Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
It's clear the constructive feedback and intent of my posts were missed by many.  I'm disappointed that's your view.
Your feedback was not purely constructive in my opinion. Alongside the bits of constructive criticism there was a lot of nay-saying, speculation, and in my opinion defamation that was completely uncalled for and detrimental to the spirit of this contest, as well as those who participated in it. If you do not see that in your feedback then I think you may have misrepresented yourself, at least in my opinion.

It's also disappointing you felt the need to remove  constructive posts outlining suggestions for future contests, which included an apology to Guns and Meaty, and also a response to your input.
I did not remove that. I did not even notice it was removed until you pointed it out. I have checked the moderation log and it shows that Gunns4Hire removed your apology reply. I would imagine he chose to remove it for the same reasons I gave - it was not in good spirit and brought a lot of unnecessary negativity and controversy to something (and someone) that does not deserve any. I gave both GUNS4HIRE and meatwagon22 temporary post moderation abilities in this board so that they could regulate it as they saw fit, so if they choose to remove a post inside this board then I will allow it.

I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole
I'm very sorry to hear that, chroma.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 4 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
A day without Laughter is a day wasted
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
sorry, I didnt mean to sound that rude, Ive just been waiting to play a lot of these maps but none of the map makers have released their maps even after the video was uploaded (which totally isnt your fault) and it is extremely generous of you guys to be giving back to the community, I made that post out of anger and and confusion because one of my friends took his life a few days before and I felt really confused and angry (was kind of treating everyone like a jerk that day) and wanted to play some zombie maps just to take my mind of it so I would like to apologize for being a complete a hole

I am sorry for your loss, that is not an easy thing to deal with, and I understand that emotions can run high. No harm done.  I apologize if I came across too harshly in my response, but I was in a bad mood myself.
Date Registered: 19 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
GrantDaddy007's Contact & Social LinksGrantDaddyGrantdaddy007
I find the recent posts rather disappointing. Meaty and I are giving over $2000 of our OWN money to map makers, who don't usually make a dime. We thought it would be fun to have a contest with a festive theme, and yet, it seems "tis the season to be"  complaining.

Our intention is to get all of the submitted maps posted by the end of December. Despite the WIP section, we received less than 20 maps, not all of which are playable due to bugs. Once we have posted the videos, we will be making our decision and posting the results within the first 1-2 weeks of January 2015, with all prize amounts sent via paypal once the winners have provided us with their account information.

Let me clear some things up. This contest and the cash prizes are possible as a result of our successful channel on YouTube, which is successful because we know how to make videos and get high views on them. That success has enabled us to throw up $2000 in cash prizes for the members of this community as a way to thank them for making maps that have helped us get to where we are now.

It is NOT effective to spam a channel with multiple videos in the same day, simply because you are impatient, or fail to understand how YouTube works. We will not compromise our methods of creating videos simply because individuals may be impatient.

Please don't think that this is the opinion of everyone on this site... I'm am very grateful/thankful that you guys have taken not only your time but your money as well to help this community grow! 

I had a blast with this contest and I hope you continue to invest and give back as your channel grows and you find success!!!

Thank you again having this contest!!!

Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
In light of recent comments pertaining to the contest, we have decided to push hard on releasing the remaining Christmas maps on a daily basis (i.e. 1 new map per day) until all submitted maps have been posted on our channel.

We should be completed by or just after Dec 25. Our final decision as to the winners will be made at the end of December  or Early Jan. We need time to review all maps after playing them to fairly determine the winners.

Thank you for your patience.  If I don't speak to you until the final results, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 
Date Registered: 20 December 2013
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Buried Round 196 World Record by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLBm3EyNGs

Shi No First Room Round 115 by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4QN_rUJ7s
Wunderful's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wunderful's Contact & Social LinksxWunderfuLxxWunderfuLxXxWunderfuLxX1
In light of recent comments pertaining to the contest, we have decided to push hard on releasing the remaining Christmas maps on a daily basis (i.e. 1 new map per day) until all submitted maps have been posted on our channel.

We should be completed by or just after Dec 25. Our final decision as to the winners will be made at the end of December  or Early Jan. We need time to review all maps after playing them to fairly determine the winners.

The remaining videos or public map releases? Sorry, just a bit unclear on that. Before the contest I was under the impression that you would be releasing each map a short time (like a day) after you released the video on it, but as long as I get to play a few before the Christmas hype has died down, I'll be golden ;)

Thank you for your patience.  If I don't speak to you until the final results, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

You too! :)
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
The remaining videos or public map releases? Sorry, just a bit unclear on that. Before the contest I was under the impression that you would be releasing each map a short time (like a day) after you released the video on it, but as long as I get to play a few before the Christmas hype has died down, I'll be golden ;)

He means all the christmas maps uploaded on his channel, the map makers themselves are in charge of releasing the maps after their map has been posted on YAWS channel. Gunns has no say in when the map gets publicly released
Date Registered: 23 January 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
armedandhamered's Groups
armedandhamered's Contact & Social Links
Hey gunns.

I'm very curious to know what maps where submitted, how many you have left to upload and what maps you can't get to work. Any chance you could give us a break down.
Date Registered: 8 October 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
BraXi's Groups
BraXi's Contact & Social LinksthebraxiDeath Run forums
Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:48:42 pm by lukkie1998
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
hey Gunns,

So someone on the forum believes he has found a solution.

"guys if you SERIOUSLY want to play this, heres what i did to fix it

1) Right click on the desktop
2) click nVidia Control Panel
3) go into 3d -> Manage 3d settings -> Program settngs
4) find CodWaW.exe
5) set "Preferred Graphics Processor" to "Integrated Graphics"
6) Apply changes
"

I understand your time is limited but I do believe this is worth a try! Your YouTube audience will definitely love this map!
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
hey Gunns,

So someone on the forum believes he has found a solution.

"guys if you SERIOUSLY want to play this, heres what i did to fix it

1) Right click on the desktop
2) click nVidia Control Panel
3) go into 3d -> Manage 3d settings -> Program settngs
4) find CodWaW.exe
5) set "Preferred Graphics Processor" to "Integrated Graphics"
6) Apply changes
"

I understand your time is limited but I do believe this is worth a try! Your YouTube audience will definitely love this map!
FYI this is irrelevant to anyone who isn't using an nvidia laptop or has a desktop without an integrated nVidia GPU on the motherboard.
Date Registered: 8 October 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
BraXi's Groups
BraXi's Contact & Social LinksthebraxiDeath Run forums
FYI this is irrelevant to anyone who isn't using an nvidia laptop or has a desktop without an integrated nVidia GPU on the motherboard.
Not really, haven't seen built-in nvidia gpu on any mobo for last 8 years, but integrated Intel HD4xxx/5xxx and AMD APUs are capable of running WaW with medium settings.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Not really, haven't seen built-in nvidia gpu on any mobo for last 8 years, but integrated Intel HD4xxx/5xxx and AMD APUs are capable of running WaW with medium settings.
I'm aware of that. I'm saying that nobody could even use his advice unless they had an 8 year old mobo or a crappy integrated laptop.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Our apologies for the delay. We are working toward picking the winners of the contest, but we had come across 1 last map entry that we missed.  That video will be uploaded today, and a decision will be made this week.  We are hoping to get an announcement video out on the weekend of Jan 10-11. Thanks to everyone who had submitted a map for the contest, and good luck.
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Our apologies for the delay. We are working toward picking the winners of the contest, but we had come across 1 last map entry that we missed.  That video will be uploaded today, and a decision will be made this week.  We are hoping to get an announcement video out on the weekend of Jan 10-11. Thanks to everyone who had submitted a map for the contest, and good luck.

I hope there is another contest!
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
GUNNS4HIRE's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
My apologies for the delay in announcing the winners. I had planned on making a video for this weekend, but am currently on my back because of a pinched nerve.  I will do my best to get a video out next week announcing the winners.

Loading ...