if you are reloading one of the guns while shooting with the other gun, then the shooting animation wont play on the gun that you are shooting with while you are reloading the other gun.
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
They still work fine if you use chalks, but we are not going to create all the chalks that you will need in prefabs etc or make the chalk images, so thats up to mappers :)
if you tell me the guns you need caulks for, i can make them
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I saw in Offthewall's video that if you are reloading one of the guns while shooting with the other gun, then the shooting animation wont play on the gun that you are shooting with while you are reloading the other gun.
I noticed this as well. The reason is an engine limitation for playing two anims at once from script.
Date Registered: 30 October 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Nobodyactually's Contact & Social Links
Really Like the New wall Weapons and i think the guns removed are ones i wont be missing, shame on the dual wielding limitations but its something that cant be solved just yet, either way im looking forward to seeing it, for weapons/dual wields any chance of the pp2000? quite liked that gun from mw2 ;D
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
lol im happy to see some bo1 weapons are gone. they have been used a lot specially the famas and they arent that good in my opinion. bo2 guns are prettier  8) also some ghosts ones but not all
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
lol im happy to see some bo1 weapons are gone. they have been used a lot specially the famas and they arent that good in my opinion. bo2 guns are prettier  8) also some ghosts ones but not all

i have actually yet to see any decent ported MP5K or Famas, and they wouldnt be on my choice of weapons to take out
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I think Black Ops had waaayy too many of the same gun.

The famas, commando, AUG all held the same function, similar rates of fire and the exact ammo clip of 30. Once you pap' the weapons, the only differences come down to sights and attachments.

The inclusion of ghost guns adds a mystery appeal for those who never bought or played the game. Wonder how long it took to name their pap'ed counterparts?
Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:58:25 pm by moonmaster1
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Famas i don't really care for but i agree that the MP5K should stay, love that gun just a cool looking gun and well balanced.

Loading ...