My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
(Image removed from quote.)

lol, thanks. Normally i'm not that harsh but this is six map patches after the original release and majority of the issues should have been taken care of beforehand.
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Well, i made it to round 28 with a few randoms. Originally we had 4 players in our lobby but one disconnected because his map version wasn't 1.6(seriously!?). The third guy dropped out for an unknown reason, so it was just me and this other random who successfully beat the map.

Proof:
(Image removed from quote.)

Of course while playing through the map i found even more bugs. Since this is the final map version i figure i'd do a little rant on it all. Don't open the spoiler unless you want to read it.

Spoiler: click to open...
This map has to be the perfect example of why i hate adding weapons and perks from later Call of Duties. Why? Because their TOTAL GARBAGE. some of the custom guns are missing reload sounds, aren't even properly balanced, AND CAN'T EVEN BE UPGRADED! I tried upgrading like 4 of them and the only ones that upgraded out of the four where the Type25 and MK2. and speaking of the MK2, the animations are SO BAD that when you sprint, your character jumps a little so that it can loop the animation and then the reload speed looks to be twice as slow as it should be, so when you reload the gun WITH speedcola then the animation plays at the correct time.

And thats not even the good part. Oh no it gets even worse... The Perks! The perks are so garbage that they don't even work properly, hell some of them don't even relate to the actual effects that their supposed to represent from the original game! Vulture aid gives infinite ammo for sniper rifles and somewhat doubles the ammo for other types of guns, DeadShot just increases damage(from what i've seen), and you get hitmarkers from splash damage(am i taking damage? HELL IF I KNOW!). I've complained plenty on how crappy bamskaters Black Ops perks are, but compared to this his perks are flawless!

And thats still not even the good part. The Easter Egg! Why the do hell you need 25000(or whatever it is) to start an EE? Is there ANY POINT in requiring the players to get that much points to activate it AT ALL? Why is the EE  a requirement to get into PAP? What purpose could it possibly serve!?

and now the fun part! What happens AFTER the EE! Once you complete the EE, the perk icons started flashing and then reapearing as different perk icons. Not a big deal... just a visual thing right? NO IT ISN'T. if you go down SOME PERKS are taken away, but you don't know which ones BECAUSE THE HUD DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY. Oh but don't worry, you can just buy the perks back again, right? Yeah you can if you can figure out which ones YOU DON'T HAVE cause the perk machine triggers are re enabled REGARDLESS of whither you actually have the perk sometimes. Complete BS.

I see what your saying about the perks, at first i wanted Vulture aid to work 100% you can even ask my friend i had the script somewhat done but at the end i wanted Vulture aid to do that.  And i also made some of the guns a bit better than before.  For thee perk hud i try to fix that but i never could because of who's who.

But in the end i am happy you type a long message to tell me about all this but something i did because i feel i wanted to and something i did because they were unfixable.  But i like to say thanks for telling me all the things you like/did not like.  :D

Post Merge: April 07, 2014, 04:35:37 am
lol, thanks. Normally i'm not that harsh but this is six map patches after the original release and majority of the issues should have been taken care of beforehand.

And i am not trying to be rude in anyways but i feel 6 updates is nothing. It takes anygame about that to fix bugs and zombie map. So why do it make this map different? But also like i said i am trying to be nice idk if that sounded nice but i am not trying to be mad or rude. :D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I see what your saying about the perks, at first i wanted Vulture aid to work 100% you can even ask my friend i had the script somewhat done but at the end i wanted Vulture aid to do that.  And i also made some of the guns a bit better than before.  For thee perk hud i try to fix that but i never could because of who's who.

You mean setting the hud once the player has died? Wouldn't just you notify a loop once a player has died and take that players perks(and HUD) using:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
UnSetPerk( "" );

and

Code Snippet
Plaintext
perk_hud_destroy( perk )

?

And i am not trying to be rude in anyways but i feel 6 updates is nothing. It takes anygame about that to fix bugs and zombie map. So why do it make this map different? But also like i said i am trying to be nice idk if that sounded nice but i am not trying to be mad or rude.

There is a difference though. The games that they release (for the most part) work as intended, Most of the features of the map don't work very well if at all.

There is no way to guarantee that everyone has the latest version with custom maps And of course if people don't have the same version of the map, the people who don't have the same version as the host are going to be kicked from the lobby. but Treyarch(or any game developer) can send a patch to Sony or Microsoft or Steam that then can be downloaded by people so EVERYONE has the same game version therefor there are no real compatibility issues.
Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:10:46 am by daedra descent
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
And i am not trying to be rude in anyways but i feel 6 updates is nothing. It takes anygame about that to fix bugs and zombie map. So why do it make this map different? But also like i said i am trying to be nice idk if that sounded nice but i am not trying to be mad or rude. :D

sure, really bug free maps take more than 6 tests....not patches man. you should have played it 10+ times before release, to fix the stuff you could.

Post Merge: April 07, 2014, 05:26:58 am
also as deadra said custom maps are not like treyarch miscrosoft which will promt you if theres an update, so thats why you shouldnt have released the map if there was so many stuff you knew you had to fix later
Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:26:58 am by jjbradman
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You mean setting the hud once the player has died? Wouldn't just you notify a loop once a player has died and take that players perks(and HUD) using:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
UnSetPerk( "" );

and

Code Snippet
Plaintext
perk_hud_destroy( perk )

?

There is a difference though. The games that they release (for the most part) work as intended, Most of the features of the map don't work very well if at all.

There is no way to guarantee that everyone has the latest version with custom maps And of course if people don't have the same version of the map, the people who don't have the same version as the host are going to be kicked from the lobby. but Treyarch(or any game developer) can send a patch to Sony or Microsoft or Steam that then can be downloaded by people so EVERYONE has the same game version therefor there are no real compatibility issues.

I know how to set/unset perks, if you like to help me then go for it :D

edit: Who's who you can not just set/unset perk like that, And i still don't get why people get mad over updateing thr map "Zombiejelly" Was happy to see me updating

Post Merge: April 07, 2014, 05:48:49 am
sure, really bug free maps take more than 6 tests....not patches man. you should have played it 10+ times before release, to fix the stuff you could.

Post Merge: April 07, 2014, 05:26:58 am
also as deadra said custom maps are not like treyarch miscrosoft which will promt you if theres an update, so thats why you shouldnt have released the map if there was so many stuff you knew you had to fix later

I mean inless i am trying man and i did not test my map like 10 or a bit more i test it like 100 times, but most of the time i have no one  to test stuff with so its a bit hard to test stuff.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
No please do, let's see v1.7 here tonight, and then someone else can come in next week and show you more stuff for 1.8. I'm hoping we can hit 2.0 in two weeks' time and maybe 3.0 by the end of the month.

Tell me have you seem it yet?
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links

why did you post this? your literally asking for more
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
why did you post this? your literally asking for more

Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:31:38 pm by tomikaze
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Are you trying to bump your map thread so that it goes back to the recent discussion box? Because that's all your useless reply did, which is against rule #1 of the forum. Do it one more time and the topic will be locked. Believe me, I'd love to watch this topic slowly drop back page after page in the Releases section so that nobody has to remember actually witnessing this horrendous map.

PS: Learn to type & spell.
Date Registered: 5 August 2012
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
im aggressive
Signature
:D
jzob1234's Groups
jzob1234's Contact & Social Linksjzobjzob123
Are you trying to bump your map thread so that it goes back to the recent discussion box? Because that's all your useless reply did, which is against rule #1 of the forum. Do it one more time and the topic will be locked. Believe me, I'd love to watch this topic slowly drop back page after page in the Releases section so that nobody has to remember actually witnessing this horrendous map.

hes not trying to boost it up :/
hes asking you a question...
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
hes not trying to boost it up :/
hes asking you a question...
No, he's trying to be sarcastic while boosting his topic back into relevancy. Leave the moderating to the moderators please.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser

Well if you were looking i did not boost it up at ALL! i was just asking you something because you wanted to see 1.7 tonight/a week a go

Edit:  i did not try to be sarcastic anyways
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Well if you were looking i did not boost it up at ALL! i was just asking you something because you wanted to see 1.7 tonight/a week a go

Edit:  i did not try to be sarcastic anyways
The original reply that you are referencing was a complete joke. This topic has had enough.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I would imagine most of the community is sick of seeing this topic back in the Recent Posts box with pointless replies about such a uninteresting map - myself included. Not many map releases have 12 pages of replies, but this one does. Why, you ask?

• 1) The map was so unbelievably buggy that the first 5 pages were solid bug reporting and complaints. I'll say that again to make sure that sinks in: 5 PAGES of bugs and complaints. For one map.
  • 2) The remaining 7 pages are mixed between more complains and controversial discussion between you and the rest of the community. All this accomplishes is bringing the topic back to recent discussion repeatedly so that more people see the topic and try the map out of curiosity. I'm pretty sure we would all agree that you learned nothing despite our best efforts, so it's time for this discussion to end and for the topic to die.
  • 3) The map has been updated enough already, you're out of chances. It's time to make a different, better map. No one here is interested in following this map through 6 more patches or trying it again after the first 5.

There are much better maps on this site that haven't gotten half the exposure that yours has simply because the mapper is not updating it 6 times or arguing with people over the updates for 12 pages. Find some humility and start learning from these people and maybe you can redeem your reputation.

Topic Locked.
Date Registered: 5 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I specialize in audio design and weapon porting, but a majority of the time I do stuff in the audio department.
NikolaiLikesVodka's Groups
Inless i am fixing stuff, and may i ask you this Why can't you put it  in a nicer way?
Probs save all fixes for one big update :P

Loading ...