Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Mystery Box 2.0 Full Release

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by PROxFTW

Poll

Question: Do you want hacker already implemented?

Yes
6 (66.7%)
No
1 (11.1%)
I don't care, up to you.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 16, 2014, 09:12:12 pm

Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
Signature
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
PROxFTW's Contact & Social LinksPROxFTWPROxFTWPROxFTWPROxFTW
Everything explained better below. But this is 2.0 of the mystery box and I really hope everyone enjoys this and the effort I put into this for everyone. Anything else please let me know and I will do it.
Video will have to be delayed as my laptop could not work the video out. So hopefully tomorrow I can get one.
Here is a gif to show off a bit of how the code looks for user settings.

Credits:
Pashan - Ideas
UGX - Ideas
Nikolai - Testing
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:06:56 am by PROxFTW
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
rdthdthth
omgitsbothscarab's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
omgitsbothscarab's Contact & Social Linksbothscarab86LilyMu
Wow, very nice. Thanks for sharing! :D Definitely will be testing this.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I wonder if this will fix my box hat refuses to move...

Ive tried literally EVERYTHING else lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
So all bugs that have been happening are now 100% fixed as far as bugs I am aware of.
Now the dl will be a few seconds to be updated so be patient. What I did is I thought the tut was just cluttered in writing so I have fixed it up, made it look nicer and added _zombiemode_powerups.gsc into the dl so you can replace your and go. If you have other powerups then the default 2 with shaders. Do not update. Either adjust the code, or ask me or another scripter to give you a hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I wanna kind of explain some of the features as well.
Box Location - There is an option to completely disable it, add it everywhere like natch, randomize the location, or set the location yourself.
Firesale - Completely redesigned to work with all the features and so far no bugs at all with it.
Perma-Box - If you played BO2 you will know after a few box hits you can get a teddy bear which allows better weapons
UGX Player Take - If you hit the box, after a little while it will be available for others to take the weapon
Adjust timers for box open time, how long for UGX player take to be active
Adjust sounds
Adjustable User settings. Try it out, this should help non-scripters hugely with customizing features with little knowledge of scripting
1 Box prefab is only required. No kvp editing besides changing models.
Fixes up many bugs with the original mystery box, including 3+ weapon/perk glitch + a few more
Fully redesigned
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few things I forgot
The locking of the box needs to be threaded manually as well as the Leroy Script needs to be threaded manually.
If you need help with that msg me and I will assist you in that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fully out of beta as it has no known bugs and is completely redesign-able to my liking. If you notice any bugs report them to me and I will fix it up as soon as possible. Again credits listed above and hope you enjoy.
Forgot 1 thing. If you use an animated box in magic_box.atr you will need to change the anims in there to work in script.
Now I have 1 question for you guys, would you like anything else to be re-modified just as easy/ any more features you think would be nicely added, anything else then let me know, helps me learn more as well as makes everything easier for others.
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:45:32 am by PROxFTW
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Mind sharing an image of the box? :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
Mind sharing an image of the box? :D
Its the default box. I just put 2.0 since it has so many features added into 1 unlike any map before. If you use the animated one, it is just the normal box without the lid so you can easily change that. And then the non-animated is just the default box.
Image:
Date Registered: 9 May 2014
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
GTTClan's Groups
I really want to try it but what is it? Like do you get all the features with it or you have to add everything manually?
I know I sound stupid but I'm confused.  :-\
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
I really want to try it but what is it? Like do you get all the features with it or you have to add everything manually?
I know I sound stupid but I'm confused.  :-\
As far as scripting. You only have a few things to adjust unless you have more than the default 2 powerups with shaders but if this is the case I can help with that. There is 1 box prefab and can be placed an infinite amount of times just don't put them to close. Once you open up the MysteryBox2.gsc there is a whole function dedicated to user settings and I have tried to make it as easy as possible for the user to change anything with changing 1 value. If you look at the script it may make a bit more sense. The only features that need to be done manually is the leroy script and the locking of the box. Everything else is taken care of based on user settings.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
GTTClan's Groups
As far as scripting. You only have a few things to adjust unless you have more than the default 2 powerups with shaders but if this is the case I can help with that. There is 1 box prefab and can be placed an infinite amount of times just don't put them to close. Once you open up the MysteryBox2.gsc there is a whole function dedicated to user settings and I have tried to make it as easy as possible for the user to change anything with changing 1 value. If you look at the script it may make a bit more sense. The only features that need to be done manually is the leroy script and the locking of the box. Everything else is taken care of based on user settings.

Nice! :) Sounds great!
Thank you man. Downloading  :derp:
Still gonna see the video first before attempting anything ONLY BECAUSE my map is messed up right now so theres no point of adding more features. But if I like what I see I'll put it in fast.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Found a bug. Once the box moves for the first time, all of the locations will let us hit the box even if the box isnt there.
Also with my ported weapons, it will only let me have 1 weapon unless I buy a wall weapon first.

Edit: Seems like it happens once the box has been to all locations at least once. I have 2 box locations in just to test. When the box left the first location the first time it was fine, but when it left the second location and went back to the first thats when it messed up, and allowed me to hit the box even if it wasnt there.

Spoiler: click to open...

Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:17:48 am by thezombiekilla6
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
GTTClan's Groups
Found a bug. Once the box moves for the first time, all of the locations will let us hit the box even if the box isnt there.
Also with my ported weapons, it will only let me have 1 weapon unless I buy a wall weapon first.

That's not the boxes fault. Go to your loadout.gsc and you can fix this issue.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
That's not the boxes fault. Go to your loadout.gsc and you can fix this issue.

I never had a problem with the 1 weapon issue until I added in the box 2.0, so....
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
I never had a problem with the 1 weapon issue until I added in the box 2.0, so....
yeah i know how to fix your issue zombie let me know if you have problems dude
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Go to _zombiemode_weapons and find
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "zombie_colt" )
around line 1627 and change it to your starting gun
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Go to _zombiemode_weapons and find
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "zombie_colt" )
around line 1627 and change it to your starting gun

My starting gun is already the colt though. Plus this is just my test map so I dont have a problem if I can only have 1 weapon, my real issue is the hintstrings being visible on all the box locations even if the box isnt there
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:17:56 am by thezombiekilla6

Loading ...