Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
scriptz's Groups
scriptz's Contact & Social Linksbobby_z_beginB0BBY-Z-B3G1N
- BOBBY Z's BUILDABLES -
- BUILDABLE DOOR SWITCH -

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First off go to the directory you extracted the files to (the files included in .rar download) 
  and open the mods folder then rename the folder "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME" to match your map name.

- Then go back to the directory containing your extracted files
  and copy all the folders then paste in your COD:WAW root folder.

- Then go to your maps folder (located in codwaw-root/mods/)
  and open the mod.csv and add the following at the bottom,
  then close & save :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
material,buildable_handle_shader
material,buildable_wire_shader
material,buildable_panel_shader
sound,byzmodz_custom_sounds,,all_mp
sound,byzmodz_custom_vox,,all_mp

- Now open the maps folder in your maps folder, and open "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.gsc"
  (NOTE: Your maps name would be in place of MAPNAME lol) then find this :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
/*--------------------
FUNCTION CALLS - PRE _Load
----------------------*/
level thread DLC3_threadCalls();

- Now add this under it :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\byzmodz_buildable_door_switch::main();

- So it looks like this :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
/*--------------------
FUNCTION CALLS - PRE _Load
----------------------*/
level thread DLC3_threadCalls();
maps\byzmodz_buildable_door_switch::main();
- Then close & save.

- Now open zone_source folder in your cod:waw-root folder and find your map .csv file
  (NOTE: Its the file entitled "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME" not "nazi_zombie_MAPNAME_patch" & It would have your maps name in place of MAPNAME)
  Now open it and add this to the bottom :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
xmodel,zombie_zapper_cagelight_green
xmodel,zombie_zapper_cagelight_red

- Then close & save.

- Now open your map in radiant and add prefabs, placement goes as follows :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- buildable_ds_handle_part.map = This is the prefab of the handle player picks up,
                                                     place it where you want player to pick it up.

- buildable_ds_light_part.map = This is the prefab of the light player picks up, place it where you want player to pick it up.

- buildable_ds_panel_part.map = This is the prefab of the panel player picks up,
                                                   place it where you want player to pick it up.

- buildable_door_switch_built.map = This is the prefab of the parts that appear when built,
                                                        place this where you want door switch to be once built.

- buildable_ds_work_bench_build_trigs.map = This is the prefab of the work bench & build triggers,
                                                                      where player builds parts, place it where you want
                                                                      player to build the parts.( I would recommend near built door switch)

- buildable_door_switch_door.map = This is the prefab of the door player opens when they use switch they build,
                                                        place it where you want.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- After you've added these prefabs close radiant saving your changes.

- Once back at Launcher select "Mod Builder" tab, then select your map, and then select newly added files in the list and build your mod, with "Build mod.ff Fastfile" & "Build IWD File" both selected.

- Then Finally select "Compile Level" tab, then select your map  and compile as you normally would.

Final Notes:

- Feel free to customize the work bench , the door, the shaders or  the sounds, if you want.
- Be sure to give me credit :P
- If you have any troubles with it, or even just need help customizing it, just add me to steam (bobby_z_begin) and ill be glad to help.
 (also if you add me i always share stuff early with people on my steam friends list for testing purposes etc)
- Credits to Don Goony for his knuckle crack and  hack function. :P

BYZMODZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jjtvayHOE

NOTE: In video showing you buildable , the hintstrings are coming up yellow, i have that set for my springfield map.
in the script i included in downloaded hintstrings have already been set back to default white , all except parts required which i keep red , as i think it looks nicer , however if you do not agree no worries just open script and find ^1 and remove it :D

also please note, for some reason my w.i.p section for springfield wont let me reply or at least i cant seem to see the option  so ill just make it clear here and now, i am still making springfield , just some friends brought to my attention some points that i was giving away too many suprises about it , anyways just so people know it is still being made , its gotten alot farther along :P its up to over 40 accessible springfield locations anyways when i started i planned for it to be a year maybe year and a half project , i plan to have it ready for release  sometime in the next 4 months, just wanted to let people know so they didnt think i gave up on it , and again srry i havent updated w.i.p page. If anyone wants to help me on this finishing this project it would be greatly appreciated as a release date sooner then 4 months , would be better :P

anyways if interested in joining me on this project add me on steam bobby_z_begin , let me know , thanks :D
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:16:04 pm by lukkie1998
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Nice!! Looks like a cool new buildable system! Great job man!!

also please note, for some reason my w.i.p section for springfield wont let me reply or at least i cant seem to see the option  so ill just make it clear here and now, i am still making springfield , just some friends brought to my attention some points that i was giving away too many suprises about it , anyways just so people know it is still being made , its gotten alot farther along :P its up to over 40 accessible springfield locations anyways when i started i planned for it to be a year maybe year and a half project , i plan to have it ready for release  sometime in the next 4 months, just wanted to let people know so they didnt think i gave up on it , and again srry i havent updated w.i.p page. If anyone wants to help me on this finishing this project it would be greatly appreciated as a release date sooner then 4 months , would be better :P

I'll take a look at your springfield topic and make it available for you again. Make sure to keep an eye on it!
Date Registered: 22 December 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
thanks man i have another 10 buildables ready im just gathering files for that im uploading to share within the next few days :)

some of these buildables are :

- buildable pack a punch
- buildable ammo machine (with optional cost and optional 5 minute cool down time & light fx + sting sound for cool time done notifier :D)
- buildable mystery box
- buildable drop ladder
- buildable satchel charge(with 4 possible part locations , locations are randomized , fx & everything included)
- buildable ugx songs
(jukebox starts with 1 song and as you play there are 6 cd's you can find and you insert/build them to jukebox , each one you add adds a song , you can add them all together or one at a time)
- buildable power switch
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
thanks man i have another 10 buildables ready im just gathering files for that im uploading to share within the next few days :)

some of these buildables are :

- buildable pack a punch
- buildable ammo machine (with optional cost and optional 5 minute cool down time & light fx + sting sound for cool time done notifier :D)
- buildable mystery box
- buildable drop ladder
- buildable satchel charge(with 4 possible part locations , locations are randomized , fx & everything included)
- buildable ugx songs
(jukebox starts with 1 song and as you play there are 6 cd's you can find and you insert/build them to jukebox , each one you add adds a song , you can add them all together or one at a time)
- buildable power switch

You Transhit lover!!! xD

Anyways, great script and love all the things. But buildable SONGS? How is that even possible? :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
buildable in the sense that there is an item to find and you have to hold use button till progress bar finishes , its like how drawable weapons from buried are basically really customized buildables ;)  which im almost ready to release buried wall drawable weapons btw  , they working perfect except one final thing they need  , the xanim for chalk swipe back and forth so i can create draw function as i already have chalk weapon file , model , etc , if anyone could help with that anim it would be greatly appreciated. Anyways im uploading a custom perk machine  and mystery box buildable  in the next couple hours so keep an eye out for that , im just finishing up instructions.txt and testing in game to be sure they working proper as well taking video clip to show them working :D then tonight im pullin an all nighter and preparing more to upload 2moro , hope the community enjoy's :P and as usually any bugs (which i dont think youll find) but in any case , if you come across any please let me know so i can fix and upload fix a.s.a.p, that being said i also have a update for my work bench i will be uploading instructions on adding/removing will be included in .rar download. (NOTE: I will be uploading work bench update by itself , as this first buildable i uploaded didnt have it , however ive already added to other buildables so all other buildables i upload will have it  already updated , but still including instructions for removing incase people dont want that update )

Update Features:

- Lantern on the work bench is off, but when you turn power on,  it turns on with fx
- Firefly fx around work bench

Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
ill try and upload jukebox buildable by midnight tonight, worst case scenario, 2moro morning
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
You Transhit lover!!! xD

Anyways, great script and love all the things. But buildable SONGS? How is that even possible? :P

buildable UGX Jukebox, probably what he means
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
i got a fix for buildable door switch here, srry bout that when i made .rar i accidently used a slighlty older version of my script for it , basically the one included in download  the shader is set too high up so its not on the screen , i have proper one  here , i double checked so simply download this :

and copy and replace the .gsc file included in .rar download into both raw/maps/ & mods/nazi_zombie_MAPNAME/maps/

then re compile , then shaders will show up properly , again srry bout that every1 :)

☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I'm not going to beat around the bush, this script is a bit shitty. It apparently only supports one door switch when it could support multiple, terrible indentation in a few spots(yes it does matter), and TBH, i don't think this script was yours to begin with. It looks like you built your code overtop someone else's buildable script(as evident by some functions possibly supporting multiple door switches while others do not and some of the functions names are EXTREMELY similar to other buildable scripts used in other maps).

I mean, look at this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
door_switch_ready()
{

door_switch_use_trig = getEnt("level_01_door_switch_use_trig", "targetname");
door_switch_use_trig enable_trigger();
door_switch_use_trig sethintstring("Press &&1 To Use Switch");
door_switch_use_trig setCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");
door_switch_use_trig UseTriggerRequireLookAt();

door_switch_use_trig waittill("trigger");
door_switch_use_trig delete();

door_switch_handle = getEnt("level_01_door_switch_build", "targetname");
door_switch_handle rotateroll(-90,.3);
door_switch_handle playsound("switch_flip");

thread power_switch_light_green();
playfx(level._effect["switch_sparks"] ,getstruct("door_switch_fx","targetname").origin);

level.hidden_exit_activated = true;

if(level.hidden_exit_activated == true)
{

players = get_players();
for(i=0;i<players.size;i++)
players[i] playsound("bridge_lower");

level_1_main_room_door = GetEnt( "level_1_main_room_door_left", "targetname" );
level_1_main_room_door movex(128, 4);
level_1_main_room_door_02 = GetEnt( "level_1_main_room_door", "targetname" );
level_1_main_room_door_02 movex(-128, 4);
wait 5;
level_1_main_room_door delete();
level_1_main_room_door_02 delete();

}

}

You wait for the player to hit the trigger and then set the variable level.hidden_exit_activated to true and then run an if statement to check if it is true, when you KNOW for a fact they hit the trigger. And, as mentioned before, it only supports ONE door switch. If you want another your probably going to need to copy the function which is inefficient.

Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
uh i handles 2 halfs of a door to be specific and for you information it can be multiple swtiches i just have it set like that , as that is how i made it , and further it semms to be best buildable ive seen (actually including progress bar with kunckle crack and shyt like that) u dont like it dont use it  , dont talk shyt about it cuz u have addon ideas for it , lol i hate ppl like u tht dont do shit just go on these sites tryna talk shyt about ppl , u have no life :P

anyways for ppl who are using this , srry i forgot texturs for security door incase you decide to use door i included here they are : 

here is work bench update :
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
I'm not going to beat around the bush, this script is a bit shitty. It apparently only supports one door switch when it could support multiple, terrible indentation in a few spots(yes it does matter), and TBH, i don't think this script was yours to begin with. It looks like you built your code overtop someone else's buildable script(as evident by some functions possibly supporting multiple door switches while others do not and some of the functions names are EXTREMELY similar to other buildable scripts used in other maps).

I mean, look at this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
door_switch_ready()
{

door_switch_use_trig = getEnt("level_01_door_switch_use_trig", "targetname");
door_switch_use_trig enable_trigger();
door_switch_use_trig sethintstring("Press &&1 To Use Switch");
door_switch_use_trig setCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");
door_switch_use_trig UseTriggerRequireLookAt();

door_switch_use_trig waittill("trigger");
door_switch_use_trig delete();

door_switch_handle = getEnt("level_01_door_switch_build", "targetname");
door_switch_handle rotateroll(-90,.3);
door_switch_handle playsound("switch_flip");

thread power_switch_light_green();
playfx(level._effect["switch_sparks"] ,getstruct("door_switch_fx","targetname").origin);

level.hidden_exit_activated = true;

if(level.hidden_exit_activated == true)
{

players = get_players();
for(i=0;i<players.size;i++)
players[i] playsound("bridge_lower");

level_1_main_room_door = GetEnt( "level_1_main_room_door_left", "targetname" );
level_1_main_room_door movex(128, 4);
level_1_main_room_door_02 = GetEnt( "level_1_main_room_door", "targetname" );
level_1_main_room_door_02 movex(-128, 4);
wait 5;
level_1_main_room_door delete();
level_1_main_room_door_02 delete();

}

}

You wait for the player to hit the trigger and then set the variable level.hidden_exit_activated to true and then run an if statement to check if it is true, when you KNOW for a fact they hit the trigger. And, as mentioned before, it only supports ONE door switch. If you want another your probably going to need to copy the function which is inefficient.

Scriptz is someone that I have been working closely with over the last few months and trust greatly to never steal a script. He is a genuine guy that I can assure you spends time and effort writing every one of his scripts until it reaches perfection. I know personally that he has spent months on end working on that one script and to begin making crazy accusations against someone that you don't even know is straight up disgusting and rude. The evidence that you have provided is also completely irrelevant as it does not in anyway support your argument and just shows how more than one door can be opened at once. So please next time be careful with your statements as I would really like to see you produce content that is at this standard and then be completely shoot down by someone for no reason what so ever. When that happens come back to me and let me know how shit you feel. Have a nice day. Happy scripting :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
hello scriptz here , i apologize but i forgot to include something in my buildable door , the textures for the door i included anyways here they with implementation instructions :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1apm64d41y52b28/security+door+textures+%28for+door+switch+buildable%29.rar

also here is work bench update :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mosz9wdw84cvhg8/byzmodz+work+bench+update+1.1.rar

Date Registered: 10 November 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
VipxRagex's Groups
VipxRagex's Contact & Social Links
The door doesn't open when I flick the switch. Are there some KVPs that I've forgotten? I changed the texture and I just dragged and dropped it in.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
uh i handles 2 halfs of a door to be specific and for you information it can be multiple swtiches i just have it set like that , as that is how i made it , and further it semms to be best buildable ive seen (actually including progress bar with kunckle crack and shyt like that) u dont like it dont use it  , dont talk shyt about it cuz u have addon ideas for it , lol i hate ppl like u tht dont do shit just go on these sites tryna talk shyt about ppl , u have no life :P

anyways for ppl who are using this , srry i forgot texturs for security door incase you decide to use door i included here they are : 

here is work bench update :

um, hes right

in order to use this with multiple buildables - simultaniously - would require either duplicating this script or changing it completely

And theres several craftable scripts including mine and JRs, and mine covered buildables "as a whole" so you could use it for anything. (including knuckle cracks and buildable bars), rather than induvidual scripts for each and every interactive item

So why dont you take a chill pill, realise that although as usual DD worded it harshly, it actually covered some rather important points and you should pay attention to them, and try not to retaliate against the rest of the community, because "1" of them pissed you off

* another note, your door will only work on "one" angle, if its rotated 90 degrees its gonna move the wrong way...

The evidence that you have provided is also completely irrelevant as it does not in anyway support your argument and just shows how more than one door can be opened at once
No.. it doesnt... its clearly displaying how everything is "hardcoded" rather than made flexible - whereby you would just thread a function or pass a targetname to it to add more useable doors... in its current state, will only work for one.

Lets not all just jump into a fest here, no offence but the script needs work, and Richs argument is totally invalid, and DDs was a little harsh, but there WERE constructive points

Lets get back on topic, recommend the improvements he needs and put this behind us now
Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:32:17 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 1 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Jesus is Mr T's Groups
Jesus is Mr T's Contact & Social Links
i installed this and now when i spawn in i have no gun/hands. i thing this has to interfere with the map add-ons by jei9363 but im not sure. if there is a fix plz let me know

Loading ...