My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Maps Completed - Slapshot - Suspended
Signature
hardpoint_taken's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
So in my map I placed in path nodes for zombies know what to follow but they dont seem to work. there is just parts where they are running into a building or something. Any help?
Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:49:12 pm by hardpoint_taken
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
Black Ops 3 doesn't use path nodes to tell zombies where to go like it did in waw. Go into the entity browser and use a nav volume/nav mesh. This lets them go anywhere inside where this volume is covering without needing specifically placed nodes.
Date Registered: 9 October 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
kaizokuroof's Contact & Social Links
Black Ops 3 doesn't use path nodes to tell zombies where to go like it did in waw. Go into the entity browser and use a nav volume/nav mesh. This lets them go anywhere inside where this volume is covering without needing specifically placed nodes.

Hello - Thanks for responding. I've been looking for this, as I have discovered that the models I've placed on the map and added clipping too, are causing my zombies to run straight into them.
Could you expand/elaborate a little. Are there specific KPV's I need to add into these nav mesh or nav volumes?

Thank you kindly sir.
Date Registered: 1 July 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Maps Completed - Slapshot - Suspended
hardpoint_taken's Groups

Hello - Thanks for responding. I've been looking for this, as I have discovered that the models I've placed on the map and added clipping too, are causing my zombies to run straight into them.
Could you expand/elaborate a little. Are there specific KPV's I need to add into these nav mesh or nav volumes?

Thank you kindly sir.
Please!
Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:49:32 pm by hardpoint_taken
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
Please!

I'm going to do some testing with this but having a nav volume covering the entire area you want zombies to be able to walk should allow them to have pathing and go to the player around objects.
Marked as best answer by hardpoint_taken 8 years ago
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Launcher generates a navigation mesh automatically without you having to place anything in Radiant. If zombies can't walk to a specific area it's either because something is blocking their path (solid object, brush clip, etc) or because they can't climb over a difference in elevation between two areas (in which case you need to add a traverse).

If zombies are walking through an area you DON'T want them to walk, you can cover the whole area with a clip brush (don't use terrain patch clips, they no longer block zombies). If you want players to be able to walk there (but why though...), use a brush with the navmesh cutter texture.
Date Registered: 4 October 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
ROCKWELL's Groups
ROCKWELL's Contact & Social Linksrockwelelele
Navmesh will also have trouble navigating through grids such as a row of tables.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
I'm going to do some testing with this but having a nav volume covering the entire area you want zombies to be able to walk should allow them to have pathing and go to the player around objects.

Hmmm, well I have a room - The zombies bust in through some windows and inside the middle of the room there is two couches placed in an L shape. I have clipping over the couches which also forms an L shape. I find that if I run behind the couch, the zombies simply run into the couch. Now a solution would be to add in a vault or w/e, but the reason I have the L in there is so that players can kite the zombies around it.

It was mentioned above that the nav is made automatically. I've yet to test what's mentioned above, but theoretically they should already be able to navigate around?

Should the Nav mesh/volume be placed carefully around the objects, or should it cover clips? Apologies for asking more questions, I'd just really like to understand the mechanics.

Thanks again for all the responses!
Date Registered: 21 August 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
All0utWar's Groups
All0utWar's Contact & Social Links
I covered my entire map with the navmesh and the zombies are smart enough to go around clips. I'm not sure if it's better to use one volume for the entire map, or have multiple per area.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Well I tried the method above - Both with one volume and multiple volumes. It seems if the zombies don't spawn in a navmesh volume when you have them, then they just walk in one place.

Here is a screenshot of my issue: notice the chairs. They continue to pile up and walk into them until killed or until I kite them around.

I used Trigger NavMesh. And I tried Nav Volume - trying to set the targetname to something unique (as my compile had errors regarding it).

---------------------------------------------

As I was typing this, I was testing different stuff - It looks like in your clip brush, you can choose if it is a navmesh too or not. If you tick the box for Static_Navmesh (set it to true) the zombies now navigate around the clip/object.

Thanks!

Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:09:26 am by Lukkie1998

Loading ...