Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
I have a great idea can you add the ragnarok dg4 , and the bow of der eisendrache ?

I wish! I love that map. It and MOTD are my favorites. I'm definitely going to try to make something cool for wonder weapons. I have one weapon done already but it's more of an Easter egg gun not really a beast zombie killer. But hey if you come across someone who has or knows how to make the bows just lemme know.  ;)
Soooo... can I get an intervention and an M27? ::)
We'll see.  8)
Date Registered: 25 June 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Hp341's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hp341's Contact & Social Links
Could you please add bo3 pack a punch firing sound
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
imreigning's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
Hahahahaha don't worry, I have my own weapons I've been working on. Plus I was able to make some new areas without hitting the texture limit.
I'm not exactly sure if you can bind the worldspawn settings to a model to make the light move like you said but I will definitely look into it. I never thought of that before. I'm also looking into the weather thing too. Thanks man for the ideas.

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:02:32 pm by imreigning
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
Hahahahaha don't worry, I have my own weapons I've been working on. Plus I was able to make some new areas without hitting the texture limit.
I'm not exactly sure if you can bind the worldspawn settings to a model to make the light move like you said but I will definitely look into it. I never thought of that before. I'm also looking into the weather thing too. Thanks man for the ideas.

Yeah man no prob, i love the map so far. So yeah the main idea was the weather idea using the dog rounds weather change default script to change the weather throughout the game. It doesnt have to be on dogg/boss rounds. You can still use the default script but just dont have any dogs come if you just want to make weather change without the boss/dog rounds..

Oops i meant to reply to our conversation btw

Double Post Merge: May 03, 2016, 12:33:58 am
One more thing, please change up the damage of the guns to be more realistic. The pistols should be alot stronger and the snipers for example. I understand packapunch makes them stronger but i feel like the pistols are to week and its unrealistic. It would be cool to have the pistols stronger.

BUT FOR A SERIOUS IDEA PLEASE READ GOOD STUFF... Changing the damage of all the guns to be REALSITIC.. So you can start out with a knife only and your first gun, the pistol, can be pretty expensive since the guns are  stronger and more realistic.. here me out
If your going to do this, which i hope you do, you can make it so that the points in game are based on kills and not each shot to compensate for the lesser amount of points people might get with stronger guns.. Still making the heat shots, knifes worth more. You can also make the window rebuild points more. Something else is more points for revives. Also big points for Killing bosses. This point system is very much like quizz's mod from the beta map TMG Skyland.  BUT Heres the catch/change...

Something else i thought of was making the progression of the map based on challenges. So the doors/barriers of the map will not be money based by challenge or easter egg based. For example a door might say 25 zombie kills and act as a soul chest with the souls going into a soul lantern by the door or something. Another example could be 12 grenades to open door. So you have to use all your grenades for a couple rounds to blow up the barrier completely. Another example could be finding keys, etc. So all this together makes the game more realistic and uses points more for upgrading guns. And makes the progression of the map challenge based etc..

Also you can make in game challenges for money and more like in origins. You can make it so that there are a bunch of challenges listed in game (in origins bo2 map there is a challenge chest) all around the different parts of the map. With the slower point progression with guns you will be obliged to do the challenges for more money and extras to buy weapons and stuff since the doors are challenge based.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.

BUT FOR A SERIOUS IDEA PLEASE READ GOOD STUFF... Changing the damage of all the guns to be REALSITIC.. So you can start out with a knife only and your first gun, the pistol, can be pretty expensive since the guns are  stronger and more realistic.. here me out
If your going to do this, which i hope you do, you can make it so that the points in game are based on kills and not each shot to compensate for the lesser amount of points people might get with stronger guns.. Still making the heat shots, knifes worth more. You can also make the window rebuild points more. Something else is more points for revives. Also big points for Killing bosses. This point system is very much like quizz's mod from the beta map TMG Skyland.  BUT Heres the catch/change...

Something else i thought of was making the progression of the map based on challenges. So the doors/barriers of the map will not be money based by challenge or easter egg based. For example a door might say 25 zombie kills and act as a soul chest with the souls going into a soul lantern by the door or something. Another example could be 12 grenades to open door. So you have to use all your grenades for a couple rounds to blow up the barrier completely. Another example could be finding keys, etc. So all this together makes the game more realistic and uses points more for upgrading guns. And makes the progression of the map challenge based etc..

Also you can make in game challenges for money and more like in origins. You can make it so that there are a bunch of challenges listed in game (in origins bo2 map there is a challenge chest) all around the different parts of the map. With the slower point progression with guns you will be obliged to do the challenges for more money and extras to buy weapons and stuff since the doors are challenge based.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm still working on the easter egg and some objectives as well as detailing some areas of the map. From my test runs of the map I believe I may have to lower the amount of points you receive from killing zombies. Mainly because I'll have 4500 points by round 5 and can just buy my way through the whole map. I'll get it nice and balanced and don't worry about the weapons. I've spend countless hours and days getting my own weapons as well as some weapons from the community working and balanced.   ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Spoiler: click to open...
Yeah man no prob, i love the map so far. So yeah the main idea was the weather idea using the dog rounds weather change default script to change the weather throughout the game. It doesnt have to be on dogg/boss rounds. You can still use the default script but just dont have any dogs come if you just want to make weather change without the boss/dog rounds..

Oops i meant to reply to our conversation btw

Double Post Merge: May 03, 2016, 12:33:58 am
One more thing, please change up the damage of the guns to be more realistic. The pistols should be alot stronger and the snipers for example. I understand packapunch makes them stronger but i feel like the pistols are to week and its unrealistic. It would be cool to have the pistols stronger.

But, you would have "realistic" weapons in a mode that involves the undead rising from the ground and slapping you down in 2 hits, as well as drinking a beverage that allows you to shoot faster, run faster and further, allow you fall as far as you want without as much as a scratch, and allows you excrete webs when you a slapped.
Yeah, weapons should definitely be realistic, amongst all this other totally realistic things within the zombies game mode.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Spoiler: click to open...

But, you would have "realistic" weapons in a mode that involves the undead rising from the ground and slapping you down in 2 hits, as well as drinking a beverage that allows you to shoot faster, run faster and further, allow you fall as far as you want without as much as a scratch, and allows you excrete webs when you a slapped.
Yeah, weapons should definitely be realistic, amongst all this other totally realistic things within the zombies game mode.

Hahahahaha true! I'm going to keep the weapons balanced mainly because if all the weapons were realistic then the zombies wouldn't stand a chance. I mean when I shoot my .12 gauge shotgun in real life it goes way farther than it does in Cod WaW and does way more damage too. lol I'm just happy that people are taking interest in my map and throwing ideas at me. Realism is not really the feel of my map so far. Like you said Jiffy I have all the newest perks, crazy wonder weapons that do weird stuff, zombies and other creatures, and maybe even another dimension...  ::) 
I'm aiming towards a fun, re-playable, story-driven map that people will hopefully enjoy playing for years to come. 
Date Registered: 20 August 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Coding Hobbyist, Application & Web Development
Signature
Undeadmetal's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Undeadmetal's Contact & Social LinksOnlyAGamer

even another dimension...  ::) 

:o  :rainbow: Yes please, maybe like a dark twisted dimension and the portal to it is a ripped open rift like in bo3, I mean if you can get that.. or something similar or cooler, or two dimensions one light and one all dark like good and bad and each one has a boss that drops an item to open a portal leading to a buyable ending or some weapon.
Date Registered: 29 December 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
VetonLP's Groups
VetonLP's Contact & Social Links
when will it be rady this afar looks great good job
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
when will it be rady this afar looks great good job

There is no set date for release yet. I just graduated college (Whoop! Whoop!  :D) so I'm busy with the graduation ceremony and parties but I should be able to finish it up by late June/July at the latest. As soon as everything calms down in my life I should have tons of free time after work to relax and work on Alcatraz.  8)

Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I just graduated college (Whoop! Whoop!  :D)
Congratulations buddy! This must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Now on to fulltime Alcatraz.
Date Registered: 1 October 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Cyber_Meltdown's Contact & Social LinksCyber_Wolf23Cyber_Wolf23
is there gonna be a zombie boss?
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
(Image removed from quote.)

Um, it was a legit question, because Whippy hasn't actually settled on a boss zombie, so there might not be one.
Settle Petal :please:
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Um, it was a legit question, because Whippy hasn't actually settled on a boss zombie, so there might not be one.
Settle Petal :please:
I thought he did...
Carry on.

Loading ...