More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
They are about a month from release or as Trem likes to say current month +1. I dont think people would like it all that much if it was Current month +3 lol.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Treyarch u got nothin on UGX.
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
Actually the solo score board was put on a wile ago since the donators get the devlog a month or so before the rest of the community does..

Post Merge: July 22, 2014, 05:25:07 am
(Image removed from quote.)
LOL
Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:25:39 am by MistaC4
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
it wouldn't delay the release that much longer if at all... and funny that you say nothings being added to the mod when Trem implemented a solo scoreboard not to long ago.
That was already planned from the start. Here and there things are added that we have on a list of items required for release. Mostly this includes bugs and provided that is what we spend almost all of our time with as of now but occasionally a small addition pops up that hasn't been added yet. That doesn't change that we are pretty much done implementing features. He said that because that was our own statement. Nothing extremely relevant is being added to the core mod itself apart from what has already been showcased.
Date Registered: 24 May 2014
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
youngmoney's Groups
youngmoney's Contact & Social Links
The solo scoreboard may seem like a small thing to you, but I think it actually took Trem a while to fully implement it and make it work without any bugs of some sort
that's exactly my point... the kid said nothing was being added to the mod but that's a pretty major addition, no?
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
I'm sorry to break it to you, but the hint strings are made with... well... strings. That means we can only use alphanumerical characters on hint strings which means we can't add any images on them. Maybe it's possible to show the button's image using a hud element but due to the engine limits, it'll eventually break the gameplay.

Also, since we need to load a cfg to make an xbox controller to work on waw, we can't detect if the player is using a controller or a keyboard and a mouse with gsc which means it's impossible to do what you want.
Exactly therefore delaying the mod even more. +1 john
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
JadenSzewczak's Groups
That was already planned from the start. Here and there things are added that we have on a list of items required for release. Mostly this includes bugs and provided that is what we spend almost all of our time with as of now but occasionally a small addition pops up that hasn't been added yet. That doesn't change that we are pretty much done implementing features. He said that because that was our own statement. Nothing extremely relevant is being added to the core mod itself apart from what has already been showcased.
i'm just about done fighting for it but... this could be one of those 'small additions' you speak of, as it's not an extremely relevant/video devoted to it type of addition and you didn't say you guys are completely done implementing features to the mod yet so a boy can dream can't he?
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
i'm just about done fighting for it but... this could be one of those 'small additions' you speak of, as it's not an extremely relevant/video devoted to it type of addition and you didn't say you guys are completely done implementing features to the mod yet so a boy can dream can't he?
We're not going to add more items to our list as it's big enough as it is. These are things that were added during the v1.1 poll we had when the mod was first in it's infancy. Right now we are trying to rule out all additions that aren't going to be worth our time and from the team's perspective this is not one of them. We are in bug fixing stages and it is going to stay this way until we have an acceptable beta ready for our testers.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the mod and how passionate people are about feature requests but it'd be nice if people would accept that no means no.

I don't want to bother coding the X button in the hitnstrings, I've given some valid reasons why and I could give more but it would be wasting my own breath.

To the guy who is debating that the solo loadscreen was a major addition, I wrote that down as a planned feature over a year ago. I think we know more about the mod we are developing than you do so please don't try to debate us on that...
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
but it would be wasting my own breath.
u dont use your breath to type something silly :)
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
that's exactly my point... the kid said nothing was being added to the mod but that's a pretty major addition, no?

The solo scoreboard really isn't that much of a major addition...that's not really what I was implying but whatever
Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:22:22 pm by CyberMan1011
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
JadenSzewczak's Groups
you guys were talking about eliminating features... is that just for until there's beta out for donors?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Honestly, I agree entirely that implementing the X button image is a waste of time. I don't know why, but I prefer having a blue capital X instead. It just feels fresh to me, and would save time to just do that rather than taking the time to put in a useless image. Seriously, what would that image benefit towards? As for the solo scoreboard, I would not classify it as a "Major Feature", but more as an interesting achievement. I bet if the solo scoreboard was made before the "New Features" video, it would simply just be included as a new feature, not some huge "ermagherd" I cant wait to go and use feature... I think we should just let UGX do what they have to do, and give them their space. All because there adding little things (that they already planned to have) along with bug testing dose not mean it will take longer. Why? Because it was originally planned purposely to be added. Stuff like that "X" button thing dose require time, and dose not need to be added. CASE CLOSED! :please:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Alright, I know that Xbox hintstrings were like half of what this Mod had going for it but what about the few other cool features still out there like the upgradeable turret system, the awesome elemental weapons and the insane total weapon count that will be in this mod? I don't know about you, but thinking about those things and I'm almost halfway to forgiving them for the whole hintstring issue. Oh, and on top of that a brand new mysterious map to play with these new toys on. Oh, I think my forgiveness meter just hit 75%.
Date Registered: 15 November 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
falumpagus907's Groups
falumpagus907's Contact & Social Links
no hint strings... unforgivable!  >:(
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
no hint strings... unforgivable!  >:(
slap yourself.... go on ill wait

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 02:20:40 am
... :lol: some MANY players desire the full console experience on custom zombies.
then go play on a console.....  ???
Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:20:40 am by rambobada555555

Loading ...