UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Downloadable Items for Mappers => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Scripts => Topic started by: PROxFTW on October 30, 2014, 02:19:37 am

Title: Mystery Box 2.0 Full Release
Post by: PROxFTW on October 30, 2014, 02:19:37 am
Everything explained better below. But this is 2.0 of the mystery box and I really hope everyone enjoys this and the effort I put into this for everyone. Anything else please let me know and I will do it.
Video will have to be delayed as my laptop could not work the video out. So hopefully tomorrow I can get one.
Here is a gif to show off a bit of how the code looks for user settings.
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2Fadbfa626f0a4be6441d5ba2d946c58de.gif&hash=056918012bc1806302f6baf79f73ca23499b7ca2)
Credits:
Pashan - Ideas
UGX - Ideas
Nikolai - Testing
Title: Re: Mystery Box 2.0 [Beta]
Post by: omgitsbothscarab on October 30, 2014, 04:24:33 am
Wow, very nice. Thanks for sharing! :D Definitely will be testing this.
Title: Re: Mystery Box 2.0 [Beta]
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 30, 2014, 04:34:43 am
I wonder if this will fix my box hat refuses to move...

Ive tried literally EVERYTHING else lol
Title: Re: Mystery Box 2.0 Full Release
Post by: PROxFTW on October 30, 2014, 11:42:18 pm
So all bugs that have been happening are now 100% fixed as far as bugs I am aware of.
Now the dl will be a few seconds to be updated so be patient. What I did is I thought the tut was just cluttered in writing so I have fixed it up, made it look nicer and added _zombiemode_powerups.gsc into the dl so you can replace your and go. If you have other powerups then the default 2 with shaders. Do not update. Either adjust the code, or ask me or another scripter to give you a hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I wanna kind of explain some of the features as well.
Box Location - There is an option to completely disable it, add it everywhere like natch, randomize the location, or set the location yourself.
Firesale - Completely redesigned to work with all the features and so far no bugs at all with it.
Perma-Box - If you played BO2 you will know after a few box hits you can get a teddy bear which allows better weapons
UGX Player Take - If you hit the box, after a little while it will be available for others to take the weapon
Adjust timers for box open time, how long for UGX player take to be active
Adjust sounds
Adjustable User settings. Try it out, this should help non-scripters hugely with customizing features with little knowledge of scripting
1 Box prefab is only required. No kvp editing besides changing models.
Fixes up many bugs with the original mystery box, including 3+ weapon/perk glitch + a few more
Fully redesigned
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few things I forgot
The locking of the box needs to be threaded manually as well as the Leroy Script needs to be threaded manually.
If you need help with that msg me and I will assist you in that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fully out of beta as it has no known bugs and is completely redesign-able to my liking. If you notice any bugs report them to me and I will fix it up as soon as possible. Again credits listed above and hope you enjoy.
Forgot 1 thing. If you use an animated box in magic_box.atr you will need to change the anims in there to work in script.
Now I have 1 question for you guys, would you like anything else to be re-modified just as easy/ any more features you think would be nicely added, anything else then let me know, helps me learn more as well as makes everything easier for others.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 31, 2014, 12:02:34 am
Mind sharing an image of the box? :D
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 12:12:28 am
Mind sharing an image of the box? :D
Its the default box. I just put 2.0 since it has so many features added into 1 unlike any map before. If you use the animated one, it is just the normal box without the lid so you can easily change that. And then the non-animated is just the default box.
Image:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Foi62.tinypic.com%2Fnxkeol.jpg&hash=ff5e11c4cd9ed0276e36794c2b014508b1bdf2b1)
Post by: GTTClan on October 31, 2014, 12:20:55 am
I really want to try it but what is it? Like do you get all the features with it or you have to add everything manually?
I know I sound stupid but I'm confused.  :-\
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 12:26:41 am
I really want to try it but what is it? Like do you get all the features with it or you have to add everything manually?
I know I sound stupid but I'm confused.  :-\
As far as scripting. You only have a few things to adjust unless you have more than the default 2 powerups with shaders but if this is the case I can help with that. There is 1 box prefab and can be placed an infinite amount of times just don't put them to close. Once you open up the MysteryBox2.gsc there is a whole function dedicated to user settings and I have tried to make it as easy as possible for the user to change anything with changing 1 value. If you look at the script it may make a bit more sense. The only features that need to be done manually is the leroy script and the locking of the box. Everything else is taken care of based on user settings.
Post by: GTTClan on October 31, 2014, 12:58:51 am
As far as scripting. You only have a few things to adjust unless you have more than the default 2 powerups with shaders but if this is the case I can help with that. There is 1 box prefab and can be placed an infinite amount of times just don't put them to close. Once you open up the MysteryBox2.gsc there is a whole function dedicated to user settings and I have tried to make it as easy as possible for the user to change anything with changing 1 value. If you look at the script it may make a bit more sense. The only features that need to be done manually is the leroy script and the locking of the box. Everything else is taken care of based on user settings.

Nice! :) Sounds great!
Thank you man. Downloading  :derp:
Still gonna see the video first before attempting anything ONLY BECAUSE my map is messed up right now so theres no point of adding more features. But if I like what I see I'll put it in fast.
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 03:07:56 am
Found a bug. Once the box moves for the first time, all of the locations will let us hit the box even if the box isnt there.
Also with my ported weapons, it will only let me have 1 weapon unless I buy a wall weapon first.

Edit: Seems like it happens once the box has been to all locations at least once. I have 2 box locations in just to test. When the box left the first location the first time it was fine, but when it left the second location and went back to the first thats when it messed up, and allowed me to hit the box even if it wasnt there.

Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNUvVAIV.jpg&hash=fe9ac0669dd1de87cffaf268c89097a45f97aba5)
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FZGYdIjU.png&hash=be6d7fa43b023917e3cf35b2a382036ed7410ad7)

Post by: GTTClan on October 31, 2014, 03:15:42 am
Found a bug. Once the box moves for the first time, all of the locations will let us hit the box even if the box isnt there.
Also with my ported weapons, it will only let me have 1 weapon unless I buy a wall weapon first.

That's not the boxes fault. Go to your loadout.gsc and you can fix this issue.
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 03:18:43 am
That's not the boxes fault. Go to your loadout.gsc and you can fix this issue.

I never had a problem with the 1 weapon issue until I added in the box 2.0, so....
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 03:30:33 am
I never had a problem with the 1 weapon issue until I added in the box 2.0, so....
yeah i know how to fix your issue zombie let me know if you have problems dude
Post by: ConvictioNDR on October 31, 2014, 06:00:00 am
Go to _zombiemode_weapons and find
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "zombie_colt" )
around line 1627 and change it to your starting gun
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 11:15:56 am
Go to _zombiemode_weapons and find
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "zombie_colt" )
around line 1627 and change it to your starting gun

My starting gun is already the colt though. Plus this is just my test map so I dont have a problem if I can only have 1 weapon, my real issue is the hintstrings being visible on all the box locations even if the box isnt there
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 11:25:39 am
Ok try this hopefully this should fix up the hintstrings. As well as I added an option for starting weapon so the 1 box glitch should be better avoided.
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 11:56:48 am
This is now partially fixed. The hintstring bug comes whenever the box leaves the starting location for the SECOND time, and then the hintstring is at the starting location even though the box isnt there, and it only lets me hit it once then the hintstring goes away at that location, but the other locations are fine. Also the light flare in the sky only stays at the starting location now.
Post by: timelordalex on October 31, 2014, 12:10:39 pm
i hope to see some mappers utilize this new box which is really want 3arc need (letting other players take your weapon - how difficult is that) I take it works when getting a third gun with mule kick
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 12:21:13 pm
i hope to see some mappers utilize this new box which is really want 3arc need (letting other players take your weapon - how difficult is that) I take it works when getting a third gun with mule kick
Not very hard to let others take your weapon. And yah it is utilized to work with Mule Kick.
If you don't have Bams or my mule kick it would need to be adjusted.

Zombiekilla6, I will fix it up in a bit and post the dl on this post.
Updated: Should be fixed now. If not I will continue to work on it. I am currently at school so I can't test it but if I can't figure it out when I get home I will fix it.
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 01:28:41 pm
Yup it works now, also for some reason I cant seem to get a fire sale drop to test if that works like it should, even though I added the include line to my dlc3_code
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 01:32:40 pm
Yup it works now, also for some reason I cant seem to get a fire sale drop to test if that works like it should, even though I added the include line to my dlc3_code
Ok Ill fix it up. Nikolai had the bug originally so just give me a bit to remember how to fix it.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 01:34:56 pm
everything been fixed?
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 01:37:24 pm
everything been fixed?
Mostly. Just have to get the firesale to drop again. Also I have to update the OP with a fully working version. For now just dl the latest MysteryBox2.gsc and replace it with the OP dl. And then mostly all known bugs should be fixed.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 01:39:55 pm
Mostly. Just have to get the firesale to drop again. Also I have to update the OP with a fully working version. For now just dl the latest MysteryBox2.gsc and replace it with the OP dl. And then mostly all known bugs should be fixed.
i have downloaded the one from front page page 1 there is a tut file but i carnt open it
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 01:41:26 pm
i have downloaded the one from front page page 1 there is a tut file but i carnt open it
Any text editor should open it just fine. Just drag and drop into a text editor or open with.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 01:51:32 pm
Any text editor should open it just fine. Just drag and drop into a text editor or open with.
ok thanks :)
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 02:02:52 pm
Zombiekilla6, you updated the _zombiemode_powerups.gsc correct? If you did when I get home I will fix it, can't remember out what it is right now.
Also later today I am going to adjust the mystery box to work with the BO Hacker since I forgot to add that in. Also something I didn't mention is this is set up to work wit EMP but needs to be threaded manually. I will later add a tut to thread things manually.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:08:24 pm
i carnt find this in dlc3_code

http://gyazo.com/e7d1806d686afaf0e741977ec11ef59c (http://gyazo.com/e7d1806d686afaf0e741977ec11ef59c)
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 02:11:52 pm
Yup, I double checked to make sure I added it in zombiemode_powerups and its there. Also I forgot to add in the dlc3_code stuff and like Rorke said, its not there. Maybe cause it got overwrote with the ugx mod tools patch?
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 02:18:05 pm
Yup, I double checked to make sure I added it in zombiemode_powerups and its there. Also I forgot to add in the dlc3_code stuff and like Rorke said, its not there. Maybe cause it got overwrote with the ugx mod tools patch?
No, I use the UGX Patch as well. Just look for include_weapon or include_weapons?
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:21:58 pm
No, I use the UGX Patch as well. Just look for include_weapon or include_weapons?
the include_weapons is in the weighing function for ray gun and other one is function for the weapons them self
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 02:25:30 pm

Still found zero results. I looked through the entire file as well and couldn't find anything that sounded like it could be it
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 02:27:53 pm
Still found zero results. I looked through the entire file as well and couldn't find anything that sounded like it could be it
Oops, was suppose to say _zombiemode_utility not dlc3_code. My bad, sorry about all the confusion. Ill fix it up when I get home
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:28:48 pm
Oops, was suppose to say _zombiemode_utility not dlc3_code. My bad, sorry about all the confusion. Ill fix it up when I get home
lol :D +1 man thanks for the quick reply
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 02:33:07 pm

Ahh, yup found it in zombiemode_utility. Thanks!
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:37:12 pm
which prefab do i have to use? coz there is 2 or dont it matter?
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 02:41:48 pm
which prefab do i have to use? coz there is 2 or dont it matter?

If you have the motd box or origins box you use the animated one, but if you dont then you use the normal one.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:48:15 pm
i now have a flashing "unknown texture" icon thingy and its putting the an94 model in when i havnt put that weapon in my map O_o http://gyazo.com/fcc4f1ea7cdd424d811a000cedb47653 (http://gyazo.com/fcc4f1ea7cdd424d811a000cedb47653)
Post by: arceus on October 31, 2014, 02:49:31 pm
thats messed up rorke
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:50:15 pm
thats messed up rorke
lol bug's for life lol are well its only the tutorial map lol

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 02:56:27 pm
If you have the motd box or origins box you use the animated one, but if you dont then you use the normal one.
so i have to now port the weapons box from bo2 dlc? im very confused
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 02:56:45 pm
lol bug's for life lol are well its only the tutorial map lol

I had that same bug on my test map, oddly enough when i copied it over to my main map, it went away.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 02:58:41 pm
I had that same bug on my test map, oddly enough when i copied it over to my main map, it went away.
echh not too keen on risking months of work lol

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 03:14:26 pm
unknown anim tree "magic_box" <-----fixed it
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 03:29:10 pm
Rorke the unknown texture is because you didn't adjust the shader in _zombiemode_powerups.gsc. The an94 bug I don't know what to say about that as it uses weapons only included in dlc3_code.gsc and _zombiemode_weapons.gsc so I didn't have to do more modifying to the code. Yah magic_box having that error would be you forgot to add it. The Animated box is only if you have any box from BO2 or just a custom made animated box. Otherwise use the Default one. Using the animated box will have to be adjusted as I just used part of the WAW box so you could see what needed to be changed.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 03:32:30 pm
Rorke the unknown texture is because you didn't adjust the shader in _zombiemode_powerups.gsc. The an94 bug I don't know what to say about that as it uses weapons only included in dlc3_code.gsc and _zombiemode_weapons.gsc so I didn't have to do more modifying to the code. Yah magic_box having that error would be you forgot to add it. The Animated box is only if you have any box from BO2 or just a custom made animated box. Otherwise use the Default one. Using the animated box will have to be adjusted as I just used part of the WAW box so you could see what needed to be changed.
it gave me that error because i didnt tick the animtree in iwd file list when building mod

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 03:34:02 pm
i also dont fully understand what the box is supposed to do? like whats different? im very confused :'(

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 03:37:21 pm
also the firesale shader and stuff will come in handy if ever someone ever does a tut for firesale
Post by: arceus on October 31, 2014, 03:38:32 pm
Also I wanna kind of explain some of the features as well.
Box Location - There is an option to completely disable it, add it everywhere like natch, randomize the location, or set the location yourself.
Firesale - Completely redesigned to work with all the features and so far no bugs at all with it.
Perma-Box - If you played BO2 you will know after a few box hits you can get a teddy bear which allows better weapons
UGX Player Take - If you hit the box, after a little while it will be available for others to take the weapon
Adjust timers for box open time, how long for UGX player take to be active
Adjust sounds
Adjustable User settings. Try it out, this should help non-scripters hugely with customizing features with little knowledge of scripting
1 Box prefab is only required. No kvp editing besides changing models.
Fixes up many bugs with the original mystery box, including 3+ weapon/perk glitch + a few more
Fully redesigned
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 03:40:48 pm
it gave me that error because i didnt tick the animtree in iwd file list when building mod

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 03:34:02 pm
i also dont fully understand what the box is supposed to do? like whats different? im very confused :'(
Basically it is trying to make adjusting features of the box easier. Also I have had people always ask me about the firesale so this includes the firesale. And adds features into the box from BO and BO2 that the box was specifically designed for and helps people who have little scripting knowledge to change features with just changing 1 thing then a whole function. And also fixes up a few bugs that were originally present in the WAW version.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 03:44:28 pm
so firesale is pre-scripted?

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 03:45:54 pm
Basically it is trying to make adjusting features of the box easier. Also I have had people always ask me about the firesale so this includes the firesale. And adds features into the box from BO and BO2 that the box was specifically designed for and helps people who have little scripting knowledge to change features with just changing 1 thing then a whole function. And also fixes up a few bugs that were originally present in the WAW version.
ohh i see thats nice really nice :D also when box leaves it leaves it light behind is it supposed to do that?
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 03:48:27 pm

ohh i see thats nice really nice :D also when box leaves it leaves it light behind is it supposed to do that?
Firesale is already setup in the MysteryBox2.gsc script all you have to do is add the powerup then simply thread the line in MysteryBox2.gsc and it will start working. The thing with the firesale is sounds and shaders must be ported yourself. I may make an iwd or ff file for those who don't own BO or BO2 for sounds and the shader.
Which light? The one for location or the one when it opens?
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2014, 03:51:46 pm

That is fixed in the lastest version, with the hintstring bug fixed
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 03:54:18 pm
http://gyazo.com/dcc76a2c3e0addb53d2475d0040fc049 (http://gyazo.com/dcc76a2c3e0addb53d2475d0040fc049)
?
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 03:58:49 pm
http://gyazo.com/dcc76a2c3e0addb53d2475d0040fc049 (http://gyazo.com/dcc76a2c3e0addb53d2475d0040fc049)
?
Oops another mess up got to update that later as well now. In _zombiemode_powerups is what I meant. Ill fix it up later with the other one.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 04:01:04 pm
i already have if you want me to pm you with it?
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 04:01:46 pm
i already have if you want me to pm you with it?
Do you have material,FireSaleShader in mod.csv?
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 04:02:29 pm
Do you have material,FireSaleShader in mod.csv?
no ive not ported anything to do with fire sale stuff

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 04:04:37 pm
ill probibly do that later on today, also is the box copy and past? or whats crack with that

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 04:05:18 pm

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 04:04:37 pm
ill probibly do that later on today, also is the box copy and past? or whats crack with that
also i found the 3 boxes that the main box is sat on is black? might be my light grid but idk
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 04:05:31 pm
Then ignore it or you can use another shader for testing. Otherwise it will be a checkerboard shader.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 04:06:30 pm
yeah when i spawn in its there constantly flashing but ive commented it out

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 04:08:42 pm
untill i can get and do the stuff needed for it
Post by: PROxFTW on October 31, 2014, 04:11:14 pm
yeah when i spawn in its there constantly flashing but ive commented it out
Hmm.. Ill take a look in a bit. And what do you mean copy and paste? Like using the same prefab over and over? Then Yes.
Post by: Rorke on October 31, 2014, 04:12:58 pm
Hmm.. Ill take a look in a bit. And what do you mean copy and paste? Like using the same prefab over and over? Then Yes.
yeah thats what i meant and perfect (was getting tired of right clicking and being limited to 5 weapon boxes per map) thanks man +1 for you again :D

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 04:46:00 pm
i have found a extra fix for 1 weapon glitch using this box!!!!

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 07:39:14 pm
any ideas on how to get the model working?
Post by: X0master on November 02, 2014, 02:29:29 am
I keep having this error. I don't know what im doing wrong but its the dlc3_code part in the tutorial that im stuck with  (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi60.tinypic.com%2F353cza0.jpg&hash=d7f7176d99459410bb6e730f6b142ee78e5d3919)      (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi58.tinypic.com%2F2wqcq6o.jpg&hash=d6925d641fad2ab21f0693d5a1c326546228cd81) 
Post by: PROxFTW on November 02, 2014, 02:32:54 pm
I keep having this error. I don't know what im doing wrong but its the dlc3_code part in the tutorial that im stuck with  (http://i60.tinypic.com/353cza0.jpg)      (http://i58.tinypic.com/2wqcq6o.jpg)
Ok I know what that is. I forgot I updated my script to work with a few of my features. In _zombiemode_weapons.gsc replace
Code Snippet
Plaintext
include_zombie_weapon( weapon_name, in_box, weighting_func, BoxIncreaseRarity )
{

}
with
Code Snippet
Plaintext
include_zombie_weapon( weapon_name, in_box, weighting_func, BoxIncreaseRarity )
{
if( !IsDefined( level.zombie_include_weapons ) )
{
level.zombie_include_weapons = [];
}
if( !isDefined( in_box ) )
{
in_box = true;
}

level.zombie_include_weapons[weapon_name] = in_box;

if( !isDefined( weighting_func ) )
{
level.weapon_weighting_funcs[weapon_name] = maps\_zombiemode_weapons::default_weighting_func;
}
else
{
level.weapon_weighting_funcs[weapon_name] = weighting_func;
}

if( IsDefined( BoxIncreaseRarity ) )
level.BoxIncreaseRarity[weapon_name] = BoxIncreaseRarity;
else
level.BoxIncreaseRarity[weapon_name] = 1;
}
Ill fix this up in the tutorial hopefully sometime today. If you have any more errors let me know I will fix them up but this should fix it up.
Post by: Dust on November 02, 2014, 03:30:57 pm
I have a question, how do I adjust the times for the box to leave and appear? I don't like how quick the box leaves and arrives.
Post by: PROxFTW on November 02, 2014, 03:40:00 pm
I have a question, how do I adjust the times for the box to leave and appear? I don't like how quick the box leaves and arrives.
This is default to waw but if you want to change it. Ill add it as an option as well for people
Look for in
Code Snippet
Plaintext
LeaveBoxLoc() {  }
Code Snippet
Plaintext
FakePieces[0] MoveTo( FakePieces[0].origin + ( 0, 0, 50 ), TIME );
FakePieces[0] Vibrate( ( 10, 10, 0 ), 10, .5, TIME );
TIME - This is default to 5 in the script. Adjust it to what you want.
Animated boxes will need the actual anim length adjusted if you want to modify that.
Post by: PROxFTW on November 11, 2014, 09:10:57 pm
For anyone who wants to update go ahead. But main things done are bug fixes, and a few more options added. This is done slightly different as far as user settings for those who run developer mode. I used a certain ways for weapons in the arrays called StrTok, which might be confusing but I tried to make as best an example as I could. Download is on the first page.
Also for things you have to thread yourself. Here is somewhat of an example. If you have leroy simply have him walk to the box then play the anim, then just thread this line.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level thread FriendlyLeroyEffect();
There is one for brutus locking the box and using emps on the box as well.
Also I am going to make a poll, which is do you guys want me to add hacker? I worked on a bit and it is pretty complex to do, so if you want it, vote because I don't want to waste time on something like that.
Post by: PROxFTW on November 14, 2014, 01:06:02 am
Hacker is now implemented. Hopefully no bugs. I tested this as much as I could and tried to eliminate all the bugs I could find. If you notice more, then let me know and I will work on a fix. My only thought would be there might be small coop bugs but hopefully not game breaking if there even are issues on coop.
DL is on the first page. Hope you all enjoy. To use the hacker simply change the weapon for the hacker to your hacker weapon and it is ready to go.
Post by: hedler_koch on November 17, 2014, 07:11:53 pm
I have a big Problem with the Mystery Box, when I went to the box and hit it my screen freezes a short time and  I can´t grab a weapon from the box. :'(
Can anyone help please.
Post by: PROxFTW on November 17, 2014, 08:00:32 pm
I have a big Problem with the Mystery Box, when I went to the box and hit it my screen freezes a short time and  I can´t grab a weapon from the box. :'(
Can anyone help please.
Hmm, that should be fixed. Ill take another look when I get home and make sure.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on November 19, 2014, 08:45:33 am
I having real trouble trying to use this, can someone just give me a quick run down?
Post by: ProGamerzFTW on November 19, 2014, 12:23:08 pm
I having real trouble trying to use this, can someone just give me a quick run down?

Tutorial in the download.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 03, 2014, 02:15:07 am
really? ok ill check again
Post by: Rorke on December 08, 2014, 01:54:08 am
Nice work pro very nice work I might need your help when it comes to the hacker tho but very nice indeed +1 for you again :) I will definitely be downloading when I get on the pc :)

Double Post Merge: December 08, 2014, 10:11:28 pm
what do you mean by this?
// 30 second sound for firesale. If increased to 1 minute, then it will play 30 seconds. May reconsider

i got bo2 firesale sounds to work but the music when firesale is active just keeps on going and its not set to looping in the alieas either is this a error in the gsc? coz even when sale has finished music still keeps on going
Post by: PROxFTW on December 08, 2014, 10:42:02 pm
Nice work pro very nice work I might need your help when it comes to the hacker tho but very nice indeed +1 for you again :) I will definitely be downloading when I get on the pc :)

Double Post Merge: December 08, 2014, 10:11:28 pm
what do you mean by this?
// 30 second sound for firesale. If increased to 1 minute, then it will play 30 seconds. May reconsider

i got bo2 firesale sounds to work but the music when firesale is active just keeps on going and its not set to looping in the alieas either is this a error in the gsc? coz even when sale has finished music still keeps on going
Dont worry much about the 1 minute thing. It is just if you got the perma firesale perk thing, then it would only play the sound for 30 seconds rather than a minute. Also for the sound make sure it is set up for just a regular playsound than a playloopsound, otherwise I could help you with that if you need anymore help.
Also I have a small update for people with the hacker as you can hack the box during a sale so will update that in a bit. You can either replace the gsc or I will make a tut for updating it as it should be pretty easy fix.
Post by: Rorke on December 09, 2014, 12:29:07 pm
yeah the sound isnt set to looping its set to music? i would like help on fixing that
Post by: Rorke on December 10, 2014, 05:23:54 pm
found a bug in co-op i can only use the weapon box once

http://gyazo.com/00a8e3f368f4a8d91d1f42cdf5d891d8 (http://gyazo.com/00a8e3f368f4a8d91d1f42cdf5d891d8)

well the host can only use the weapon box once other people can use it like normal
Post by: PROxFTW on December 10, 2014, 05:42:12 pm
found a bug in co-op i can only use the weapon box once

http://gyazo.com/00a8e3f368f4a8d91d1f42cdf5d891d8 (http://gyazo.com/00a8e3f368f4a8d91d1f42cdf5d891d8)

well the host can only use the weapon box once other people can use it like normal
Ok Ill take a look when I get home.
Post by: Rorke on December 10, 2014, 05:44:25 pm
Ok Ill take a look when I get home.
nice thanks man!! :)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 11, 2014, 12:15:03 am
im really hoping, tomorrow when i have time to look, this can fix my box problem on my map (in fact ANY map "I" compile lol)
Post by: PROxFTW on December 11, 2014, 12:25:39 am
Hope it helps too Harry.
Also have a potential update that might fix the host glitch. If someone has time to test it and let me know that would be great.
If this doesn't work, then I will test it hard with some friends but hopefully this should fix it.
Also if this works I will update the OP until then download it from this post.
Post by: Rorke on December 11, 2014, 12:43:41 am
Hope it helps too Harry.
Also have a potential update that might fix the host glitch. If someone has time to test it and let me know that would be great.
If this doesn't work, then I will test it hard with some friends but hopefully this should fix it.
Also if this works I will update the OP until then download it from this post.
thankyou pro :) i will now have to make 2 changes in the script for my firesale sounds to work but nice job +1 for fixing illl test in the morning
Post by: buttkicker845 on January 15, 2015, 11:40:26 pm
i fallowed your steps on changing the shader and the model for fire sale but neither of them appear in game
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 16, 2015, 04:38:22 am
Have you managed to fix the host glitch? I tried this last week and the box only worked once for me (I was host of course lol) ;)
Post by: PROxFTW on January 16, 2015, 04:49:08 am
Have you managed to fix the host glitch? I tried this last week and the box only worked once for me (I was host of course lol) ;)
Don't know if it is. Haven't messed with this in a while since I plan to make something bigger off of this same idea but is no where close to being ready. I can defiantly take a look at it and check if it is fixed tomorrow then if not work on it and have it ready and working tomorrow.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 16, 2015, 05:23:55 am
that would be great as id like to keep using this in the meantime, until you release your next project :)

Awesome job other than that one bug though :)
Post by: PROxFTW on January 17, 2015, 04:48:56 pm
Mystery Box 2.0 update
- Fixed host glitch: Had to rework some stuff so hacker device might be a little glitchy/weird when using it but should still work the same.

Will update the first post in a bit, until then download this one.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on January 17, 2015, 09:09:41 pm
awesome, thank you :)
Post by: GerardS0406 on March 06, 2015, 01:00:49 am
Mystery Box 2.0 update
- Fixed host glitch: Had to rework some stuff so hacker device might be a little glitchy/weird when using it but should still work the same.

Will update the first post in a bit, until then download this one.
Just to make sure, is the OP Download the updated version?
Post by: PROxFTW on March 06, 2015, 01:05:31 am
Just to make sure, is the OP Download the updated version?
Yah, should be the most updated
Post by: GerardS0406 on March 06, 2015, 01:28:35 am
K great, thanks for the share

Double Post Merge: March 06, 2015, 02:53:46 am
Bug Found:
If you have one gun and purchase the box then pick up the gun you will still only have 1 gun

EDIT:
Also is there a tutorial on how to implement the hacker? (I'm thinking you change the weapon file name to "hacker" and in the mysterybox2.gsc put the weapon file name by hacker
Post by: DeletedUser on April 23, 2015, 12:10:19 pm
Not sure if I've missed how to fix this, when the player has one weapon and uses the box, it only changes the weapon in the hand, meaning that you can't have two weapons unless the player has 2 already.

(I have changed the starting weapon in loadout and the box gsc, and have the latest mysterybox.gsc)
Post by: PROxFTW on April 23, 2015, 12:24:05 pm
Not sure if I've missed how to fix this, when the player has one weapon and uses the box, it only changes the weapon in the hand, meaning that you can't have two weapons unless the player has 2 already.

(I have changed the starting weapon in loadout and the box gsc, and have the latest mysterybox.gsc)
I can fix it when I get home then.
Post by: DeletedUser on April 23, 2015, 12:40:21 pm
I can fix it when I get home then.

Cheers, if you need any more info just say.
Post by: chromastone10 on April 23, 2015, 03:45:07 pm

have you changed it in your zombiemode_weapons?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "colt45" )

you need to change "colt45" to whatever your start weapon is
Post by: smasher248 on April 23, 2015, 04:11:00 pm
how would i get this to move to random location except the box location in spawn?
Post by: PROxFTW on April 23, 2015, 04:56:50 pm
how would i get this to move to random location except the box location in spawn?
I can add in a few things when I get home for this while I work to fix the 1 weapon glitch.
Post by: DeletedUser on April 23, 2015, 08:34:12 pm
have you changed it in your zombiemode_weapons?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( primaryWeapons[i] == "colt45" )

you need to change "colt45" to whatever your start weapon is

Yup, I have also changed that, not sure what it could be. I shall wait to hear from PROxFTW :)
Post by: PROxFTW on April 23, 2015, 10:53:09 pm
Thanks to bhmbob for helping me test a few things. Everything should be fixed now. Also added in the ability for randomization of the box, allowing the mapper to modify which zones the box can/cannot start. If any other bugs are found/suggestions of what to add, let me know. Just includes the gsc on this post, the first page will be updated shortly.
Also to prevent any starting issues if you already added this in. In _zombiemode_weapons.gsc find where you added the function call
Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\MysteryBox2::MysteryBoxNew();
and replace it with
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread maps\MysteryBox2::MysteryBoxNew();
Post by: X0master on April 24, 2015, 01:59:03 am
you should add a option to have idle sounds  :P
Post by: smasher248 on April 24, 2015, 11:20:26 pm
couple of bugs: (https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F3dc4383f5b8d120ec4962a646124ed26.jpg&hash=09ad65d95b4bb528dbcef41ae4b04ad66e462c78) the teddy bear appears on the box after the first move, it hides when you use the box then reappears when lid closes, it happens throughout every move, also the default texture in bottom centre flashes about every .5 seconds i am guessing it an error with the firesale powerup
Post by: PROxFTW on April 24, 2015, 11:33:21 pm
couple of bugs: (http://i.gyazo.com/3dc4383f5b8d120ec4962a646124ed26.jpg) the teddy bear appears on the box after the first move, it hides when you use the box then reappears when lid closes, it happens throughout every move, also the default texture in bottom centre flashes about every .5 seconds i am guessing it an error with the firesale powerup
The teddy bear actually isn't a bug unless you already disabled the setting, but if you look in the settings there is 1 for perma weapon increase or something which was in BO2, and a teddy bear would spawn on the box indicating stronger weapons would be easier to get over weaker weapons. And the firesale seems to be a bug if you use my powerup script which I didn't notice before and I will fix up. If it isn't one of these suggestions, could you specify more?
Added a download for the new _zombiemode_powerup.gsc. This should fix the flickering icon.
Thanks to bhmbob, just a quick little bug fix if you change the price of the box it still gives back 950.
Post by: smasher248 on June 01, 2015, 11:07:08 am
um i have a problem, the hint string "take weapon" plays for all players not just the one who bought the box
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 02, 2015, 12:08:17 am
Didnt the old one do that anyway? I know that the pap does, you just cant take it ;)
Post by: smasher248 on June 04, 2015, 09:59:24 am
Didnt the old one do that anyway? I know that the pap does, you just cant take it ;)

lol maybe, cant remember but now i have a problem of not being able to take the weapon from the box, it shows the hintstring and on both solo and coop i cant take the weapon
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 04, 2015, 10:28:33 am
Yea IperBreach came to me about that too (Not being able to take the gun)

I think you need to take another look at it PROxFTW ;)
Post by: IperBreach86 on June 04, 2015, 02:14:37 pm
Also now the weapons in the box are invisible, before the guns were showing up whit this box (maybe ive edited something wrong?)
And i've tryed modifing the box music but in-game isnt playing,and im am sure that the  soundaliase name is OK.
Post by: Tim Smith on July 21, 2015, 09:51:30 am
everything is good now should i download it from the first topic ??

and thx for the box :D
Post by: BuIlDaLiBlE on August 21, 2015, 12:54:11 pm
I dunno what to do with this =\
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWnxvwnk.png&hash=2b4672ccb7b01387262a48852097977d7a8746b8)
I'm using UGX Modtools Patch which slightly changes handling of zones, could this be a problem?
Post by: PROxFTW on September 03, 2015, 01:39:51 pm
I'd thought that I should finally update this. No coop testing was done, since there wasn't anything really coop specific but if I need to I can test it.

Issues:
Sound - If anyone else notices let me know, I have modified many files which could be the reason for me

Features:
Some removed or broken but designed to have similar features
Not all have been fully tested

Updates:
Slower, unless a major bug is noticed

Prefabs:
Not the ones I used but I did modify them via scripting so the parts I modified could be off
If you want to make your own if they dont work let me know but isn't too hard.
Post by: TwoDeeSee on August 10, 2016, 02:31:48 am
I can't get the box to move! am I doing something wrong??

does anyone else have this issue? :'( :nyan:
Post by: TwoDeeSee on August 11, 2016, 02:47:09 am
Nevermind! I figured out how to do it! If anyone else has this issue just message me and I'll help! I'm going to post a tutorial video for people who need it!
Post by: psychoboyz843 on July 01, 2017, 06:42:34 pm
dose this box include new weapons and etc just trying to find out please and thank you