More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
you should do a poll and find out how many people want full xbox hintstrings and all when compatibility is turned on... if the majority of people wouldn't rebound their controls and want to see it then you could implement it!
broken avatar :(
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
i would love to see that. Itll be something never thought about before
Date Registered: 24 May 2014
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
youngmoney's Groups
youngmoney's Contact & Social Links
sounds like a good idea ::)
Date Registered: 15 November 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
falumpagus907's Groups
falumpagus907's Contact & Social Links
would love to see xbox hintstrings :D
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
If you have played zombies enough, Why would you want the game to remind you of the exact button you need to press to pick up an item?

Once a player opens a door or buys a weapon for the first time, they will know that X reloads and does things.
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
If you have played zombies enough, Why would you want the game to remind you of the exact button you need to press to pick up an item?

Once a player opens a door or buys a weapon for the first time, they will know that X reloads and does things.
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
JadenSzewczak's Groups

Players also know how much the doors and weapons cost after playing a given map a few times, so why not just get rid of those? It's an aesthetic touch to the gamemode that (obviously) players appreciate and more importantly want to see...
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I'm sorry sir but I do not think that points and a picture of a button are even in the same league. Apples to Oranges.

We use xbox controllers because we A. Need a controller and B.Came from playing the Xbox Version first. We know what the controls are and hintstrings would only baby us when half of these maps make you eat dirt over and over again with grueling difficulty.

I mean if mappers want authenticity it is theirs to choose I suppose but it is not worth derailing UGX's development in my eyes.

Edi: Gun and door prices fluctuate between maps. That too. Interesting debate AmI→?
Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:12:29 am by moonmaster1
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
youngmoney's Groups
Players also know how much the doors and weapons cost after playing a given map a few times, so why not just get rid of those? It's an aesthetic touch to the gamemode that (obviously) players appreciate and more importantly want to see...
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Treyarch u got nothin on UGX.
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
Question, Do you want to delay the release of UGX 1.1 any longer? Now I know its prob a small thing but there is a possibility it could delay the release......even longer, besides they already stated they aren't adding anything new they're just testing the mod extensively to make sure its as how they want it. And I agree moonmaster.
Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:14:54 am by MistaC4
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
JadenSzewczak's Groups
I'm sorry sir but I do not think that points and a picture of a button are even in the same league. Apples to Oranges.

We use xbox controllers because we A. Need a controller and B.Came from playing the Xbox Version first. We know what the controls are and hintstrings would only baby us when half of these maps make you eat dirt over and over again with grueling difficulty.

I mean if mappers want authenticity it is theirs to choose I suppose but it is not worth derailing UGX's development in my eyes.
... :lol: some MANY players desire the full console experience on custom zombies. Like I said before, we know what the buttons do, but we enjoy the aesthetic touch it provides. Trem made it sound like it was quite possible so I don't think it would be derailing UGX 1.1's development.
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
... :lol: some MANY players desire the full console experience on custom zombies. Like I said before, we know what the buttons do, but we enjoy the aesthetic touch it provides. Trem made it sound like it was quite possible so I don't think it would be derailing UGX 1.1's development.
They are about a month from release or as Trem likes to say current month +1. I dont think people would like it all that much if it was Current month +3 lol.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
youngmoney's Groups
Question, Do you want to delay the release of UGX 1.1 any longer? Now I know its prob a small thing but there is a possibility it could delay the release......even longer, besides they already stated they aren't adding anything new they're just testing the mod extensively to make sure its as how they want it. And I agree moonmaster.
it wouldn't delay the release that much longer if at all... and funny that you say nothings being added to the mod when Trem implemented a solo scoreboard not to long ago.
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
it wouldn't delay the release that much longer if at all... and funny that you say nothings being added to the mod when Trem implemented a solo scoreboard not to long ago.

The solo scoreboard may seem like a small thing to you, but I think it actually took Trem a while to fully implement it and make it work without any bugs of some sort
Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:24:05 am by CyberMan1011
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
I'm sorry to break it to you, but the hint strings are made with... well... strings. That means we can only use alphanumerical characters on hint strings which means we can't add any images on them. Maybe it's possible to show the button's image using a hud element but due to the engine limits, it'll eventually break the gameplay.

Also, since we need to load a cfg to make an xbox controller to work on waw, we can't detect if the player is using a controller or a keyboard and a mouse with gsc which means it's impossible to do what you want.

Loading ...