Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Also If anyone can help me out, I've got a problem with the three wolves from Mob of the Dead. Their animations in Maya are weird looking. (their lips are all stretched back and deformed) If anyone knows how to fix ported anims and/or already has the wolves working and would like to help me out that would be awesome.  :)

Srry man. Forgot to reply to your pm. I could look at it if youre not in too much of a hurry.  I'll pm you later, at work now..
Map looks cool so far btw!
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
I'm trying hard to learn how to apply good lighting to the map. I'm thinking I may include some areas that need power turned on in order to power up the lights like you said.  ;)

Yo, just in case you dont know this already. Putting the light sources in the actuall lighting object. (for example putting the lighting coming from the light bulb by putting the light source in the light bulb..) Also you can do different hues and colors and shades of lights that could pertain to the feel of the area and or light etc...
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Yo, just in case you dont know this already. Putting the light sources in the actuall lighting object. (for example putting the lighting coming from the light bulb by putting the light source in the light bulb..) Also you can do different hues and colors and shades of lights that could pertain to the feel of the area and or light etc...

Thanks man I'll try and post some more screenshots soon with the updated lighting. I've been tweaking the vision file as well as the worldspawn lighting and colors. I'm making the actual lights in the prison a yellowish tint just like the old timey lights emit. It gives that creepy feel to the map just like MOTD.  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Thanks man I'll try and post some more screenshots soon with the updated lighting. I've been tweaking the vision file as well as the worldspawn lighting and colors. I'm making the actual lights in the prison a yellowish tint just like the old timey lights emit. It gives that creepy feel to the map just like MOTD.  ;)

Dude that sounds really cool! Nice!

Oh and i just saw the new picts, looking good, and you obviously know about the lighting objects. Dont overdo it where it doesnt look good though :P Thats my problem with stuff i overdo it.. I mean dont overdo it with the colors and the vision files etc* looking good though cant wait!
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:00:03 am by HitmanVere
Date Registered: 2 February 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
VOLT_YTB's Groups
VOLT_YTB's Contact & Social LinksVOLT_YTReal VOLT™
GG , your MODT remake is perfect . good job.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Dude that sounds really cool! Nice!

Oh and i just saw the new picts, looking good, and you obviously know about the lighting objects. Dont overdo it where it doesnt look good though :P Thats my problem with stuff i overdo it.. I mean dont overdo it with the colors and the vision files etc* looking good though cant wait!

Hey man i got an idea for circular flow of the map.
An idea could be having one or more ATVs that you can build or add weaponry and shielding to them to make them more baddass. To make it not to over powered you can make it so that you have to get gasoline and or ammo for them. Maybe you HAVE to get a max ammo for the ATV gun ammo, or you have to find gasoline tanks around the map to fill up the ATVs etc. Another new idea could be Parkour Jumps that zombies cant do. you could make them sick too! And for anti camping purposes you can make the course moving objects or whatever that tilt and youll fall off if you stayed on it to long etc. So like where the zipline would go you put a parkour set to where you jump on to something and to something else like a rope (with ladder script) etc, The parkour can be like random things in the map, or maybe like a broken building etc..

I liked the gonola from the original mod of the dead because it was a safe transport if there was alot of zombies after you especially if you couldnt shoot them all.. .. Maybe you can have a gondola wherever, ziplines from the roof. And that truck idea is cool, but if its not done right itll look dumb.. Like the wheals should spin when it drives at least in my opinion.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hey man i got an idea for circular flow of the map.
An idea could be having one or more ATVs that you can build or add weaponry and shielding to them to make them more baddass. To make it not to over powered you can make it so that you have to get gasoline and or ammo for them. Maybe you HAVE to get a max ammo for the ATV gun ammo, or you have to find gasoline tanks around the map to fill up the ATVs etc. Another new idea could be Parkour Jumps that zombies cant do. you could make them sick too! And for anti camping purposes you can make the course moving objects or whatever that tilt and youll fall off if you stayed on it to long etc. So like where the zipline would go you put a parkour set to where you jump on to something and to something else like a rope (with ladder script) etc, The parkour can be like random things in the map, or maybe like a broken building etc..

I liked the gonola from the original mod of the dead because it was a safe transport if there was alot of zombies after you especially if you couldnt shoot them all.. .. Maybe you can have a gondola wherever, ziplines from the roof. And that truck idea is cool, but if its not done right itll look dumb.. Like the wheals should spin when it drives at least in my opinion.

Thanks man, I do have an old drivable batmobile I never used, I may modify it into something like you said and let people drive it to and from the prison from the docks.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Thanks man, I do have an old drivable batmobile I never used, I may modify it into something like you said and let people drive it to and from the prison from the docks.

Nice man!!!
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Nice man!!!

I got a great idea. Weather and or daytime changes. so youve seen the 'weather change' that happens during dog rounds by default in world at war zombies? You could make it so that when its a boss round or something like dog rounds you can trigger that weather change. You can make the weather change end after the rounds or  so that it stays until a certain amount of time or the next weather trigger. You can also make the intensity of the weather change progressive so that it portrays the urgency of the boss/dogs rounds. So lets say the map starts out morning lighting with light rain and then its about to be a boss round and the HEAVY rain starts (or lighting or snow etc). After the boss round the HEAVY rain turns into light "rain" and the "rain" stops or changes next time theres a weather change trigger all using the default dog rounds "weather changer" (its not really weather change but its close enough to use it to do weather changes.)

Another example of the progression is that you could make it so that it starts out very light snow and when the dogs/boss rounds are gonna start it turns into a blizzard or heavier snow and then after the round the weather subsides again.

Hey another good idea would be changing days and or weather. For the changing day time if possible Make it real time, so that the map starts out, for example, 5 pm and it takes about a couple hours to get dark.  Or where the moons out and it becomes morning within a hour etc..
A way to do this is to make a sun and moon in maya or whatever and make the sun a major light source. Make it move across the sky at the rate it would in real life. Once it reaches the edge/horizon of the map it will get dark because it was a major light source. And the moon is moving at the same rate under the map to replace the sun as a light source as well ( but the moons light)
You can make the map start out with no wheather but when it gets dark it starts to snow fall very lightely. And then the snow can increase until it becomes day light where you can make it light snow fall untill there is no snow if wanted..

Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I have been working on this map on and off for years, its been my learning tool but now I want to finish it. I was debating using the UGX mod 1.1 but after testing it I found it may be too much work. It caused me to hit a few engine limits so I'm going to be using my own weapons and maybe Harry's perks and mods. I loved the UGX Mod 1.1 and I recommend using it as it is extremely easy to install and contains a million awesome features. Maybe later I will include a UGX version of the map once it gets out of beta.

Its not fair... Its not fair...
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:40:46 pm by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
(Content removed from quote.)
:please: Start making your own maps.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups

Hahahahaha don't worry, I have my own weapons I've been working on. Plus I was able to make some new areas without hitting the texture limit.
I got a great idea. Weather and or daytime changes. so youve seen the 'weather change' that happens during dog rounds by default in world at war zombies? You could make it so that when its a boss round or something like dog rounds you can trigger that weather change. You can make the weather change end after the rounds or  so that it stays until a certain amount of time or the next weather trigger. You can also make the intensity of the weather change progressive so that it portrays the urgency of the boss/dogs rounds. So lets say the map starts out morning lighting with light rain and then its about to be a boss round and the HEAVY rain starts (or lighting or snow etc). After the boss round the HEAVY rain turns into light "rain" and the "rain" stops or changes next time theres a weather change trigger all using the default dog rounds "weather changer" (its not really weather change but its close enough to use it to do weather changes.)

Another example of the progression is that you could make it so that it starts out very light snow and when the dogs/boss rounds are gonna start it turns into a blizzard or heavier snow and then after the round the weather subsides again.

Hey another good idea would be changing days and or weather. For the changing day time if possible Make it real time, so that the map starts out, for example, 5 pm and it takes about a couple hours to get dark.  Or where the moons out and it becomes morning within a hour etc..
A way to do this is to make a sun and moon in maya or whatever and make the sun a major light source. Make it move across the sky at the rate it would in real life. Once it reaches the edge/horizon of the map it will get dark because it was a major light source. And the moon is moving at the same rate under the map to replace the sun as a light source as well ( but the moons light)
You can make the map start out with no wheather but when it gets dark it starts to snow fall very lightely. And then the snow can increase until it becomes day light where you can make it light snow fall untill there is no snow if wanted..

I'm not exactly sure if you can bind the worldspawn settings to a model to make the light move like you said but I will definitely look into it. I never thought of that before. I'm also looking into the weather thing too. Thanks man for the ideas.
Date Registered: 2 February 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
VOLT_YTB's Groups
VOLT_YTB's Contact & Social LinksVOLT_YTReal VOLT™
I have a great idea can you add the ragnarok dg4 , and the bow of der eisendrache ?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Hahahahaha don't worry, I have my own weapons I've been working on. Plus I was able to make some new areas without hitting the texture limit.
Soooo... can I get an intervention and an M27? ::)

Loading ...