Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
READ EASTER EGG.
Spoiler: click to open...
Collecting supplies from zombie prison guards and there offices (maybe after you kill them) to collect for an escape off altatras island. You gotta collect keys from guards to get into their offices and some secret rooms etc. Get special perks and stuff too, like booze for pain killers but with the bad aim downfall. Also guns can be found from fallen or alive prison guards or in their offices. The escape is You gotta get parts for a hot air ballon. There are a couple problems you got to deal with before you can escape. you got to defeat the beast (boss zombies) which is in a special cell to get to a escape tunnel that he was starting to digg in his cell but you can only see the tunnel if you look at obvious enough clues and writtings on the wall and scratches etc. You also have to have the key to open his cell that you get from one of the ofiicers/offices closest to his cell. There are clues to an escape plan that he was starting to write after all hell broke loose. Says something like this, get supplies to build hot air balloon, dig tunnel build supplies at beach and leave. It is about a tunnel to the beach and an air ballon. (it shows you got to get an emergency raft from the head officers office. and rope from the cave. and a lighter from the wardens office jsut outside beasts cell and gasoline from (somewhere) and beasts special bucket he was making for the escape. it is a bucket with a metal cover and a hole at the bottom. and the beast has been sewing together a sheet for the ballon of the air ballon (also he will drop tools essential for escaping) You got to use the tools the boss zombies drops to continue digging the hole until you find your self at an under ground cave with alot of zombies. (FYI Once you beat the beast you make it so that the zombie spawning rounds end and it spawns all the zombies (ALOT) at the end of the tunnel (in the cave)  because you are making an escape. I guess it could be like a boss round in the scripts just with alot of regular zombies instead of a boss, you will see why i say that. - i thought this out.). Once you open the tunnel the zombies see you and you gotta shoot for you life with all you got and you can runn all the back back up the way you came while you do so. Once you beat the zombies the regular zombie rounds start again from where they left off. and you got to get all the supplies and build the hot air ballon fast! :P . Once you build the hot air balloon you then fly away :) (FYI this is how the hot air ballow works.. the special bucket is to be filled with gasoline for the flame to make the hot air balloon fly and the raft is the floor of the hot air ballon and the ropes tie it all together.)

Great idea man! I love it!  :D I actually was thinking about a hot air balloon and even built one a long time ago that flies like a lunar lander. I'm definitely gonna start working on this. I'm thinking I can use Brutus as the guard and he drops keys ever time you kill him. Then I can do like you said and have multiple doors that open when you use a key. I may even throw in some randomization so its a different door and cell every game.  ;)

As for the "Beast" boss, I'll have to come up with something terrifyingly awesome.   ::)

What you described above is similar to "Escape from Alcatraz" starring Clint Eastwood. I don't know if anyone has seen it but it's amazing. It's the true story of Frank Morris and his escape from Alcatraz. If you love Mob of the Dead and prison escape movies then definitely watch it. And you never know, the movie may even help you with solving some secrets in my map.  ;)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
That's what MOTD was based on too - with subtle differences like using a plane instead of a boat
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
I so glad you like it! i cant wait, i think its gonna be awesome!
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Dude i havnt seen that movie! Dude im so stoked now terribly stoked! :P Cant wait, let me know if you need beta tester i would love too!!! Your map looks great so far btw
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Dude i havnt seen that movie! Dude im so stoked now terribly stoked! :P Cant wait, let me know if you need beta tester i would love too!!! Your map looks great so far btw

Thanks man I've been working on the Easter egg and objectives all day. I'm getting there slowly but surely.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Thanks man I've been working on the Easter egg and objectives all day. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Yo im so exited!! :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Do you have brutus ported and scripted? I am planning on porting and scripting him asap. I would be much more motivated to get him done if someone was waiting on him

I kind of do but he's just a boss zombie really, he doesn't break things like perk machines etc. (I didn't know how to make him do that).  So If you want to make Brutus by all means I'd love to use him. Your's would be way better than mine. Let me know what you want to do.

-- Also if anyone has the wolves from Mob of The Dead I'd love use them. I tried all day to port the model and anims but the anims are messed up looking in Maya. I also don't know how to script the wolf eating the zombies either. I figured it would be like a soul chest but IDK. So if anyone wants to help me on those that would be awesome.
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:50:26 am by whippytrout
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
I will get working on it this weekend and hopefully have models ported tonight. I will try my best. Do you have an estimate release time frame you are shooting for?

No set time for release. You should have plenty of time, no rush.  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Perfect :) I will make a WIP so you can track progress. I will PM you for testing when I get to that stage

Sounds Great! Thanks.  :D
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
If you haven't already finished it, I think I'd like to assist in making the hot air balloon buildable like the plane in MOTD. I have some thoughts as to what to use for parts and what not and would be glad to assist.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
If you haven't already finished it, I think I'd like to assist in making the hot air balloon buildable like the plane in MOTD. I have some thoughts as to what to use for parts and what not and would be glad to assist.

Sure! I haven't even started on the hot air balloon yet. Feel free to PM me or whatever.  :D

I'm so glad people are wanting to help. Taking on a map of this magnitude alone is hard.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
I added more images of what I've been working on and also some new polls. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Also If anyone can help me out, I've got a problem with the three wolves from Mob of the Dead. Their animations in Maya are weird looking. (their lips are all stretched back and deformed) If anyone knows how to fix ported anims and/or already has the wolves working and would like to help me out that would be awesome.  :) 
Date Registered: 2 February 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
VOLT_YTB's Groups
VOLT_YTB's Contact & Social LinksVOLT_YTReal VOLT™
Good luck, that's great map.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Yo please make it so that some lights or something like that turns on when the power is turned on, in my opinion its so cool to see the power actually turn on lights and stuff... :) Just a suggestion.

Double Post Merge: April 13, 2016, 01:28:07 am
The maps looking great btw man!
Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:28:07 am by imreigning
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Yo please make it so that some lights or something like that turns on when the power is turned on, in my opinion its so cool to see the power actually turn on lights and stuff... :) Just a suggestion.

Double Post Merge: April 13, 2016, 01:28:07 am
The maps looking great btw man!

I'm trying hard to learn how to apply good lighting to the map. I'm thinking I may include some areas that need power turned on in order to power up the lights like you said.  ;)

Loading ...